ABD New York Dreams - DVC Only

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by DisneyCruisin', Jan 18, 2013.

1. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

So is there a generally accepted idea of how much 160 points is worth? So we could get an idea of what the price might be for the rest of us next year? I'd love to do this trip!

Sayhello

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tufbuf

tufbuf Disney Addict!

One point is usually rented at $10 pp. I think the point allotment for this trip is on the low side compared to the current points for the other ABDs so i don't know if that is a promo point value since its somewhat a trial.

4. tufbuf

tufbuf Disney Addict!

Okay, I just reviewed the points chart and noted that the NY trip is only 4d/3n thus the lower point allotment.

5. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

Same here! We had the Oct Adults Only booked but my daughter is expecting and due around then so we cancelled..earlier this year we had booked to go in April and stuff came up so we cancelled that too (just sold my Newsies tickets through Stub Hub :() so REALLY hope this trip comes up again!

PS..when we booked we paid cash..not points..and it priced out about $3,300 for both of us..plus had the $95 fee

6. DisneyCruisin'

DisneyCruisin' DIS Veteran

I want to say the trip was $1599 for an adult and $1519 for a child.

7. sayhello

Thanks tufbuf & DisneyCruisin'. We'll see how it goes if they offer it to the general public next year! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

8. DisneyCruisin'

Just talked to ABD. All trips are sold out, however, none of them sold out at 40 people. The July 3rd trip has 32 participants and 2 guides. The most any trip has is the August trip has 39 people (which means 37 participants and 2 guides). Hmmm......this is kind of curious to me. I know the person I talked to isn't in the "know" for next year, but I was told that ABD really wants feedback on this trip and there has been a TON of interest by non-DVCers as well as DVCers. It appears they didn't expect this much interest in this trip.

9. sayhello

Interesting. I'd have to assume they are "sold out" due to room availability at the hotel. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense. :confused3

I hope they do offer it to the general public at a half-way decent rate!

Sayhello

10. SingWithFlowers

SingWithFlowers Mouseketeer

I'm also really really hoping they offer this to general public next year, and hopefully it's not much more than it is now.

11. wdwsos

wdwsos DIS Veteran

This is funny, SingingMom! I've seen it only three times so far and that was one of the things that made me book this!

Dotti

12. Captviper13

Captviper13 Earning My Ears DVC Gold

Judy left the ABD heading home what a great time me and DW had very impressive and supper fun.

13. blossomz

blossomz Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Just want to say how great it was meeting everyone on this trip. I hope we stay in touch. Make sure to friend me on FB!

14. blossomz

blossomz Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Oh. And anyone going on the September member cruise!!?

15. Judyat

Judyat Mouseketeer

Just got home from New York Dreams trip. What a great time we had. It was a wonderful trip. Kudos to our guides Whitney and Stefan.

16. DisneyCruisin'

We are at JFK with a delay. :(

What a great trip! Stefan and Whitney did a great job! It was VERY hard to say Goodbye to them today!

Can't wait to get pictures uploaded when I get home. Feel free to friend me on Facebook. I too would love to stay in touch with everyone!

17. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Hope you will post a trip report of some type so we can hear what you did! When this becomes not only for DVC members, we would love to take it!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. heidibilotti

heidibilotti Mouseketeer

Can't say enough about how great our NewYork trip was. Living in Connecticut we visit the city quite frequently. This trip explored areas of the city we normally would have not gotten to see made lots of great new friends including our wonderful adventure guides. I will most likely be booking another adventure and staying in touch with all of the wonderful new friends. I can't wait to see all the fantastic photos we all took. These are definitely memories that will last a lifetime.