ABD Marketing

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
Why doesn't Disney seem to put a lot of effort into marketing ABD? Many people have not even heard of it. They have DVC booths in all of the parks. Why don't they have booths for ABD? I'm surprised that they haven't tied in Duffy Bear's travels and/or traveling the World Showcase at EPCOT into ABD marketing. I don't want to feel like I'm getting a sales pitch every time I'm at the parks, but a booth that people could choose to stop at if they so desired seems like an easy tool.

That's a really good question. I have no idea. It just drives me nuts on ABD's facebook page, when they ask people about their best Adventures by Disney trip, and people post about their last trip to Disney World, thinking they're asking about a Disney Adventure. They have no idea it's a specific division of Disney.

Sayhello

I think they have a very targeted marketing strategy. I do see ads in travel magazines and some pop up when I am online. If I had to guess at the demographics, I would say they are targeting households with an income of $150,000 and up.

I agree that ABD does need to do more marketing but I also don't see much advertising for other tour companies such as Tauck and Abercrombie and kent. I only know about Tauck from them being mentioned on these boards.

When we stayed at Beach Club a couple of years ago, there was an ABD "booth" set up in the lobby. They had a table and computer, some brochures, and a couple of reps asking people if they wanted to learn about ABD. Most of the time, there wasn't a lot of action there.

When DD walked by with her ABD backpack on, they called her over and checked it out, and wanted to know about which trips we'd done, what we liked about it, etc.

I've always been surprised there wasn't more of a tie-in at food and wine festival for ABD. Obviously, you've got people interested in experiencing other cultures there. It would be so easy to have a little postcard saying something to the effect of "do you like the food and music of Peru? Experience it for a week with an ABD! Give us your email and we'll send you more info!" Instead, when we visited the Peru booth at F&WF before our Peru trip, no one there had any idea there was an ABD to Peru. Oh well.

As we've said many times on this board, things that seem like obvious business-sense to us are not seen in the same light by the marketers at ABD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter