AbD - Egypt is back

wdwsos

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this was already posted, but I don't see it. Disney Destinations reinstated the Egypt trips today:

7-night:

Rates based on double occupancy Adult Child

Dec 27, 2011 - Jan 03, 2012 $4,779 $4,319
Apr 10, 2012 - Apr 17, 2012 Now Accepting Waitlist - Call for Details

9-night:

Oct 11, 2011 - Oct 20, 2011 Now Accepting Waitlist - Call for Details N/A
Dec 20, 2011 - Dec 29, 2011 $5,939 $5,359
Mar 20, 2012 - Mar 29, 2012 $5,939 $5,359
Apr 24, 2012 - May 03, 2012 $5,939 $5,359

Dotti

Would love to see it sometime, but the turmoil and the price make me stay away. I can't believe it is that expensive. My understanding is that their tourism is way down, and they are really in need of the tourist to come back. Those prices are every bit as expensive per day as London/Paris. WOW.

I'm surprised they brought them back towards the middle of the price range, and not at the low end. I can't think that the demand will be what it was before the uprisings.

Sayhello

I know other tour operators are offering discounts for these trips. The tour operator we went with has still not resumed.

And to the PP who commented on price, I've done the London/Paris AbD and I've done a similiar Egypt one. Egypt has half that tour spent on a small boat cruise where the ratio of staff to guests is probably close to 1:1. Also, there are internal flights involved; London/Paris did not have that. I did not find the prices for goods/food/services to be any less expensive in Egypt than they are here at home.

I'm glad to see Egypt back on the touring map again.

I have heard from other tour operators the price for internal air is around $400 PP. Which is only slightly more than a first class ticket on Eurostar, which you get in London/Paris. However, I am sure you are right that the cruise is a big factor in driving up cost. But, hotels are less expensive in Egypt than Europe as a rule, so it still seems high to me. But, having said that, would love to go some day!

I have heard from other tour operators the price for internal air is around $400 PP. Which is only slightly more than a first class ticket on Eurostar, which you get in London/Paris. However, I am sure you are right that the cruise is a big factor in driving up cost. But, hotels are less expensive in Egypt than Europe as a rule, so it still seems high to me. But, having said that, would love to go some day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter