ABD cruise add-on and tipping

kgsmith

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have done one of the cruises with an ABD add-on, how are tips for the guides handled?

Specifically (1) Will they give us envelopes, or should I plan on bringing my own? and (2) when do we give the guides their tips?

We leave early Sunday morning for Vancouver, and we can't wait!:woohoo:

Thanks!

Well, I did the Med add-on, not Alaska, but I'm assuming things will be similar.

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't really remember if they gave us envelopes or not. I have to think they did, like they have on all the other ABD's I've been on. On our cruise, there was a farewell reception on the last (sea) day, and I gave the Guides their tips at that point. I noticed other people doing that, too.

Hope that helps. Wish my memory was better!

Sayhello

Thank you, Sayhello!

That does help a lot. We will have a reception on the last sea day.

We received envelopes and a sheet with suggested amounts in our stateroom a day or two before the last day. We gave our envelopes to the guides at the farewell reception. The tips for guides are given in cash. Be prepared to bring enough cash or plan to stop at an atm at a port.

We received envelopes and a sheet with suggested amounts in our stateroom a day or two before the last day. We gave our envelopes to the guides at the farewell reception. The tips for guides are given in cash. Be prepared to bring enough cash or plan to stop at an atm at a port.

Thanks for the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter