Abbreviations ?

Dillonmommy

Earning My Ears
Hi, New to the DIS. Browsing through all the great tips and sometimes I get stumped with some of the abbreviations. Can someone help me out with a list or where I can look at one?
Also, how do you post the countdown calender at the end of the post?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I know the feeling. It can be very frustrating at tiems to figure out what people are saying with all the abreviations. Humorously, the board that you posted this question on has a "sticky" with the information.

A "sticky" is a thread like this that the moderators of the board have permanately stuck to the top of a section. At the top of this section "Welcome to the Dis" you will find there are 8 threads (posts) that have the word "Sticky" in front of them. They will not move, they are stuck there. One of them has all the abreviations in it. The one called: "A List of Common Abreviations"

I recommend trying to find it, but I will also provide you with a link to it. Since when I first started here I would never have been able to find it based upon what I just described. I was too overwhelmed to figure out what people were saying to find things, so this link will also get you there.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743
you can bookmark the page once you get there so you can get back again easily. I personally keep forgetting where that page is when I want to use it. :sad2:

Welcome and have fun. Ask the questions you have, there are a lot of experts here about Disney.

The countdown ticker can be fun. :banana: It took me awhile before I attempted such a thing, but I do enjoy mine now that I have it.

Apparently there a few different places that have them. I got mine from MagicKingdon.com by clicking on someone elses countdown ticker that I liked. For example, if you click on my countdown ticker, it will take you to MagicKindom.com: http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/

Then you follow the directions there and put the link into your signature. You can get to your signature by going to the "Quick Links" pull down menue up above (in the dark blue strip) on the very top of ever page. If you have trouble during the process, just ask. We are a helpful group of people here :grouphug:

Browsing through all the great tips and sometimes I get stumped with some of the abbreviations
No kidding. I'm spending so much time trying to figure out what HDMR, SOAD, TI, etc. I think why can't we all just use the actual words. :D It's stressin' me out! haha

The ones that drive me nuts the most are the resturants. There are so many places to eat and there are even a few that are called different things by different people (for example the Playhouse Disney meal).

Then you also have places like Chefs Mikey. People will use the abreviation CM but that is also the abreviation for a Cast Member.

I am new to all of this Disney World stuff. The abreviations for places to eat are not helping me learn where I want to eat.:scared:

11.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter