Aaa?????

asa'smom

DIS Veteran
Is it worth becoming a member of AAA to get the discounts? If you get hotel discounts do you have to go thru AAA or can you get it when you make reservations yourself? Any and all pros and cons are welcome. Thanks

OK DH just lvoes the parking pass in WDW I also used it to make purchases in WDW and enjopyed the discount.

DH registered his car and received a nice discount here with it. ALso I do use it some of the local stores. If you click onto your areas AAA it will list retailers that honor the card too!

We love our AAA...we are members, but always make reservations for things ourselves.

Not sure about your state, but ours the membership is less than $50.00 and it does not take long for us to get that return on hotel stays or other discounts.

I don't know why everyone doesn't have it!! It's good all year long and you never know when you'll need it.
For what I saved on our hotel rooms in June paid for the membership for us for the entire year. ;) Plus we have our regular car insurance through them too and that gave us a big discount.

I don't know about disney hotels... but for other travel, you do not have to book through AAA, just show them the card when you get there to get about 10% off.

Payless offers 10% off as well, we use that one a lot.
Target.com offers something off.

I dont' remember the others, off the top of my head.

It is nice to have someone come change your tire, or jump start your car, ect... I had a flat tire awhile back, and even though I know how to change tires, I just called AAA instead. It's "free", so, why not have some gentleman come change it for me.

Wanted to add that my husband is FAMOUS for running out of gas :sad2: and he's tried to cover it up a few times with AAA. :lmao:

I do not belong to AAA but my 18 yr old son just joined for $15. He left today for a trip to Germany with his HS German club. Anyway it was recommended that the kids get a AAA debit visa card. So when he went to get it as a non-member there was a $9.95 charge. This was when they offered him the student AAA card for $15 and then the fee for the debit card was $4.95. From what I have read so far he gets the normal type discounts...road service, hotels.
This was sure news to me so thought I would pass it along in case others didn't know.

Terry

We aren't AAA members, but we always book our trips through them and get the same discounts as members. I really have no idea what the benefits of membership even are!

I think that AAA is most worth it if you look at the road benefits you get, and consider the discounts to be a bonus. I consider maps to be one of the BEST perks of it, b/c maps are relatively expensive!

Then once you join, you have to stay up with all the discounts you can get. For instance, if you click to Target.com through their site, you get 10% off. That's a nice benefit! A local-to-me coffee place, Tully's, also offers 10% off with the card.

Now, for our upcoming Disneyland travel, they weren't the best. Well, their package would have been less than what we're paying, but we have a character breakfast included that otherwise we might not have booked, and a $25 Disney giftcard that AAA wasn't offering. Of course, we had to pay a yearly fee to the big warehouse-style store to GET that package, but, just like with AAA, we see the membership as covering OTHER things, and the discounts elsewhere are a bonus.

My car insurance company offers road benefits for a fee, and when I told him that I have AAA, he was glad. He said that their road benefits are nothing compared to AAA, and he'd rather people have AAA than buy Allstate's road benefits.

So look at it THAT way, and see if that alone would be worth it to you.

Or get ahold of a full list of places that offer AAA discounts and see if you'd possibly utilize enough of them, if you perhaps have matching road benefits from your car manufacturer (for example) or elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!