AAA onboard credit and soda mug

WisconsinDisneyGirl

DIS Veteran
I booked through AAA and got $100 onboard credit and soda mugs.

#1) Where do you get the mugs? Do you have to take them to dinner with you if you want soda? I fear that I may loose them? Any suggestions......

#2) Is the onboard credit part of your deposit if you use cash or trav. checks? (I think you have to put down $500 deposit when checking in- can I only put $400 down since I have $100 credit)

Love you DISers! You guys know everything!

When you first board, you will see many people selling the mugs in the atrium. There are actually DCL mugs and AAA mugs. You have to find the AAA mugs and give them the coupons you will get in your documents. You do not need the mugs to get pop anywhere. They will put a sticker on your room key and you just show the card at the bars, etc. Pop is free at the restaurants anyway. So you don't have to haul the mugs around if you don't want to. As for the credit, you will receive note in your stateroom saying a credit will be applied to your account. You can't use it for your deposit. But it comes in handy for anything else you charge to your room key, souvenirs, photos, etc. It will be automatically deducted. If you have a nice AAA TA you will also get a "gift" delivered to your stateroom too!

You will pick up your soda mugs at any of the bars/lounges on the day of boarding. THey will take that page of your document book and give you a mug and sticker. You do not need to take the mugs into the dining room or anywhere else. Everyone gets free soda in the dining rooms. For free soda elsewhere, there will be a sticker on your KTTW card. You can either show them your card (and get a glass of soda) or hand them your mug and it will be filled.

On onboard credit is just that--a credit against any on board charges. It does not count as part of your deposit or any part of your payment for the cruise. It cannot be refunded in cash in the rare event that you don't spend more than that. It can be used toward any excursions you purchase thru DCL, any tips that you charge, any purchases in the photo shop, gift shop, alcoholic drinks in the bars, smoothies, etc.

You may want to bring a marker to put your name on the mug since there are many that look alike.

Also, don't forget about the discount on CC rentals - BUT you must reserve them ONBOARD ahead of time...it adds up even if all you plan on is snorkeling and floats

Don't worry about the sticker/mugs - there are plenty of people who need them and plenty of CMS as you board directing you

Have a great trip
Barb

If you have a nice AAA TA you will also get a "gift" delivered to your stateroom too!

We also received a cute cardboard DCL crate filled with snacks because we booked with AAA. But we were told that we received the gift because AAA had booked a certain number of rooms on that particular cruise. Our TA really had nothing to do with it- it was just a nice surprise. I remember reading on the boards that this also happens when other agencies book a required number of rooms (not sure how many).

Boy, AAA got 3 rooms out of us and no credit that I'm aware of, although we are getting the mugs--hope they book enough rooms for the "gift"!
Robin M.

Those with AAA should not get their hopes up too high for a gift...there was a thread several months back asking what gifts people received and the responses ran the range - but most AAA TAs left no gift in the cabin
Barb

We received a coupon good for four AAA mugs along with our documents. DH picked them (and stickers) up from the Promenade Lounge on our first day. No problems.

We did not receive a gift in our cabin.

Last time we booked with AAA we received the mugs, the crate of snacks and a photo album that the agent gave us when we picked up our docs. I believe the crate comes when you go on a AAA cruise. Otherwise it is up to the agents.

The first time we went with AAA our agent left a nice sand bucket with snacks in it, it was perfect for my DD.

We booked through AAA, and received no onboard credit. We did receive mugs a Disney tote bag and battery operated disney alarm clock. I think disney offers the specials like onboard ship credit in January, that is their Disney Vacation Month. I think February is Alaska, not sure, I threw out my mag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter