AAA Food Discounts

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by rlduvall, Jul 7, 2002.

1. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

May 7, 2002
    I keep hearing about AAA discounts for food at the parks. Is this true? Does anyone know which eating places give you a discount with it? Also, we want to eat at Mythos for lunch one day. Should I go ahead and make a reservation now or take my chances? If I make a PS reservation, when should I set it up? I would prefer not to make a reservation, so I have no time table to follow. With my Type A personality, this is very hard. lol We leave in 6 days for RPH. YEAH!!!!
  2. WebmasterBarry

WebmasterBarry DIS Veteran

Aug 20, 1999
    Here's the info from the AAA website...

This program allows members, when they show their AAA membership card prior to the sales transaction, a 10% discount on food and merchandise. AAA members also save $4.00 per pass at the gate on a 2-day pass and $5.00 per pass at the gate on a 3-day pass.
  3. PartyofSix

PartyofSix TripMomma + 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I used my AAA at Hard Rock Cafe and at Margaritaville in Citywalk. That also discounted the gifts I bought as well. At Mythos I used my AP to get a discount. At several counters we ate I used the AP rate those are the only two I used AAA card for. I have already paid for my AP with the discounts I rec. I loved it. That was our first of many trips to US/IOA. Have a great trip.
  4. crazyme5kids

crazyme5kids DIS Veteran

Feb 6, 2002
    I used mine at Lombards (I think that was it, the one in the area with the big hanging shark). Actually, I had completly forgotten about my card, the very nice waitress asked if I had one so that I could get a disacount! Very sweet of her.