A Yogi Drags Her Dude Back to Disney! Day 6 Finished!(4/22)

amandaluvsgoofy

DIS Veteran
We're back!! Welcome aboard!! It was a great time had by all and, needless to say, I'm already trying to figure out when we can go again! :laughing: There's a PTR that goes along with this, so feel free to check it out!PTR-Here!
Did you look? If not, it's ok, I totally understand. I fill you in on the important details.

First, how 'bout some introductions for the newcomers?
There's me: Amanda
080.jpg

(I promise there'll be better pictures of me in this TR). I recently became a certified yoga instructor, hence the picture. There are actually several pictures of me throughout our vacation of me performing my postures (asanas for my fellow yogis). I considered this vacation a reward for my intense training I finished prior to going. It really was super intense, 14 hours a day, 5 days a week for 8 weeks. AND I had to make up time on the weekends since we were out of town the last week of training, so sometimes it was 6 or even 7 days a week. Whew! So glad it's over!
Then there's my hubby: Johnny (commonly referred to as J because, well... I'm lazy)
IMG_6759.jpg

Johnny is really the sweetest, kindest, most tolerable man in the world! He had no idea the wonder of Disney until our last trip in 2009 (his 1st, my 4th). I officially got him hooked (good news for all those Disney-fans out there trying to get your S.O.'s hooked, it is possible!) and we would go more often if it wasn't so expensive! He's also the best daddy to our sweet little angel, Emma.
efeeding3.jpg

She's now almost 20 months (geez where does the time go?!) and we decided not to take her this time. Although we missed her like crazy, we (or I) decided one more trip as grown-ups might be fun since I missed out on so much last time, being pregnant and all. It was hard to see kids there having a great time, but we were also reminded how hard it was when kids were fussing, passed out, or just plain tired from the heat. I really hope to take Emma by the time she's five (if not soooner, hehe!).

Here are some links for our trip!
Day at MK!
Day at MK! continued
AK Day!
Finishing up Day 3
Day 4 Done!
Day 5!!
Day 6ish
Day 6 Done!

Aaannnnnyyyyywwwwaaaayyyy, on to our TR! We went August 6-11, stayed one night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the rest at the Wilderness Lodge.

After another full week and a busy day at yoga school, I hurried home to see Emma before her bedtime and to finish packing for our 8:20am flight Saturday morning! It was a bitter-sweet night since I was so excited to go, but also sad to leave Emma. :guilty: J and I promised to be each other's picker-uppers whenever the other was feeling down.

So Saturday morning came bright and early, 4:30am for me. I got to sleep around 11pm on Friday but tossed and turned from 2am on. Too excited to sleep!! J was soon up after me and we gathered ourselves and got the house, the dogs, and the pool siutated. We said bye to my mom, kissed Emma goodbye, and left the house around 6:30 am and got to the airport around 7, which isn’t bad at all since we had to stop by my dad’s so he could drive us (we left our car at his house for the week). We checked in and got our boarding passes and went through security within 30 minutes. Easy breezy, so why not stop for a Starbucks?! I got a call from dad shortly after and the first thing he said, “Timing is everything.” Turns out there was a horrible accident on the freeway we were just traveling down that was backed up for miles! I hope everyone involved was ok!

Our flight boarded with no trouble but we were then informed some equipment was down and needed repair. No worries cause I was able to read up on my “Secrets of Disney World” book while Johnny read up on something intellectual. :confused3 Within an hour we were back on schedule and up in the air! Did I mention Johnny’s parents managed to give us enough miles for first class? :woohoo: It was a nice perk let me tell ya! We even got a decent breakfast with free drinks! Johnny ordered a Bloody Mary while I settled for a Mimosa! Yummy!!
042.jpg

After we landed and went through all the DME travelling
043.jpg

Sorry for the crummy picture, the guy infront of me put his head in my way after I took this
044.jpg

We finally got to our room around 2:15. The word AWESOME doesn’t even begin to describe AKL! I loved everything about it! The environment was incredible, our room was amazing, the whole atmosphere was out of this world! Can you tell I really liked it?!
Entry into our room!
045.jpg

068.jpg

046.jpg

049.jpg

079.jpg

The place has mice, ah!!
048-1.jpg

I planned on us heading to DTD after we arrived for lunch and some shopping, although I had second thoughts and really wanted to stay around AKL. Johnny was really craving a pizza from WPE so we hopped on the bus and away we went! I know some people complain about having to take a bus everywhere from AKL, but the great thing is you don’t have to share a bus with anyone!

So we made it to DTD safe and sound and headed straight for WPE (after stopping for a picture op!). Don't ask, cause I have no idea what I was doing...
050-1.jpg

The menu looked different than last time and we were trying to remember what we had ordered. So I settled on a Chicken Cesar Salad with water and twist frozen yogurt with chocolate chip cookie pieces (which comes after the meal). J ordered a Meatball and Peppers Pizza with a coke and a cookie. Yes, we're started eating before I took a picture. I'd love to say it was the last time, but it wasn't.

053.jpg

052.jpg

051.jpg

057-1.jpg

The salad was pretty good, although whatever we had last time (some sort of vinaigrette dressing) was much better. As soon as the pizza was brought out the waitress told us something was wrong with how it was prepared and they were making us another one. I guess we didn’t really understand what the big deal was because we started eating the “bad” pizza. By the time we were almost done they brought out the “good” pizza and guess what? We were totally full! Looking back, I really wished they hadn’t brought out the bad pizza and just had us wait. They did pack up the good pizza and sent it with us, but what were we going to do with a whole pizza?! We asked some CMs if they could take it but they had to refuse. Unfortunately, we ended up leaving the pizza on top of a trash can and left with a not-so-great taste in our mouths of WPE. I wouldn’t mind trying it again, but I think J was turned off for a while. Oh well, there are plenty of other restaurants to try at Disney.

Continued on next post

Continued from previous post

So off we went to try and walk off some of our late lunch through DTD! I really wanted to find a napkin dispenser! You know, something for everyday use, something classy and not too Mickey-ish, but still with a touch of Disney. But there were no napkin dispensers anywhere.:sad2: Even in the Kitchen shop. Oh well. We kept walking on through DTD. Gotta love the displays infront of the Lego store!
059-1.jpg

061.jpg

060.jpg

I ended up buying a few Christmas ornaments, that has become a tradition for us (sorry no pics from the trip). We walked all the way to the West Side of DTD since we didn't make it that far last time. Lots of restaurants!

We made it to the other side and sat at the AKL bus stop and hopped on the first bus that approached. BIG mistake!! Word to the wise, be sure to look where the bus in actually headed and to be super safe, ask the driver. Did we get on the wrong bus? Yep, we sure did! :headache: We managed to tour the grounds of Coronado Springs (which is not a small resort, mind you). When the announcer came on to say “We’re headed to Downtown Disney”, J and I both quickly glanced at each other in shock! WHAT?!? :eek: One and a half hours later we finally made it back to AKL. So much for taking a quick snooze before dinner. I barely had time to touch up my make-up!

Our first table service meal was at the well-known BOMA!
081.jpg

Patiently waiting for our waiter, Victor.

062.jpg

As if he's saying, "You looking at me?"

063.jpg

The food here was amazing!! I was a little bummed that I wasn’t hungrier! :guilty: Next time, lite lunch before a buffet!!:idea:

I know Boma is hit or miss with people, but I really enjoyed it! Even if you aren’t crazy about sweet foods, there’s plenty to choose from. J & I both started with soup, hummus, pita, and a huge salad with their chili cilantro vinaigrette which was Fantastic!! I had the chicken curry soup, which was ok. J had the seafood soup (can't remember the name) and he loved it!

064.jpg

A salad was sounding and tasting good to me, so I got more on my 2nd plate which also included basmati rice with paneer, salmon, and some lentil salad.
066.jpg

Not crazy about the lentils, but the rice with paneer and salmon was to-die-for!! I am not a huge salmon fan (which you might not believe after reading this entire TR), but this was the. Best. Salmon. Ever! J went back for pork ribs, chicken, prime rib, and some sort of egg custard. He liked everything on his plate. I was still so full from lunch that I couldn’t even stomach samples from his plate (tried the chicken and egg dish which were ok). It was really hard to enjoy the meal because I was already so full. But I did manage to leave room for dessert!! For some reason I only have a picture of J's dessert plate and not mine. :confused3 I told J we both had to try the Zebra Domes! We also tried the caramel cheesecake, a peanut butter petite fore, chocolate moose dessert, and a little coffee dessert (so sorry I can’t remember the exact names of everything).
067.jpg

My favorites were the zebra domes (surprise) followed up with the caramel cheesecake. J really liked the zebra domes and the chocolate moose.

We finished up our day by walking around AKL. Had to stop off at Mara and purchase our resort mugs. Sadly, we had to head back to our room for the one and only time at AKL this trip. But we had an early and exciting day ahead of us at the Magic Kingdom.

Up next: Getting to the park for opening. Will it really happen? How does J like the surprise I have in store? And what about checking into the Villas at Wilderness Lodge?!

I'm in.:thumbsup2

We took Caitlin for the first time when she was 5 b/c for some reason we said we would go when she was five. Once we got there I wished we had taken her earlier. I would probably start her off around 3 if I had my way. Just saying..in case you wanted a reason to book another trip soon.

Hi fellow Texans! I'm here to read your TR! I didn't read your PTR but I will eventually! :upsidedow

So we made it to DTD safe and sound and headed straight for WPE (after stopping for a picture op!). Don't ask, cause I have no idea what I was doing...
050-1.jpg

I've decided you were pretending to hold a broom......yep......or pretending to row a boat......or something that totally made sense at the time! :lmao:

Great start! Can't wait to read more!

I'm not sure why I couldn't link up from the other link? Anyway, I'm here now and am loving your report so far. Sorry you guys had a not so nice lunch. Yuck.

I'm in.:thumbsup2

We took Caitlin for the first time when she was 5 b/c for some reason we said we would go when she was five. Once we got there I wished we had taken her earlier. I would probably start her off around 3 if I had my way. Just saying..in case you wanted a reason to book another trip soon.

:welcome: aboard!!

I so want to take Emma sooner than 5, in fact 3 would be perfect! :idea: If our finances work out I would LOVE to take her during the holidays next year! :cloud9:

Hi fellow Texans! I'm here to read your TR! I didn't read your PTR but I will eventually! :upsidedow

I've decided you were pretending to hold a broom......yep......or pretending to row a boat......or something that totally made sense at the time! :lmao:

Great start! Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: aboard! How's the weather been in your part of the state? :laughing: And no worries on the PTR, it gets pretty quiet at certain times with my hectic schedule.

And that sounds a bit right for my picture. :lmao:

Sign me up coach! Luving your TR. Keep it coming.

:welcome: aboard! Thanks so much!!

I'm not sure why I couldn't link up from the other link? Anyway, I'm here now and am loving your report so far. Sorry you guys had a not so nice lunch. Yuck.

:welcome: Hey there! I'm sorry, I don't know what was wrong. I think it's working now! :laughing:

Thanks! The lunch was ok, just not as good as it could have been. WPE is probably one of the best places to use QS meals to get the most for your buck, so I would not be offended to try again (just order different dishes, haha!)!

Thanks so much for reading along, everyone! I promise to post soon, just gotta upload more pictures (which can seem to take fffooorrreevvveeerrrr...)! ;)

I'm in! Great start already! I hope you loved the VWL, that is one of my favorite vacation club resorts. The boma buffet looked good, sorry WPE wasn't as good as last time. We still have never ate there. We also go to Earl of Sandwich when in DTD.

I'm in! Quick question: do you plan on opening a yoga studio or are you going to use your certification in another way? Just curious because I did yoga for a while when I was younger. The problem is, in our area, they offer yoga for ages 7-12 and then classes for 16 and up! I'm 14, so I'm kind of stuck in the middle right now. Sorry for rambling! Can't wait to hear more!!

I'm in! Great start already! I hope you loved the VWL, that is one of my favorite vacation club resorts. The boma buffet looked good, sorry WPE wasn't as good as last time. We still have never ate there. We also go to Earl of Sandwich when in DTD.

Hey Nancy!! :welcome:

The VWL were so beautiful! I really hope to stay there sometime during the holidays! I'm sure it's breathtaking! :cloud9:

That's so funny you mentioned EoS cause I thought about it right before we went into WPE. It's like my mind was telling me not to go there! :laughing:

I'm in! Quick question: do you plan on opening a yoga studio or are you going to use your certification in another way? Just curious because I did yoga for a while when I was younger. The problem is, in our area, they offer yoga for ages 7-12 and then classes for 16 and up! I'm 14, so I'm kind of stuck in the middle right now. Sorry for rambling! Can't wait to hear more!!

:welcome: aboard!

Opening a yoga studio would be great but I don't think I'll be in a position to do that for a long time. It takes lots of $$ to do that. ;) That stinks that you can't do yoga anywhere due to your age. Have you looked into gyms? I do hot yoga and we've actually had teenagers there. I hope you get to find something soon!

Thanks guys for reading along!!!

Welcome back! I think we are going to try WPE for the first time the day we get there. I hope it is as good as it looks. It looks like it is a good use of a CS credit.

I'm in, I'm in!
AKL looks great. One of these trips I'll have to try it out.

WPE is one of my favorites!! I love the BBQ chicken pizza!

Welcome back! I think we are going to try WPE for the first time the day we get there. I hope it is as good as it looks. It looks like it is a good use of a CS credit.

:welcome: and thanks!

WPE is really good, I think we just got a bad sampling. And if you're one the meal plan it really is a great value. Our meal alone would have cost $40!! :scared1:

I'm in, I'm in!
AKL looks great. One of these trips I'll have to try it out.

WPE is one of my favorites!! I love the BBQ chicken pizza!

:welcome: aboard!

Let me tell you, AKL took my breath away from the second we walked in the door! We hope to try different resorts each time we go back but I would not be offended to stay there again! :thumbsup2

Yummy! BBQ chicken pizza sounds good! I really wish we had tried something else instead of trying to recreate our first meal there. We'll hopefully get to try it again soon (hopefully sooner than later :lmao:).

Thanks again for reading everyone! I'm trying to upload more pictures so I can post another day!! :goodvibes

I'm here! :goodvibes Great start so far. Ugh, you made me want to stay at AKL. I'm trying to convince Kris that we can afford to stay there. Care to help me? :rolleyes1

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the zebra domes. Now, what the heck are they? :rotfl:

I'm here! :goodvibes Great start so far. Ugh, you made me want to stay at AKL. I'm trying to convince Kris that we can afford to stay there. Care to help me? :rolleyes1

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the zebra domes. Now, what the heck are they? :rotfl:

:welcome: Jenny!! Thanks!

Oh my gosh! AKL is sooooooo awesome! You should push that it's a treat for your 30th! ;):lmao: But hey, aren't you the one with the discount connections?! :listen:

Zebra Domes are little chocolatey balls, kinda-like-truffles, but with a liquor flavor of super yummyness! Some people don't like them cause maybe they don't care for the liquor taste, but I thought they were delicious! And Mara sells them as a snack. I was thisclose to buying them for our breakfast the next morning!!:laughing:

It's been so crazy around here with Johnny going back to work (and taking the laptop with him). Plus I've had to start my internship for yoga. That's right, I'm still not done. I actually get to teach several classes for free. At least I'll get some practice, eh? Hope everyone will stay with me until I post again! :worship:

:welcome: Jenny!! Thanks!

Oh my gosh! AKL is sooooooo awesome! You should push that it's a treat for your 30th! ;):lmao: But hey, aren't you the one with the discount connections?! :listen:

I get 40% off the room rate BUT Disney won't let me package it and add a meal plan to it. :sad2: So I end up paying the same price as everybody else unless they release some special deal for travel agents. They did that for my 2009 trip. I got 50% off room and tickets & added the dining plan. I was able to stay at Wilderness Lodge for less than a moderate! :woohoo: Fingers crossed for that again.

I get 40% off the room rate BUT Disney won't let me package it and add a meal plan to it. :sad2: So I end up paying the same price as everybody else unless they release some special deal for travel agents. They did that for my 2009 trip. I got 50% off room and tickets & added the dining plan. I was able to stay at Wilderness Lodge for less than a moderate! :woohoo: Fingers crossed for that again.

I hope you get the major discount! We did the route of renting points from a DVC member which is about the price of a moderate. So it works for us!! :thumbsup2

Hey folks!! I got some free time this morning so I wanted to continue with my Trip Report!!

After our over-eating day and a walk around AKL, we decided to call it a night. Not surprising, I was in bed and passed out by 10:30. Then, for some reason, I was up by 5am and could not go back to sleep. By 5:30 I decided to get up and get ready. J was comatose and not as excited to get going as I was :confused3. I got us packed up and decided to walk around AKL for a bit. I really wish we could’ve stayed here longer to enjoy it…oh well, there’s always next time!

It’s amazing how peaceful the resorts are in the mornings, especially at 6:15am!
073.jpg

I was disappointed to not see any zebras or giraffes, but I did run into some flamingos
074-1.jpg

and some cute little ducks who swarmed towards me
075-1.jpg

I’m guessing they thought I might’ve had some food. But there are tons of signs instructing people not to feed the animals.

AKL really is a beautiful resort. And despite what some people might think (me included before I went there), it does NOT smell like a zoo or animals at all! In fact you wouldn’t even know there were animals if it weren’t for the savannahs.
076-1.jpg

I managed to swing by Mara for some coffee and snacks for breakfast. We were due to have a brunch later than morning so I didn’t want to get anything that was too filling. I took the goodies back to the room and told J it was time to rise and shine!

Did I manage to take a picture of our snacks before we started eating? Nope. Ugh, you’d think I would’ve learned by now! Anyway, I got us some watermelon and a yummy croissant to split.
078.jpg

We finished our mini-breakfast, gathered our things, and said goodbye to AKL (or better yet, see you real soon!).

Onward to Magic Kingdom! Did we make it in time to see the opening show?
084-1.jpg

083-1.jpg

Yes!! Although it was a little hard to see and hear what was going on, we got the general idea. It was really cute!

Then the gates were officially opened and we saw the best sight ever!
085.jpg

I’m home!!

Of course there wasn’t too much time to ogle because there was a MAD dash through the park! We managed to get in the herd headed towards Space Mountain. The entry to Tomorrow Land was blocked, but by the time we got there the CMs were doing a countdown to open the area. NO running!! ;)

We got FPs for Space Mountain then immediately got in line. J had never been on it and the last time I rode was in 1994. It was fun and J described it as a “good start” for some of the bigger rides (he kept pestering me about EE and RnRc, two of which I had never been on!).

We still had time before our brunch, so we rode Haunted Manson (one for our favorites, although we walked straight through and didn’t venture through the cemetery…yet). We also got to ride BTMR and got FPs for it. By that time we headed out to catch the monorail to the Poly. LOVE this resort, too! I’ve never stayed here but hope to someday.

Our ressies were for Kona and I already had in mind what we were going to order… the Big Kahuna! And it really is a big as it sounds. Pancakes, French Toast, eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, and breakfast potatoes. Seriously!! We ordered coffee and decided to split the meal. Did I take a picture when the food came? No!!!! :guilty: I’m sorry, I will get better through the trip, I promise. I managed to get a picture as we were almost finished to show how we split it.
088.jpg

I couldn’t finish my portion, so J gladly finished the rest. He’s kind of a breakfast food nut if you didn’t know.
091.jpg

092.jpg

The meal was awesome, probably one of our favorites from the whole trip! Although I was tempted to get the Tonga Toast (which I had planned to do all along), I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it. Plus J is not real big on mushy-banana dishes. Maybe next trip I can at least go to Captain Cook's to sample the Tonga. Kona is definitely in the works for our next trip (whenever that will be, haha!).

The Kona Blend coffee was sooooo good! I figured we should get some to take home (I thought about ordering the straight up Kona coffee, but it’s a bit pricier).
090.jpg

We decided to walk around the Poly and pose for some pictures. How ‘bout posing with this guy? Doing a Standing Bow posture
093.jpg

Or J bowing down..
094.jpg

We walked over to the Grand Floridian (another place I llllooonnnngggg to stay at) then hoped on the monorail back to MK for J’s surprise.

We walked in the gates and I calmly headed over towards the Harmony Barbershop. As we walked in J looked at me and asked “Why are we going in here?” To which I said “Surprise, you’re getting your hair cut!” There were a few kids and another grown man older than J waiting to get their hair cut. He seemed to really enjoy and appreciate it! Honestly, it was a great deal! So if anyone is thinking of getting your DS’s or DH’s haircut there, you totally should!!
095.jpg

097.jpg

Notice the pixie dust?
099.jpg

Afterwards we had some time to kill, so we rode Pirates of the Caribbean (loved it as usual) and got FP’s for Splash Mountain (another one J has never rode and I haven’t been on since 1994). As we headed out we decided to watch Hall of Presidents. As two history teachers we LOVED this!!! I know some people may find it boring, but I thought it was great! The animatronics were incredible and I would definitely do this again.

By this time we decided we could head over to the Wilderness Lodge and check in. The boat was the most reasonable mode of transportation. How fitting for J.
101.jpg

And notice his pixie dust and sticker (for being a good boy) from the hair cut!
102.jpg

106.jpg

Oh and my souvenir purchase, a pair of Minnie Ears!
105.jpg

The boat ride over wasn’t too bad, kind of a teaser cause we stopped off at Fort Wilderness first, then we headed over to WL.
107.jpg

Coming up next:
Our check-in, does it go as planned? And dinner at one of my favorite resorts! MK had EMHE til 3am, do we even attempt to go back?

Hey everyone! School starts over here tomorrow so I wanted to finish our first day before things get super busy!

I left off telling you about our journey on the boat from MK to WL. We got off the boat and walked into the Wilderness Lodge and it was gorgeous! Very rustic and really makes you feel like you’re in a cabin in the mountains!

We walked through the lobby to check in. I chatted it up with the CM who was from Brooklyn and very nice. I was really hoping for the best room available (fingers crossed!). We hiked over to the Villas (I was a little bummed at first that the villas were not attached to the main building but soon got over it), took the elevator to the 2nd floor and walked aaaalllllllll the way down to our room (as far as you could possibly get from the elevator – bad sign, right?). I opened the door and my eyes gazed directly towards the window.

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It was the WORST room possible! A perfect view of the (FULL) dumpster. Sorry, no pictures, I was too upset. To be honest, I wonder why they built the hotel like this. I understand a parking lot view, but a view of a dumpster?
Anyway, I told J about how this room may not be the best and the horror stories about late-night trash pickup. He suggested I call and see if we could do something. Worse case, they say no. So I called to see if we could switch rooms….they did!!!

Our new room was much closer to the elevator and did NOT face the dumpsters :laughing: The view was much better.
108.jpg

109.jpg

111.jpg

113.jpg

Honestly, I was totally spoiled by our stay at AKL, but this was great! We discovered so many cozy corners of the hotel and really enjoyed our stay there!

We rested and hung out for a while. Then I started to get hungry but we still had 3 hours til dinner :scared1: We headed down to Roaring Forks and decided on French fries for a snack, which hit the spot!
114.jpg

After we walked around the hotel and sat in front the huge fire place in the lobby to kill some time. A huge rain storm actually came through (which was awesome!) and the place was even cozier! We left WL via boat towards the Magic Kingdom around 7 giving us 45 minutes to get the Grand Floridian. Plenty of time, right? We’ll see…
116.jpg

The boat had to make a stop at Fort Wilderness due to the rain storm and there were TONS of people waiting to head to MK! We made it there then thought the best way to get to the GF would be the monorail. Not so much… We didn’t check in to the restaurant until 7:53!!

129.jpg

1900 Park Fare was great!! The food was really good! I had salmon again (believe or not, I usually don’t order salmon anywhere except at sushi places!) along with several salads, chicken marsala, sushi, paella, and the strawberry soup.
122.jpg

126.jpg

124.jpg

128.jpg

The soup was ok, but it honestly tasted like melted strawberry ice cream. Of course I’m not really sure what strawberry soup is supposed to taste like. The desserts were yummy, too! J loved the bread pudding and I liked the little chocolate moose. Needless to say, we overate and I was totally full…again!

I have to mention the characters made the dinner!! I was so glad everyone was there (except the Fairy Godmother). Lady Tremaine was hilarious!! She made jokes about Cinderella that were awesome! I think the characters might have been a little more mischevious with us since we're grownups :lmao:
119.jpg

118.jpg

Both the step-sisters were too funny! I think we cracked jokes about how the prince wasn’t good enough for either one of them because he wasn’t rich enough and that’s what really matters in a marriage, right?
120.jpg

121.jpg

125.jpg

Cinderella was really sweet, so J put on his good behavior.
123.jpg

And Prince Charming was sooooo adorable with all the little princesses that were there. I observed him being so kind to all the little girls around (and you know they were getting butterflies in their tummies). He certainly did live up to his name!
127.jpg

After our full meal we decided to head back to MK and use up some of our FPs from earlier. We were still a little full, so we sat through Monsters Inc. (it was also still raining a little bit). J actually got up on the screen first and totally played the part (I think he was told to look surprised and got a "Good job!" :laughing:). I really love that show! We then headed over to Space Mountain and got to ride in the back of the car. Maybe it was being in the back, or riding in the dark, or both, but it was so much better this time around! Then we hiked back over to Frontier Land and rode BTMR again. Loved that in the dark, too! This whole time we were saving Splash Mountain for last so if we got too wet we could just head back to our room. Well, Splash was closed! And the CM had no clue when it would open again. What?! By this time it was 10:30 and I could tell J was winding down. We had had a busy, yet fun day! So we headed back to rest up for another (early!) day!

Up next: Will we make it to EMHM at AK? What will I think of EE? And how’s the weather gonna act?

You had a busy first full day! Sorry about the dumpster room :(. That is good they were able to switch you. Kona looked so good. We just changed our ADR that we had for Kona breakfast to Crystal Palace. I know one is a buffet and the other is just order off the menu but what did you think was better? 1900 Park Fare looked so good! We ate there for breakfast in February and loved the breakfast buffet! Can't wait to hear about AK next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter