A WONDERful way to celebrate Independence Day! - Disney Wonder July 1, 2013

I just sent you the link to our website, which has all the info you'll need for the FE. You'll just need to reply to me with your cabin number so I can add you officially :) (We kept it private since sometimes people are uncomfortable with publicly posting their cabin numbers and names of their kids online.) There should be info up there as well about the meet-up we have planned for the first day, too!

Where in Cali are you? Not surprisingly, there are lots of west-coasters on our cruise (we're all the way out near Philly).
I'm in Southern Cali, not too far from Disneyland! Glad to hear there are more Cali people! We'll be escaping the heat for a week!

Thanks for sending the info, I'll go look for it right now! It's been over a year since using these forums and I'm trying to reaquaint myself with it! LOL! I may be asking some silly questions!

:-) Lori

I'm in Southern Cali, not too far from Disneyland! Glad to hear there are more Cali people! We'll be escaping the heat for a week!

Thanks for sending the info, I'll go look for it right now! It's been over a year since using these forums and I'm trying to reaquaint myself with it! LOL! I may be asking some silly questions!

:-) Lori

As a fellow teacher, you should know that the only silly question is the one you don't ask! ;) I teach third grade here outside Philly and will gladly spend the next six months telling you how I have the best class ever this year. I taught middle school for five years, and the move to elementary wasn't my choice two years ago...but this little crew of 22 I have this year are changing everything.

We are headed to Disneyland for the first time this spring break after many WDW trips! I cannot wait to see the California parks. We're going with another couple (my best friend from college and his wife, who took our last DCL cruise with us in 2011, as well) and have lots of surprises planned - the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, dinner at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose, the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. (Who needs kids to have breakfast with Minnie? :) Any chance you have a Club 33 connection? :P

I don't have a Club 33 connection, unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a great class this year, too! They are so nice! It's so refreshing when that happens! I've had some rough ones, but this is the nicest in a long time! I'm glad you do, too :-)

Lori

Oh how cool!!! I'm glad that was asked!

Lori

2vub8u4scvsy1stj.png

Congrats on your decision! I'm a teacher, it's a great mom job! I just joined this board when we finally booked the cruise the other day! I noticed in your signature you have a 7 yr. old as well, my daughter is 7 (will be, by cruise time that is!) Happy New Year, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Lori

Lori (DW) Scott (DH) Violet (DD 7)

:cool1:

2vub8u4scvsy1stj.png

Just over an hour until 2013 here ! Hope you all have a wonderful New Years' :) I've suddenly got a lot more time on my hands, as I quit my job ! Last day was Christms Eve. there's method to my madness... I'm going back to uni to become a school teacher, so will stay at home while studying (tho' I have a fall-back casual job when I need extra $$). Plus I'll be at home for my eldest's 2 most important schooling years - uni entry here is based on work and exams in the last 2 years of school. Scary and exciting all in one !

In any case, can't wait until the cruise, and lookng forward to finally being able to devote *some* time to the DiS boards. Will catch up over the next week or so, with more posts to follow.

Cheers,
Sally :)

My son will be 7 cruise time, too. He's an only child. My husband is an elementary physical education teacher and my Mom is a high school teacher.

My son will be 7 cruise time, too. He's an only child. My husband is an elementary physical education teacher and my Mom is a high school teacher.
Awesome! Nice they're the same age! My daughter loves making friends :-)

Cool about them being teachers, too! My dad taught high school for 30-some years before retiring!

I agree, I think its a great idea. My kids will love it :cool1:

Has anybody thought about their planning before the cruise yet - thinking I need to start looking at hotels around the cruise terminal. We are thinking of heading to Seattle first & catching a couple of ball games (DS & DH are trying to catch a game at every ML stadium before he heads to college - luckily hes only 9....) then maybe a day or 2 in Vancouver to do Stanley Park etc.

Anyone got any bright ideas on hotels etc?

What excursions did you decide on? I'm thinking of going the kid friendly route, they have a 'family pack' of one excursion in every port that looks pretty cool. Makes it easy for me :worship:

Happy New Year to all my Dis friends - i honestly cannot wait for this cruise :banana:

We are going to Vancouver a couple of days ahead, the 29th, to enjoy a little bit before the cruise. I hear you! I can't wait either! Too exciting! As for excursions, we'll go for family friendly as well, they all look great, it will be hard to decide! Can't book them quite yet so we have a little while to figure it out!
pixiedust:
Lori

Just about 6 months left to go! WHOOHOO!!

I hope everyone's Christmas/Kawnzaa/Festivus was lovely. I got plenty of useful Alaska goodies...a North Face fleece from my parents, a Longchamp fold-up travel handbag from my brother and sister-in-law, and a new MacBook Pro from DH (and myself ;) ) for processing picture post-cruise. I hope Santa was just as good to everyone else!

Can I suggest a slightly crazy idea that I just saw today here on the DIS and thought sounded cute? How would everyone feel about organizing a PJ breakfast/brunch in the MDR one morning of our trip? Hopefully we could schedule it on Tracy Arm day or a sea day and work around people's Palo schedules. It would give us one other chance for a meetup in case people weren't able to make our meetup on the first day or didn't feel comfortable saying hello until they had a chance to see everyone else throughout the cruise. If the PJs thing is too goofy/not appropriate, or people think it will be tough to fit in, not a problem...just a cruise activity I hadn't heard of until just today!

I think the pajama party sounds fun!!!! Refresh my memory, as I've only been on the Wonder one other time, what does MDR stand for? :rotfl:

We need to get some warm clothing for Alaska badly!! We don't own the stuff since we live in So Cal and don't need much of it! I'm figuring on getting the layers that go underneath clothes, but will probably all need warmer jackets than we currently own, too! :eek:

Lori

I think the pajama party sounds fun!!!! Refresh my memory, as I've only been on the Wonder one other time, what does MDR stand for? :rotfl:

We need to get some warm clothing for Alaska badly!! We don't own the stuff since we live in So Cal and don't need much of it! I'm figuring on getting the layers that go underneath clothes, but will probably all need warmer jackets than we currently own, too! :eek:

Lori

MDR = Main Dining Room. Probably Triton's, although I think the restaurant with a sit-down breakfast may change day-to-day. I'll look more into this once everyone's excursion/spa/Palo booking window opens so we can figure out a day that works well for everyone.

Planning for the weather is tricky, even here in the frigid northeast :P I think my new North Face fleece will work nicely, especially with a rain shell to go over it. I'm trying to plan out clothing like I did on our trips to San Fran and wine country - layers, layers, layers, that can be easily put on or taken off.

Hi we will be joining you for this cruise - Lynne, Ivor, Emily who will be 12 at time of cruise and Jonathan 9 years. We,re from Scotland and this will be our 7th cruise , last one being Hawaii in October.

Can't wait - think the weather will be somewhat like Scotland by all accounts

Looking to sign up for fe as well -on last cruise we did a postcard exchange which was real fun and didn't take up much room in luggage. Got lots of at cards from different places.

If there's any help needed organising anything just give me a shout

Lynne

Hi we will be joining you for this cruise - Lynne, Ivor, Emily who will be 12 at time of cruise and Jonathan 9 years. We,re from Scotland and this will be our 7th cruise , last one being Hawaii in October.

Looking to sign up for fe as well -on last cruise we did a postcard exchange which was real fun and didn't take up much room in luggage. Got lots of at cards from different places.

Lynne

Welcome, Lynne and family! I'm sending you everything you need.

Feel free to help us silly Americans out with preparing for the weather! Right now all we know is wear layers and prepare for rain :)

OK West Coasters...I have to get excited about something here because I don't think I have any other pals who will understand why I'm excited!

I just finished planning out day-by-day my Disneyland plans for March on the phone with the other couple we're visiting with...and, since our trip is less than 90 days away, I made reservations for the four of us at the chef's counter at Napa Rose!

:cheer2::cheer2::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

Our pals will be semi-celebrating their first anniversary on our trip...so I noted that on the reservation but am not telling them :)

Would be happy to share all the other details if anyone cares ;) We have a LOT of fun stuff planned, as this will be all of our first visits to DLR after many, many collective trips to WDW. (Two of us grew up going to Florida constantly, one is from Florida...and one is my husband. He's kind of a late bloomer.)

Welcome Lynne!
I will definitely need help with knowing what to wear for the climate, as I'm a California girl, I'm clueless about the cold! I'm already planning for the FE! My daughter and I had so much fun on the last cruise being little elves :rotfl:
Lori

Lynne

Share away! I love everything Disneyland :lovestruc ! Oh! In Downtown disney be sure to go to the Vault store. It's my favorite! I think you'll like it, too!!! Napa Rose will be nice! Enjoy!!

Lori

OK West Coasters...I have to get excited about something here because I don't think I have any other pals who will understand why I'm excited!

I just finished planning out day-by-day my Disneyland plans for March on the phone with the other couple we're visiting with...and, since our trip is less than 90 days away, I made reservations for the four of us at the chef's counter at Napa Rose!

:cheer2::cheer2::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

Our pals will be semi-celebrating their first anniversary on our trip...so I noted that on the reservation but am not telling them :)

Would be happy to share all the other details if anyone cares ;) We have a LOT of fun stuff planned, as this will be all of our first visits to DLR after many, many collective trips to WDW. (Two of us grew up going to Florida constantly, one is from Florida...and one is my husband. He's kind of a late bloomer.)

Share away! I love everything Disneyland :lovestruc ! Oh! In Downtown disney be sure to go to the Vault store. It's my favorite! I think you'll like it, too!!! Napa Rose will be nice! Enjoy!!

Lori

Duly noted! Hopefully we will have some time on our arrival day to explore DTD...we might also go on departure day for an hour or two after leaving the parks.

I don't think the DTD in Disney World has that store - what makes it so unique? I confess that the World of Disney store in Florida sends me into hysterical fits of happiness....as does the Christmas store...as does the toy store...

The Vault has an edgier, hip type of Disneyana. Mostly female clothing and accessories but some interesting knock knacks as well. I have to admit that I'll occasionally run into the store to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter