A Whole New World 04/11/12

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
4th November

After another 5.45am wake-up call, I had finally had enough of our early-riser neighbours. We all woke up when they did and it meant that my kids were too tired by early evening to consider going back to a park. I had hoped to have a late night at one of the parks with Olivia, but it looked increasingly less likely.

I decided to head off to reception to see if anything could be done. I wish I had gone there earlier as I was immediately given a choice of rooms on the top floor. I opted for one in the Turtle Pond area. We couldn't check-in until later on, so we decided to hang around the resort and go swimming as we had an ADR at Hoop de Doo later that evening.

We went to DTD for lunch, had a wander around and opted for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. I wasn't too hungry, so opted for a salad wrap. When Kev brought over a what appeared to be a brick wrapped in paper, I felt sure there had been a mistake with my order. No, this was a two-hander. It was very nice but waaaay too much food.

The kids sought out the fountains and got soaked again.
DSC02805_zps53d8911e.jpg

DSC02804_zpsa7b13a87.jpg

We got on the bus and headed home - Olivia is behind the Tink balloon.

DSC02806_zps2491e2ed.jpg

The girls enjoyed an afternoon of swimming and then we went back to our new room to get ready for Hoop de Doo.

The new room proved to be a lot quieter than our previous room. My only criticism of the resort is that the walls are too thin! Our balcony was completely obscured by trees but it didn't matter as I was looking forward to sleeping past 6am.

Soon we were ready to go to Hoop de Doo.

Hoop de Doo

I had known that Dixonsontour would be at the same sitting as us, so I wore a very distinctive 'yee-ha' checked shirt and looked out for Stephanie lol. I also dressed the kids in denim dungarees lol. We were going to a hoe-down after all. We were seated at the back of the room, which meant that we were a little farther away from the action. The food was good cowboy fare - beans n ribs n cornbread. I ate a lot of cornbread. My veggie pasta dish took forever to come. It was so-so. I also had to ask for another drink three times. Our server seemed rushed off her feet.

The entertainment was great - super-cheesy and thigh-slapping all the way. The kids really enjoyed it and particularly appreciated the audience participation. I liked the dessert 'dance' ritual at the end but thought the actual dessert was a bit dull. I enjoyed a jar of sangria or two.

On the way back on the boat, I heard a voice behind me say my name. To my surprise Stephanie and her family were seated behind us. It was lovely to meet someone who had given me so much advice. Her daughter is such a beauty.:goodvibes

DSC02814_zps10350ee6.jpg

We went back to our new room and all got a good night's sleep and woke up at around 8am the next morning.:thumbsup2

Glad that you all enjoyed Hoop de Doo.

Also nice that you had an impromptu DIS meet :goodvibes

Glad that you all enjoyed Hoop de Doo.

Also nice that you had an impromptu DIS meet :goodvibes

We had also met orangetiggs briefly at the bus stop. I recognised her twin girls from her signature. There is also one more dismeet to report.:thumbsup2

Glad you were able to change rooms. We are early risers on holiday and my kids develop 'elephant feet' as soon as they enter a hotel room, so we always try for a ground floor room so as not to disturb anyone below us... But 5.45?!! Eek :crazy2:

Glad you were able to change rooms. We are early risers on holiday and my kids develop 'elephant feet' as soon as they enter a hotel room, so we always try for a ground floor room so as not to disturb anyone below us... But 5.45?!! Eek :crazy2:

I know - my kids are early risers too. I never have to get them out of bed and I'm pretty sure that they would be up and about by between 7 to 7.30 on holiday but 5.45 was just madness lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!