A Whole New World 03/11/12

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
3rd November

It was an early start for us today as we were off to Tusker House at Animal Kingdom for breakfast. I was a bit concerned because of Emilia's fur-phobia but kept my fingers crossed that all would be well.

Tusker House

We got to Animal Kingdom in plenty of time. I must say that this is my favourite park. I really loved the canopy of leaves all around and the detailed theming. We arrived at Tusker House and didn't have a long wait to be seated...which was a good job as Emilia started crying when she saw Donald at the entrance.

Once seated, Emilia continued to cower in a corner :( She could not be persuaded to interact with the characters. The character interaction was good but I felt that there wasn't a lot of space and the tables seemed to be very close to one another. The other two were happy to pose for photos and the autograph books were filling up nicely!

DSC02741_zpsc861b9d5.jpg

DSC02742_zps938a5fd1.jpg

DSC02744_zpsfd254891.jpg

The food was lovely. I started with a few savoury items, including 'biscuits' which are like plain scones. I really liked these. I also had a breakfast quiche and some breakfast potatoes - all delicious. After a short breather with coffee and juice, I went back for some sweet items. The danish pastries were amazing. I brought over a selection for everyone to try *ahem*. By the end of the meal, Emilia had started to take an interest in Daisy Duck and had given her a little wave. Small steps ;)

Animal Kingdom

First stop after breakfast was the Safari; we all really enjoyed this. You can easily forget that you are in the middle of a theme park!

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02786_zpsc84a36a1.jpg

Once we had finished, we had a wander along the trails, taking in the flora and fauna. Jessica spotted a girl with her face painted, so we went in search of the face painters.

DSC02794_zpsacafda16.jpg

DSC02796_zpsc57f57a5.jpg

She did a great job and Jess was delighted with the results.:thumbsup2

We decided that breakfast had probably had time to settle, so headed for some rides. Olivia and I absolutely loved Expedition Everest, we went on this several times. I braved the Kali River Rapids and got truly drenched. We also stumbled across Dinosaur, which I thought was great. It freaked Jessica out a bit though.

We found a great photographer called Kevin who was British and he took some fun shots of us.

Photo0122FourBySix_zpsb720c544.jpg

Photo0125FourBySix_zpsda3f21c9.jpg

Photo0127FourBySix_zps5f52cf43.jpg

Photo0152FourBySix_zps3601bec4.jpg

Photo0161FourBySix_zps20f105df.jpg

Photo0177FourBySix_zpsf27b0c8c.jpg

We found a shady table and had frozen lemonades, cokes and icecreams around lunchtime.

We went on a few more rides and then caught The Lion King show - Wow! This was great. Jessica was chosen to join the dancers at the end and she was thrilled. It was such a lively show and such an original approach.

Before too long it was time to head to Kidani Village for our ADR at Sanaa.

The bus was packed and it took quite a while to get there. I had underestimated the journey and we were around 15 minutes late for our ADR.

Sanaa

We didn't stand a chance of getting a wndow table as the restaurant was busy, although we were told that one would be available in around an hour. We were all hungry, so we decided not to bother.

Our server was great - attentive and informative without being intrusive. The food was excellent. We are curry-lovers and had expected the food to be a bit blander than what we are used to. Although it wasn't too hot, it was very tasty. I would recommend getting the selection of breads and dips as these were delicious.

After we had eaten, I remembered reading on the Dis about the night-vision goggles, so I took the children outside and we spent half an hour watching the fire-pit and the anilmals before heading home.

A really lovely day was had by all.:thumbsup2

Sounds great :) Sanaa is on our ADR list for May so cant wait to try it out! Jess's face painting looks brilliant!!

Really enjoying your trip report I love the photos in ak with Simba can't wait for more xx

Sounds great :) Sanaa is on our ADR list for May so cant wait to try it out! Jess's face painting looks brilliant!!

I thought it was a really good dining experience. Hope you enjoy it too.:goodvibes

Really enjoying your trip report I love the photos in ak with Simba can't wait for more xx

Thank you. I wouldn't have had a clue about magic shots without the Dis. AK is such a lovely park.

Sanaa was our family favourite at Animal Kingdom Lodges. Hoping to get an ADR for next summer too :goodvibes Shame you were not able to bag a window table.

Sanaa was our family favourite at Animal Kingdom Lodges. Hoping to get an ADR for next summer too :goodvibes Shame you were not able to bag a window table.

It was getting quite dark by the time we were seated, so I doubt we would have been able to see much.:confused3 I think I would opt for lunch next time.

Wonderful safari day we love a curry so hard to find on site Sanaa fits the bill glad you enjoyed it

I am liking the sound of Sanaa - what does the window view overlook?

I am liking the sound of Sanaa - what does the window view overlook?

The restaurant has a view of the animals outside the Animal Kingdom villas. It's a bit like a safari on your doorstep!

The restaurant has a view of the animals outside the Animal Kingdom villas. It's a bit like a safari on your doorstep!

Sounds fantastic - I really want to add this to the list for our August trip now. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter