A Whole New SOLO World: A July 2015 WDW TR - My 1st! (complete)

I KNOW right? I was so excited to see him! From what I have been told and what I have seen, he is usually in that little area in Fantasyland. So if you are going to see him it would likely be there!

Thanks! 23 days...woo hoo! So close! I just noticed you are staying at FQ...you will have to let me know allllll about it! I am staying there solo in December! :)

I will definitely be checking out the area to see if I catch a glimpse!

YES!! Very close - I'm so excited! I will definitely let you know about my FQ stay. I'm actually doing CSR for a couple nights and FQ for a couple nights! I've never tried either resort, so … exciting stuff!!

Love all of your updates - your sunset pics at DHS were beautiful!!

That Ferris wheel looks cool. Were you in it alone?

Loved the pic of you wil Uncle Sam, made me laugh!

Great pics of the frozen fireworks, loved the one with the white fireworks with the palm trees overhead!!!!

Thank you so much!! Yep I was alone on the Eye! It was so cool.

I will definitely be checking out the area to see if I catch a glimpse!

YES!! Very close - I'm so excited! I will definitely let you know about my FQ stay. I'm actually doing CSR for a couple nights and FQ for a couple nights! I've never tried either resort, so … exciting stuff!!

Love all of your updates - your sunset pics at DHS were beautiful!!

I want to hear about CSR too! You hear such mixed things from so many people about the resorts. It can be hard to tell until you experience them for yourself!

I'm doing one night at POP on my trip, 3 at FQ and 1 at Cabana Bay! First time at all of those places!!! :)

I SO WISH I COULD GO THIS FALL! It's kinda killing me. :sad:

Here is a slight addendum to Day 6...

After I left lunch at Yard House (I-Drive 360), I was walking back to the car and I saw this...

IMG_7054.JPG

Yes, I was so excited I took a picture of it. I had NO IDEA there were entire stores dedicated to the awesomeness that is Tervis. Why didn't anyone tell me this? Shame on y'all.

As I said back on Day 1 with the Dooney & Burke purse thing, I'm not a big shopper. But I have a serious love for all things Tervis. My cabinet is currently full with tons of Tervis tumblers. Love.

So I walk into this store that has wall to wall Tervis. So many options. All kinds of sports and team options, college and pro. Military branches. Random designs. Schools. Movies. Characters. Seriously all kinds of stuff.

I was so proud of myself. I only bought myself ONE! I bought one for each of my parents. (They are new grandparents to my adorable little nephew...so Mom got a "Nana" one and Dad got a "Papa" one. :) )

And I got this one!!!!

IMG_7138.JPG

So fun, right? Love.

And on top of all that, the guy working there was so nice. We got to talking and he was a CM at WDW for 4 years. So we had a great conversation about what it's like to work there and how much he loves living in Orlando!! That was an unexpected perk to walking in this store.

Just had to share that. I'm sure some of you ladies will appreciate this! :D

Great TR and looking forward to the rest! I'm so glad we were able to hang out, however briefly, last month. And after reading how the rest of your trip went, I know how you roll now and would have loved to join you for those times as well. If you definitely make the move I'll be sure to let you know when I plan to go out there next.

Yes, thank you for posting pics of One Man's Dream, as it's not likely I'll be able to see it if they do indeed close it. Hopefully it'll get moved instead?

By the way, I'm actually going to DLR on Monday and buying an annual pass! I decided with all the stress at home lately, I deserve to treat myself. Maybe one of these days you'll make it out here for a visit? :-)

Great TR and looking forward to the rest! I'm so glad we were able to hang out, however briefly, last month. And after reading how the rest of your trip went, I know how you roll now and would have loved to join you for those times as well. If you definitely make the move I'll be sure to let you know when I plan to go out there next.

Yes, thank you for posting pics of One Man's Dream, as it's not likely I'll be able to see it if they do indeed close it. Hopefully it'll get moved instead?

By the way, I'm actually going to DLR on Monday and buying an annual pass! I decided with all the stress at home lately, I deserve to treat myself. Maybe one of these days you'll make it out here for a visit? :-)

Thanks! Great to meet up with you for a bit too! I am hoping that OMD gets moved, but you just never know. Fun that you are getting a DL AP! I hope to one day...who knows! :)

I want to hear about CSR too! You hear such mixed things from so many people about the resorts. It can be hard to tell until you experience them for yourself!

I'm doing one night at POP on my trip, 3 at FQ and 1 at Cabana Bay! First time at all of those places!!! :)

I SO WISH I COULD GO THIS FALL! It's kinda killing me. :sad:

I will let you know!! How exciting… I love POP (and, even though I'm so excited about CSR and POFQ, I'm secretly a little sad that I'm not staying at POP and I'm worried I'm going to miss it!). I've never done Cabana Bay, either - usually at Universal, I do Hard Rock - but, Cabana Bay looks so fun!!!

Aww, man, that stinks that you can't make it this fall… I understand being disappointed!! Thankfully, when I finish my trip in September, I'll have January to look forward to. I am thinking of getting an AP in January, but I'm worried that I will be wanting to go ALL.THE.TIME… lol.

Love your Tervis!!

I will let you know!! How exciting… I love POP (and, even though I'm so excited about CSR and POFQ, I'm secretly a little sad that I'm not staying at POP and I'm worried I'm going to miss it!). I've never done Cabana Bay, either - usually at Universal, I do Hard Rock - but, Cabana Bay looks so fun!!!

Aww, man, that stinks that you can't make it this fall… I understand being disappointed!! Thankfully, when I finish my trip in September, I'll have January to look forward to. I am thinking of getting an AP in January, but I'm worried that I will be wanting to go ALL.THE.TIME… lol.

Love your Tervis!!

Oh gosh the AP has totally done that to me. I constantly think about going now. It's ridiculous! Even without the cost of tickets, I still have to figure out gas food and hotel money. And all of that really adds up fast when Disney is involved! It's so hard! Must live there.

Just read the whole thing!

Going on my first solo trip September 17th-18th - this has been very inspirational!

Thanks so much for reading it and for the compliment! :thumbsup2

I so wish I could go this fall. Perfect time to go! Hope your trip is awesome!

Just caught up on your trip report. Loving all your photos! I love your Monorail in Epcot photos!

The iPhone and Instagram do wonders for my photography as well. Selective cropping helps. I've also started using PicTapGo -- it's a free app, I think, or maybe it was $1.99. You might like it.

Just caught up on your trip report. Loving all your photos! I love your Monorail in Epcot photos!

The iPhone and Instagram do wonders for my photography as well. Selective cropping helps. I've also started using PicTapGo -- it's a free app, I think, or maybe it was $1.99. You might like it.

Thank you!! And thanks for telling me about that app...I will check it out! Always good to hear about new ones to try.

After I move there, I'm certain I will spend hours sitting at Epcot waiting for the monorail to pass. Quite certain. :)

Oh gosh the AP has totally done that to me. I constantly think about going now. It's ridiculous! Even without the cost of tickets, I still have to figure out gas food and hotel money. And all of that really adds up fast when Disney is involved! It's so hard! Must live there.

That's what I'm afraid of … lol. I know that I will feel the need to 'make it worth it'… lol.

That's what I'm afraid of … lol. I know that I will feel the need to 'make it worth it'… lol.

Between my July trip and my December trip, it will have already saved me money versus purchasing tickets. I have a Feb trip planned too so that will definitely make it even MORE worth it. And I might try to figure out a trip for the 24 hour event next year! That's a LOT, I know....but I want even more. SO GREEDY! Such an expensive thing to be obsessed with! :)

I'm really enjoying your trip report. I will be going on a solo in January and I can't wait. Looking forward to more.

Between my July trip and my December trip, it will have already saved me money versus purchasing tickets. I have a Feb trip planned too so that will definitely make it even MORE worth it. And I might try to figure out a trip for the 24 hour event next year! That's a LOT, I know....but I want even more. SO GREEDY! Such an expensive thing to be obsessed with! :)

I'm down for just 5 days (5 day PH tickets) in September. And, back in January for 9 days (7 day PH tickets). Since I purchased a 'package' for January, I figure I will decide then if I want to convert (since I have to buy tickets with the package) to an AP then… We'll see…. It may be too tempting if I do!! I'm going to have to find a partner to share trips with, if I do… lol. Only so many 'solo' trips I can justify - with being a responsible parent and all (both financially and b/c I can't pull the girls out of school / activities as much as I'd like to go) .. lol.

I have just found your trip report. It's great. This is a great way to build the excitement for my solo trip in late October. Thanks.

Wow! You sure packed a lot into your days. The Orlando Eye sounds like a must-do. I was sorry to hear about the missing wallet experience. My heart dropped; so what might have happened to me too. I was glad you found the little key before doing too much back-tracking. Great report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter