A Week of Om Nom Noms! - Sept. 2014 Dining Report (w/ F&W) - COMPLETED

Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Sunday, Sept. 28, 2014
Breakfast

I've been here for dinner many times, but this was my first time for breakfast! It was really good, I just wish I had taken photos of the hot bars, not just my plates.

20140928_110535-1.jpg

Plate 1 (Clockwide from top): Pastrami, Cheddar cheese, Bacon, Scramble Eggs w/ Goat Cheese, Sausage link, Ham, Turkey, Beef Bobotie.

The best thing on this plate was DEFINITELY those scrambled eggs. I'd never had goat cheese before, and it was just so creamy and complemented the eggs perfectly! YUM!!!

20140928_110201-1.jpg

Plate 2: Assorted Pastries. Top Row: Mini-Muffins (Banana Walnut, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip). Bottom: Apple Danish, Cinnamon Roll.

I only took a couple bites of each of these, except for the apple danish. It was super delicious! (But, to be fair, I'm a sucker for all apple pastries.) ;)

Cheshire Cafe
Magic Kingdom

Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014
Snack

Queen of Hearts Strawberry Shortcake Gourmet Cake Cup, and a vanilla iced coffee.

It was AMAZING! I love me some layer cake, so I knew this would be right up my alley! And it was... Until I got about 50% of the way through it. :lmao: I had been told it was much heavier and more massive that it seemed, but I didn't believe it until I could feel my stomach starting to revolt, and I still had another half to go. :eek: Eventually I admitted to defeat, and ended up throwing about the last third of it away... Which just felt so WRONG. :laughing:

Wow, thanks for sharing! I hadn't heard of this delight yet and it looks awesome! I will definitely have to check it out.

Wow, thanks for sharing! I hadn't heard of this delight yet and it looks awesome! I will definitely have to check it out.
Oh, it was sooooooooooooo good! Just make sure you have somebody to share with, or bring a small tupperware container to save the rest for later!! :lmao:

That chili dog looks awesome. I have never eaten a hot dog at Disney other than from a cart girl at the golf course. Looks like I need to try Casey's. I love me some chili dog.

A sad your report is coming to an end but what a great way to go out.

Your lobster roll at CHH looks delish. Lobster is the one food I developed an aversion to while pregnant and despite my daughter being 3 I still haven't been able to eat it yet. One of these days I'll just get over myself and take a big ol honking bite,

I have to admit I'm not in the BoG fan club, but your dinner looks great (especially the wine). Quick question, does the shrimp n scallops have mushrooms? These are the other food I won't eat.

Mmmm, it's 9am but I could so totally devour your hot dog right now. We love Casey's, one because it's my daughters name but 2 because of two little words, corndog nuggets. Try them sometime, oh so good.

Your Boma breakfast looks like a great last meal.

Thanks for letting us eat vicariously through you.

I loved following along! I'm kind of sad it's done :) BUT I did go back through and re-read it again. I can't wait for your next report!

A sad your report is coming to an end but what a great way to go out.
I know! I think maybe that's why delayed finished it... I didn't want it to be over!

Your lobster roll at CHH looks delish. Lobster is the one food I developed an aversion to while pregnant and despite my daughter being 3 I still haven't been able to eat it yet. One of these days I'll just get over myself and take a big ol honking bite.
It was pretty darn tasty! One of these days I'm going to get over to the Boardwalk Bakery, I've heard their lobster roll is divine!

I have to admit I'm not in the BoG fan club, but your dinner looks great (especially the wine). Quick question, does the shrimp n scallops have mushrooms? These are the other food I won't eat.
Yes! I love mushrooms, though. However, I would think you could order it with NO mushrooms, if you like. :thumbsup2

Mmmm, it's 9am but I could so totally devour your hot dog right now. We love Casey's, one because it's my daughters name but 2 because of two little words, corndog nuggets. Try them sometime, oh so good.
Oooh, I might have to, now that I've tucked into that chili dog! I do love me a good corn dog, and nugget-sized ones sound perfect!

Your Boma breakfast looks like a great last meal.
It really was. Some people go to MK to say goodbye. Me? I go to a Disney buffet. :lmao:

Thanks for letting us eat vicariously through you.
Thanks for following along!

I loved following along! I'm kind of sad it's done :) BUT I did go back through and re-read it again. I can't wait for your next report!
Aww, thanks! I need to be a good little DISer and go get caught up on yours and everybody else's now!

Thanks for taking the time to post !!!! It will help me narrow down our wish list.
My pleasure! Thanks for following along, I hope it helps make your next trip even more magical (and yummy)!

Be Our Guest
Magic Kingdom

Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014
Dinner

I was soooooo excited about this dinner reservation! I ended up rearranging my trip around the one day I was able to land it for, but I'm glad I did! I know a lot of people have been giving this place less-than-flattering reviews, but I LOVED it!

20140927_182807.jpg

Moscato.

My favorite white wine! I've been happy to see this growing in popularity and popping up on more restaurant wine lists!

Agreed!!! Moscato is my favorite wine too! I'll be going to Be Our Guest in January & I cannot wait!!

Agreed!!! Moscato is my favorite wine too! I'll be going to Be Our Guest in January & I cannot wait!!
Hi-five! I know a lot of people think Moscato is too sweet and therefore somehow "less refined".... Whatever the hell that means. :lmao:

I read a thing on the internetz recently that was supposed to tell you your personality type based on the wine you drink. And for Moscato, it was like "Hmm. You know, I kinda want wine, but I also want cupcakes, too." Which cracked me up, because I loooooooove cupcakes!! :thumbsup2

Random question, since you were on the dining plan when you got the cake for breakfast was included or did you have to pay OoP for it? Because if it was included I'll definitely be trying that :rolleyes1

Billie, I loved your trip report. Yummm! We'll be staying at Pop century this fall so I enjoyed seeing your pics from Everything Pop. Your solo trip looked so much fun!

Random question, since you were on the dining plan when you got the cake for breakfast was included or did you have to pay OoP for it? Because if it was included I'll definitely be trying that :rolleyes1
It's not supposed to be included. But my cashier did it anyhow. Hooray for Disney Magic! :D

Billie, I loved your trip report. Yummm! We'll be staying at Pop century this fall so I enjoyed seeing your pics from Everything Pop. Your solo trip looked so much fun!
It was the BEST. TRIP. EVER. And I think you'll really like Pop! It was GREAT! Love love loved the food court! Noms! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter