A Very Turkey Trip Report: 1/22/11 - 1/29/11 (Updated 1/17/12!)

I didn't realize there was an actual separate line for that! I just figured you got in the same queue and told them 1 when they asked how many in your party?

Heh, a thought for cheating the system...what if you had your whole party go through the single rider line? Would you all end up on the same car? :goodvibes

Nope. it's a separate line, they have it at Everest too, and I think RnRR. That's what DW and I did for our first rides. YOu can't cheat the system, because basicly, you fill the cars that have parties of 2 or 3 etc.

Nope. it's a separate line, they have it at Everest too, and I think RnRR. That's what DW and I did for our first rides. YOu can't cheat the system, because basicly, you fill the cars that have parties of 2 or 3 etc.

Ah, gotcha!

TL

Unless it was an actual tank driven by a fish. That would be cool. WHO CAN STOP THE ONSLAUGHT OF THE SHARK SHERMAN?!?!? Hey SyFy, there's your next horrible movie! If you call now, you could probably get William Katt or Susanna Hoff to star in it!
I think you may actually be on to something!

DD loved it. She was having a blast pointing out all the critters in the scenes, and was absolutely enthralled by the rainforest. By the time we got into the greenhouse, she was having a grand old time. DW and I smiled at each other. Finally, she understands. As we disembarked, DD excitedly exclaimed, "Again daddy, I wanna do it again!"
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

DW was not much of a fan of the King of Pop to begin with, so we gave that a pass and headed to the main event.
This may be the first time that anyone has ever referred to this ride as "the main event" since they did away with Dreamfinder. I love Figment though, so this is always a must do for me.

Yes. I'm an idiot.
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

:drinking1

I'm glad to see that Miss Snow White was able to get accustomed to the rides and Rafiki. It looks like she really started to enjoy some of the rides.:thumbsup2

i'm there in 19 days, since it seems like we are both pretty close in location, maybe i can grab you one, and we can meet somewhere in the middle and hand it off. or ship it to you, but handing it off could be cheaper. (i'm in Shawano county)
Back when Mark Chmura was getting in trouble, I laughed so hard when the ESPN reports kept calling it SHA-wa-no county. My wife and I now constantly refer to it as that. (I grew up near the Outagamie/Waupaca Country boarder. And I just put that in there to for all of the out of staters to try and figure out the pronunciation. :rotfl2:)

So, I will actually know what you are talking about most of the time? Awesome! :woohoo: Now, where is the bubbler? ;)
My wife was born in northwest WI, but spent a good part of her childhood in Arizona. It drives her crazy that I call it a bubbler, and even crazier that I'm teaching our kids that!

The word "Free" is like ringing the dinner bell for Swap Shop regulars. :lmao:

TL
I remember years back Da Yoopers (I'm pretty sure it was them, maybe not) had a bit about a Swap Shop type radio call in show where a local farmer calls in and tries to sell his "pig s**t, cow s**t, horse s**t. I got all kinds of s**t for sale":lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:

It took some coersion, but we finally were able to drag DD out of the Seas. After all, Daddy Turkey didn't come all this way to watch a giant fish tank all day. Unless it was an actual tank driven by a fish. That would be cool. WHO CAN STOP THE ONSLAUGHT OF THE SHARK SHERMAN?!?!? Hey SyFy, there's your next horrible movie! If you call now, you could probably get William Katt or Susanna Hoff to star in it!
Not only would I watch it, I'd probably buy the collectors edition BluRay. They just need a little goldfish with a big ego trip (and a cigar) to be the brains of the operation.
DD loved it. She was having a blast pointing out all the critters in the scenes, and was absolutely enthralled by the rainforest. By the time we got into the greenhouse, she was having a grand old time. DW and I smiled at each other. Finally, she understands. As we disembarked, DD excitedly exclaimed, "Again daddy, I wanna do it again!"
:thumbsup2 Nice Job! :thumbsup2

In any case, we came back through Innovations West building and ran face to face into Rafiki and his handler. "Uh oh," I thought, "this might be bad." You see, DD has this thing with large apes, specifically gorilla costumes (I know Rafiki is not a gorilla, but she's 3, she just knows he's a giant monkey). We think it all stems from a Spongebob episode where Spongebob and Patrick were attacked by a "real" guy in a gorilla suit. Freaked her out. Ever since then, she's been afeared of gorillas, both real and fake. And she's not really familiar with "Lion King", so I wasn't sure how she'd react.

rafihug.jpg

I'd say she reacted okay.

She grabbed the autograph book from me and ran up to him. No prompting at all. Rafiki dropped to one knee, she ran up, gave him a big hug, and handed him the book. Full disclosure here, joy swelled up in my DisDad heart, and I teared up a little. Heck, I'm getting a might choked up thinking about it now. "I'm sorry Rafiki, we have to keep going," said his CM handler. Rafiki waved goodbye, blew DD a kiss, and they were on there way. I'm not sure where they were headed, but it was a little moment of magic that happened just for us. No line, no one else around. Just us, Rafiki, and a little patented Disney pixie dust.
Did you know "Rafiki" means "friend" in Swahili? Just though I'd toss that out there. Disney Pixie Dust = awesome.

I stood there, cup in hand, staring at the Beverly dispenser. DW looked at me funny, "You're not gonna try that again? That one was AWFUL." (Of course, when we got there, she asked me, "Which one was the gross one from last time?" I was a nice guy and identified it for her). But surely, it can't be as bad as I remember, right?

Yes. I'm an idiot.
I do it every time I'm there. Why? Because I'm in Disney World. :woohoo:
I had just enough time to wash my pallette out with another 5 cups of Lychee Mellow
Yeah, I make sure it's not the last taste I have in my mouth, either.

Great update!

I'm glad to see that Miss Snow White was able to get accustomed to the rides and Rafiki. It looks like she really started to enjoy some of the rides.:thumbsup2

Yeah, she became quite the little ride-fiend by the end of the trip.

I remember years back Da Yoopers (I'm pretty sure it was them, maybe not) had a bit about a Swap Shop type radio call in show where a local farmer calls in and tries to sell his "pig s**t, cow s**t, horse s**t. I got all kinds of s**t for sale":lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:

"Yeah, I'm callin' for dat number of the guy with the garage for sale?"
"No sir, it was a garage sale."
"Yeah, da garage for sale."

Yeah, dat's Da Yoopers, that's one of DW's favorite bits of their's. And it's basically the types of calls I get in on a regular basis. :upsidedow

Great update!

Thanks!

TL

Just a quick FAQ about this Trip Report.

1. Did you forget about this Trip Report?

No, I did not forget about this trip report.

2. Then howcome no updates in two months?
I fell in with a bad crowd.

3. Seriously?
Well, kinda. I was cast in the local production of "Chicago", and that's been eating up most of my spare time.

4. "Chicago"? Like Peter Cetera? "If you leave me now you take away the biggest part of me, ooh ooh ooh"?
No, the broadway musical about jazz and murder and girls in their skimpy undergarments in the 20's. They made it into a movie? Ring any bells?

5. Die Hard?
No, not Die Hard! Chicago!

6. Wait, a Broadway musical? Like singing and dancing type stuff?
Yes.

7. And they cast YOU?
You shut your face.

8. So, back on topic, when can we expect another update?
Soonish. Maybe, hopefully this weekend. At the latest, first weekend in August, after the show's done.

9. ....
What?

10. You? In a musical?
This press conference is over.

TL

That could be the first time a DIS Dad has launched a pirate attack on his own TR. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Just a quick FAQ about this Trip Report.

1. Did you forget about this Trip Report?

No, I did not forget about this trip report.

2. Then howcome no updates in two months?
I fell in with a bad crowd.

3. Seriously?
Well, kinda. I was cast in the local production of "Chicago", and that's been eating up most of my spare time.

4. "Chicago"? Like Peter Cetera? "If you leave me now you take away the biggest part of me, ooh ooh ooh"?
No, the broadway musical about jazz and murder and girls in their skimpy undergarments in the 20's. They made it into a movie? Ring any bells?

5. Die Hard?
No, not Die Hard! Chicago!

6. Wait, a Broadway musical? Like singing and dancing type stuff?
Yes.

7. And they cast YOU?
You shut your face.

8. So, back on topic, when can we expect another update?
Soonish. Maybe, hopefully this weekend. At the latest, first weekend in August, after the show's done.

9. ....
What?

10. You? In a musical?
This press conference is over.

TL

But, I have a few questions!

1.Are you wearing the aforementioned skimpy undergarmets?

2. Will there be photos?

But, I have a few questions!

1.Are you wearing the aforementioned skimpy undergarmets?

Ah, no. In fact, I was telling my wife I felt like a perv, as I'm basically the only person in the entire cast that stays completely clothed the entire time (I'm Amos).

2. Will there be photos?

There are a couple of pictures on Facebook right now on the event's page. I'm not in any of them.

TL

Episode 5: I Can Show You the World...Showcase (Original Air Date: Sunday, January 23, 2011)

"Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen." -- Benjamin Disraeli

You're still here? After 8 months of no updates? Boy, are you desparate for entertainment or what?

When we last left our intrepid family, you'll recall (at least I hope you recall, it has been a while...you know what, you better go back and reread the first couple entries to catch back up. I'll wait.

Back? Good. Okay, on with the thing then.) that they were thwarted by Test Track. I was bummed, but I dealt with it and we moved on. On...to THE WORLD.

Earlier that day, on our way back from Princess Breakfast, we passed Duffy's photopass station. DW asked who Duffy was, so I explained. DD seemed interested in his story and wanted to meet him (forturnately she wasn't interested enough to want to get the doll itself), so we stopped back at the station on our way back through. Duffy was apparently getting his stuffing adjusted, as nobody was there. We were in no rush, so we started a line and waited.

superstarhw.jpg

Very patiently, like a good princess.

Not too long after that, Duffy and friend emerged. I'm glad we did wait, as DD was quite taken with him, and we got some good pics.

duffhug.jpg

ranaduff.jpg

After getting his autograph, we waved bye bye to Duffy and headed to Mexico. I wanted to check out the rennovated Rio Del Tiempo ride, but first....

snacktime.jpg

We has a ice cream!

Refreshed we headed deep into the temple, first stopping off at the Kidcot station to get our Duffy on a Stick and stamp. DD really loved stopping at all the stations to color in a bit more of the Bear and to get her stamp. But I'll tell you, some of those stations were almost impossible to find! In any case, DD got her bear and stamp and we moved into the market place.

sombreroq.jpg

Does this hat make my butt look big?

We walked right on to Rio Del Tiempo, or whatever they're calling it now, and were on our way. I like the technology they added to the ride, but it just seems far too busy now. Too much stuff going on. I get that it was too slow and boring before, but surely there's a happy medium? Soon we found Donald and departed our boat. Good thing too, because guess who was waiting for us outside?

donhug.jpg

Two Caballerros

After we left Mexico, we headed back to Norway to ride the Maelstrom. This one was the REAL real test, as it was a bit scarier than even the dinosaurs, but I needn't worry, as DD loved that ride too. She had become a ride fiend. Which was good, as I was then able to worry about how I was going to unwedge myself from the seats of the Nordic boat. I was kind of surprised this trip, as I'm a big guy, but the problems I had with fitting into the rides, wasn't my gut, it was my legs. I'm tall, but it's more due to torso than legs, so I couldn't figure out why I was having such issues. Oh well.

After Norway, I'm not entirely sure in what order we did things, as we did a lot of backtracking at this point, so I'm counting on the order of pictues on Photopass and my camera to plot it out. And so, according to my camera, we went to China next, in search of the next Kidcot Station and Mulan. Both were rather difficult to find.

mulane.jpg

But find them we did.

Next, Germany! Where we ran in to a friend from earlier...who could it be? Find out in our next installment...which will probably be in another 8 months....

Just kidding, it was Snow White! We hopped in line, because we wanted to get Snow to sign DD's autograph book (she only signed her poster before) and DW wanted to get a nice picture of the two of them standing next to each other in their dresses for the lady that made DD's dress for us.

lookupw.jpg

What could go wrong?

In retrospect, we should have gotten the pictures first, as Snow did the UNSPEAKABLE!!!! She kissed the autograph book and left a lipstick kiss in it! For some reason (probably because she was tired), DD did NOT like that, and let EVERYONE know.

nosnow.jpg

"No really, she likes you! See the dress?"

We appologized to the embarrassed princess and forged ahead. DD soon calmed down and continued getting her stamps and coloring her bear. Before long, we were arriving at America, and ran into some characters! DD was back in good form and we got some great shots!

ranagid.jpg

She was not swayed into a life of acting...this time.

ranachip.jpg

The end of a very elaborate dance number they performed just for DD.

mickbow.jpg

Even the Big Cheese knows his role.

ranamick.jpg

Cute OVERLOAD!

Huzzah for unmarked character meets!

Next Time on A Very Turkey Trip Report: More Princesses! A Prince! Weinerschnitzel!

TL

Good stuff. A much better read than mine....which can be found in my signature (possible update coming this weekend, but not likely)! :thumbsup2

Episode 5: I Can Show You the World...Showcase
You probably intended it that way, but yes, I did sing the opening line.

You're still here? After 8 months of no updates? Boy, are you desparate for entertainment or what?
It's Wisconsin in January. There ain't much else to do.

Earlier that day, on our way back from Princess Breakfast, we passed Duffy's photopass station. DW asked who Duffy was, so I explained.
"Some bear that Disney's marketing and merchandising department dreamed up and decided to force mercilessly on us until we finally crack and buy the dang thing."

I assume your explanation was similar to my default explanation, right?

We has a ice cream!
:thumbsup2

Cute!

Next, Germany! Where we ran in to a friend from earlier...who could it be? Find out in our next installment...which will probably be in another 8 months....
Booooooooo

Just kidding, it was Snow White!
Yaaaaaaaaa!

In retrospect, we should have gotten the pictures first, as Snow did the UNSPEAKABLE!!!! She kissed the autograph book and left a lipstick kiss in it! For some reason (probably because she was tired), DD did NOT like that, and let EVERYONE know.
OH NO!
Well, what do you expect from a girl who lives in the woods with 7 dudes?:sad2:

Cool! Where is this? Off to the side of the American Adventure building?

"Some bear that Disney's marketing and merchandising department dreamed up and decided to force mercilessly on us until we finally crack and buy the dang thing."

I assume your explanation was similar to my default explanation, right?

Something like that.

Cool! Where is this? Off to the side of the American Adventure building?

There's a little road that separates Italy and America that heads backstage. There was like a half dozen characters there with little to no line. Epcot's mini Characterpalooza.

TL

It was either this, or posting random, pointless ramblings in the DIS Dad thread.

Duffy was apparently getting his stuffing adjusted, as nobody was there. We were in no rush, so we started a line and waited.

They couldn't bring out Duff Man to entertain the kids while you waited? :confused3

Does this hat make my butt look big?[/CENTER]

I'm not answering that.

:eek:

Just kidding, it was Snow White! We hopped in line, because we wanted to get Snow to sign DD's autograph book (she only signed her poster before) and DW wanted to get a nice picture of the two of them standing next to each other in their dresses for the lady that made DD's dress for us.

Nice! :thumbsup2

Whoops. Spoke too soon.

Next Time on A Very Turkey Trip Report: More Princesses!

Meh.

A Prince!

Meh.

Weinerschnitzel!

Well, why didn't you say so?! :woohoo:

DW asked who Duffy was, so I explained. DD seemed interested in his story and wanted to meet him (forturnately she wasn't interested enough to want to get the doll itself), so we stopped back at the station on our way back through.
Funny... I explaind Duffy to my DW and she immediately wanted to boycott him. I'm not sure but she might have been waving at him with one finger every time we walked by. :lmao::rotfl2:

Not too long after that, Duffy and friend emerged. I'm glad we did wait, as DD was quite taken with him, and we got some good pics.
:thumbsup2

We has a ice cream!
It's always time for ice cream!!!

Too much stuff going on. I get that it was too slow and boring before, but surely there's a happy medium?
They still haven't added videos to the MK version. :confused3

Soon we found Donald and departed our boat. Good thing too, because guess who was waiting for us outside?
Wow!:eek: He's fast!

Poor DD... and poor Snow White. Too bad they didn't get to pose for their picture together.

Great pictures!:thumbsup2 Looks like she was having a blast.

WOW, the dust is thick, but I have my trusty swiffer with me!

I found the Kidcot stations hard to find as well, it got to the point that we no longer looked for them, we just asked right away!

That is so funny, that Snow White set of your little one like that! Who could have known!:confused3 Poor baby, hopefully you got a photo later!

Nice M&G's ! I have to keep that serect place in nmy brain!
See ya in 8 months!

They couldn't bring out Duff Man to entertain the kids while you waited? :confused3

DUFFMAN HAS AN OUTSTANDING RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM FROM THE WALT DISNEY CORPORATION, OH YEAH!

Funny... I explaind Duffy to my DW and she immediately wanted to boycott him. I'm not sure but she might have been waving at him with one finger every time we walked by. :lmao::rotfl2:

It's funny, when they introduced him back in Epcot, they said how big he was over in Japan, but we had been in Japan not 3-4 years prior to that, and I don't recall seeing any sign of Duffy. Lots of Marie stuff, which surprised me, but no Duffy.

That is so funny, that Snow White set of your little one like that! Who could have known!:confused3 Poor baby, hopefully you got a photo later!

Nice M&G's ! I have to keep that serect place in nmy brain!
See ya in 8 months!

We tried getting pictures later with Snow White, but DD held a grudge the rest of the trip. :confused3

I'm hoping to at least finish off Epcot before I go missing again... :rotfl:

TL

Episode 6: The American Adventure - A Nap!

"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." -- Stephen Wright

Wow! Another entry within a week? Yeah, I wouldn't get used to it if I were you.

Annnnnyway, when we last left the Turkey Family, we had found a group of characters, just waiting to entertain our little princess. After a great interaction, DD was ready for more characters, so off we went in search of MORE MORE MORE!

Our search brought us to Morocco where Aladdin and Jasmine were rumored to be. But first, nature called, and we began a search of a different kind. (In case you were unaware, the restrooms in Morocco are way in the back.) While on the search for the rooms of rest, I was struck over how much I felt like I was in an Indiana Jones movie. They did a heck of a job recreating the streets of Morocco. Task accomplished, we headed back up front. We reached the fountain, when we were approached by a Photopass photographer who asked us if he coult take a picture of DD. DD, a little shy of the strange man, agreed.

passlh.jpg

"Give me...bewildered. Great!"

I have a feeling it was for the Castle in Magic Kingdom. Do they take pictures from other parks and put them on the castle for the Memories show? I wish there was someway to find out which pictures were on the castle on any given night.

But I digress. Mini-photoshoot over, we got in line for Al and Jaz, who were set to appear at any moment.

ranasit.jpg

She was awesome at waiting.

Al and Jaz finally showed up, and while we Wisconsinites thought the 50 degree weather was absolutely balmy, apparantly it was a bit chilly for the couple from the desert.

aljazrana.jpg

I never knew that Aladdin was Norville "Shaggy" Roger's twin brother!

When it was her turn, DD brought the autograph book and the princess poster to the couple for autographs. But would not stand by them for a picture. Her shyness once again took over, and she wouldn't go near Aladdin. She would let Jasmine approach her, but no amount of cajoling, promises, or sticker bribes would let Aladdin near.

runfromal.jpg

As seen here.

We didn't press the issue, and since we had 6pm ADRs for dinner that were nearing, we decided to move on to see if we could catch a few more characters in France before we checked in. We did find a few.

ranamarie.jpg

"Aristocats"? Reminds me of a joke. No, I can't tell it here.

ranabell2.jpg

Dang, but she takes good pictures with Belle, doesn't she?

No Beast or Sleeping Beauty though. DW was sad about the latter. Belle actually spent a lot of time talking to DD even though there was a bit of a line. A side note on the whole calling kids Princess and Prince. It's kinda corny, and I know they do that for every kid, but seeing your child's face light up when one of them do that, there's something magical in that. At that moment, they really are Princesses and Princes. I'm grinning like an idiot just thinking about it now.

Our time with Belle was at an end, as she had other guests to greet and we had to get back to Germany for our ADRs. BIERGARTEN, BABY!

I have to admit, I made the ressies there simply because I had a hankering for some spaetzle. Also beer. Also also, DD loves polka music. We had never been before, so I thought we'd give it a shot. We sat next to a nice family from Virginia. The dad had ordered the beer flight, but couldn't finish it, so he offered it to me. Well, no Wisconsinite worth anything would turn down a free beer. It was quite tasty. The food was good, but overall had a saurkrauty taste I was't too keen on (I'm not a complete Wisconsin stereotype after all). DD liked the music.

dancingu.jpg

Shaking her groove thing.

DW and I both agreed that we would come back to Biergarten, but probably not until we try a few other Epcot restaurants first. Dinner complete, we set about seeing the rest of the World Showcase.

We decided to take in the show at the American Adventure. It did what Ellen Degeneres couldn't, put DD to sleep. So, after Mark Twain and Benjamin Franklin enlightened us as to why the USA was so AWESOME, and waking up DD from her very late nap, we set about finishing up the Kidcot stations.

parisg.jpg

And also getting a really nice family photo.

DD was still a bit sleepy after her nap, so it was basically stamp and move on. And let me tell you, we searched all over Canada for that Kidcot station. The real Canada was less explored than when we left that pavilion. But we did find it (and it's very bored looking CMs), challenge complete!

All that was left was to find a nice place for Illuminations, which we did. And it was awesome.

fireworkx.jpg

Ooooh! Aaaaah! Ohhhhh!

After Illuminations, we headed for the front of the park, where we hit up the restrooms again, and I drooled over the prints and statues in The Art of Disney shop, while we let the rush for the buses die down.

When we got to the bus, there was a bit of a crowd still, and a bit of a wait, but we were able to get on and we were on our standing room only way home, DD asleep in my arms dreaming of what awaited her next.

Next Time on a Very Turkey Trip Report: What Awaited Her Next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter