A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterPete, Apr 28, 2008.

1. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

Amazing how many people Bob touched through the podcast, me included. I'm a newbie but instantly loved his personality and kindness that was evident through the podcast.

RIP Bob, and condolences to his family.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. princessesrule4

princessesrule4 <font color=darkorchid>Nope, it's your imagination

Thoughts and prayers for his family and his friends, especially the Podcast team.:grouphug:

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

{{hugs}} to his family. I'm not a podcast junky but from what I have seen he was a great guy and a real loss to the DIS.

5. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

What a tragic, sad loss. My heart goes out to the Varley family and the entire Podcast Crew. I was fortunate enough to meet Bob at the Dec. 6 meet (something I will now truly treasure) and was looking forward to seeing him this coming Sunday at the live broadcast. He was a wonderful, unique person with an endearing personality. He loved so many of things my husband and I love; space, Animal Kingdom....just a love of so many different thngs. My husband and I could completely relate to his facination of 'Interventions', even the new trash disposal section. He will be sorely missed; please let's keep his memory alive.

6. Barb

Barb A DIS Original!

Oh no! I am shocked. Bob and Diana were my DU agents when I first started using Dreams. I had the pleasure of meeting them both. I am so sorry and send my deepest condolences to the family.

7. djlexus

djlexus Pi DJ Why no mini doughnuts in the parks only at T

I'll always remember seeing "kaht kam" at the parks what an awesome fun guy! He will truly be missed.

8. disneydad78

disneydad78 <font color=red>DDC #106<br><font color=purple>Mor

I so sorry, my prayers are sent out to the family and podcasters.:hug: :grouphug: :sad1:

9. pinkerbell

pinkerbell FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

10. AnnB

AnnB Earning My Ears

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and close friends. Listening to Bob each week was an enormous pleasure. He was clearly an incredibly special person and will be greatly missed.

11. disneymom8589

disneymom8589 I am his Disney

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Bob. I feel very sad even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. Just listening to him every week was a joy and pleasure. My condolescences and prayers are with his family and Podcast family. :grouphug:

12. CAJUNWDWFAN

CAJUNWDWFAN Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

I would like to add my condolences to all the friends and family of Bob. I've been listening to the podcast since the beginning and he will definetly be missed.

:grouphug:

13. rtobe

rtobe Chocolate, it's not just for breakfast anymore

Condolences to the Varley family, the Podcast crew and all of Bob's many friends. This is such sad news. He will be missed.

14. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

I am a new fan to the podcasts and have downloaded huge chunks of them, just totally enjoying the cast's different personalities and what they bring to the show. I loved Bob, on the show he came across as such a beautiful soul, which I am sure that he was.
    My prayers go out to Bob's family and the podcast team on this sad, sad day.

15. Willow1213

Willow1213 DIS Veteran

My condolences to Bob's family and friends at the DIS Unplugged Podcast. A sad day for the DIS family

16. concept5123

concept5123 Mouseketeer

i never meet him but i honestly thought of him as a friend.... i love all you guys and my thoughts go out to everyone affected by this.
    BOB YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and when im at dis in sep this dole whip is for you!

17. choirboy501

choirboy501 Yankee Racers - Founder

So sorry to hear of Bob's passing.

18. miss missy

miss missy Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!

Oh no!! NO NO NO!!! I am so sad right now! This is not fair! I am just reading this at Tues 1am at work... I really can't believe this is happening! I am in shock!! I haven't read any further than than Pete's post, I jumped right to reply, to say I am so sorry for all of you, as his close friends :( the team and Bob's family are all in our prayers :grouphug:

It is a very sad sad day indeed!

19. miss missy

miss missy Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!

:grouphug: to you Regina. You know, you made me feel better by saying "I'm comforted knowing that through the DIS he will live on." It is sooo true. Right now I am listneing to last summers podcasts... hearing his voice helps. :sad1: :sad1:

20. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

Like so many people, I only had the honor of knowing Bob through the podcast. However, it was clearly evident that he was a great man--noble, caring and kind. He has enriched all of our lives. I, for one, am thankful for that priviledge. Diane, Brian, Pete and the rest of the Podcast & Dreams Unlimited Crew I am so sorry for your loss.

21. peanut1967

peanut1967 DIS Veteran

Just read this...so sad...so sorry.
    I was on catch up and am listening to last weeks podcast as I type and hes still here.....
    Angie