A Very Important Dining Plan Question (important is relevant)

FlyersStink

Earning My Ears
Hey,

I've done DD enough to know this, but I wanted to double check.

Normally, my fam (wife, myself, and daughter (4)) does Deluxe Dining. Obviously, its WAYWAYWAY too much food. We end up giving meals away on the last day, playing Santa in July.

This year, we are thinking of doing Standard dining and paying extra for anything we want. We never do sit-down at lunch, so really the extra meals are just that: extra.

Now that my daughter is four (and three last year), I believe that she is included on our dining plan. I know that she, when using her meals, is supposed to order from the kids menu, but I usually just pay hers out of pocket, since burning a meal on a kid who eats for 10 is ridiculous to me.

Questions:

1) To clarify: Is my four year old going to be getting meals when be buy the plan? I think yes

2) Do the waiters/restaurants see a difference in the meals available on our card (kid vs adult)?

I ask this because we would pay hers out of pocket and bank the table-service meals that are allotted to her. That way, if we want to eat at, say, Cali Grill, we could use her banked meals to use the dining plan for ourselves (2 sit downs for that place).

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

Hey,

I've done DD enough to know this, but I wanted to double check.

Normally, my fam (wife, myself, and daughter (4)) does Deluxe Dining. Obviously, its WAYWAYWAY too much food. We end up giving meals away on the last day, playing Santa in July.

This year, we are thinking of doing Standard dining and paying extra for anything we want. We never do sit-down at lunch, so really the extra meals are just that: extra.

Now that my daughter is four (and three last year), I believe that she is included on our dining plan. I know that she, when using her meals, is supposed to order from the kids menu, but I usually just pay hers out of pocket, since burning a meal on a kid who eats for 10 is ridiculous to me.

Questions:

1) To clarify: Is my four year old going to be getting meals when be buy the plan? I think yes

2) Do the waiters/restaurants see a difference in the meals available on our card (kid vs adult)?

I ask this because we would pay hers out of pocket and bank the table-service meals that are allotted to her. That way, if we want to eat at, say, Cali Grill, we could use her banked meals to use the dining plan for ourselves (2 sit downs for that place).

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

1. Yes, she will be on the plan.
2. For table service if your card says your have 2 adults and 1 kid, you get 2 adult meals and 1 kids meal. So to go to Cali Grill you would need 4 adult credits available. The kids plan is only like $17 a day so Disney is not going to let you order a $50 meal with a kids credit if that makes sense.

Though with CS credits, it is just in ordering. So if you just order 2 adult meals at a time, you can use the all for adult meals but you could not order 3 adult meals at one time.

Hope that makes sense.

Hey,
Questions:

Am I making sense?

Thanks!

1) Yes, she would have meal credits.

2) Yes, the CM will see that there are two adults and 1 child on the plan as the meal credits are specified as to whether they are child or adult and how many credits there are. With that said, you cannot save a child's TS credits and use them later on an adult meal. On the dining plan, your daughter would have to order off the child's menu unless, as a pp said, you upgrade her age to 10, which would give her the adult DDP. By doing this, you would pay the adult price for the DDP as well as the adult price for park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter