A Very British Trip Report - May 2009 - Day 5

What a great day...the rain certainly worked in your favour during the evening!

Another great day and some more fantastic pictures Kev, I especially like the morning ones of the Swan, it looks so peaceful and quiet so early.

The rain certainly worked in your favour in end, anything that gets rid of the crowd is a good thing! :)

No Karen, Grandma and Susan's room was directly above the store, and we looked down on the Big River Grill and Brewing Works. The only down side of our spot was that we looked directly out on to the Boardwalk games. They tend to obstruct the view out across the lagoon a bit.

Kev

Fantastic location though. Could you hear the games from your balcony? I fear the incessant dinging could get old quite quickly ;)

Fantastic location though. Could you hear the games from your balcony? I fear the incessant dinging could get old quite quickly ;)

Yes we could Karen. We looked directly out onto the Hoop Toss thing. I guess that was the one bad thing about our location, the games blocked the view of the lagoon a little and you could hear the games going on. The loudest thing was the game where you shoot water through a hole. Whenever somebody wins a bell sounds.
It wasn't that bad though and the games only start around 4.00pm and are finished by 11.00pm.

Kev

Yes we could Karen. We looked directly out onto the Hoop Toss thing. I guess that was the one bad thing about our location, the games blocked the view of the lagoon a little and you could hear the games going on. The loudest thing was the game where you shoot water through a hole. Whenever somebody wins a bell sounds.
It wasn't that bad though and the games only start around 4.00pm and are finished by 11.00pm.

Kev

Ah well, 11's not too bad. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

So glad someone else knows Blige Me!:rotfl:Great day.

Sounds like a perfect day :cloud9: The one's that end up not going to plan always seem to be the best.

Great photos - especially the one of you all (minus Tam) watching Spectro. :)

A great day byt the sounds of it.
My favourite shot is the one of the reflection of the castle in the lake below. I have never seen a shot like this before but next time I go I will be trying to find that spot to recreate what you have captured.

No foot journey should be considered too long in the pursuit of beer, even if it is raining. Good work Kev.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter