A vegetarian and Pescetarian do WDW dining-updated 2/15-1900 Park Fare

I'm confused about zebra domes, honestly. The All Ears recipe lists gelatin, but it wasn't mentioned as a warning in the Vegetarian guidebook that I recall. Ergo, I thought it might be just one of things that comes up when making them at home. IDK. :confused3 :confused3

Just ate at Boma last night--great place for veggies to fuel for a race, btw!--and asked the server about the zebra domes. She confirmed they had gelatin in them. :sad: I consoled myself with the bread pudding with vanilla sauce, though!

Keep those reviews coming--I'm afraid that I don't have much to add at this point. My whole trip has been Goofy focused. One more day/one more race to go!

Just ate at Boma last night--great place for veggies to fuel for a race, btw!--and asked the server about the zebra domes. She confirmed they had gelatin in them. :sad: I consoled myself with the bread pudding with vanilla sauce, though!

Keep those reviews coming--I'm afraid that I don't have much to add at this point. My whole trip has been Goofy focused. One more day/one more race to go!
:(. Thanks for the research.

:thumbsup2 This is my kind of dining review. I am a flexitarian - I prefer to eat vegetarian, but will eat chicken/turkey and fish, if I have to. No mammalians though - I don't eat my own kind. :) Seeing a vegetarian report is fabulous to give me more options in WDW. And I have already taken so many notes from you. So THANKS!!!!

I make a lot of solo day trips to WDW - it is going to be a lot more since this semester I only have classes 3 days a week :cool1: - I have Thursdays and Fridays off (other than doing that dreaded classwork though). But I have never done buffet alone. I am afraid that because I eat really slow, that they will think I am gone and clean my table while I am getting my food. I thought about nabbing one of those "I'll be right back" card from Sweet Tomatoes, so I can eat at WDW buffet. Did you have any problems with that? Or was your waiter really cognizant of where you were?

Thanks again. If you are ever solo at WDW again, let me know 'cause looks like we could eat at the same places and have no problems. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 This is my kind of dining review. I am a flexitarian - I prefer to eat vegetarian, but will eat chicken/turkey and fish, if I have to. No mammalians though - I don't eat my own kind. :) Seeing a vegetarian report is fabulous to give me more options in WDW. And I have already taken so many notes from you. So THANKS!!!!

I make a lot of solo day trips to WDW - it is going to be a lot more since this semester I only have classes 3 days a week :cool1: - I have Thursdays and Fridays off (other than doing that dreaded classwork though). But I have never done buffet alone. I am afraid that because I eat really slow, that they will think I am gone and clean my table while I am getting my food. I thought about nabbing one of those "I'll be right back" card from Sweet Tomatoes, so I can eat at WDW buffet. Did you have any problems with that? Or was your waiter really cognizant of where you were?

Thanks again. If you are ever solo at WDW again, let me know 'cause looks like we could eat at the same places and have no problems. :goodvibes

I had a horrible experience with them clearing my place at Chef Mickey's in March of 06, but I had no trouble at Tusker House this year. So I think it's more a function of the individual server than being solo.

Now, this may be the most controversial statement I’ve made on the Internet in some time, but I love Planet Hollywood. There-I said it. I’ve been to the ones in San Francisco (start of the obsession back in 98), Las Vegas (x3, and I’m planning to stay there when I go this year), Baltimore (just stopped in, didn’t eat, too busy), Montreal, Toronto, New York (both locations old x1, new x3), and Orlando. I even got the parents to bring me back a PH Paris shirt when they went there for their 25th anniversary. It’s the restaurant I eat at solo most frequently (both in Orlando, and at the one in NYC), and the waitperson consistently rocks at service. However, I’d heard that once you tell them you have the $15 package coupon, your service goes down. My waiter asked if I had any coupons or discounts, and I said I had the $15 coupon. I wanted to look at the menu. I knew I was ordering the Pasta Pomodoro, but it was $14.95, but as my coupon was for $15, I decided to order a drink to bump it up. I’d been able to get a booze drink with my Entertainment Book coupon in NYC in September, but as that’s technically not supposed to happen, I ordered a smoothie. I wandered the restaurant while waiting for my food. My meal was fabulous as always.
wdwdec07195.jpg

The pasta was good, the sauce was tasty.

I had a Caprese sandwich and an Earl lemonade (half Earl Gray tea, half lemonde) both were good and fresh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/htf130/WDW%20Dec%2007/wdwdec07203.jpg[/IMG

I also stopped by Goofy's Candy Kitchen for dessert Vanilla fudge cookie dipped in milk chocolate, with Reese’s Pieces and M&M’s. Mmm. I loved it. I ate about half of it, and saved the rest. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/htf130/WDW%20Dec%2007/wdwdec07204.jpg

Ugh! I now have a hankering for Earl of Sandwich! That fudge dipped cookie doesn't look bad either! ;) We have PH in Atlantic City, but I never ate there because I heard so many terrible things about it. Maybe I'll have to try it just to see for myself.

Keep the report coming, I'm thoroughly enjoying it! :cool1:

I want to thank you for posting this thread. It's very helpful - my husband is a vegetarian and it's hard to make ADRs...this is the first time we have taken advantage of DDP.

Thanks!

After reading so much on the DIS about the French Toast loaf, I wanted to try it myself. . I didn't like the French Toast loaf-too slimey for me, but if you like slimey french toast it's flavorful and fairly cheap, I may try something else there again, though.
wdwdec07207.jpg

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to read more soon! :)

Despite being one of the more dull meals of my trip, I was asked to take a survey on food at WDW as I left the MK. I had a veggie burger at Cosmic Rays. It was prepared well, and you could have fun at the toppings bar. However, if there are any vegans out there, the ketchup and the ketchup station was tainted with mayonaise. This was the first place I saw it, but you might want to keep your eyes peeled.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/htf130/WDW Dec 07/wdwdec07227.jpg

Or "Enter Pescetarian, or What do a vegetarian and a pescetarian eat at Le Cellier?"
question was if they still had the chocolate moose-which they did. I wanted to try Ice Wine, so I ordered the cheapest kind, and Mom ordered some white wine. Patrick came back and said they were out of that Ice Wine, but offered me a sample of a Riesling that was similar. I wasn't a fan, and I didn't want to spend $17 on a glass of wine, so I ordered a Glowtini. Let me tell you, if you want table envy directed towards you, order this drink. It's glowing and good (plus, you can keep your cube).
wdwdec07230.jpg
wdwdec07231.jpg
(please excuse my horrible nails in the second picture-I don't take polish on vacation, and my nails were peeling with all the pinning/unpinning I was doing). I ordered the Heirloom Squash Ravioli - topped with roasted chanterelle mushrooms and finished with brown butter and smoked paprika oil sans mushrooms, and my mom ordered the Seared King Salmon - served over butternut squash risotto with maple butter and pecan vinaigrette. Patrick brought us the breadsticks, and yes, the pretzel breadstick is as good as everyone says it is. My ravioli came topped with watercress, and it was amazing-I think it was the best skin on a ravioli I've ever had. The squash inside was good, too.
wdwdec07232.jpg
My mom raved about her salmon, and she loves salmon, so it had a lot of other salmon dishes to live up to.
wdwdec07234.jpg
I also ordered a side of the cream cheese mashed potatooes, and they were creamy and flavorful.
wdwdec07233.jpg
Mom was too full for dessert, but I ordered the chocolate moose-it was good moose and tasty cookies, although Patrick called me a "vicious lass" for eating its eyes last. ;)
wdwdec07235.jpg

So yes, we may not eat steak, but that doesn't mean we can't love Le Cellier-we plan on returning to it on our next trip.

You're making me hungry. That ravioli looked way too good.

But I'm finding your reviews really helpful, I'm a flexterian who trys to keep vegeterain as much as possible. And I tend to follow low-carb, you can just imagine the complications that arise.

And I'm a PH junkie too, especially the Clockwork Orange's and the Spinach Dips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter