A Vacation From My Problems (A Sept. 2010 Trip Report) - COMPLETED 12/14

We went for lunch at Pecos Bill's instead. I got the big burger with the onion rings on it, because as we all know, calories don't count on vacation. :thumbsup2
Greasy burger and onion rings on top of cinnamon roll? Now we're talking!
How 'bout this jem at the Big E this year... big fair in Springfield, MA..
Taken from LINK HERE

Meet the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger': beef patty, bacon and cheese on Krispy Kreme donut

alg_craz-e-burger.jpg

Talk about a heart-stopper.

The donut burger - a bacon cheeseburger with a buttered Krispy Kreme glazed donut standing in for a bun - is becoming a hit on the fair circuit and among some far-out foodies.

Amusingly, the heart-stopping sandwich was sold just outside the West Springfield agricultural fair's "Better Living Center."

Pioneered in the South and popularized by Food Network host Paula Deen, it was a big hit at this year's Big E fair in Massachusetts. Fairgoers bought about 1,000 "Craz-E Burgers" each day of the fair's 17-day run, which ended Sunday, organizers said.

At 1,500 calories per, that adds up to 2.5 million calories worth of sugary, cheesy, bacon-dressed beef - or the creation of an additional 730 pounds of waistline jiggle.

Thank you. That means a lot coming from my nemesis.

I know Barry. I know. :hug:

See what happens when I go to bed early??? I miss out on points!

I'm a big ol' slacker now.

Love the update! I will say that we were one of those groups with a scooter for the first 2 days. DH's grandma is 80 and my MIL thought that she'd be able to handle the scooter.

Uh, yeah, no. Friday night, as we were leaving MK, I was absolutely certain that she was going to drive that thing into Seven Seas Lagoon until my MIL grabbed the handles and forced her to turn the thing!

We had the rental company bring a wheelchair to switch it out on the 3rd morning. That was much easier!

And no, calories don't count on vacation. That's why I was the only one in my family to order the fixed price menu at Les Chefs for lunch.

Anytime we ride something that scares my 8-year-old, she ends up saying "I can't do it, Mommy. I can't do it!" right about the time we are on the ride, ready to go. That's why she always rides with Daddy now.

I'm totally in on this TR. The titled is what reeled me in. Also being a huge movie buff, I automatic heard Bill Murray voice in my head say "A vacation from my problems" and then giggled to myself as I thought of one of my favorite movies "What about Bob"

Airplane!

This is Spinal Tap

+2 :thumbsup2

And middlepat is on the board! This remains a tight race.

Don't call me Shirley = Airplane!

Edited to add: Oh dang, too late. My wife talked to me while I was reading and I couldn't post as quickly as I wanted to.

Well, my only other guess is that Colon Blow is from SNL, but not exactly a movie line.

I totally agree on the scooters messing up the buses. I feel bad for the people, but had to suppress a "Doh!" whenever I saw them get in my line while waiting for a bus.

Also, loved your It's a Small World picture!

+1 :thumbsup2 Yes indeed, that was an SNL reference. I believe I did say a few TV quotes could be thrown in, and I already used the Grinch earlier. Now tell your wife you have priorities here! :rotfl2:

Hopefully Disney can figure out a better system. There will always be people who abuse the system and cause some resentment, but there are also a lot of people who geniunely need help getting around and should be able to enjoy the parks. But as it stands right now, they really hurt the efficiency of the bus system.

That picture appears to have struck a nerve! :laughing:

PeanutButter!!!

Sorry, Steve, I don't know any movies called "Peanut Butter".

I have to say that this is just wrong... IASW is a classic ride that brings all the visitors to the MK together with one common goal... kill those incessant singing dolls!!!! :laughing:

I forgot to mention that I was holding out hope for the refurbishment to be taking on trennr's idea of turning the ride into It's A Small War. Just add the Buzz Lightyear guns to the boats, and maybe some depth charge effects from the Backlot Tour at Hollywood Studios, and you'd have an incredibly popular ride. Trennr is a genius! :worship:

Well I'm thinkin' because that was our exact experience on our last trip in Sept. of '08....:headache:

A first-time person with a rental scooter + a novice bus driver = scooter-loading H-E-L-L. This definitely needs to be addressed by Disney!

Not that there are any easy answers. A separate bus system designed to accommodate scooters was the best I could come up with. :confused3

And yet again, I'm thinkin'!.....yep, I saw it in '06 too. Our family has come to fondly refer to it as "Cinderella's Crane."

I like that! :rotfl:

Airplane!:thumbsup2

I am afraid for Phiharmagic every time I get a "surprise" Fastpass for it dropped out of another Fantasyland attraction....:sad2:

If you are ever on or within a mile of this ride and hear someone laughing insanely, it's me....in the very last seat.

Best. Ride. Ever.

A man after my own heart!....or, er -- stomach!:upsidedow

Good job spotting the quote there. I couldn't believe how empty Philharmagic was. Maybe it terrorizes lots of other kids, too. I like it, though.

So we both love BTMRR and lots of calories! Good to have something in common! :rotfl2:

Wrong. And stop calling me Shirley.

This movie quote made me actually laugh out loud :rotfl:
Ahhh Airplane!!

Ok I'm hooked on this TR! Best one I've read in a while. popcorn::

Trust me, 20 years down the road Little Scotty will laugh about his horrible experience on BTMRR.

I think I might have had the same reaction if I saw that IASW was closed while I was there! A classic ride yes, but that song...oh that song just about drives me batty!!!!

LOL...I can't wait to see if you were able to find a way to torture your daughter :rotfl:

Hmmm...I have never eaten at Pesco's Bill! I think I'm going to have to try it one of these days!

Usually if we don't like a ride we'll say something like, "Well, at least it was air-conditioned." For me, IASW is 10 minutes in air conditioning. With that infernal song. If they don't put trennr's guns on the boats, maybe they'll at least hand out a few softballs. :stir:

Pecos Bill's is pretty good for counter-service. I think it's the same burgers you get everywhere else, but the onion rings help, and the theming is pretty cool.

What? Not Super Colon Blow?

AIRPLANE!

This is Spinal Tap! (Loved that movie)

PEANUTBUTTER! I'm going to need a little warning when you post these so I can try to beat the other Dis Dads...

We were afraid Super Colon Blow would be too much for the kids. I hear it causes stomach distension. And I'm always amazed at how quickly people jump on to catch the movie quotes! I'm trying to come up with some more obscure ones to see if they last a little longer...

Fwiw, I did the same when I heard it was closed. Oh, and the crane on the castle? They're hanging lights for Christmas. Disney never fails to be proactive! I hear these lights are actually being hung for Christmas 2012.

Lastly, regarding the scooters - I know how you feel. My wife has a handicap placard (two actually) and this year it finally is up for renewal and our doctor gave us the red temporary one instead. Grr... We feel like we're getting judged by other handicap people now because they often take the spots that actual handicap people need. Anyway, the people who don't need it but use it anyway bug me to no end. We bring my wife's personal chair and drive around on our own so we don't clog the system.

Christmas lights, huh? That makes sense. In HS, it looked like the Osborne lights were already up.

It's hard not to be judgmental of other people, but it's important. I kept trying to remind myself that I don't know their circumstances or condition. It's nice to see people like you who are thoughtful of others! :thumbsup2

ROCKY!!!!! :lmao:

I know it is a DDC Man Law, but we still haven't made a RD. :sad2:

Nice photoshopping there Barry!!!! ::yes::

Kingdom of Heaven ;)

Poor Scotty! I hope he wasn't traumatized for the rest of the trip! pirate:

+1 :thumbsup2 Nice job on Kingdom of Heaven! I wasn't sure if anyone would get that one or not. By the way, if any of you ever see that movie, get the director's cut, not the theatrical version. It's a completely different (and much better) film. Now get to that RD!

Just joining in...love your TR so far! We just got back last week, so I'm looking forward to reading about your September experiences and seeing how they compare! :goodvibes

:welcome:

Thanks for jumping in! I'll try and check out your TR as well.

Too late to get in on the movie quotes, though Spinal Tap is a classic.

Just had to share that one of my dd's was about your son's age when we first took her on BTMRR. Needless to say she wasn't too thrilled with it and when we were getting off she said "That was the WORST ride in the wilderness!!"

Enjoying your TR :goodvibes.

"So why don't you just make 10 louder?" :rotfl2:

My daughter loved BTMRR at 4 years old. She was more daring at that age than either of my boys. But then again, she got a little more skittish than I thought she would be this time around, as we shall soon see.

Side note: we had an RN at work download a Colon Blow ad onto all of our computers at work. Needless to say the poor fella got a harsh talking to. ;)

:snooty: IASW is my favorite but only at Disneyland so you are forgiven. :laughing:

Aw, come on. Don't they have a sense of humor?

As far as IASW goes...uh, don't read my responses to the other comments. :rolleyes1

We're already there with Madison. Kindergarten starts at 7:40, so DW is pulling her out of bed at 7:00. Evan is up at 6:00, playing in his room and singing at the top of his lungs. :confused3

Hmm. Maybe I should stop complaining and just make more coffee in the morning. :hyper:

Nice Job. We've been close a few times, and gotten there at other parks, but never quite made RD at Magic Kingdom. At least we get there before Tim. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

{feverishly scribbling something on my December "must-do" list}

I didn't know we were doing commercials too! Crying Indian in the pollution commercial.:sad1:
Don't worry, soon enough those greedy little children will be reaching out and trying to grab all of those floating jewels. Not like mine do or anything. I've heard. Really.

My rule is, if it involves big gooey cinnamon rolls, chances are that it's something I need to be involved with.

Your kids are younger and already braver than mine. :sad2: Er, mine are more cautious. Yeah, that sounds better.

Is that what that was? I was wondering why I got a chill up my spine that day. And all the way up in Wisconsin. Mrs. Oblivious has some pretty good range on her evil eye.

We got surprise FPs for Philharmagic once from Pooh's ride. I was walking back to Pinocchio's to rejoin my family and looked over at Philiharmagic. 5 minute wait, empty stroller parking. Score. :confused3

You have to watch out for the ol' Oblivious Stink-eye. It's powerful. And I'm not really sure what the deal is with Philharmagic, either, since we walked right in. Do they really need to print those Fast Passes?

Greasy burger and onion rings on top of cinnamon roll? Now we're talking!

Yeah, I'm not getting my cholesterol checked anytime soon. By the way, as I type this I'm chowing down on pepperoni pizza. Hey, why is my left arm numb?

man you guys are up late! I knew some of the quotes though. I should at least get a thumbs up.

My boys are early risers too. It's great during the week but not so much on the weekends. At least on the weekends they get up and play and let us sleep/lay in bed a little bit before breakfast.

I fear my youngest will give me the hardest time about rides. He did want to go on a lot of them at Dutch Wonderland so maybe that is a start. Our oldest (4.5) loves rides and didnt want to get off the roller coaster. I am hoping he will be my partner in crime for most of the rides.

loving the trip report, can't wait to read the rest.

We've told the kids that on weekends, they can go straight downstairs and turn on the Disney Channel. That usually works. For some reason, they still feel the need to come in and announce when they need to use the bathroom. :sad2:

Scotty started to come around, ever so slightly, later in the week. Every kid is different!

Subscribing. I'll be back later to catch up.

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the ride...

I have only started to read your TR, but I LOVE it! I just wanted to say hi. I hope to catch up soon and then start earning my Movie Quote points. . .as I'm a big movie buff, too.

Thanks for joining us! Glad to see more movie ner--uh, buffs around! :thumbsup2

Crud and Peanut Butter!!!

Barry...Tim is now my Nemisis too.

:lmao::rotfl2:

Yeah, that was a good try, Nate. But I have to give a point to Tim on that one.

Tim: +1 :thumbsup2

I wasn't even going for Rocky with the picture, but I have to reward a clear association like that.

How 'bout this jem at the Big E this year... big fair in Springfield, MA..
Taken from LINK HERE

Meet the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger': beef patty, bacon and cheese on Krispy Kreme donut

alg_craz-e-burger.jpg

Talk about a heart-stopper.

The donut burger - a bacon cheeseburger with a buttered Krispy Kreme glazed donut standing in for a bun - is becoming a hit on the fair circuit and among some far-out foodies.

Amusingly, the heart-stopping sandwich was sold just outside the West Springfield agricultural fair's "Better Living Center."

Pioneered in the South and popularized by Food Network host Paula Deen, it was a big hit at this year's Big E fair in Massachusetts. Fairgoers bought about 1,000 "Craz-E Burgers" each day of the fair's 17-day run, which ended Sunday, organizers said.

At 1,500 calories per, that adds up to 2.5 million calories worth of sugary, cheesy, bacon-dressed beef - or the creation of an additional 730 pounds of waistline jiggle.

drooling-homer.gif

See what happens when I go to bed early??? I miss out on points!

I'm a big ol' slacker now.

Love the update! I will say that we were one of those groups with a scooter for the first 2 days. DH's grandma is 80 and my MIL thought that she'd be able to handle the scooter.

Uh, yeah, no. Friday night, as we were leaving MK, I was absolutely certain that she was going to drive that thing into Seven Seas Lagoon until my MIL grabbed the handles and forced her to turn the thing!

We had the rental company bring a wheelchair to switch it out on the 3rd morning. That was much easier!

And no, calories don't count on vacation. That's why I was the only one in my family to order the fixed price menu at Les Chefs for lunch.

Anytime we ride something that scares my 8-year-old, she ends up saying "I can't do it, Mommy. I can't do it!" right about the time we are on the ride, ready to go. That's why she always rides with Daddy now.

We saw a couple of near-misses with scooters! Some drivers were definitely more proficient than others... :rolleyes1

And no, you're not a slacker. Well ok, maybe a little. ;)

I'm totally in on this TR. The titled is what reeled me in. Also being a huge movie buff, I automatic heard Bill Murray voice in my head say "A vacation from my problems" and then giggled to myself as I thought of one of my favorite movies "What about Bob"

Glad to have you here! You have excellent taste in movies.

Just read through...and laughed out loud at your IASW picture! Good times!
Looking forward to more.

Always glad to get a laugh!

This movie quote made me actually laugh out loud :rotfl:
Ahhh Airplane!!

Ok I'm hooked on this TR! Best one I've read in a while. popcorn::

Trust me, 20 years down the road Little Scotty will laugh about his horrible experience on BTMRR.

I sure hope that's the case. Otherwise, he'll be sitting in a padded room somewhere, muttering something like, "Father said I would like this."

nice update captain. i never seen someone so upset about that stupid ride being closed!! maybe they are making the voices in the song just a bit more iratating.:lmao:

"So. That went well" from your last update. . .

. . .isn't that from Princess Diaries?

Oh, and about the crane. . .er Castle Dragon. . .it is out in September and October to put up the CHristmas lights on the castle. We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour this year, and our guide said it takes about 6 weeks, I think, to get all the lights on the castle. She said the story they tell is that it is a Dragon that likes to help Cinderella decorate the castle for the holidays! :lmao:

No worries- my castle pictures have the Dragon, too.

nice update captain. i never seen someone so upset about that stupid ride being closed!! maybe they are making the voices in the song just a bit more iratating.:lmao:

:eek: Dave don't give them any ideas! :rotfl2: Soon we'll have Iago and teh Tiki birds singing the song.

"So. That went well" from your last update. . .

. . .isn't that from Princess Diaries?

:confused3
No clue. I've never seen it. But I'll try and look it up and see if you're right.

Oh, and about the crane. . .er Castle Dragon. . .it is out in September and October to put up the CHristmas lights on the castle. We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour this year, and our guide said it takes about 6 weeks, I think, to get all the lights on the castle. She said the story they tell is that it is a Dragon that likes to help Cinderella decorate the castle for the holidays! :lmao:

No worries- my castle pictures have the Dragon, too.

Thanks for the info! I was annoyed at the crane, but FreezinRafiki did some stellar Photoshop work for me. The crane has been banished forever. Banished, genius! Into the human world!

Okay, I'm all caught up. We were probably one of those many CRAZY people on the monorail on the 18th--as that was the day we went to the MNSSHP (our first) and it was a zoo with people coming and going.

We never had a problem with the crane when we went over Labor Day until about the 12th of September. Since we've been going later in the month the last two trips, that darn thing is always in my pictures (I have to see if I can find someone who knows how to chop it out of my pictures). I'm not sure if it is painting or them starting to put up the Christmas lights.

Mark, I love the picture of you in front of IASW...that was my reaction w hen I heard the news before we even left.

I agree with you on the Riverside Mill. Although we've never stayed at POR, we have gone over a number of times to eat there and it is great.

Poor Scotty...I hope things get better as you go along.

Monsters Inc. :sulley:

+1 :thumbsup2

Still amazed at how fast you guys are on these quotes.

Okay, I'm all caught up. We were probably one of those many CRAZY people on the monorail on the 18th--as that was the day we went to the MNSSHP (our first) and it was a zoo with people coming and going.

We never had a problem with the crane when we went over Labor Day until about the 12th of September. Since we've been going later in the month the last two trips, that darn thing is always in my pictures (I have to see if I can find someone who knows how to chop it out of my pictures). I'm not sure if it is painting or them starting to put up the Christmas lights.

Mark, I love the picture of you in front of IASW...that was my reaction when I heard the news before we even left.

I agree with you on the Riverside Mill. Although we've never stayed at POR, we have gone over a number of times to eat there and it is great.

Poor Scotty...I hope things get better as you go along.

A zoo is right! I'll assume you weren't with the guy who cut us off from the monorail. :laughing:

Sounds like the consensus on the crane is that they're hanging Christmas lights.

I hope you can at least see the level of compassion we have as Scotty's parents and nominate us for Parents of the Year. He's frightened and bawling his eyes out, and we just snap pictures of him. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter