A Trip to the World Changed Our World

What a great post run day! Your breakfast looked really good!

We didn't sleep in much either. We got to bed about 4ish too and my mom did a good job of keeping the boys quiet until 8:30ish. We then begged my mom to get us 'real' breakfast at the food court. We were staying in the THV but those egg sandwiches sounded way better than cereal and milk!

But I'm sure that B is the 'adult' here right?

Great update. What an interesting cab ride. Your breakfast looks really nice. Lunch not so much. How odd that neither of them acknowledged each other. Yet later that day I was acknowleged in a very friendly way, unaware that there was any real friction.

You were abducted huh? :rotfl: that's pretty funny.

::yes:: yup, pretty sure. It would explain a lot. ;)
I almost ordered that exact breakfast at Kouzzina when we were there but ended up with a different item, that I absolutely adored. Planning on going there next year!

There seemed to be quite a few items that I would like to try. I am the type of person who looks over a menu from WDW a dozen times before a trip to "plan" what I wan to eat. This was not what I assumed I would want, but when I saw it on the menu in front of me I knew it was perfect!

Sometimes a cab is the right way to go!

That is one thing that I really learned from this trip (aside from the fact that people can see me in ways I never really imagined. ;)) I anticipated using a cab next week too...

What a great post run day! Your breakfast looked really good!

It was really good!

We didn't sleep in much either. We got to bed about 4ish too and my mom did a good job of keeping the boys quiet until 8:30ish. We then begged my mom to get us 'real' breakfast at the food court. We were staying in the THV but those egg sandwiches sounded way better than cereal and milk!
Yeah... I wouldn't have thought cereal and milk would have sounded as good either. I think I needed the salt and the protein along with some carbs!
But I'm sure that B is the 'adult' here right?

Well, they both are... at least should be. However, I suspected that between all that happened on both the prior nights... B was going to be a bit standoffish. I just don't know why Amanda was...

Great update. What an interesting cab ride.

Thanks, it was an interesting cab ride. All I kept thinking was "if you hate WDW so much why are you driving guests to and from WDW"

Your breakfast looks really nice. Lunch not so much.

Breakfast was amazing... lunch was fun. Kira loves Yak and Yeti. I am not a huge fan. This is one reason I wasn't heart broken to not get a meal there. I shouldn't have got anything though...
How odd that neither of them acknowledged each other. Yet later that day I was acknowleged in a very friendly way, unaware that there was any real friction.

I was thinking about that. Granted... my memory is fading and patchy... but I think that I found you before I found her and she made no initial attempt to say hello to the girls and I. When I finally noticed where she was, she was just sitting and staring at us. Also, I think I told you I think she hates me now...mostly in jest... but also to kinda lighten the situation because I did suspect she was not happy with me. However, when she came over to us (it was her that came to us, right? Not the other way around?) she did seem very friendly... so maybe I am completely misreading the "staring". Afterall, I truly can not speak to what her thoughts were or how she was feeling. I know that if my dh is tired he comes across as distant and cold. Even though that really isn't him... but he is just a bit less "outgoing" than I am (which says something cause I aint all that outgoing. :rotfl:)

HMMMM...thinking that if I work summer school maybe we could splurge the 2 days before and fulfill both of our dreams of staying at BC! :rolleyes1

Did you go to breakfast by yourself? Confused!:confused3

momabaarjo said:
HMMMM...thinking that if I work summer school maybe we could splurge the 2 days before and fulfill both of our dreams of staying at BC! :rolleyes1

Did you go to breakfast by yourself? Confused!:confused3

Ah... The Epcot resorts!

And... Yes, I ate all by myself. The girls didn't want to take the time for a sit down because they wanted to get to the park ASAP (and not spend extra money). B had her own plans that morning.

I think you went to her after chatting with us for ages. But way before you arrived, she did. She came up to my family and introduced herself. We had a very nice conversation and she was very friendly. She stayed talking to us until she saw she needed to get back to her cousin. There was absolutely no sign of friction. She did make a comment that you ran too fast and she had to really push herself to stay near you. But she was laughing about it and never said an unkind word.

I think you went to her after chatting with us for ages. But way before you arrived, she did. She came up to my family and introduced herself. We had a very nice conversation and she was very friendly. She stayed talking to us until she saw she needed to get back to her cousin. There was absolutely no sign of friction. She did make a comment that you ran too fast and she had to really push herself to stay near you. But she was laughing about it and never said an unkind word.

I really do not want to imply B is anything but a very nice person. One reason we hit it off so well was because of how kind and generous she is. Does she have some quirks? Perhaps, but we all do. So... I would not have expected her to say anything unkind. :goodvibes I am the one who has a hard time not opening my mouth and saying things I will regret. ;)

We might have passed each other at WWoS! I remember when I was finishing the 5K that the kids corals were quite full! And it was HOT that day indeed!

I will say this about your run - I honestly wish I had had someone running the 5K with me who would've helped to push/motivate me. Given how horrible I was feeling, it was really hard motivating myself to do better. So, I think there was nothing wrong in your motivation tactics.

Your breakfast looks delicious! I really want to try breakfast there one day!

Glad you were able to get the KTTW replaced without too much of a headache.

Stringbean&Wingnut said:
Love the Boardwalk area!!! :goodvibes Kouzzina breakfast is one of my favorites - your meal looks so good!

One of my all time favorites! For sure! I can't wait to eat there again in just one week

amandaw said:
We might have passed each other at WWoS! I remember when I was finishing the 5K that the kids corals were quite full! And it was HOT that day indeed!

I will say this about your run - I honestly wish I had had someone running the 5K with me who would've helped to push/motivate me. Given how horrible I was feeling, it was really hard motivating myself to do better. So, I think there was nothing wrong in your motivation tactics.

Your breakfast looks delicious! I really want to try breakfast there one day!

Glad you were able to get the KTTW replaced without too much of a headache.

The decision to replace the KTTWC I think worked out much better than going all the way back to the room. The girls had such a long wait for the ak bus... Then it stopped at (I think) blizzard beach. I this this way took far less time.

Breakfast was excellent and a perfect choice.

As for the run- it isn't like me to push so hard. I think it wasn't until the very end that I truly got that I was pushing. I think I figured- she was younger... Had a qualifying time almost exactly the same as mine... And while I suspected I may have got out training more frequently than she did..., I figured that the other two facts were more important... And her complaints along the way? Well, I know I may complain when I really am not suffering all that much. So point is- it wasn't nice of me to push... I just didn't realize I was pushing as hard a I was.

The kids race... Yeah , it was so hot out! I can see why the 5k was held so early in the day.... Any later and all of you would have been much more miserable than you were!

I really do not want to imply B is anything but a very nice person. One reason we hit it off so well was because of how kind and generous she is. Does she have some quirks? Perhaps, but we all do. So... I would not have expected her to say anything unkind. :goodvibes I am the one who has a hard time not opening my mouth and saying things I will regret. ;)

No worries, I was just saying that I was shocked to hear there was any friction that day. I would have never guessed that in a million years.

The flight sounded good. Nice pics looking out the window.
Seems like a nice night in DTD.
Fun times in New Fantasyland.
PP+ has a lot of rules. LOL. Some make sense and some do not.
Looks like a fun time at Epcot with princesses.
Great pics at 1900 PF. I found the breakfast really good there.
Little arguments are good for people. Just so long as you make up.
That is too bad about he card but glad to hear the agent was right about the info they gave.
Not one of the best days to have at WDW. Hopefully it gets better.
Pepper market is a nice place to eat and CSR is gorgeous.
Congrats on the race.
The breakfast looked good.
All caught up. Look forward to more.

I've been following your TR... I haven't been to Kouzzina's yet but your breakfast looked amazing. Sounded like the perfect meal after a long race the day/night before. I also saw that you ate at Yak & Yeti and got the salad. That restaurant is great- did any of the girls try the miso salmon? That was soo good, got it last year.

Anyhow, it's too bad you got into it a bit with "B". Was this lady that you met up with a member of this board? Just wondering if it would cause friction if she saw your trip report on here, lol. Sometimes when I vent about people that annoy me (Hmm like my sister in laws aka Anastasia and Drizella, Cindy's wicked step sisters) :lmao: I get paranoid that they might somehow stumble upon it..

Ann, I'm not sure where I last commented on. First congratulations on finishing the race...very proud of you. And I love the picture of Zoe with her medal...she looks adorable. I'm so sorry about things with you and because I know how close you two had gotten.

What a weird taxi driver you had. I really never had a desire to stay at the Boardwalk, but I'm really getting excited about our upcoming stay there in December (we'll be in the Villas).

what a strange taxi driver...bet he doesn't go to the parks very often :lmao:
breakfast looks yummy, never tried Kouzzina before....we would love to stay at an epcot resort some day too!

weird about B and the girls...happy you were able to get the KTTW replaced at the park! cool that Zoe got picked! we've only done CS at Yak & yeti, lunch does look good!

good luck at the PHM and have a magical trip!!!

No worries, I was just saying that I was shocked to hear there was any friction that day. I would have never guessed that in a million years.

I am not sure there was friction so much as things were "off". I could have just been fatigue from the previous night...

The flight sounded good. Nice pics looking out the window.Thanks, I like to try and get pictures of the mountains as we fly over
Seems like a nice night in DTD. I dont think I ever have a bad time in DTD. I guess there really isn't a need to rush and so it is always a bit more laid back
Fun times in New Fantasyland. ALWAYS, a good time to be had there. :thumbsup2
PP+ has a lot of rules. LOL. Some make sense and some do not. Yeah... I would definitely be more prepared the next time
Looks like a fun time at Epcot with princesses. The princesses are always neat to dine with when you have a small one with you. ;)
Great pics at 1900 PF. I found the breakfast really good there. I did too.:goodvibes
Little arguments are good for people. Just so long as you make up.I agree. I have NEVER not made up with someone.
That is too bad about he card but glad to hear the agent was right about the info they gave. It worked out fine. It was a tad stressful though
Not one of the best days to have at WDW. Hopefully it gets better. Most trips for me have ups and downs. So when I have a down moment...there is always bound to be a good one right around the corner.
Pepper market is a nice place to eat and CSR is gorgeous. I have to say that I liked it better when there was a buffet...but it definitely is a gorgeous resort.
Congrats on the race.Thanks!
The breakfast looked good.It was... I LOVE spinach
All caught up. Look forward to more I hope to get back into and get some updates soon.

I've been following your TR... I haven't been to Kouzzina's yet but your breakfast looked amazing. Sounded like the perfect meal after a long race the day/night before. I also saw that you ate at Yak & Yeti and got the salad. That restaurant is great- did any of the girls try the miso salmon? That was soo good, got it last year.

Breakfast was perfect. The girls did not try the salmon. (at least I don't think they did :scratchin) I might have to try that in the future.
Anyhow, it's too bad you got into it a bit with "B". Was this lady that you met up with a member of this board? Just wondering if it would cause friction if she saw your trip report on here, lol. Sometimes when I vent about people that annoy me (Hmm like my sister in laws aka Anastasia and Drizella, Cindy's wicked step sisters) :lmao: I get paranoid that they might somehow stumble upon it..
To be honest... a final blow was when she saw some questions I posted on a thread. She knew they were in reference to her and she didn't appreciate it. I can't say I blame her... but by the point I posted asking opinions on if choosing to "ditch" your friend during a race is bad mojo... she was pretty much not willing to talk to me about plans for our next race. I have come to believe that when running a race together it is important to be fairly equally matched in pace (within a few minutes per mile between you) and for the faster runner to be ok with keeping a slower pace AND the slower runner to be ok should the faster runner want to take off on their own. If any of those elements are missing then I think the race can become a challenge.

Ann, I'm not sure where I last commented on. First congratulations on finishing the race...very proud of you. And I love the picture of Zoe with her medal...she looks adorable. I'm so sorry about things with you and because I know how close you two had gotten.

Thanks. Despite all my complaining I have done since, the race was a lot of fun and I enjoyed spending the time with B. (so much so that the phm was a bit sad for me. :sad2:)
What a weird taxi driver you had. I really never had a desire to stay at the Boardwalk, but I'm really getting excited about our upcoming stay there in December (we'll be in the Villas).

Taxi driver was weird!

You are staying in BWV? I am super jealous!!!

Just wanted to say good luck & hope you're enjoying the race atmosphere down there now!! :)

Thank you! I started the TR for that as you know (I do have the right person this time, right ;)) The atmosphere is definitely what I love about rundisney!!!

Once we left AK, we had to go back to POFQ to get ready for MNSSHP.

B had left our tickets for us and went on ahead. We were suppose to meet up with her and Michelle (from here on dis) in the line for the dwarfs.

It took a bit to get us into costume. (well, it took a bit to get Amanda into hers :rotfl: talk about some cinching up! She wore a real corset!)

Once ready though we got out to the bus stop and waited.
IMG_0450_zpscd1687a1.jpg

Michelle was able to be first in line for the dwarfs and B and L were not far behind.

When we got to the dwarfs, I went to say hello to Michelle. Zoe and I went while Amanda and Kira held our place in line. B and L stayed put.

I hope Michelle doesn't mind that I snagged some of her photos. I thought I had the same ones, but apparently not. (Michelle, I can take them down if you need me too :goodvibes)

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0972.jpg

It was not long before a little girl came up to us and stood longingly as if she wanted to join in Zoe and Anakin's fun. I told myself I would remember her name, but now I forget. They become the best of friends and you would have thought these three knew each other forever!

DSC_0986.jpg

I know realize I was pretty rude to B and L (and maybe even Amanda and Kira) since I spent a good amount of time with Michelle and her family. It was hard not to though since Zoe was having so much fun filling the wait time with play time. I think I went over to say hello to B and L... but they did not get up from their spot.

Meanwhile, storm clouds were brewing. The dwarves came out and Michelle and her family were through and on their way. Then B and L were on their way. And since we were not that far behind, we soon were near the front of the line. Then it started to sprinkle and chaos began.

A fairly inexperienced cm decided that dwarves would move under the walkway of the nearby building. Since this is also where they met people in December, I assume this is common practice. What is not however is to move the line. It was crazy. :faint: The cm started to wind the entire line of people so that the queue started under the walkway. As the snake of people wound around the building it became hard to tell where one part of the line started and another began. It ended up being just a giant crowd of people under the awning.

Soon a more experience (looked like a supervisor) came out and lost his mind (in as much as a disney professional cm would lose their mind.) He demanded that the line be moved again back to where it was originally. :faint:

All the time it took to get us all under the awning and around the building and then to have us all snake our way back? :faint: Keep in mind... we were only a couple groups back. If they had started this process just maybe 3 minutes later... maybe we would have been through the line since once the line was "settled" were were done almost immediately.

Photo0277FourBySix_zps466ee379.jpg

After this, we tried to stay dry but spend some time trick or treating. I knew that this was part of the party, but who knew you got so much candy?! :confused:

The storm just seemed to be causing us more and more trouble. Amanda had an elaborate costume. It looked amazing! Comfortable though, it wasn't. She sported some high-healed pirate boots that as they got wet became increasingly uncomfortable for her.

This night was further complicated by Zoe's condition. She was experiencing a lot of spasms and so wasn't feeling great.

We decided to forgo the first parade and get dinner at Pecos bills. (sorry, it was so crowded and I think food even got spilled - so no pics). While it gave three of us a chance to dry off and mellow, one of us was cinched into her costume so much that getting food into her belly was a challenge and sitting was even harder! She was a pretty good sport, but I think she was pretty happy to leave and try and do something else.

I think we may have rode POTC and then we went to meet Captain Jack. Zoe was so excited. She made a note in her book that this was going to be the first time she met a pirate. Captain was on a bit of a break though so we had to wait. At least it was under cover. We were not far back in the line, so we hoped to see him soon. Once he came out the line moved quick, but Zoe started to show some signs of distress. Just as we were about to meet Captain Jack, she started to cry and was doubled over in pain. I had to rush her out of the line and to the nearest restroom. (where I am sure someone thought I was killing her because she was screaming since she was in so much pain)

Meanwhile, Amanda and Kira enjoyed their meeting. Captain Jack was very impressed with Kira's ears and tried to figure them out.

Photo0638FourBySix_zpse37b5294.jpg

He made Kira giddy
Photo0632FourBySix_zpsc401639f.jpg

When he turned his attention on Amanda, she was less impressed.
Photo0642FourBySix_zps97b420fb.jpg

Photo0643FourBySix_zpsfa7b76d4.jpg

What great character interaction! I am so sad that Zoe and I missed it.
Photo0645FourBySix_zpsf112d28a.jpg

Zoe and I spent a good amount of time in the restroom. The fireworks began before we were done. We got out barely in time to see any of them. :sad::sad:

We spent the rest of the night trick or treating. We went on just a few rides (HM and TTA for sure)

When it came time for the parade, due to the rain the Headless Horseman did not ride. :sad: I do not have ANY pictures of the parade. :sad:

Kira loved all the trick or treating and could have stayed longer. However with Amanda and her costume and Zoe and her health... we just didn't make it to the end of the party... but we came close.

Next Up: 10/1 - Day 7 Part 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter