A trip of firsts- starting with my first PTR for October 2013! (TR Link Posted 10/17)

Ah totally with you about being in denial about FP+. It seems ok(ish) to me now because you can still use regular FP with it. It is kinda overwhelming because of all the pre-planning it requires! :crazy2: I'll have more feedback after we use it, I'm sure!

If I were you, I would also wait to see if anything changes before linking my tickets. Right now, you can use both it seems but who knows when that will change! I would imagine they're not going to do away with regular FP that soon considering they have regular FP for the new Princess Fairytale Hall but really, who knows? :confused3

I have found in the past if you go to guest services and explain an issue or problem, politely, there will usually be something magical happen. :wizard:
Even when the problem arose because of our own idiocy! :rotfl2:

LOL, thanks for the encouragement! :thumbsup2

Ah totally with you about being in denial about FP+. It seems ok(ish) to me now because you can still use regular FP with it. It is kinda overwhelming because of all the pre-planning it requires! :crazy2: I'll have more feedback after we use it, I'm sure!

If I were you, I would also wait to see if anything changes before linking my tickets. Right now, you can use both it seems but who knows when that will change! I would imagine they're not going to do away with regular FP that soon considering they have regular FP for the new Princess Fairytale Hall but really, who knows? :confused3

I look forward to hearing your feedback about it! And that's EXACTLY what I'm thinking! I'm definitely going to hold off for now.

Magic Bands have arrived! They certainly do look very pretty :cutie:

3d3fa12a-7cfe-4f06-a497-d4ef48975657.jpg

I have decided to wait until my trip gets closer before linking my tickets and making any FP+ reservations. As much as the planner in me wants to do it now, the worrywart in me would rather wait and make sure that I will 100% be able to still get regular FP if I do FP+. I know right now that is the case, but you never know what could change.

DAY 6 PLANS - OCTOBER 10TH

Today we have a morning of rest, which I'm sure will be much needed!!

I'm hoping we can sleep in a little this morning since we will not be rushing out to a park. Once we're up and ready we will walk over to Art of Animation to check it out! I've basically been drooling over the pictures and can't wait to see all the larger than life figures!

7e500538-f50b-4042-9c2b-3ef6044fdf67.jpg

Once we're done at AoA, if we have time/want to we might also go to one of the pools at Pop for a little while.

But we must be ready by around 3pm because we will need to head to the bus stop to attend our second MNSSHP!

When initially planning this trip, I really only thought we'd attend one party. The more I thought about it, the more I really wished we'd have an extra party night because I knew we wouldn't be able to get to all the things I really wanted to see/do. I casually mentioned this to mom and she barely hesitated when she said, then let's do 2 parties! Yes, it's expensive. But really, I don't know when I will be back at Disney during this time of year, so we HAVE to take advantage while we're there! Also with the Room discount we received, it pays for a majority of one night's worth of tickets for us, which is even better!

Anyway! I'd like to get to the park right at 4 to take advantage of every ounce of our park time! I have no set plans before the party so we will use this time to ride anything we didn't get a chance to on our other days or things we want to do again!

With Jack & Sally officially meeting at the parties, they will definitely be our first priority tonight! I love the Nightmare Before Christmas <3 Everyone speculates that the line for this will be VERY long. I'm planning on having to be in line by around 5:30pm.

b407d451-fd3f-4e4c-acbf-afe40249899a.jpg

Originally my first priority on this night was going to be the Princesses/Princes. Now that that's been bumped, I have to figure out when a good time would be to squeeze that in. I'm thinking the best time would be during the 1st parade. Since Princess Fairtytale Hall will be open, I assume I'll have to line up twice to meet all the sets! If this is the case, the Rapunzel & Flynn may take priority because I just have to meet Euegene Fitzherbert!!

9cf5c38a-694f-4db8-adde-24566913ea93.jpg

I'd like to do the following on this night
-Meet Jack & Sally
-Meet Princesses with their Princes
-Meet Mickey & Minnie in costume
-More Villains Mix & Mingles- I'd like to meet all the villains if possible, so whoever I didn't get on the first night I will try for tonight.
-Meet Aladdin characters. I know they meet 2 at a time, I only plan on lining up once so whoever I meet will be up to chance! (This may have to get cut out if I end up not having time)
-Ride Dumbo during Wishes- I really want to make this happen! We will watch the fireworks in front of the castle for our first party, so I'd like to do something different this night. I've heard people say how wonderful it is to be on Dumbo during the fireworks and would love to experience that!
-Collect more candy!
-Any additional rides/characters that we can squeeze in- I'd love to at least ride BTMR because I've heard how different it feels at night. I'd also like to do Haunted Mansion since it IS a Halloween party!

Again, we plan on staying until the very end of the party. Hopefully our day of taking it easy will pay off!

*now that the MNSSHP map has been released my plans are shifting a little bit. I will probably post a revised version of my party plans when my trip gets closer!

List of Firsts for the day:
-Visit Art of Animation
-More MNSSHP exclusives!
-Ride Dumbo during fireworks

I cannot believe I am less than 20 days away! We are all getting very antsy and excited! :cool1:

So I ended up making alot more pre-trip purchases than I expected!

First I bought these 2 shirts

c2d86389-59b0-4b0a-845d-86c977f67e54.jpg
663a6af1-1b7a-440e-b2b1-9d7edbfc546d.jpg

And then I saw on lvcourtneyy's PTR that Wet Seal had villains shirts! Before buying them online, I decided to take a trip to the mall and see if they had any there and lo and behold they did!

12062410-b04b-483b-9880-c533ba02ece4.jpg
d329cdde-0799-42f2-855b-6296242e650c.jpg

I bought Ursuala (which they didn't have online!) & Cruella; I really wanted Maleficent too but the store didn't have her. So when I got home I went ahead and ordered it on the website. Unfortunately I received an email a few days later saying the item became out of stock :( I was glad I at least got the other 2 though! I will be wearing these to MNSSHP :)

I thought I was done with buying Disney themed shirts for the trip but then I saw this shirt and I just HAD to have it. How adorable is this?!

32cd2297-1cc6-4e84-8ed1-155fb748a8a6.jpg

And my last purchase- a new set of ears! I had no intention of buying new ears (I already have a traditional Minnie pair) but when they released these Halloween ones on the website I could not pass them up! I am actually still waiting for them to arrive, I've been having a pretty unfavorable experience with disneystore.com :-/ I am hoping they arrive soon though!

156727b8-1f63-415f-9e94-c384a6b166a3.jpg

This is quite the contrast from my last trip, where I only brought and wore ONE Disney themed shirt! :rotfl:

I'm so jealous you get to see jack & Sally!! One year we are going to have to go in the fall so we can do MNSSHP.

I like all your cute shirts! And LOVE those ears! I'm sorry to hear disneystore isn't living up to expectations--I love that site! I just found out that at the new outlet mall only 5 minutes from work there is a Disney store! I'm not sure how I've stayed away this long! :rotfl:

I'm so jealous you get to see jack & Sally!! One year we are going to have to go in the fall so we can do MNSSHP.

I like all your cute shirts! And LOVE those ears! I'm sorry to hear disneystore isn't living up to expectations--I love that site! I just found out that at the new outlet mall only 5 minutes from work there is a Disney store! I'm not sure how I've stayed away this long! :rotfl:

Yes you should! I think it's going to be a great time to go!

And thank you :) I probably just got some bad luck on the disney site. LOL you better make a trip to the mall soon! :rotfl:

Haha love the shirts! I didn't wear ANY themed shirts on our last trip, and just like you, I started with wanting to make one. Then I saw another cute idea online that I HAD to DIY. And that turned into six shirts that I'm making! I'm covered for every day of our trip. :laughing:

Love the ears too, those are adorable! If we were going to a MNSSHP I would definitely buy those.

That's great that you will be doing 2 parties! Honestly, that would be pretty ideal for me too because there is SO much stuff I want to do at the party and I worry we won't have enough time. But the tickets are so expensive, we just couldn't swing it this time. But hopefully we will get to attend more parties in the future!

I really love all of your Disney purchases, especially the Halloween ears and the last Minnie shirt! So cute!

Haha love the shirts! I didn't wear ANY themed shirts on our last trip, and just like you, I started with wanting to make one. Then I saw another cute idea online that I HAD to DIY. And that turned into six shirts that I'm making! I'm covered for every day of our trip. :laughing:

Love the ears too, those are adorable! If we were going to a MNSSHP I would definitely buy those.

Haha I am glad to see someone in the same exact boat as me! It can be quite addicting! :lmao:

That's great that you will be doing 2 parties! Honestly, that would be pretty ideal for me too because there is SO much stuff I want to do at the party and I worry we won't have enough time. But the tickets are so expensive, we just couldn't swing it this time. But hopefully we will get to attend more parties in the future!

I really love all of your Disney purchases, especially the Halloween ears and the last Minnie shirt! So cute!

The tickets ARE expensive, but we've definitely cut costs in other areas that are allowing us to splurge for it. But yes, it definitely gives you a reason to do more in the future!

And thank you! :)

Before I get to Day 7 plans I just need to share my extreme excitement- I got a dinner reservation at BOG!!

ad47a8f6-16c2-4077-9c0e-dc68888c4b0c.jpg

I kept checking occasionally to see if anything would open up, but no luck. The other day when the updated October hours came out, I saw the hours were extended for our MK day from 9pm to 10pm. With fingers crossed I kept checking to see if any tables opened up during the extended hour and they did!! I ended up with a 9:15 reservation, which means we have to skip Wishes. But since we will be seeing Hallowishes twice and we get to EAT DINNER AT BE OUR GUEST, I think it's a sacrifice worth making! I am BEYOND excited! I was satisfied with just eating lunch there as long as I got to be inside the castle, but deep down I really wanted to eat dinner there. I cannot WAIT to meet the Beast and try the grey stuff and ajsjdfsfs, just so many feels! haha

DAY 7 PLANS - OCTOBER 8TH

Our last full day in the parks :( Despite the late night we had prior, we will of course be up early to hit rope drop at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!

88426e1c-a8c1-44b5-a411-033d13cfa7cf.jpg

I enjoy this park alot; maybe it's because once you get the major headliners done you can kind of go at your own pace. The plan is to head straight to TSMM, grab a FP and then ride standby. After that I'd like to head to Woody & Buzz M&G to be there at 9:15 when the characters arrive. I've heard how long this line can get so I think this is our best shot at getting it done with little wait. After that, I'd like to check out the characters that meet out by the Hat! We will ride TSMM once our FP window opens up and I'd also like to try and grab another set to ride again later if possible!

1501091d-66f7-403d-9d56-b8cb55dc1fab.jpg

After that I'd like to do Great Movie Ride, a class at the Animation Academy, meet Sorcerer Mickey, see Voyage of the Little Mermaid, ride Star Tours, see MuppetVision, meet Mike & Sully! Oh and of course squeeze in lunch! I'm aiming to attend the 3pm show of Beauty & the Beast. I was very sad that it was closed for refurb on my last trip so I can't wait to see it! At some point we'll also grab a FP for Tower of Terror to ride at some point. You may be wondering where I squeeze in Rock n Rollercoaster. Well...I don't :scared1: I am not a fan of rides that go upside down and though I love every other coaster ride at Disney, this one just isn't for me. Last trip I went on it several times because it was one of DBF's faves, so at least I can say I have tried it haha but I know my parents would not enjoy it so we are just going to skip it.

At some point we will also be riding TSMM with the fast passes we got earlier, depending on what our return time is! I am hoping Characterpalooza will still be going on because I definitely want to take part in that! As of now it seems it will take place twice: once at Echo Lake and once at Streets of America. I'd like to try and attend both if we can make it happen.

Then we will probably just grab some dinner and head over to line up for Fantasmic at 8pm. I'd like to line up no later than 7pm so we can get a great spot.

4515ca55-b6fd-482d-8b6e-8aeedfb20895.jpg

Once Fantasmic is over the park will be closed so we'll just be heading to the buses and back to Pop Century for our last night :(

-Characterpalooza
-Meet Mike & Sully
-Meet Woody & Buzz

I love Hollywood studios! That sounds like a perfect day to me (except skipping RNR-I have to ride it!! Love!!).

And-WOOHOO :woohoo::cool1::yay: on be our guest dinner ADR! So exciting! I'm glad you found an opening after all!

Joining in :wave: Hello!

It looks like a great plan so far! Thank you for posting the magic band pictures. They are bigger than I expected!

That is so exciting you got a reservation at BOG!

I love Hollywood studios! That sounds like a perfect day to me (except skipping RNR-I have to ride it!! Love!!).

And-WOOHOO :woohoo::cool1::yay: on be our guest dinner ADR! So exciting! I'm glad you found an opening after all!

LOL I know I'm in the minority with my RNR opinion :rotfl:

And thank you!!!

Joining in :wave: Hello!

It looks like a great plan so far! Thank you for posting the magic band pictures. They are bigger than I expected!

That is so exciting you got a reservation at BOG!

Hi! And Welcome! :yay:

Thank you! It will be interesting to test out the bands and see them in action!

I will be stopping by your PTR soon! :thumbsup2

The 10 day mark has arrived! We are all absolutely over the moon excited and hope these next days go fast! I have my luggage out and have already started packing a few things! On another note, I was able to secure a FP+ reservation for lunch at BOG. It seems things are really falling into place for this restaurant on this trip!

DAY 8 PLANS - OCTOBER 9TH

Ah Departure Day :( Luckily we have a late flight home, so there is time to get one last Disney fix before heading to the airport! This morning we will be heading to Animal Kingdom! I will be very excited to reunite with my love, Expedition Everest <3

b45d6b6f-fde9-420e-8c8c-ba428d591d0c.jpg

Before heading over we will store our bags at the hotel. I am not sure if we will get to AK for rope drop, but I am sure we will get there not too long after! Our flight home leaves at 8pm, so I'm figuring MDE will be picking us up around 4:30-5:00. I think we will probably head out of AK around 3 and if we have to time to kill just walk around the resort, grab a snack, and do any last minute shopping at the gift shop!

c86cdba7-f6dc-41de-a937-28d34d79a16d.jpg

Once we get to AK I think we will head straight to Africa and grab a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris. While we wait we can exploer the Pangani Forest Trail and maybe the Discovery Island Trails. I did neither of those last trip, so add that to the list of firsts! After we ride KS, it's over to Asia to grab a FP for Expedition Everest! After that I was thinking of riding Dinosaur and checking out Mickey & Minnie's new M&G area- I'm so excited that they are meeting together!! I think it will be close to lunchtime now, so we will probably eat at Flame Tree Barbeque which I LOVED last trip! Our FPs for Everest should be up now, so we'll grab another set for later before riding!

Then while we wait for our second set of FPs to be up, we'll probably check out the Maharajah Jungle Trek. After we ride EE again I'd like to try and head over to Camp Minnie Mickey to try and meet some characters if the waits are short!

e47467cf-9f70-4ef1-a619-9399491f58cb.jpg

Then sadly I think it will be time to head back to the hotel and say goodbye to Disney :(

-Pangani Forest & Discovery Island Trails
-Meet Mickey & Minnie together at Adventurer's Outpost

In my next post I'll be posting my revised MNSSHP plans :)

10 days! YAY! But boo for reading about your last day at Disney. :( Thinking about our last day gets me sad already. I read a book once where the main character was described as "one of those girls who gets sad about vacation being over before the vacation even begins." That's me! But you have an amazing trip planned, I know you will have an awesome time! In just 10 days!! :jumping1:

Are you keeping both BOG reservations, or just the lunch one now?

10 days! YAY! But boo for reading about your last day at Disney. :( Thinking about our last day gets me sad already. I read a book once where the main character was described as "one of those girls who gets sad about vacation being over before the vacation even begins." That's me! But you have an amazing trip planned, I know you will have an awesome time! In just 10 days!! :jumping1:

Are you keeping both BOG reservations, or just the lunch one now?

Yay thank you for sharing in my excitement! The end of a vacation is always sad, but I think the end of a DISNEY vacation is always even sadder! I know I am going to be itching for another trip to plan (even though I don't think that will be for quite a while :sad:)

I am keeping both reservations! We are going to do lunch on our first MK and dinner on our second MK day. We figured since the menus are different we can get 2 different experiences out of it!

Your trip is so close! How exciting! Animal kingdom looks like a great way to ind down the Disney trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter