A Toddler and Tiaras: An August TR! Updated 2/2 EPCOT!

misscmac

Mouseketeer
Now that we have less than a month to go we thought it was just the right time to start our pre-trip report!

Who are we?

6-27-2015 Jen and Mike's Wedding! 148 edit.jpg
There we are!

My husband (Justin), daughter (Addie), and me (Christine)! A little more about us:

Me - Full-time teacher, full-time mom, and part-time Disney schemer (this means I put the bug in J's ear about going, and continue to subtly/not-so-subtly drop hints until our next WDW trip is booked). This is my 13th trip to the World!

Justin - Full-time teacher, full-time dad, and full-time family vacation planner :goodvibes While I may tease him about his "clipboard of fun" he is the brains behind all of our travel plans.

Addie - Our daughter, who is 2 going on 20 :rotfl:This will be her fourth trip to the World and every trip with her has been an adventure. There have been challenges...

334.jpg

but moments like this make it worth it

8-18-2014 to 8-22-2014 Disney! 177.jpg

She will turn 3 very soon after our trip, so this is her last trip before we will have to buy her park tickets.

My mom (Grammy) will also be joining us for a few days, as she has in the past!

cropped.jpg

Attachments

• 6-27-2015 Jen and Mike's Wedding! 148 edit.jpg
    6-27-2015 Jen and Mike's Wedding! 148 edit.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now that the "who" is covered, here are a few more trip details :)

When: Tuesday, August 11 - Wednesday August 19

Where: We became DVC Members in 2011 and are excited to be trying the Beach Club Villas for the first time! We will be staying in a Studio room. Any advice or suggestions for this resort are welcome! We stayed nearby at the Boardwalk Villas for a few previous trips and absolutely love the location.

We are not doing a meal plan, but have booked five table service reservations:

Yak and Yeti (lunch)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner date :love:)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Kona Cafe (dinner)
Be Our Guest (dinner)

We have not been to any of these restaurants before, and cannot wait to try them!

Our (Tentative) Plans

Before Addison was born, we would spend ALL DAY in the parks when we traveled to Disney; we were hardly ever at the hotel. Now...we tour the parks very differently :rotfl:We usually try to plan for a mid-day break in the afternoon, and head back to the hotel for a nap. We have a good idea of what we would like to do each day, but ultimately our daily plans will be dictated by a 2 year old! Here's what we're thinking:

Tuesday 8/11/15: Arrive at MCO around 9:30 AM, check-in, and head to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon/evening. We currently have FP+ for Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Wednesday 8/12/2015: Animal Kingdom in the morning for EMH, and a lunch reservation at Yak and Yeti. In the afternoon we head to Hollywood Studios, where we have FP+ for the Frozen Sing-Along, Voyage if the Little Mermaid, and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Thursday 8/13/2015: Sleep in (as much as the toddler will allow!) Grammy arrives late morning, and then we all head to AK in the afternoon. We have FP+ reservations for Kilomanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, and Everest.

Friday 8/14/2015: We will head to EPCOT, where we have FP+ for Turtle Talk with Crush, Soarin', and Spaceship Earth. This evening we have a dining reservation for Yachtsman Steakhouse for just the two of us, while Grammy watches Addie.

Saturday 8/15/2015: Early morning reservation at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the MK! Later we have FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. That evening we will head to the Grand Floridian for dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Sunday 8/16/2015: Grammy leaves mid-morning. We will get a late start and head to DHS for FP+ at Rock n' Roller Coaster, MuppetVision 3D, and Tower of Terror.

Monday 8/17/2015: This morning is up in the air; possibly some pool time or head over to EPCOT. I have an early afternoon treatment booked at the Grand Floridian, and then will meet Justin and Addie at MK for some afternoon/evening FP+: Buzz Lightyear, Meet Mickey, and Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel. We have a dining reservation for Kona Cafe this evening.

Tuesday 8/18/2015: Last full day will bring us back to MK again! We have FP+ for Splash Mountain, Anna & Elsa, and Dumbo. Our last dinner in Disney will be at Be Our Guest

Wednesday 8/19/2015: Departure day :(

Only 25 days to go!

Today the letter carrier brought us the best kind of mail...Mickey mail!

7-16-2015 Mickey Mail Part 2.JPG

Last week he also delivered these...

7-9-2015 Mickey Mail Part 1.jpg

Has anyone had luck personalizing their Magic Bands? I've come across a lot of pictures on the Dis and on some other websites with some great ideas, but always wonder how the personalized bands hold up when actually being used. Thoughts?

How exciting to get your magic bands! I can't wait for that Mickey Mail.
I've seen pictures of cute personalized ones but I haven't done it.

How exciting to get your magic bands! I can't wait for that Mickey Mail.
I've seen pictures of cute personalized ones but I haven't done it.

Thanks for reading! As for the bands, I have a pretty good feeling I would ruin them so unless I am able to find some cute decals, they will probably stay as-is :laughing:

Our trips overlap! We are also doing a date night at Yachtsman's Steakhouse for our 5th anniversary dinner though a few days before you. I have a surprise mini-cake ordered for dessert... Which I just realized I never mentioned in my PTR!

Subbing in and can't wait to read more. You're going to LOVE staying at BCV and being DVC members! It has completely changed the way we go to WDW. Originally we hit the parks commando-style thinking we had to go-go-go the entire day. With DVC, we know we'll be back soon so our trips are much more relaxed. We hit the parks early and then during midday when they are crowded the most and the hottest, we walk back to the resort or take a bus to chill out by the pool or rest in the room. When the crowds start easing up around 5-6, we go back to the parks and our dinner ADR. It has made our trips much more enjoyable. At BCV, we always request an upper floor room with a quiet pool view near the elevator. It has worked out well for us. Here's a tip for staying at BCV and walking to EPCOT...when you leave the Villas and are walking towards the main lobby, take your first left about halfway before you get to the doors to the Beachclub Marketplace. Then turn right and the walkway will meander around BC until it emerges on the main area in front of BC. You bypass having to go through the lobby at BC and save quite a few steps to the International Gateway into EPCOT.

I'm looking forward to more of your TR.

Our trips overlap! We are also doing a date night at Yachtsman's Steakhouse for our 5th anniversary dinner though a few days before you. I have a surprise mini-cake ordered for dessert... Which I just realized I never mentioned in my PTR!

Hope you enjoy Yachtsman...great minds think alike ;)

Subbing in and can't wait to read more. You're going to LOVE staying at BCV and being DVC members! It has completely changed the way we go to WDW. Originally we hit the parks commando-style thinking we had to go-go-go the entire day. With DVC, we know we'll be back soon so our trips are much more relaxed. We hit the parks early and then during midday when they are crowded the most and the hottest, we walk back to the resort or take a bus to chill out by the pool or rest in the room. When the crowds start easing up around 5-6, we go back to the parks and our dinner ADR. It has made our trips much more enjoyable. At BCV, we always request an upper floor room with a quiet pool view near the elevator. It has worked out well for us. Here's a tip for staying at BCV and walking to EPCOT...when you leave the Villas and are walking towards the main lobby, take your first left about halfway before you get to the doors to the Beachclub Marketplace. Then turn right and the walkway will meander around BC until it emerges on the main area in front of BC. You bypass having to go through the lobby at BC and save quite a few steps to the International Gateway into EPCOT.

I'm looking forward to more of your TR.

Thanks for joining! My husband and I used to tour commando-style as well and really have to make an effort to take a more relaxed approach :rotfl:Thank you for the advice on Beach Club! We have only ever gone in to eat at Cape May so its completely unfamiliar territory for us, but I am SO looking forward to trying this resort.

I am a teacher, and am lucky enough to be off for the summer! That extra free time, coupled with a slight addiction to Pinterest, has sparked a few projects. Unfortunately, most of those projects do not turn out as intended...I've had a couple of epic Pinterest fails but it hasn't stopped me from trying again :rotfl:

One recent project I attempted was a homemade autograph book for Addison to bring to the parks. This one actually was a success, although now that I know that, I am wishing I had had gotten a little more creative with the design!

I followed the instructions on this website:

http://preschoolears.com/blog/diy-disney-autograph-books-2/

The total cost for this project was just under $5.00 :banana:

I purchased the pink cardstock for the front and back cover ($0.70), and already had the white index cards and the letter stickers. The total for the lamination and the spiral binding was $4.24 at Staples. Can't go wrong for that price!

The final product:

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

I am happy with how it came out! I am really glad I used the larger size index cards; I think the pages are slightly bigger than the standard autograph books sold in the park...and this was probably less expensive too! :thumbsup2

You're going to love BCV. Always loved staying at BC and really love BCV (my home resort). Astonishingly great location and resort in general.

Hope your trip is terrific.

We always sneak around INSIDE BC down the first hallway to the left of the Marketplace. You jig and jog for a short distance (inside, which is great in inclement weather) and it lets you out by the quiet pool.....walk around the pool and you are VERY close to Epcot. I want to describe it to my daughter for her upcoming trip and I need to look at a map to get it clearer. BUT it's a great way to Epcot. Honestly better than around outside (which we used to do).

We always sneak around INSIDE BC down the first hallway to the left of the Marketplace. You jig and jog for a short distance (inside, which is great in inclement weather) and it lets you out by the quiet pool.....walk around the pool and you are VERY close to Epcot. I want to describe it to my daughter for her upcoming trip and I need to look at a map to get it clearer. BUT it's a great way to Epcot. Honestly better than around outside (which we used to do).

I have no idea what the layout of BCV is (and haven't looked at a map :eek:) but I will definitely be referring back to this once we are there - thanks!

Only 15 days to go!

I started another little craft project the other day (again, more time on my hands than I am used too!) and attempted to make a hair bow for Addie out of ribbon. My first few attempts didn't come out so great, but I am pretty happy with one that I did yesterday. I followed the instructions in this video (for the most part):

HAIR BOW VIDEO

IMG_4427.JPG

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

I have tons of extra ribbon, and am thinking I will make additional bows as party favors for Addison's Minnie Mouse birthday in a couple months!

Anyone else go a little craft crazy before a trip? I think t-shirts are my next project...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I've started quite a few projects for this trip, including tshirts and a bunch of projects for my sister's wedding.

Good job on the hair bow! We are trying to come up with our Inside Out costumes but otherwise I haven't been crafty for this trip.
Only 15 days to go! That's so exciting!

One week closer and a few more projects completed! Addison is sick with a fever so we've been stuck home, which has turned out to be a perfect opportunity to make some shirts for our trip!

First, I purchased THIS iron-on transfer material for my mom (her favorite print :cutie:). Using this type of iron-on was so much better than the printed transfer sheets I've attempted to use in the past. I printed out a Mickey head template to trace directly on to the material, and after a quick cut and iron, her shirt was ready!

IMG_4505.JPG

For my shirt, I used THESE iron-on sheets. They do not have a paper backing and are flimsy, which makes them a little more difficult to cut. I was doing a more intricate shape for this one so I used an Exacto knife, however it still took a while! Once it was cut, it ironed on to the shirt very easily!

IMG_4506.JPG

I decided to make a coordinating one for my mom as well:

IMG_4507.JPG

I love the personalized shirts available on Etsy, but have a hard time with the prices! Most were about $20 each (x 4) plus shipping :scared: I was able to get the leopard transfer for $2.00 and 1 package (4 different color sheets) of the glitter transfers for $8.00. I also like the DIY option because then I can choose the style and size shirt I want.

I still have a small amount of leopard material and nearly 3 sheets worth of glitter material left, so depending on how long we are stuck home with this mystery virus, I may find time to make a few more shirts!
:rolleyes:

We're back! We were sad to leave, but really had a wonderful trip! I am trying to organize all of our pictures now (nearly 1000 :scared:) and then will start our trip report! Stay tuned...

I have you moved. It is easy to get that many pictures. Easy to weed out the bad ones too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter