A Tale of WDW in the "Terrible 2s" - Days 3 & 4 Completed =)

After our trip to Rafiki's Planet Watch we headed back to use some FPs for the Safari. It turns out we didn't need the FPs because it was a walk on.

We ended up having a great safari and afterwards we were discussing where to eat lunch. We really wanted to try Flame Tree BBQ, but my mom was really complaining at that point so we decided to head back to the resort instead.

I was pretty bummed, but we trudged back to the entrance and found the van and headed back to CBR.

As a side note, it was SO HOT at AK this day. Why is it that AK is always so much hotter than the other parks? You think all the foliage there would make it cooler, but not so much. :laughing:

When we got back to CBR we drove around the whole resort and decided to just park at OPR.

This was the day that Gabe was a wild man in the food court. He refused to put his shoes on and was running around all over the food court while we were trying to get our food and no one would help me catch him. I guess that's just the life of a mommy. :laughing:

After we were seated with our food Gabe settled down nicely and we all relaxed and enjoyed the A/C.

After lunch Gabe crashed for a nice long nap and my mom and I hit up the gift shop at CBR....again. :laughing:

After everyone was rested up we headed back to Epcot that evening. I think we left the hotel at about 4:00.

After a restful break we left CBR at about 4:00 to head back to Epcot.

After getting through the gates we saw that SSE was a walk on so on we went. This was definitely a favorite for everyone on this trip.

After SSE we headed towards the World Showcase. We spent quite a while exploring Canada - Gabe was fascinated by the waterfalls. We thought about catching the movie, but the timing wasn't right.

Gabe spotted the phone booth and had some fun playing inside.

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

After checking out Canada and the UK, we stopped and got Fish & Chips and sat on the outside patio to eat. After we finished our quick meal the boys spotted a bunch of ducks right over the fence and spent a few minutes trying to feed them crackers. :rolleyes1

After playing with the ducks, we moved on to France where Gabe fell in love with a little stuffed Marie cat (from Aristocats). Daddy bought it for him and we had a very happy boy.

We stopped at the french bakery and got some goodies to share. Right after we finished our treats I started to smell something not so sweet. Gabe had made a mess in his pull up. No problem I would just take him to the bathroom to clean up and change.....except for I forgot to refill the diaper bag with pull ups. Oh no! :scared1:

Steve and I decided to hunt down the Baby Care Center ASAP to clean up poor Gabe. A CM told us that it was at the front of the park. At that point we were right next to the Friendship Boat Dock so we decided to take the boat to the other side of the lagoon.

As we were boarding the boat I noticed Marie was missing. Oh no! DH took off in the hunt for Marie and said he would meet us on the other side of the lagoon.

While we were crossing the lagoon I called DH but he had not found Marie. I was very sad, but knew that these things happen.

When we got off at the boat at the other side I was shocked to see DH there - he had walked super fast. :laughing:

Together we headed toward the front of the park and stopped again to ask the location of the Baby Care Center. The new CM told us it was in the Odyssey building so we had gone too far. Oh well, we quickly backtracked and found our way to the Baby Care Center at last.

Once inside the BCC they did not have any pull-ups and the biggest diapers they had were size 4, but it was better than nothing. I happily paid a small fortune for 6 diapers and we were off to the changing room.:rotfl:

We finally got the boy all cleaned up and he was so happy. He was so patient waiting for all that drama to get changed. In hind sight I think maybe this event put him over the "Number 2" hump for potty-training. It was so unpleasant that he has only used the toilet ever since. :rotfl:

After a successful, but expensive, trip to the Baby Care Center we were back out in the World Showcase. We called my parents to meet up. They were waiting for us in Japan. We booked it back around the Lagoon and found my parents pretty easily. Guess what? They had Marie! What a relief. Gabe was so happy. :cloud9:

The next few hours were really nice we just leisurely walked all around the countries and took everything in.

I had my camera with me, but I hardly took any pictures this day. :confused3

Soon it was time for Illuminations so we headed toward the same spot as the night before and waited for the show to start.

Here is Gabe watching the show:

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

Dirty pants drama aside we had such a nice, relaxing evening. We all decided that Epcot is our favorite park at night. It's so relaxing and pretty and Illuminations is a fantastic show. :lovestruc

Hmmm, I may have to "accidentally" forget DS's pull-ups the next time we go out and see if that helps the potty training move along a bit faster...:scratchin

Epcot is our favorite park at night too, I just love strolling around the WS at night, looking at the beautiful lit-up buildings, enjoying the variety of music, the ambience, I love everything about it! :lovestruc

When we got back to the hotel that night I started packing everything up since we were checking out in the morning. :guilty: I hate the end of Disney trips.

After a good night's sleep we were up for our last day. Like usual, we headed to OPR for breakfast. After breakfast the boys were back to feeding all the critters. :laughing:

First some birds....

IMG_3591.jpg

And then the turtles....

IMG_3592.jpg

They had a whole plate of breakfast leftovers to feed the fish and turtles and Gabe kept taking the food and eating it himself. It was so funny.

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

After breakfast we loaded up the van and said goodbye to CBR. I was sad to go. We decided that we really loved CBR. My dad decided he liked CBR better than POFQ, my mom said she liked POFQ the best, and DH and I couldn't decide between the two. :cutie:

For our last day we headed to Hollywood Studios. Once inside the park we headed straight for TSMM. The line was about 30 minutes so we decided to do stand by. It felt like it took forever, but finally we were on.

We all thought it was.....OK. :confused3 Very cute ride for sure, but not worthy of all the hype IMO. Please don't hate me. :rotfl:

After TSMM we headed to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. This place is AMAZING. Even better than the Boneyard at AK I think. Gabe loved it! He was having so much fun we actually stayed there for almost an hour.

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

The playgrounds at AK & HS are such a great idea. I wish they had a larger playground at MK and a playground at Epcot.

After playtime we headed towards the Sci-Fi Diner for our early lunch ADR. This meal was fun. Our waitress was really friendly and the movie clips kept Gabe's attention so I was able to eat with some peace. :cloud9:

My food was only OK (I got the grilled chicken sandwich) but everyone else really enjoyed theirs. I'm glad we got to experience this restaurant but I don't think we'll go back anytime soon.

IMG_3622.jpg

After lunch we were all getting really tired. The (record breaking) heat was just so oppressive this trip. We live in South Florida, but I always forget that Orlando is so much hotter since it's farther inland.

We really wanted to see the Playhouse Disney show so we shopped and used our last snack credits waiting for the next showtime.

Finally it was showtime and in we went. Gabe LOVED this show. It was definitely a hit. He was singing along and generally just having a ball. :lovestruc

IMG_3625.jpg

After the show we sadly said goodbye to Disney World and started the trip home. As soon as we were in the nice cool car, the little man was out for the count. :laughing:

IMG_3640.jpg

All too soon our trip was over. :guilty:

Coming up - closing thoughts. :goodvibes

Closing Thoughts:

* What a great trip! Although we had a few challenging moments, I wouldn't change this trip for anything. What special memories with our little man. :lovestruc

* The Dining Plan is such a great idea, but it's not for us - at least not until Gabe is older. We decided to stick to CS for our next few trips. :thumbsup2

* We love the Mods!!! I actually had booked our first Deluxe for Spring Break, but my frugal (read cheap :rotfl:) heart couldn't handle it and I cancelled it. I am planning on rebooking for either POR or CSR. I really want CSR, but everyone else wants POR. :laughing:

* MNSSHP is a fantastic event and we plan on making it an annual tradition.

* September is a HOT month to travel. I think next Sept we may just stay at the hotel in the AMs to swim or hit the water parks, and then go to the parks at night.

* Room only discounts are better for us than Free Dining.

Thank you to all my readers. It's been a pleasure getting to know so many of you during my PTR and TR. :flower3:

Hmmm, I may have to "accidentally" forget DS's pull-ups the next time we go out and see if that helps the potty training move along a bit faster...:scratchin

Epcot is our favorite park at night too, I just love strolling around the WS at night, looking at the beautiful lit-up buildings, enjoying the variety of music, the ambience, I love everything about it! :lovestruc

When we got home from Disney we actually decided to go "cold turkey" on the potty training and just put Gabe in underwear.

I am very proud to say that he is now officially potty-trained. :dance3: It's been 2 months and he's only had a few accidents. He really gets it.

If we put a pull-up on him he would still pee in it, but he knows the difference between pull-ups and underwear and he's doing great. :cheer2:

We still use pull-ups at night and naptime though. I think overnight training will take a while and I'm OK with that. :goodvibes

Good luck!!! PTing took about 9 months here from start to finish, but it eventually happens, I promise. :flower3:

* We love the Mods!!! I actually had booked our first Deluxe for Spring Break, but my frugal (read cheap :rotfl:) heart couldn't handle it and I cancelled it. I am planning on rebooking for either POR or CSR. I really want CSR, but everyone else wants POR. :laughing:

Well, if you're in charge of planning, you could tell everyone else that POR was full on the dates you wanted. ;)

When we got home from Disney we actually decided to go "cold turkey" on the potty training and just put Gabe in underwear.

I've been thinking about doing that lately, but I wanted to do it on days I would be home with DS since I usually work FT, and we are so busy on the weekends. I have some PTO with him this week and next since the sitter it out of town, so I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry your tr is finished, I really enjoyed reading it, especially your insights into going to the world with a toddler. I can't wait until I get to go with my grandson next year! Thanks for writing!

Terri

Well, if you're in charge of planning, you could tell everyone else that POR was full on the dates you wanted. ;)

That thought had crossed my mind. :rotfl:

I've been thinking about doing that lately, but I wanted to do it on days I would be home with DS since I usually work FT, and we are so busy on the weekends. I have some PTO with him this week and next since the sitter it out of town, so I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2

Great idea! My dad actually watches DS while I work so it was key that he was totally involved in the process.

Good luck!!! :goodvibes

Great updates; I'm sorry your trip is over!

I'm sad it's over too. :laughing: Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

I'm sorry your tr is finished, I really enjoyed reading it, especially your insights into going to the world with a toddler. I can't wait until I get to go with my grandson next year! Thanks for writing!

Terri

Thanks for reading! You are going to have a wonderful time with your grandson. :goodvibes

I may end up doing a TR for our short holiday trip next month if I time. :cutie:

I am so glad your parents found marie. And look at the bright side of the pooping incident. He is now going on the potty.:banana: There is always a positive. I would also agree the epcot is the best night time park with MK being a close 2nd. I also felt like AK was a million degrees hotter too.:confused3
I loved reading your PTR and TR. Glad to get to know you on here. I would agree with alot of your comments. Sept. is hot for sure. Mods are great and still a value. Deluxe are special but the money you pay is a little ridiculous, especially with small kids. I wish we lived close enough to make MNSSHP a yearly tradition because that is such an awesome experience. I am excited to hear how your next trip goes. Are you doing a pre trippie for that one?

Great idea! My dad actually watches DS while I work so it was key that he was totally involved in the process.

Good luck!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I let DS walk around naked all morning and he used the bathroom 3 times (#1 & #2!!) and had NO accidents! :banana::banana: He only went in the diaper once, when we were out at the dentist office and running errands.

Now if I can just convince DH and my mom to do this the next 2 days while they are with him....

Thanks! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I let DS walk around naked all morning and he used the bathroom 3 times (#1 & #2!!) and had NO accidents! :banana::banana: He only went in the diaper once, when we were out at the dentist office and running errands.

Now if I can just convince DH and my mom to do this the next 2 days while they are with him....

Woohoo!!!! That is great news!!! I think the main thing that helped us be successful this time was that Gabe was ready, but honestly I think I wasn't really ready - diapers are just so easy and no fear of accidents. :laughing: Once I bit the bullet and did it we were good.

I am so excited for you! :goodvibes

Congrats on the potty training! We are getting ready to tackle that and I admit that I am a little worried.

What a great end to your trip. He seemed to really enjoy the Illuminations. He had such sweet reactions!

Hope you will do another TR for your next trip.

Wow, I must have missed the notice for your TR being updated! I enjoyed reading the end of it. I am glad you had so much watching Illuminations--it is on my must do list. I have never seen it!

I have to admit, I am nervous about the TS almost everyday. We do not eat out much at sit down restaurants so it will be fun for sure. I am planning on packing an activity bag to take with us (coloring books, crayons, etc) to help keep her occupied.

Love the pictures Gabe took! I had to laugh at him taking pictures of his boy parts--such a boy thing to do. :rotfl: DD loves taking pictures too. :)

:thumbsup2 to potty training!! DD is almost done (occasional accident and we still have her in pull ups at night.) I am not as worried about the nighttime right now--she is doing great during the day. Boy, does that ever save money! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter