A Tale of WDW in the "Terrible 2s" - Days 3 & 4 Completed =)

Joining in! Love your title...it is something I'm sure that I will be facing in my near future, since my son just turned 2. It's nice that you live close enough to take shorter trips. So glad that you go the room that you wanted!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a nap for you son happened.

Welcome!!! I'm so glad you're joining in! :goodvibes

Hopefully your DS will never go through the Terrible 2's. For the first 6 months of his 2nd year my DS was positively delightful! I really thought we had dodged the bullet, but that was not to be. :rotfl:

I am joining in as well. We make the trip in a few weeks with three little ones. They will all be 2 when we get there. But the eldest two (twins) turn three down there. It will be interesting to hear your experiences.

I'm a little behind and just saw that you started your TR. So glad to see that you are back and can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Your beginning is hilarious. My youngest DS is in the terrible two's now. Can be ever so charming and sweet but it also scares the bejeebies out of me about how he will be at disney. The things I am most fearful of are how he will be at the sit down meals(NOT a good thing right now and we avoid them like the plague,lol) and how the nap thing will go. He is very used to getting a two hour nap as well. I hate to leave the parks for about 3 hours because we are all day park people and usually stay from open to close but I don't think missing his nap would be a good idea. I'm hoping for some disney magic on the terrible two's. I can't wait to hear about how your little one was so hopefully I will be more comforted and prepared. Plus we are also staying at CBR so glad to see/hear about that as well.

Great start to your TR!! :)

I'm glad to see you got on the road reasonably on-time. I don't think I've managed that, and I don't even have kids yet! I also agree with you about stopping for breakfast, I'd rather get there faster too, but on the other hand, Cracker Barrel does have a great breakfast!

I'm so happy to see that you got your room request! I've stayed at CBR a few times and I really love the resort. It is a little spread out, but I don't think that it is unmanageable. I'm excited to hear about how the rest of your trip went!

Your son is so cute!!! The picture of him with his PopPop is so sweet!!!:goodvibes

Yay!!:yay: for getting your request!!! CBR looks like such a beautiful resort with so much to see. I can understand why you decided to hang around the resort to check it out.;)

"The power of Stacy":rotfl: too funny--my boys react the same way when they watch her.:laughing:

Can't wait for more....popcorn::

Yay for getting all of your room requests! We had similar luck, and I think it definitely helped to do the online checkin. We also faxed our requests to POP, and that helped a lot too. Can't wait to read more, and I'm so glad for you that your son took a great nap. Hopefully that meant a fun afternoon and evening!

Hi, :wave2: I'm joining in :surfweb:I have a two year old DD:littleangel: So I think your TR will be fun to read. I know how it can be :lmao::lmao::lmao: My DD:littleangel:is not always a :littleangel: We are waiting to go to Disney :wizard: You are off to a good start, sounds fun so far. We call are grandpa poppop too and grandma is mommom (too cute DS holding poppop's hand) Looking forward to reading :tink:

Looking forward to the rest of your TR. We hope to be in WDW in January with our 2 yr old little boy. He will be 2 in November and is also "spirited". :yay:

I am worried about napping/sleeping away from home as our son is not one to sleep in the car or stroller...or anywhere else away from home. Should be interesting...

Dawn

I am joining in as well. We make the trip in a few weeks with three little ones. They will all be 2 when we get there. But the eldest two (twins) turn three down there. It will be interesting to hear your experiences.

Welcome!!! We did have some challenging moments, but overall we had a wonderful time.

Joining in:goodvibes

We were at the beach for the past few days so I am so behind in everyone's reports!

Yay!!! I'm so glad you're here!

I'm a little behind and just saw that you started your TR. So glad to see that you are back and can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Your beginning is hilarious. My youngest DS is in the terrible two's now. Can be ever so charming and sweet but it also scares the bejeebies out of me about how he will be at disney. The things I am most fearful of are how he will be at the sit down meals(NOT a good thing right now and we avoid them like the plague,lol) and how the nap thing will go. He is very used to getting a two hour nap as well. I hate to leave the parks for about 3 hours because we are all day park people and usually stay from open to close but I don't think missing his nap would be a good idea. I'm hoping for some disney magic on the terrible two's. I can't wait to hear about how your little one was so hopefully I will be more comforted and prepared. Plus we are also staying at CBR so glad to see/hear about that as well.

Welcome!!! You hit the nail on the head with your concerns - those were our biggest issues too. Sit down meals were definitely our most challenging times. Does your DS nap in his stroller at all? Mine doesn't anymore so naps were important for us. :goodvibes

Great start to your TR!! :)

I'm glad to see you got on the road reasonably on-time. I don't think I've managed that, and I don't even have kids yet! I also agree with you about stopping for breakfast, I'd rather get there faster too, but on the other hand, Cracker Barrel does have a great breakfast!

I'm so happy to see that you got your room request! I've stayed at CBR a few times and I really love the resort. It is a little spread out, but I don't think that it is unmanageable. I'm excited to hear about how the rest of your trip went!

Welcome!!! :dance3: We did love CBR, but I think if we stay there again we will pay for a preferred room instead of risking being really far away.

Your son is so cute!!! The picture of him with his PopPop is so sweet!!!:goodvibes

Yay!!:yay: for getting your request!!! CBR looks like such a beautiful resort with so much to see. I can understand why you decided to hang around the resort to check it out.;)

"The power of Stacy":rotfl: too funny--my boys react the same way when they watch her.:laughing:

Can't wait for more....popcorn::

Aw, thanks!! :lovestruc My dad actually watches DS for us while I work so the two of them have gotten very close - it's so sweet.

Yay for getting all of your room requests! We had similar luck, and I think it definitely helped to do the online checkin. We also faxed our requests to POP, and that helped a lot too. Can't wait to read more, and I'm so glad for you that your son took a great nap. Hopefully that meant a fun afternoon and evening!

We had an amazing evening!!! I am hoping to get that part of the report up by tonight.

Hi, :wave2: I'm joining in :surfweb:I have a two year old DD:littleangel: So I think your TR will be fun to read. I know how it can be :lmao::lmao::lmao: My DD:littleangel:is not always a :littleangel: We are waiting to go to Disney :wizard: You are off to a good start, sounds fun so far. We call are grandpa poppop too and grandma is mommom (too cute DS holding poppop's hand) Looking forward to reading :tink:

Welcome!!! I'm so glad you are joining in. :goodvibes

Looking forward to the rest of your TR. We hope to be in WDW in January with our 2 yr old little boy. He will be 2 in November and is also "spirited". :yay:

I am worried about napping/sleeping away from home as our son is not one to sleep in the car or stroller...or anywhere else away from home. Should be interesting...

Dawn

:welcome: My DS won't sleep in his stroller anymore either, but luckily he was so tired from all the excitement that he took good naps and slept through the night everyday.

Well in addition to some wonderful memories I also brought home a nasty respiratory infection from Disney. :sick: Yesterday was really rough and all I did all day was lay around. Today is better and I'm back at work so I'll be really busy all afternoon, but I'm hoping to post the report from our night at MNSSHP by tonight.

Uh-oh, I was hoping you would say the disney magic hit and sit down meals were ok,lol. At first I thought that maybe since the characters will be there he would be ok. Then I realized that it will probably be worse because when they aren't at our table he will be wanting to get them. I just don't plan on being able to really eat at any sit down meals myself,lol. Oh well, such is life with a two year old. Nope, DS does not nap in the stroller. I looked at our schedule and figured out that all but 3 days there is a space for us to come back to the resort for him to nap. The other 3 days I am just hoping for a miracle for him to either fall asleep in the stroller or be alright without a nap that day:rotfl: Did your son have much trouble with taking naps at the resort since he was in a different place and probably put down for a nap in a different way?

Does your DS nap in his stroller at all? Mine doesn't anymore so naps were important for us. :goodvibes
Loving your trip report so far and looking forward to hearing more.

You know one of my favorite Disneyland pictures is from a trip when my DD6 was right under 2. I recall her fighting sleep in the stroller. We were in DCA - and I kept saying we REALLY need to get out of here. But on the way out of the park - we kept passing rides my DD who is now 8 wanted to ride. My youngest was in a state like I had never seen before when we got out of the park.

My DH put her on his shoulders. By the time we got to harbor blvd she was asleep - resting her head on top of his head - and drooling. You can't see the drool in the pictures - but they are beyond cute. My DH crossed a road and walked up stairs - all with a sleeping baby on his head.

Uh-oh, I was hoping you would say the disney magic hit and sit down meals were ok,lol. At first I thought that maybe since the characters will be there he would be ok. Then I realized that it will probably be worse because when they aren't at our table he will be wanting to get them. I just don't plan on being able to really eat at any sit down meals myself,lol. Oh well, such is life with a two year old. Nope, DS does not nap in the stroller. I looked at our schedule and figured out that all but 3 days there is a space for us to come back to the resort for him to nap. The other 3 days I am just hoping for a miracle for him to either fall asleep in the stroller or be alright without a nap that day:rotfl: Did your son have much trouble with taking naps at the resort since he was in a different place and probably put down for a nap in a different way?

The sit down meals weren't horrible - they were just the most challenging thing for us. My son actually napped great in our room - We let him swim and tire himself out right before naptime everyday and I think that really helped. :goodvibes

Loving your trip report so far and looking forward to hearing more.

You know one of my favorite Disneyland pictures is from a trip when my DD6 was right under 2. I recall her fighting sleep in the stroller. We were in DCA - and I kept saying we REALLY need to get out of here. But on the way out of the park - we kept passing rides my DD who is now 8 wanted to ride. My youngest was in a state like I had never seen before when we got out of the park.

My DH put her on his shoulders. By the time we got to harbor blvd she was asleep - resting her head on top of his head - and drooling. You can't see the drool in the pictures - but they are beyond cute. My DH crossed a road and walked up stairs - all with a sleeping baby on his head.

That is so sweet! :lovestruc

Hi there! :goodvibes

Loving your TR so far!

Thank goodness for the sunglasses lady. That could have been a real tragedy. :scared1:

My boys are mesmerized by Stacy too! :laughing:

It sounds like your vacation was off to a great start and everyone is happy with the resort. That's always such a relief. Isn't CBR wonderful?! :cloud9: We are trying POR in November and are a bit nervous. Hopefully we will like it as much as we do CBR.

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

I'm on my lunch break so I have a few minutes to start posting the next installation. :goodvibes

After Gabe's nap we got him dressed in his pirate costume and headed out for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. :lovestruc

My little pirate all ready to go:

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

Mimi and the Pirate:

IMG_3122.jpg

Gabe looked so cute in his pirate costume, but unfortunately once we got to the MK he refused to wear his pirate hat anymore. Oh well, he still looked cute. :cutie:

So on the drive over to the MK my dad asked about parking and we realized we left our parking pass back in the room. Doh! :rolleyes:

DH quickly made a U-turn and we headed back to CBR to retrieve the parking pass. Unfortunately this put us a little behind schedule for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern so when we got into the park we booked it over and made it to LTT on time. :thumbsup2

Picture time!

Arriving at the MK:

IMG_3123.jpg

DH and DS on the parking tram:

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

On the monorail from the TTC to the MK:

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

DS was fascinated by the monorail:

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

The park was decorated so cutely for MNSSHP:

IMG_3134.jpg

Our first view of the castle:

IMG_3135.jpg

In all the excitement of arriving at the hotel we totally forgot to eat lunch that first day. This ended up being a bad thing beacuse by 3:30 I was dizzy and nauseus from not eating and DS was definitely out of sorts too. This was a bummer because he has been so looking forward to seeing the castle and because he was out of it he wasn't really interested. :sad1: I felt like such a bad mommy for forgetting lunch that day and we made sure not to do that again.

Up next - our dinner at LTT and the party!!! :dance3:

Great update!!!:thumbsup2

There's nothing like walking on Main Street and getting your first glimpse of the castle.:cloud9: Sorry, that you weren't feeling well.:sad2: I'm excited to hear how your dinner at LTT went and especially MNSSHP!!:yay: It's something I'm sure my boys would love to do! Hopefully, we can plan it for a future trip.

Great update!!!:thumbsup2

There's nothing like walking on Main Street and getting your first glimpse of the castle.:cloud9: Sorry, that you weren't feeling well.:sad2: I'm excited to hear how your dinner at LTT went and especially MNSSHP!!:yay: It's something I'm sure my boys would love to do! Hopefully, we can plan it for a future trip.

MNSSHP was excellent!!! I can't wait to tell you all about it. I should have time tomorrow. :goodvibes

Gabe looks so cute in his costume! Ummmm what happened to your pirate shirt?;)

Ugh! I forgot my shirt at home. It was hanging right in the dining room too and I totally spaced on packing it. I did remember my pirate hat though and my dad wore it for the party. At least I can still use my shirt for the actual Halloween. I thought Gabe looked so cute too - I loved how the costume turned out. :cloud9:

I had a really stressful morning at work so I need to post some TR to help me relax and remember our wonderful trip. :goodvibes

So we rushed to dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and arrived right on time at 4:30. Almost immediately our beeper went off - I was so happy because we were all so hungry.

We got a great table in a corner in front of a window. Immediately my dad, a retired history teacher and history buff, started checking out all the decorations.

I took some pictures at dinner, but they didn't get downloaded for some reason. :confused:

It took forever for our server to come but once he finally did the food was very good. We started with salad and rolls with honey butter and then the platter with turkey, flank steak and honey ham along with stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans. For dessert we got apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. We were all really hungry and ate a lot.

Just a note about our server - he had no personality at all - I mean ZERO. He did not crack a smile even once. Gabe has really good manners and whenever our server dropped something off at our table Gabe would say thank you and our server just ignored him. I don't know if he was just having a bad day or was a meanie in general. :confused3 It also took him FOREVER to bring the check which was frustrating. Overall, it was a good meal though. I don't think we'll go back anytime soon though unless they bring back the characters.

Up next - the party!!! :woohoo:

Right after dinner we decided to hit the Haunted Mansion. I really wasn't sure about Gabe riding this but he loves his Disneyland Halloween Sing-a-long DVD so we figured we'd give it a try.

The ride was a total walk on. We literally walked right into the room with the stretching walls - it was great.

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

Gabe did fine - he didn't seem scared at all. We really enjoyed seeing all the changes and updates.

After the Haunted Mansion we headed over to Fantasyland:

IMG_3140.jpg

Peter Pan had a 20 minute wait posted so we hopped in line:

IMG_3141.jpg

While we were in line Cinderella's carriage pulled up outside:

IMG_3142.jpg

We ended up only waiting for about 10 minutes and then had a great ride over Neverland.

After our ride I noticed the sky was looking very foreboding. I started getting very nervous that it might rain.

(you can actually see my dad from the back in this picture wearing his pirate hat :laughing:)

IMG_3146.jpg

Would the rain come and ruin our fun??? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter