A table service a day keeps the blizzard away, or maybe not... Updated 4/20 CBR Food Court

I am very late, but here nonetheless. Oh to be stuck in Disney for the blizzard rather than being right in the middle of it :worship:. Can't wait for more

My parents were here all weekend, so between that and minion 1's play I did not have time to edit any pictures. I will try to get our next day of meal reviews started by this weekend. The next big one was an amazing meal, probably the second best meal of the trip.

We plan on doing all the princess things for our trip coming up in October. I've got 3 little girls who will be 6, 7 and 8 when we go which I think are the perfect ages for princess everything! Looking forward to dinner at CRT. We did breakfast there last trip 5 years ago and it was great. We are hoping for free dining this year!

Those are the perfect ages for princesses. I've done dinner ages ago with just attriel and we loved it, it was before the character meal though. We really liked being able to see Wishes from the window. We did it both for our honeymoon and 5 year anniversary.

Fun report! I so loved the castle dinner. We likely won't go back until my daughter is older but I can't wait!

Thanks for the reviews!!

I am very late, but here nonetheless. Oh to be stuck in Disney for the blizzard rather than being right in the middle of it :worship:. Can't wait for more

Welcome. Yep, I was quite happy to end up stuck in Disney rather then in Maryland, by the time we got home at least our streets had all been plowed, which was quite nice.

I'm still alive! We've just been busy between theatre, preparing for minion 2's birthday trip to NYC and schooling the minions. I will probably not get anything up until next week after the NYC trip, but I promise I will get something up soonish.

Cinderella's Royal Table
January 14, 2016

We had a 2:20 ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch. I had originally hoped for an earlier time, but when I finally made an ADR all that was left was 2:20, so we took it. This was the one meal that the kids had no clue we were doing. We figured the girl child would love it. Princesses and the castle. We told them a few minutes before we headed over and the girl child decided to change into a princess costume. She decided to go as Elsa rather than Cinderella or Belle (yes we brought 3 costumes to the park for her that day). We headed in and got checked in about 10 minutes before our ADR time. We headed to the waiting area a few minutes later and got our pictures with Cinderella.

cinderella.jpg
OMG your shirt!! :love: It's amazing! May I ask where you found that? BTW love your reviews!

Your kids are precious! Can't wait to read about Olaf's pixie dust for your great group shot!

I'm still alive. I'm going to try to edit some pictures today, but no promises since it is my birthday. I really hope to get the next days worth of dining done this week though.

I got the braised short rib, with wilted spinach and mashed potatoes. This was great. I really enjoyed it. It was a great size for me as well.
crt_sarah.jpg
This looks AMAZING! I would do CRT for this alone. YUM!!!

I'm still alive. I'm going to try to edit some pictures today, but no promises since it is my birthday. I really hope to get the next days worth of dining done this week though.
SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!

:bday: :bday: :bday:

lalalove your report so far! you have me second guessing going to chef mickeys. Maybe I should go for crt instead?

This looks AMAZING! I would do CRT for this alone. YUM!!!

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!

:bday: :bday: :bday:

Thanks, and I finally got pictures done, update incoming. It too longer then planned since Minion 3 turned 5 on Tuesday so between my birthday and his it has been a busy week. I did get day 4 pictures done before Minion 1's birthday next Tuesday though!

lalalove your report so far! you have me second guessing going to chef mickeys. Maybe I should go for crt instead?

I was not a fan of Chef Mickey's there is so much better food out there even buffet food with characters. It is not on our list at all anymore.

Sanaa
January 15, 2016

Today was our Animal Kingdom day. We got a late start, and I don't remember what we ate for breakfast. I don't have anything in my notes as far as breakfast foods so I'm guessing we just ate snacks and such from the room. Today was a day I was looking forward to, it was our day we were eating at Sanaa. There were very few restaurants that I chose because attriel and I wanted to do them. This was one of the main ones that we both really wanted to do. After a rainy morning at Animal Kingdom we headed over to the Lodge and Kidani for lunch at Sanaa.

The parking deck was a bit crowded but we finally found parking and headed in. We were a bit early but put in our name and explored some. Attriel took the kids to look at the animals, while I dealt with a text from my niece's Mom, apparently they were staying the whole week, nothing like having that finalized the day before you leave.

We got seated by the windows so we could see the animals which was nice. Our waiter came over, he was great, but I didn't write down his name, oops. I think between a couple of last minute changes to our plans and the rain I forgot to take good notes today.

We ordered the bread service, with all the dipping sauces and I got hot tea (The Chai I think). The kids got chocolate milk and apple juice and attriel got soda I believe. The drinks and bread service came out quickly.

breadservice.jpg

Everyone loved the Naan and other breads. The kids didn't like any of the sauces and attriel and I liked about 5 of them. I know we liked two of the spicy ones, but don't remember which other ones we liked. They were good though.

Fairly soon lunch was coming out. The eldest has ordered the naan pizza.

kid_pizza.jpg

He really liked this and ate the whole thing. He was very happy with his choice.

The other two had ordered the kid shrimp.
kid_shrimp.jpg

They both liked the shrimp and the peas and corn. They were not a huge fan of the grain, but they both gave it a thumbs up.

Attriel and I both got the you pick 2.

dan_pick2.jpg

Attriel got the Spicy Durban Shrimp and Paneer Tikka. He was a fan of both. He really enjoyed this meal and liked that he had a couple of choices on the menu that weren't salmon.

my_pick2.jpg

I got the Butter Chicken and the Goan Seafood Curry. I really enjoyed both. The Butter Chicken was great. Even though we eat a decent amount of Indian at home, both of my choices were great and I really enjoyed them.

There were a lot of good dessert choices for the kids so my 3 all got the same thing. The decorative butterfly cookie with the strawberry lassi.
kid_dessert.jpg

They all enjoyed it.

We decided to split dessert and got the cheesecake.
dessert.jpg

It was good.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal here and will definitely be back. I also got to deal with a phone call to my Mom right before dessert, where I learned my cousin wasn't coming, my niece and her Mom were coming with my parents, which is why they were staying all week and had to deal with various and assorted "fun" last minute changes.

It was an awesome meal and we headed back to Animal Kingdom well fed and ready to stay and play for a few more hours. Plus the weather had cleared up. Before we left I did get a cute picture of this tortoise out the window.
turtle.jpg

I know it's been awhile, I am still here and I will review all our meals, even if it takes me awhile. On that note, onto the review.

Port Royal Food Court
January 15, 2016

After the huge Sanaa meal neither attriel or I was hugely hungry after we finished our day at Animal Kingdom. We decided to just eat at the food court for various reasons, one of them being we had a ton of quick service credits to use before midnight on Saturday. We ended up getting 3 adult meals.

Minion 1 got the chicken fingers and fries meal.
chicken_fingers.jpg

He didn't eat a ton but he said they were good and he did enjoy what he ate.

Minion 2 got Turkey, mashed potatoes and broccoli. I split her meal with her and it was very good and more then enough food for the two of us.
turkey.jpg

Minion 3 got the Salmon, mashed potatoes, corn bread and broccoli. Attriel shared with minion 3 and they both enjoyed their meal as well
salmon.jpg

The younger two both got Mickey Bars for dessert which they both enjoyed.
mickey_icecream.jpg

Minion 1 got a cupcake, that he didn't eat so we brought to the room and then it never got eaten there and ended up smushed in the car and thrown away. It looked very tasty though.
cupcake.jpg

We all enjoyed the food court and we would eat there again if we were in the area. We never ended up a Shutters which we did want to try, but the food court was quite good and got a thumbs up from everyone.

Minion 1 got a cupcake, that he didn't eat so we brought to the room and then it never got eaten there and ended up smushed in the car and thrown away. It looked very tasty though.
cupcake.jpg
SACRILEGE!!!! :eek:

No, seriously, speaking as somebody who hasn't had sugar in almost 4 months... I mourn the loss of this special, beautiful cupcake. :sad:

SACRILEGE!!!! :eek:

No, seriously, speaking as somebody who hasn't had sugar in almost 4 months... I mourn the loss of this special, beautiful cupcake. :sad:

I know right? We somehow totally forgot about the cupcake until it was beyond smushed though.

Loving your reviews!

I also cannot eat Meat (land animals) but seafood is OK.
I think I may have talked to you before in another thread about that.

I noted on my upcoming Dining that it is an allergy also,
I have an auto immune Arthritis that is triggered by eating meat, swollen joints, exhaustion.
I worry about eating out because of cross contamination, but Disney has been great about it.

Hi all, I figured I would do a dining review along with my trip report. We were at Disney World from January 12, 2016 to January 26, 2016. Our original trip was planned from the 12th - 23rd, but due to a blizzard at home we ended up stuck in Orlando for 3 extra days.

Our group ranged from just my family of 5 to 16 people. I will admit I did not always get pictures and when I did I never got pictures of anyone's food but my family. We used the dining plan for our first 4 nights, and then we moved off property. We mainly ate at Disney, though I will likely include the one big meal we ate off property.

Anyways here is a picture of my family with Anna and Elsa
intro_photo.jpg

Left to right the main members in this report are:

Dan, my husband. He has a dietary intolerance to meat (land animals), if he eats it he gets sick, so we just refer to it as an allergy. It is not a life style choice, since if he was making a life style choice he would be a meat eater. I also refer to him as attriel most of the time.

Next is me. I am Sarah, I will also answer to tabrizia. I eat most everything but olives.

Olaf is my son Sully or minion 3. He is 4 1/2 and is a decent eater, he is semi adventurous and loves seafood, especially shrimp.

Next to Olaf is my daughter Eloise or minion 2. She is 6 1/2 and is a very adventurous eater, but does not like spicy food. She also likes some basic kid food, but is the child most likely to chose something new and different.

Last is my son Desmond or minion 1. He is 8 1/2. He is not an adventurous eater, he is up to about 2 dozen things he will eat, but at a point I could count the different foods he would eat on one hand. He will now eat more, but in general he has a fairly limited menu of food he'll eat.

Others who will be mentioned in this food report are my parents, both my sisters and their family, my sort of niece and her mom (one of my sister's MIL).

We did a very character focused trip, though we did end up with meals elsewhere. I will post where we ate in general in the next post. That way if I become ambitious I can link the reviews to it too.

How awesome to get stuck in Orlando for 3 extra days! Due to a blizzard in Denver (in April!) we got stuck AT HOME for 2 days. That was an excruciating wait, watching all of our rebooked flights get cancelled over and over, until we finally decided to fly another airline that seemed to have the guts to fly through the storm. It made the trip all the more special once we finally got there, though!

Great Reviews!! Beautiful Family!!!

Thank you

Loving your reviews!

I also cannot eat Meat (land animals) but seafood is OK.
I think I may have talked to you before in another thread about that.

I noted on my upcoming Dining that it is an allergy also,
I have an auto immune Arthritis that is triggered by eating meat, swollen joints, exhaustion.
I worry about eating out because of cross contamination, but Disney has been great about it.

Disney was great about it. It was really nice.

How awesome to get stuck in Orlando for 3 extra days! Due to a blizzard in Denver (in April!) we got stuck AT HOME for 2 days. That was an excruciating wait, watching all of our rebooked flights get cancelled over and over, until we finally decided to fly another airline that seemed to have the guts to fly through the storm. It made the trip all the more special once we finally got there, though!

I was much happier being stuck in Orlando at the end of the trip, then stuck at home at the beginning of the trip. That would have been horrible.

Great report! Thanks for finding the time to do this... taking notes!

Thanks.

I am working on editing and updating pictures now for the next day of reviews, which includes 1900 Park Fare breakfast and an offsite review at Joe's Crab Shack, plus a quick review of Yorkshire Fish and Chips.

In the meantime in honor of May the 4th here are some pictures from our Star Wars Adventure.

dan_pledgetodarth.jpg

eloise_fight.jpg

sully_padawan.jpg

des.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter