A table service a day keeps the blizzard away, or maybe not... Updated 4/20 CBR Food Court

That salmon looks outstanding. You ate at a lot of places I want to try so I'm following

I had a bite of the salmon it was good, far better then I was actually expecting. Almost all of the places we ate had much better food then I had been expecting. There were a few we were less then impressed with though.

Fantastic reviews so far - looking forward to the rest. Thanks for the info about CBR breakfast :)

Thanks and welcome :).

Following (found your trip report, too)! Great reviews. I have a pictureless dining report going, but reading ones with pics makes me feel very guilty. So much better! I am a dark beer girl myself. Next time, your DH should try the Black and Tan. Half Guiness, half (harp I think). Very nice! We love Sunshine Seasons. We started our last trip with more or less that exact same meal! (I had the pork chop, but there was lots of salmon and Caesar on the table. We have never had anything we didn't like at SS. Too bad they don't stay open later. We have not tried T-Rex. It looks yummy and fun, but somehow I am afraid it is super loud and chaotic. Correct me if I am wrong. Can't wait to read more.

Following (found your trip report, too)! Great reviews. I have a pictureless dining report going, but reading ones with pics makes me feel very guilty. So much better! I am a dark beer girl myself. Next time, your DH should try the Black and Tan. Half Guiness, half (harp I think). Very nice! We love Sunshine Seasons. We started our last trip with more or less that exact same meal! (I had the pork chop, but there was lots of salmon and Caesar on the table. We have never had anything we didn't like at SS. Too bad they don't stay open later. We have not tried T-Rex. It looks yummy and fun, but somehow I am afraid it is super loud and chaotic. Correct me if I am wrong. Can't wait to read more.

He does like Black and Tan, he also likes just Guinness, he went for the option of not going in the pub, and ended up paying for it with a too light beer.

T-Rex is fairly loud, like there were times I could tell the kids won't have minded if I had remembered their ear protection loud, mainly during the extinction event. It wasn't too chaotic though, especially that first night in the small circular booth. The booth helped a lot with the chaos at least. It you have issues with loud and chaos though, it probably is not the best choice.

Oh and I did not do as well with pictures later on, I tried for at least my meal and the kids, but I totally did not get anyone else's and I am pretty sure I completely forgot for some meals, like our second T-Rex meal.

Dinner at Chef Mickey's
January 13, 2016

After a busy and fun first day at EPCOT we headed out of the park by around 5:45pm. We had places to be. Specifically we had a Chef Mickey's meal to get to. I know we were in the car by 6. We got to the Contemporary by 6:15 or so, about an hour early. We did some shopping, since we had time and checked in around 6:55 or so. They told us we would probably be waiting until our 7:10 ADR time, but that was fine with us, since there wasn't much else to do. We went over and got our pictures taken with the mouse and the plate, and then sat in the waiting area by the tv, where the kids watched cartoons.

cm_front.jpg

Shortly there after we were called in and seated. We were on the far right of the buffet, with the buffet right behind us and the doors of the kitchen right to our right facing away from the buffet. It was a decent table and we all happily sat down. We could not see any of the characters at that point. The waitress came by and dropped off our drink menus, and told us the Chef would be out shortly to walk the allergy person through the buffet. I did not note the waitresses name, if I remember right she was fine, but unremarkable.

The chef came out before she came back for drink orders, so attriel headed up with him, after the first of many conversations that went something like this: Chef, "So what is your allergy". Attriel, "I can't eat meat, poultry, pork, beef, basically all land based animals are a no go. I can do cheese, eggs and milk and I can eat fish." Chef, "Oh so it is a lifestyle choice." Attriel, "No, it is just a weird allergy." That is the biggest issue with a weird allergy that makes you a pescetarian, it sounds like a lifestyle choice, which is not something you have to be as careful with, even though it isn't.

The Chef took attriel around and the boys went along with him. Attriel says that the Chef, like most of the other ones he ended up encountering, pointed at the meat stuff, and was like, "That is meat." Which was kind of obvious, on the other hand he had to ask things like base for the mac and cheese or other dishes that you won't always think have meat in them, it is weird what meat ends up in sometimes.

The waitress came back while the boys were gone for drink orders. I wasn't sure what Attriel or the boys wanted so I just ended up ordering for me and the girl child. I got the Magical Star Cocktail (X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, PARROT BAY Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir multicolored Glow Cube) and the girl child got an apple juice, I believe I also got a Sprite. The boys came back at this point with their food.

Minion 1 had gotten corn dog nuggets, mac and cheese, plain pasta and chicken nuggets. I am pretty sure he got some veggie or fruit, but I don't see it on his plate, so it is possible he didn't.
des_plate.jpg

Minion 3 got peel and eat shrimp, corn dog nuggets, rice, a roll, broccoli, fruit and lobster mac and cheese. I am pretty sure he got a second plate, maybe with mashed potatoes and more fruit, but I can't remember.
sully_plate.jpg

attriel had gotten peel and eat shrimp, sushi, focaccia bread, cheese and lobster mac and cheese. I know he got a second plate that I didn't get pictures of later with the salmon filet and mashed potatoes.
dan_plate.jpg

He also ordered his and the boys drinks while I took the girl child to the buffet, since we still didn't see any characters yet. Our drinks were back when we got back, though his wasn't yet. He got a Coke and Habernero Lime Margarita (Patrón Silver Tequila, Habañero Lime, and House-made Sweet-and-Sour), the boys got milk for minion 1 and apple juice for minion 3 I believe.

This is my drink. I never did get a picture of attriel's drink.
alcohol.jpg

Here is my first plate: sushi, mango barbecue pork ribs, lobster mac and cheese, Caesar salad and focaccia bread
me_plate1.jpg

plate 2: short ribs on polenta, mashed potatoes, curry chicken on rice, salmon and carved steak.
me_plate2.jpg

Here are the girl's plates. Plate 1: salad, no dressing, corn, sushi, fruit, broccoli, mashed potatoes, plain pasta
e_plate1.jpg

plate 2: mac and cheese, corn bread, rice, mashed potatoes and carved turkey.
e_plate2.jpg

Overall the food was okay. It wasn't inedible. The stand outs were the mashed potatoes, the short ribs on polenta and the salmon. The carved steak was flavorless and very meh. The sushi was about equal to the grocery store, but not a good grocery store sushi (we have Wegman's here with a sushi counter theirs is good), more of a mediocre, I need sushi this will do level. The lobster mac and cheese was a fine mac and cheese, if only any of us had ever found any lobster in it, we were not impressed.

The main part of the meal though was the characters. Shortly after we got back with our food Donald showed up.

cm_donald.jpg

He came he signed autographs and took a picture or two and headed onto the next table. Not horrible, just not hugely interactive.

Next was Mickey. He was probably there and gone even faster then Donald. On the plus side we had at least seen him early at the Visa meet and greet.

cm_mickey.jpg

We had the whole napkin party thing after Mickey. I believe after that is when the girl and I went to get our next plates. We had a bit of a break and then Goofy. Goofy was goofy. He played, he interacted, he was definitely the most interactive of the characters. The kids loved him.
cm_goofy.jpg

cm_goofy3.jpg

Shortly after that Minnie came. Again, sigs, quick picture and move on.
cm_minnie.jpg

After that attriel took the boys and got them their desserts. The both got brownies with candy. Minion 1 ate the candy. Minion 3 enjoyed the brownie as well.
brownie.jpg

Attriel then came back with some other desserts while taking minion 2 up to the dessert table. She got the chocolate mouse mickey dessert and enjoyed it.
dessert_mickey_e.jpg

Attriel also brought back a plate of stuff and some ice cream for him. Strawberry no bake cheesecake. Smores something, red velvet cupcake and key lime tart.
dessert.jpg

The no bake cheesecake was awful, horrible disgusting, it was probably the worse thing I had our entire trip. I took half a bite and then had to clean my mouth out. It was bad. The key lime tart was decent. The red velvet cupcake was meh. The little smores tarts were good, at least the taste of one I got, since the girl child stole one and attriel offered me a bite of the other one.

After desserts attriel took minion 3 to the bathroom while we waited. During this time there was another napkin waving party, and I didn't get pictures, but Minnie came back and danced with minions 1 and 2. It was fun, they had a blast and they actually got some character interaction.

Overall, by the end of the meal we had decided to go with our 1900 Park Fare breakfast on Saturday rather then Chef Mickey's breakfast.

The food was edible (mostly), the restaurant was clean, but unless one of the kids specifically asks to come back here it is not on our list at this point. At the price point it has, it should be so much better. If you have never been it is a fun experience, but there are much better character meals available with similar characters and much better food. I'm glad we went, but I don't think we'll be back.

Awesome reviews so far - your kids are so cute. I love that they can get the salmon as a kids meal at Sunshine Seasons - good to remember in case I'm ever over that way (sometimes a kids meal is just the right amount of food). I love how adventurous of an eater your 4 year old is - wow!

I LOVE Wegman's sushi, so when you said the sushi was "grocery store" quality, I thought ooh, Wegmans sushi is good, so it must be good! Then you mentioned it.. Wegman's does have great sushi in my opinion! We've never done Chef Mickey's before. I have to agree that cheesecake thing did not look great, lol.

Chef Mickey gets such mixed reviews... we did breakfast and if we go again, we will do breakfast again. I think overall its the safest meal for buffets!

Sorry overall your meal was disappointing :(

Awesome reviews so far - your kids are so cute. I love that they can get the salmon as a kids meal at Sunshine Seasons - good to remember in case I'm ever over that way (sometimes a kids meal is just the right amount of food). I love how adventurous of an eater your 4 year old is - wow!

I LOVE Wegman's sushi, so when you said the sushi was "grocery store" quality, I thought ooh, Wegmans sushi is good, so it must be good! Then you mentioned it.. Wegman's does have great sushi in my opinion! We've never done Chef Mickey's before. I have to agree that cheesecake thing did not look great, lol.

Both my 4 and 6 year old are fairly adventurous, the 8 year old not so much. To be fair to the 4 year old though if there are hot dogs or corn dog nuggets as an option that will almost always be his choice. He is willing to eat a good variety of food and loves shrimp though.

Yep Wegman's is why I had to put in the disclaimer. We love our Wegman's, but they also have actual sushi chefs at their sushi counter. I didn't want to give anyone false hope. It was more like Giant or Kroger sushi, which is okay, but not anywhere near good.

Chef Mickey gets such mixed reviews... we did breakfast and if we go again, we will do breakfast again. I think overall its the safest meal for buffets!

Sorry overall your meal was disappointing :(

I think if the minions do ask for it again we'll try breakfast. We did dinner this time because we had a great dinner there in 2009. This dinner however was nowhere near great. I would definitely rank Chef Mickey's as one of our 2 worst meals.

Cool thread!

Thanks and welcome :).

I went to Chef Mickey's for dinner back in 2009, and my experience was much the same as yours. Except in my case, Minnie was fantastic and Goofy was crap. :rotfl: I do plan to go back eventually, but this time for breakfast. Long as they have Mickey waffles, I'm good! :thumbsup2

I went to Chef Mickey's for dinner back in 2009, and my experience was much the same as yours. Except in my case, Minnie was fantastic and Goofy was crap. :rotfl: I do plan to go back eventually, but this time for breakfast. Long as they have Mickey waffles, I'm good! :thumbsup2

When I went to CM a couple of years ago for breakfast Minnie was great, Goofy was great as were all the characters. It was the food that was crap. :rotfl2:

(My apologies too crap.) LOL

We are also fans of mickey waffles, but I am not sure I'd trust them at chef mickey's after this last meal. I was just not impressed.
When I went to CM a couple of years ago for breakfast Minnie was great, Goofy was great as were all the characters. It was the food that was crap. :rotfl2:

(My apologies too crap.) LOL

Yeah, with the characters being meh and the food being even more meh, it just kind of made the whole experience not worth it. We were glad this was on the dining plan and we weren't paying out of pocket for it, because it was so not worth the cost.

As a note I'm going to be working on photos for day 3 tonight, I may get an update tonight, but if I don't it will be likely be Friday before I have time to update, tomorrow is an out of the house day all day.

thanks for your reviews...I love the kiddos shirts too..you can pick them out in a crowd...Love the rare meat photo too..my favorite...thanks again

thanks for your reviews...I love the kiddos shirts too..you can pick them out in a crowd...Love the rare meat photo too..my favorite...thanks again

Unfortunately it was the most boring, bland and meh rare meat. I had hopes for it when it went on my plate and looked like that. It failed.

Thanks, I love their shirts too, we tried to keep them to a theme most days to make it easier to pick them all out.

I am still going through photos I have over 110 to edit for day 3, though only about 1/4th of those are food pictures. I hope to get a new review up by tomorrow some point.

Great reviews so far! This is cementing my idea to stay away from Chef Mickey's until we eventually have some small people who will probably enjoy it. It's one of the highlights I remember from my trips to Disney as a kid, but I care a lot more about food now :P

Glad to hear about Sunshine Seasons - I'm thinking this may be a lunch or dinner stop for us on our May trip and was wondering about the salmon!

Tabrizia I noticed you picture of the family was with Anna and Elsa. Is the picture from this trip? I had heard you met with them separately.

Great reviews so far! This is cementing my idea to stay away from Chef Mickey's until we eventually have some small people who will probably enjoy it. It's one of the highlights I remember from my trips to Disney as a kid, but I care a lot more about food now :P

Glad to hear about Sunshine Seasons - I'm thinking this may be a lunch or dinner stop for us on our May trip and was wondering about the salmon!

Yeah I won't do Chef Mickey's without kids. There are much better restaraunts to do even with characters instead. Tusker House is far better and has basically the same set of characters replacing Minnie with Daisy.

Tabrizia I noticed you picture of the family was with Anna and Elsa. Is the picture from this trip? I had heard you met with them separately.

You do only meet with them individually. We got pixie dusted thanks to small Olaf. That story is actually coming up on day 2 of my trip report when I finish editing all 100+ pictures.

Okay so I haven't finished editing everything for day 3 yet. I have however finish BoG breakfast, so we will start there and I should finish editing pictures soon and get CRT and our snack up later this week.

Breakfast at Be Our Guest
January 14, 2016

Please sit back and enjoy as the dining room proudly presents our breakfast!

Eloise_start_of_day_castle.jpg

We woke up super early to make it to our 8:10 breakfast at Be Our Guest. They let everyone in the gates around 7:45 and of course minion 1 decided he needed a bathroom break as soon as we entered. So I took a picture or two of minion 2 in front of the castle. She is all ready for our breakfast at the beast's castle.

We then headed to the castle and I got in line for check in. It didn't take long and we were quickly let into the castle. Here is where there was minor issues. The put us in the regular ordering line. Which wasn't a huge deal, but we had pre-ordered and there was a line to just pay right in the lobby. Since we didn't want to change our order at all, we jumped over to that line instead. Shortly there after we had paid 1 counter service a piece and were headed in to sit.

The elder two chose the West Wing and then quickly changed their mind. Since Castle Gallery wasn't open yet, we ended up in the Grand Ballroom which worked fine. Attriel and I went and got our drinks and the girl's apple juice. I think we also got minion 3 orange juice, but I can't remember.

smilings_youngers.jpg

desmond.jpg

Shortly there after our meals appeared. Both boys got bacon and eggs. They both enjoyed it and minion 3 loved that it came with cantaloupe and also ate minion 1's fruit as well.
bacon_eggs.jpg

Minion 2 had decided she wanted french toast and declare it the best french toast ever.
french_toast.jpg

I chose the Open Faced Bacon and Cheese Sandwich. This was great. I loved the bread, the bacon, the lettuce, the tomato, and the egg was nice as well. I am a huge BLT fan, so it isn't a surprise this was a huge hit with me.
my_meal.jpg

Attriel had debated getting the kid's french toast, but once we figured we could remove the ham from it, he decided on the adult entry of Egg's Florentine. He was not impressed. He declared it very bland and meh.
dans_meal.jpg

I apparently did not get a picture of the pastry trays. They were basic pastry trays, the pastries were fine. I had grabbed a gallon sized zip-lock and we packed up most of them, since after the regular breakfast no one was hugely hungry. We never ended up eating any of the ones I packed up, oh well.

After eating we took a couple of pictures.
e_entrance_window.jpg

heading_out.jpg

After the pictures we headed out to get in the line for 7 dwarfs mine train with everyone else who had gotten an early breakfast. This was definitely a major benefit. We loved being one of the first people on the ride and not having to wait in a long line for the ride. In fact later in our trip we get another pre-park BoG breakfast just for that benefit.

mine_train_1st_ride.jpg

Overall we enjoyed the food. The price point when not on the dining plan is really high for a decent breakfast though. We will definitely do this again if we are on the dining plan. If we aren't on the dining plan we would probably do it, but maybe skip breakfast for the adults, because the not waiting in line for 7 dwarfs is a benefit that is worth it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter