A strange question my DH had, re: decks of the ship

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by scrappychar, Apr 18, 2013.

1. scrappychar

scrappychar Mouseketeer

My DH and I were talking about our cruise last night and we were wondering if the decks that you can see off of (ie: the pool decks, and observation decks) ever "close" for the evening?

Char

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Not in my experience. Well, except when they close them for the power-washing, but that's not long.

4. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

portions of the top decks are roped off periodically late in the everning or night so that they can stack chairs and or clean the deck area. The whole deck is not closed at the same time. Once they are done with that particular area, the ropes are removed.

5. Douvres Family

Douvres Family DIS Veteran

DH & I have walked around the adult pool area and family pool area, and the decks above (on the Dream) a couple of times between 1AM and 3AM.

I hope this helps...

6. BeeTeacher

BeeTeacher Mouseketeer

On our cruise the pressure washing of decks was around 1am and they make you leave. It was very annoying to be run off the decks every single night. I appreciated a clean ship, but we just wanted to hang out, stroll, etc.

7. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

We didn't have this issue on our last two Dream cruises (October 2012 & January 2013). Just lucky I guess ::yes::

8. argomANIA

argomANIA Mouseketeer

In December of 2011 we had decks closed for strong winds. Not sure if the doors were actually locked but there were signs that said Decks are closed.

9. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

the "secret" aft decks on decks 7 & 8 on the classic ships are closed at midnight (I think). Probably because too many people were heading out to :lovestruc "discover the Magic".:bitelip:

10. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

That's not as bad as finally having the time to sit out on your verandah one afternoon in port planning to do your nails and read before getting ready for dinner, and hearing the pressure washer coming your way. I had to go inside because they were cleaning all of the verandahs. We hadn't received any notice that this would be done that day.

Also, when the weather was really bad on our 1/8/11 cruise they closed Deck 10 to guests. Of course when you have 20+ foot swells common sense would seem to recommend not going out on deck 4 either.

11. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

The only time I have ever seen decks closed was deck four well the ship was refueling on the Trans Atlantic and the panama Canal a cruise. They had the side away from the dock closed.

12. owensamo

owensamo DIS Veteran

The decks were closed on embarkation for our 2011 EBTA - due to love bugs! :rotfl2: They were *everywhere*! We went up to Topsiders for lunch, and you could see black clouds outside the doors (when you could see through the bugs *on* the door windows). It was so bad they even moved the Sail Away party to the next *day* after Castaway!

I'm pretty sure the decks were closed all night the first night, and reopened the next day. Once the ship was underway and away from land, they got out the pressure washers and hosed *everything* down. That said, we were still finding dead love bugs days later.

13. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

When we were on the Wonder in January I believe the posted hours for this area was 7am-7pm. There are staterooms on either side of the deck 7 space, and I think that noise complaints probably had most to do with it.

14. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Noise complaints and Discovering the Magic are not mutually exclusive :rotfl: