A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

You probably could (be aware that snapfish etc does some strange cropping to digital images so a 5x7 product on photoshop WILL have issues when you print...found this out with invitations I made and printed with them even though when I looked at their "this is how your image will print" it looked fine. The areas for them will be small too and some of those guys sign very large ;)

Hi MusicMouse - Would it be possible to get one of your MVMCP covers from post# 2832 with the name KYLIE. They are great, thanks so much.

Hi music mouse

How do I go about getting one of these ordered? We visit the world for our first time in January and hoping to make it magical for dd almost 5 (and the baby too but she definitely doesn't need an auto book!)
Much help needed since I am not a crafty person!
Thanks to anyone willing to help a stranded mom!

ok so i figured out how to go and download some of these cards

but how come sometimes when i open the jpg that I downloaded it looks normal and other times it looks stretched? does this mean it wont print properly?

To run by my train of thought (since my DH wont listen to me - he thinks I am nuts)
- plan is to print these cards at a photo store on matte paper and spiral bind them
- might sprial bind the charater meals separately so that way if we lose one might not lose all
- when home re bind as needed and remove pages not used
- then my DD who will be 5 in march can glue photos of herself and the characters on the above backside of the autograph page

think that would work?

if possibel can I please see what a cover would look like with the whole cast and Sarah's Autograph Book on the bottom and Walt Disney World 2013 across the top and maybe the same with just the princesses?

thanks guys - I appreciate the help (since there I am all alone on this venture on the homefront!!!)

Hello MusicMouse,

I stumbled upon this thread while researching autograph books for my son's first trip to DW and am amazed!! I have noticed many people asking you to customize covers for their books, and would very much like you to do the same for me. I really like to 4 parks background with chip and dale front and center.

Nicholas' Autograph Book or Nicholas' Autographs (whichever will fit best)
Walt Disney World 2013

I noticed that you make some with both text lines at the bottom and others with the name at the top and wdw at the bottom. Would it be asking too much for one of each?

Thank you in advance!!

Well i made an autograph book and character dining autograph book for each of my kids, and used chipboard for the front and back covers like I read somewhere (think it was somewhere in this tread) they really came out nice, and I went to office depot and fedex/kinkos to try and get them spiral bound, but they both told me the covers were too thick for their machine. Any suggestions. I saw they had binder tools and such at hobby lobby, but didn't even look at them thinking I could get them bound somewhere. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to try and see if a couple of other local place may be able to on Monday, but I have a feeling they might tell me the same thing.

I am making an autograph book for my son's first trip to WDW. I really like the shutterfly idea but when I add my images they tell me that the DPI is too low and the pic will come out blurry. I downloaded all of the image and have not had any problems printing them on my home printer. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Sorry if this has already been asked. If I print the autograph cards and then put them on cardstock; what is the best thing to use to adhere them to the cardstock?

We just print them on card stock, not a photograph. You could go to a craft store (don't know if I can name them here but places that have people's first names ;) ) and buy scrap booking supplies/adhesive to stick photos to card stock. Personally we use adhesive that comes in a handheld container and you drag it across the back of the photo then stick the photo. Hands stay sticky free, no peeling, no spray to get all over everything! Ours are blue and clear and you can get refill packs for them too.

Some people have printed them as photos though right? Did they turn out good? I just don't want to use a lot of ink.

Yes I am sure some did print them as photos. Hopefully they can chime in as to whether glossy or matte is best. I would also wonder what sort of pen they used, does a sharpie take a bit to dry without smudging? I know Buzz used a stamp and my guess is that will likely not dry fast on photo paper but I could be wrong.

If I use shutterfly I won't be able to go back and add the pics from the trip to it though. :( I wanted to do that, but I really want the pics beside the signature.

I have printed mine as photos and using scrapbooking tape to adhere them to cardstock. I am just wondering how many pages people put in their autograph books when they do it this way? If I do all of them they seem quite thick so debating on if I should split into several books.

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

I love your designs!! We are headed to Disneyland on Dec 26th and at the last minute I decided to make an autograph book for my two girls, Kyndee and Abbie......Could you possibly do a 4x6 cover for them? They are 1 and 2 so anything Minnie Mouse or Princess would be great.

Thanks so much if possible!!!

Wow...took me a week to get through all that!!!

Great designs and great cards...is there a way to group them up in a zip file to download? There are so many and it'll take forever to download them one by one.

Either way, would it be possible to make me two separate covers with the whole gang and blue background with Walt Disney World 2013 on top and
the names

Amelia
Daniella

I'm still debating how to go about the printing process...heck I don't even know if the little one will be interested in autographs.

Photos, photo book, plain sketch book...

Thanks!

Has anyone used photo lab at target? We r already in Florida and don't want to give up just yet on the autograph book - even though DH had to have surgery yesterday (yes that's right we r already on vacation) to remove a sewing needle from his foot! Really want to make this special for dd 4 who has not had the best vacation yet

Thanks!

Hi!

Could you please make a Star Wars autograph book cover? I would like it to say Jedi Landry's Autographs.

I love your work! Thanks in advance!!!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter