A Signature a Day Keeps Reality Away: A Sep '15 Dining Report - Updated 4/11 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh what a delicious review of Narcoossee's. We have been dining there on each trip to the World since 2002. I didn't realize they have Conundrum on the menu! I knew California Grill offered it but I am happy to know I can indulge in my favorite for Christmas Dinner.

We love this place! It has been a few years but I really do enjoy that butter as well. The cheesecake ranks up there with one of the best desserts I have ever had.

Eeekk! I've been waiting for this one! Narcoossee's looks fantastic. I've got my eye on that almond incrusted cheesecake....yum! So glad to hear that you had a good experience here.

Funny I had never heard of Conundrum until a couple of weeks ago and this is the third or fourth time it's name has come up, guess I'm going to have to try it out!

So glad to hear you had a great dining experience at Narcoossee's. This restaurant is my favorite in WDW and we never miss dining there when we are at WDW. I'm looking forward to June when we have a party of 8 dining at Narcoossee's. I can already taste that Almond Crusted Cheese Cake. :goodvibes

Oh I'm another fan of that Almond Crusted Cheesecake with Cherry Sauce. Good stuff!!! ::yes::
I think it deserves its own fan club. Good stuff indeed!!!!

The won tons and cheesecake must be pretty good then. ;) Both your shrimp and the lobster mac look good, too.
Have you never had the wontons or cheesecake????? Gotta try them. I"m not even a big dessert person and they are oh so good.

That sounds amazing!!! I might need to change our April plans to include a trip to Narcoosees... I was going to reply to the first quote above, but my iPhone says no.way.lady! I love love love Conundrum. My mom and I don't do well with reds - something with the tannins - so my dad tends to keep good whites in the house. This has been a favorite for awhile now. :)

Thanks for the great dining reviews! I am loving this trip report.
Definitely get there if you can. Especially with flying fish under refurb, its a definite winner. And you know there will be Conundrum. I know we'll be there in April ; )

That casey pic at the end, hahahahaha!! She is too much. That mac and cheese looks AWESOME though. And Jason's wine flight, and the cheesecake.. Everything looks fantastic. I think Narcoossee's may be next up on our list of signatures to try.
She is quite the card. We're so lucky she is great to eat just about anywhere, but when we are done girls just gotta cut loose.

You have to get to Narcoossee's. I'm not sure why we stayed away for so long, but now I know it won't be long till we go back. Fantastic indeed.

So glad you had an awesome dinner at Narcoosee's! We are eating there in March at DH's request and are so happy to hear such a shining report. It was one of our favourites from our 2009 trip so are very much looking forward to a return visit!
Hope you all have as wonderful of a experience as we did!!!!

Your dinner looked amazing! I love when lobster mac and cheese is mostly lobster :thumbsup2
The picture you got of Casey at the end is like all my pics of my boys but add in crazy hand gestures of all sorts and the old standby bunny ears :rotfl:
Sounds like we need to get Casey and your boys together ; ) Oh the havoc she and a few boys could reek ; )

Now I really want the lobster Mac and Cheese when we go in 3 weeks, I bet I can talk my husband into splitting it with me. I love Narcoossee's and your meal looks great.
Get there if you can. You without question will not regret it. And 3 weeks to go. Oh so jealous!!!!!!!

Oh what a delicious review of Narcoossee's. We have been dining there on each trip to the World since 2002. I didn't realize they have Conundrum on the menu! I knew California Grill offered it but I am happy to know I can indulge in my favorite for Christmas Dinner.
Narcoossee's for Christmas!!!!!!! Oh how amazing and divine does that sound. Wish we were that lucky, but with temps in the 60's for Christmas it will feel like Florida in DC. Maybe we should just get some Conundrum and we can pretend we're at Narcoossee's with you all ; )

We love this place! It has been a few years but I really do enjoy that butter as well. The cheesecake ranks up there with one of the best desserts I have ever had.
Sounds like someone needs to get back there on her next trip ; )

Eeekk! I've been waiting for this one! Narcoossee's looks fantastic. I've got my eye on that almond incrusted cheesecake....yum! So glad to hear that you had a good experience here.

Funny I had never heard of Conundrum until a couple of weeks ago and this is the third or fourth time it's name has come up, guess I'm going to have to try it out!
Narcoossee's really was as fantastic as everyone says. I've read other reviews where folks have just gotten the cheesecake to go so maybe that is an option for you all if you can't fit the restaurant into the trip.

That's definitely a conundrum on Conundrum ; )

So glad to hear you had a great dining experience at Narcoossee's. This restaurant is my favorite in WDW and we never miss dining there when we are at WDW. I'm looking forward to June when we have a party of 8 dining at Narcoossee's. I can already taste that Almond Crusted Cheese Cake. :goodvibes
It was definitely an amazing experience. We love flying fish, which I think is why it took us so long to get to Narcoossee's. But after a not so great last flying fish experience and it being closed on our next trip, we may just join you in the Narcoossee's fan club. Oh and by the way, any chance you can make your June reservation for 10? We'll be happy to join you and cheesecake is on me ; )

I'm not sure if I'll have time to get back here in all the Christmas frenzy to come, so I just wanted to wish all of my wonderful DIS friends a Very Merry Christmas. So from my family to yours......

I am here!

I love reading reports that center around food! I love to eat food so much i never seem to be able to snap a picture of the food before I eat it, so its nice to read about others food and see their pictures.

You have me adding a ton must tries to my list that's for sure!

Get there if you can. You without question will not regret it. And 3 weeks to go. Oh so jealous!!!!!!!

It was actually the first reservation on my list when I had to decide where we were getting ADRs. It is actually our adult night. My parents are watching my minions so just DH and I get to go, without any small people. It is going to be nice.

It was definitely an amazing experience. We love flying fish, which I think is why it took us so long to get to Narcoossee's. But after a not so great last flying fish experience and it being closed on our next trip, we may just join you in the Narcoossee's fan club. Oh and by the way, any chance you can make your June reservation for 10? We'll be happy to join you and cheesecake is on me ; )

I also love Flying Fish and do that one as well when we go to Disney (we enjoy signature dining), but like you our last visit to Flying Fish was not as great as our other times there. Sure it was still nice, but they have raised the bar so high with us and with all our previous visits. I'm disappointed Flying Fish will be closed for remodel in June. You have an invite to join us in June at Narcoossee's; I'm willing to do just about anything for that Almond Cheesecake. :goodvibes

Have a Blessed, Safe and a Merry Christmas! :thumbsup2

To start our meal, I ordered the Pink Himalayan.

This is Tanqueray Gin, Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice, Passion Fruit and Lemon Grass Flavors, with a Salt Rim. I'm a big gin fan, so this was right up my alley. It was a little sweet for my usual taste, but the bitter grapefruit helped cut through that and the lemon added some nice acidity. At $8.99 this is also a pretty good bargain so I will definitely be drinking this lovely again.

I can't wait to try this drink when we are there in the spring!!

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. That beach pic would have been appropriate down here for Christmas Day as the temp ended up well into the 90s!

Narcoossee's is one of our favourite, no-miss places. I promise that I didn't see a single rogue carb in any of your photos! You made some scrumptious choices, there!

Merry Christmas! :santa: I can't believe I haven't kept up with your report since returning from our Thanksgiving trip :sad2: It just got so crazy as soon as I got back with holiday crap-
Anyway! Loving all the reviews and I'm sorry to hear about HBD. We've had lunch there twice and enjoyed it, although not enough to go back lately or try dinner. Just found it a decent alternative to other HS options but in your case, not so much :( And I'm surprised about that changing table placement! Have you gotten a response to the email you sent?
We ate at both the Plaza and Narcoossee's for the first time last month. Enjoyed Plaza and LOVED Narcoossee's! I was dying to try the almond-crusted cheesecake and had high hopes based on all the reviews here. Both DH and I think THAT is the best dessert in WDW that we've found so far!! I was in heaven :love: The rest of the meal was fantastic too and DS13 loved the lobster mac & cheese. Think we may head back there in Jan. although we have a few other "new" places we'd like to try.

Happy New Year!

We were seated quickly at The Plaza and it wasn't too long before these little beauties were on our table.
Maaaaaan, what I wouldn't give for a good milkshake right now...

I saw her talk to a manager before she grabbed the ice, but never once did he approach or say anything to us. We were given some ice, but received no form of an apology.
Unacceptable. :sad2:

He eventually showed up and asked what we wanted. We had to request some waters while we finished looking at the menu. Unfortunately the lackluster service continued, with long waits between seeing him and a condescending attitude. Strike two.
Okay, I'm getting angy just reading this. >:(

This was a regular, mango, and pomegranate margarita and I thought a pretty good deal for $11.25.
Wow, that sounds like a GREAT deal for that price!

Ready to cut our injury, service, and food losses at that point we called it a night with no dessert. Obviously Casey's injury put a damper on the entire evening, but between the bad service and lackluster food I don't think we'll be back to the derby any time soon.
Such a shame! This one has been on my bucket list forever, but after reading this, it might just stay there forever...

You'll be shocked to know this tasted like beer ; )
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Plus thanks to a tip from Billie (aka @Elevationist) we got the Landry's loyalty card for only $25.
Heyyyy, I'm so glad that worked out for you! Mine came in handy big-time on my trip, too.

This is their white wine flight sampler which came with a moscato, riesling, and blend called Conundrum. The moscato and riesling were both way too sweet, but the Conundrum was a nicely balanced white though it could have used a bit more acidity.
Now see, THIS I would love. Rieslings and Moscatos are my wines of choice,and I would have been only too happy to try the "Conundrum" along with them.

This was a penne style pasta with Key West Shrimp, Savoy Spinach, Oven-roasted Tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Comté Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream (hence my wine selection). This was in a word delicious. The sauce was buttery and creamy and it was piled with sweet key west shrimp. The tomatoes added both some sweetness and acidity and though there was cheese in the mix it was not at all overpowering.
This looks and sounds AMAZING!!!

This is Torchio Pasta, Butter-poached Lobster, Fennel, Sweet Onion, and Manchego Cheese. The first think I had to say was holy lobster batman ; ) At first I wasn't actually sure there was any pasta in there as there was so much lobster. There was of course pasta, but the buttery perfectly cooked lobster was the real star of this show. Also this wasn't overly cheesy, but with all the lobster that was a good thing and the bread crumbs on top added good texture. This blew the Yachtsman Mac N Cheese out of the water and it was so good Casey declared she loved it more than Elsa, but we couldn't tell Elsa that ; )
This looks so delicious that I'm actually mad at it. Or maybe I'm still mad about your Brown Derby experience. Or maybe I'm just hangry today. Regardless, I need to eat this!!!

This came at the recommendation of both Barb (@jabead ) and Jeri (@jerseytinkerbell) and did not disappoint. The almonds brought both amazing texture and flavor and really upped the traditional cheesecake factor. The cherry sauce was amazing and really helped cut through the richness of the cheesecake. If you eat at Narcoossee's do not miss this.
Okay, thanks, now Narcoosee's is on the ever-growing never-shrinking bucket list. And it's all your fault, Kari!

I tried to get an equally gorgeous photo of my daughter but this was the result.

She is most definitely her father's daughter.
Bahahahaaaa!!! :rotfl:

I'm not sure if I'll have time to get back here in all the Christmas frenzy to come, so I just wanted to wish all of my wonderful DIS friends a Very Merry Christmas. So from my family to yours......

And a VERY merry Christmas to you, Jason, and the Rascal!!!! :santa:

I am here!

I love reading reports that center around food! I love to eat food so much i never seem to be able to snap a picture of the food before I eat it, so its nice to read about others food and see their pictures.

You have me adding a ton must tries to my list that's for sure!
Welcome to the food party. It is definitely a struggle to get food pics before I dig in and may have failed on more than one occasion ; )

It was actually the first reservation on my list when I had to decide where we were getting ADRs. It is actually our adult night. My parents are watching my minions so just DH and I get to go, without any small people. It is going to be nice.
That sounds like a great date night!!!!!

I also love Flying Fish and do that one as well when we go to Disney (we enjoy signature dining), but like you our last visit to Flying Fish was not as great as our other times there. Sure it was still nice, but they have raised the bar so high with us and with all our previous visits. I'm disappointed Flying Fish will be closed for remodel in June. You have an invite to join us in June at Narcoossee's; I'm willing to do just about anything for that Almond Cheesecake. :goodvibes

Have a Blessed, Safe and a Merry Christmas! :thumbsup2
We're definitely upset to see Flying Fish will be closed for our April trip too. Hoping things get better when it reopens and of course there is plenty Narcoossee's in the meantime ; )

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas Lori! I'm sure Alexander loved it!

I can't wait to try this drink when we are there in the spring!!
It's oh so good. I can't wait to drink it again!

I love your Merry Christmas picture. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too. :)
Thanks so much. Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday.

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. That beach pic would have been appropriate down here for Christmas Day as the temp ended up well into the 90s!

Narcoossee's is one of our favourite, no-miss places. I promise that I didn't see a single rogue carb in any of your photos! You made some scrumptious choices, there!
Heck, it was almost 70 here so almost appropriate for us too ; ) Hope you and your family enjoyed! And the more carbs the merrier, right?

Merry Christmas! :santa: I can't believe I haven't kept up with your report since returning from our Thanksgiving trip :sad2: It just got so crazy as soon as I got back with holiday crap-
Anyway! Loving all the reviews and I'm sorry to hear about HBD. We've had lunch there twice and enjoyed it, although not enough to go back lately or try dinner. Just found it a decent alternative to other HS options but in your case, not so much :( And I'm surprised about that changing table placement! Have you gotten a response to the email you sent?
We ate at both the Plaza and Narcoossee's for the first time last month. Enjoyed Plaza and LOVED Narcoossee's! I was dying to try the almond-crusted cheesecake and had high hopes based on all the reviews here. Both DH and I think THAT is the best dessert in WDW that we've found so far!! I was in heaven :love: The rest of the meal was fantastic too and DS13 loved the lobster mac & cheese. Think we may head back there in Jan. although we have a few other "new" places we'd like to try.

Happy New Year!
I'm with ya on the craziness. We went on vacation right after thanksgiving and its like time got away from us after that. But all is well now and we can bask in the post Christmas slumber.

It sounds like lunch may be the better HBD choice, though I don't think we'll ever be trying that. And nope, never heard anything back but hopefully they at least moved the changing table.

So glad to hear you all loved plaza and narcoossee's as much as us. And so jealous you may be getting it again next month. We've got 4 to go ; )

Happy 2016!!!!

Maaaaaan, what I wouldn't give for a good milkshake right now...
You and me both. Jason is forcing me to watch Jurassic world and that would so make it go down better.

Such a shame! This one has been on my bucket list forever, but after reading this, it might just stay there forever...
From others it sounds like lunch is the better option, though if it were me bucket list it would stay.

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
OMG me either. Jason got a beer. Craziness and insanity must have induced ; )

Heyyyy, I'm so glad that worked out for you! Mine came in handy big-time on my trip, too.
I really can't thank you enough for the suggestion. We would have eaten there regardless, so the extra $$$ was a definite bonus. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

This looks so delicious that I'm actually mad at it. Or maybe I'm still mad about your Brown Derby experience. Or maybe I'm just hangry today. Regardless, I need to eat this!!!
Mad, angry, hungry, hungry. Whatever lets just have a lobster mac and cheese party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, thanks, now Narcoosee's is on the ever-growing never-shrinking bucket list. And it's all your fault, Kari!
Sorry, please forgive me for I know not what I and signature restaurants do ; )

And a VERY merry Christmas to you, Jason, and the Rascal!!!! :santa:
Thanks so much. Very merry to you too Billie!

Japan By Way of Texas

We all took the opportunity to get some much needed rest the next morning and didn't get on the monorail to Ep-A-Cot until almost 10.

Fashioned with our Mickey and Minnie magic bands for the day

We were able to use the last of our "magical" to fly over California, before using the only other fast pass we actually needed for the day to drive around Ep-A-Cot in a tricked out purple chevy.

By this point our bellies were starting to rumble and after looking at available options in the area settled on Teppan Edo.
I was especially excited about this one as I hadn't been to Teppan Edo since I was like 12. It is my one and only table service food memory from my childhood and I was looking forward to channeling my inner child, sans the Sally Jessie Raphael glasses and 80's clothing of course ; )

We were seated very quickly and I was able to snag a pick of our almost empty dining room.

Before we engaged in the Japanese hand washing ritual

It didn't take too long before wet met our Japanese chef for the day.....

In case it isn't glaringly obvious our chef was decidedly not Japanese, but rather informed us he was from Texas ; ) He did a lot of poking at his non-Japanese heritage and we all learned that bbq isn't the only food a Texan can cook. Casey was enthralled with watching him

And enjoyed him so much she declared him sillier than Daddy, which is high praise in her book but them's fightin' words for Jason.

As we enjoyed the Teppan-yaki show, Jason and I of course indulged in a few adult beverages. Jason got a Kirin that I didn't get a picture of and I ordered the beer sampler which came with Kirin, Sapporo, Asahi, and a side of edamame.

I loved how they served this and it was a great way to try some Japanese beers. I'm usually a Kirin girl, but I found I liked the Asahi the best so after my sampling a full bottle was in order.

For our entree's Casey and I split the Ueno which is their
chicken and shrimp combo. Here's a couple of shots of our plates as Chef Texas piled the food on.

While the chicken was nothing special, the shrimp was large and flavorful. I also especially liked the noodles and veggies and found the snow peas to be a nice touch. The ladder was really good in the ginger dipping sauce and I loved the white (yum yum????) sauce for the chicken and shrimp.

Casey was also a big fan of the noodles....

For anyone considering sharing, this was an awesome option. While she and I did split the abundant proteins, we were both given as much of the noodles and veggies as everyone else which was quite unexpected.

I wasn't able to get a picture of Jason's Asakusa (Steak and Shrimp) entree, but I'm sure you can use your vivid imaginations to know that it looked just like mine but with steak ; ) He also enjoyed the shrimp and while his streak (which I believe is sirloin) was a bit tough it was a perfect medium rare. He also got beef fried rice with his that had a very odd fake beef flavor to it. Don't tell the good folks of Japan or Texas, but Yak and Yeti definitely won the fried rice challenge.

Overall Teppan Edo was a fun way to spend lunch and relive my childhood food memories. While it wasn't dramatically different than the local ones we have, the food and chef quality seemed a cut above the typical strip mall variety. Unfortunately they don't take Tables in Wonderland, but we did save a whopping $6 with our annual passes (aka we got a free beer).

Up next, the food and beverages continue to roll around the world showcase....

It looks like the shrimp dinner was the best choice. We've eaten at the strip mall version but never at Tappan Edo. It looks like fun.

Looks like you had a wonderful lunch at Teppan Edo! We tend to skip that place on our normal meals around Disney as we have a great Hibachi Food place right down the street that has all the wonderful tastes (sans the show) for super cheap.

Thats great they have a Japanese Beer Sampler now and you found something new to love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter