A Signature a Day Keeps Reality Away: A Sep '15 Dining Report - Updated 4/11 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking but have to say loving the post and crazy about the snow! Plus now I have to eat nachos for dinner.

Love the pics of the snow! Adorable pic with the light post and what a fantastic dog! We are 90 miles or so North of NYC where they had record a record snow and we did not have a flake, not one. What a weird winter!

That POG juice margarita looks good! And not too "girly" so I wouldn't need to be embarrassed drinking it :P
And Casey attempting to "help" while we shoveled
I have one of these "helpers" at home, too. Luckily that storm you had didn't quite make it as far northeast as my place, we got only 5 cm (2 inches) from that one.

Of course the dogs had to get into the mix two. They aren't the most photogenic (they take after me), but here is one loving the snow.
Love the Newfoundland dog...for obvious reasons :)

Jason elected to start off the meal with his favorite coffee on property: French Press Kona Coffee.
I loved this coffee! So rich!

I on the other hand had no idea why someone would order caffeine when there is vodka to be had. Please do enjoy the Kona Bloody Mary.
No surprise there!

Casey ordered the Mickey pancakes, which were just regular pancakes put together to form a Mickey shape vice actually being shaped like him like the waffles are. That was a very long explanation now made even longer, for what a picture can easily show you.
I'm digging the bacon earrings. Are we sure these aren't Minnie Pancakes?

For my dish I contemplated finally trying the Tonga Toast, but in the end couldn't tear myself away from my beloved Samoan.
Oh god. This was SO GOOOOD. I wish I was eating it for lunch RIGHT NOW.

Only downside was it went down way to quickly, so I may have had one or two or five :drinking1
You lush. ;)

This is the current view down my street
img_0957-jpg.147190
Wow, that's actually really pretty. But you can keep it! I might complain about the heat during my Carolina summers, but at least I'm not having to shovel THAT stuff! :P

Love this dining report! I especially love seeing your precious little girl being such an adventurous diner. I wish that was the case in my house. :crazy2:

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth. Unfortunately though I have not been absent for good reasons. My best friend fell suddenly ill and sadly after a brave week long fight passed away last week. To say I'm devastated is an understatement and now we're trying to work through the grief and help her parents settle affairs. I'm hopeful to get back on here in the days or weeks ahead, as these boards are a wonderful and much needed distraction from reality.

I share this to pass along three things that I've sadly learned in the last two weeks. First, life is fleeting love those around you with everything you have every chance you have. Second, as much as you think you know your own body you are not a doctor. Had my best friend sought care just 24 hours earlier I would not be posting this today. Lastly, get your sh*t in order. You never know when your time may come and it will be much easier on your loved ones if you have your affairs in order.

Thanks in advance to all for your thoughts. Hopefully I'll be seeing ya real soon.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. :sad1: It is always so much harder when it is sudden like that. Take all the time you need, we will be here when you are ready to return.

So sorry for your loss.
Take all the time you need to get back.
Also excellent advice to us all. So important to remember.

So sorry for your loss. Hope you're able to find peace and rest in the midst of the turbulence.

I am so sorry for your loss! Thank for you the advise, so sorry you had to learn about that the hard way. Wishing you peace and sending lots of positive vibes your way <3

Kari I'm truly sorry for your loss. I haven't had to deal with the loss of a close friend yet, but today is the 17th anniversary of my dad's passing. He was 52, it was sudden & unexpected & is still hard for me to deal with. You are so right about life being fleeting. Take nothing for granted; every moment is precious. My heart goes out to you & to your friends family.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You, your family, and your friends family are in my prayers. God bless hun.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. :sad1: It is always so much harder when it is sudden like that. Take all the time you need, we will be here when you are ready to return.

So sorry for your loss.
Take all the time you need to get back.
Also excellent advice to us all. So important to remember.

So sorry for your loss. Hope you're able to find peace and rest in the midst of the turbulence.

So sorry for your loss

Oh dear I am so so sorry. Huge hugs.

I am so sorry. Such a loss is never easy. Please take all the time you need. Our thoughts are with you. :grouphug:

I am so sorry for your loss! Thank for you the advise, so sorry you had to learn about that the hard way. Wishing you peace and sending lots of positive vibes your way <3

I'm so incredibly sorry about your friend :hug:

Kari I'm truly sorry for your loss. I haven't had to deal with the loss of a close friend yet, but today is the 17th anniversary of my dad's passing. He was 52, it was sudden & unexpected & is still hard for me to deal with. You are so right about life being fleeting. Take nothing for granted; every moment is precious. My heart goes out to you & to your friends family.

So sorry for your loss, Kari. Wishing you only good things from now on.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You, your family, and your friends family are in my prayers. God bless hun.

Thanks to everyone for your support. Thought I'd post a quick picture of me and my best friends, Jen and Donna, which you will be shocked to know was taken at a winery last fall. Jen, the blonde on the left, is the one who passed away. She was the yin to our yang, inherently good, saw only the best in people, and made us all better. Donna and I aren't sure what the world will be like with no good to counterbalance our "evil" but we intend on trying to channel our inner Jen's everydayIMG_0867.jpg

for the first time since I moved from PA to WI, the Pittsburgh area has more snow than we do here in Madison, WI! Crazy! Sorry you weren't spared in DC. :(
El Nino is definitely doing some crazy weather things.

We ended up with 27" in east central PA! That is more than enough for the entire winter for me!!
That POG margarita sounds heavenly...along with those nachos? I need to get to the Poly next trip! Love the pool side games, great way to keep a kid AND a husband occupied! :rotfl:
Yeah, I think we are all had enough snow to last us a few years. But sadly, we have more on the way tomorrow.

Wow, that's a lot of snow ! hope the plows get around to digging you out soon!
Thankfully they finally got us out!

Holy Cow that's a lot of snow!! Casey looks like an excellent helper, about like my grandkids were at that age. :hyper:
We had our 2 snowstorms of the year (at most) and thought 7-9 inches was a lot, although we're in the southern Rockies we have probably 10 snowplows in a small city of over half a million...lots of sand though, but we're paralyzed since most everyone THINKS they can drive in the snow but can't. Our SE part of the state got a foot and a half and then had floods when it started to melt in the usual 60 degree weather.

Still enjoying your dining report!
Holy cow is an understatement. Three weeks later we still have about a 2 foot pile from the snow plows outside the house.

We had school today in NYC - so off she went. She was better today though and no tears were had - but she def was not playing in the snow at 8am!

The worst part of the snow in the city is walking through the cross walks - they are slushy, slippery mess. Bus stops can be kinda tricky also - but no complaints here.

Hope things get back to normal quickly for you.
Glad your daughter braved the snow and got to school ; ) Ours ended up being closed for the entire week.

Those nachos look great.

Also can I say how happy I was to be stuck at Disney during the blizzard, those three surprise extra days made me hated by all my friends up here. When we got home today at least the streets are plowed and my FIL had dug out a path to the house and the car, which was good since he picked us up from BWI.
How jealous am I that you were "stuck" in Disney. Sounds like a dream to me.

I'm going to make my husband share the nachos with me because I dream of those wontons and they WILL be in my belly at the end of the meal :D
Good plan. They are huge, but oh so good.

Talk about a small world! Born in Alexandria, grew up in Springfield and moved to Ashburn 10 years ago when my husband and I bought our house! Now I miss home :sad:
Small indeed.

I'm jealous of the snow (even though I know it causes lots of problems!) -we just don't get snow here in Australia unless you go up into the mountains and even then it's only for a short time of year!
I'm sure if we didn't have snow I'd miss it too. Just a few inches would be nice next time though ; )

Been lurking but have to say loving the post and crazy about the snow! Plus now I have to eat nachos for dinner.
Welcome from the shadows. Mmmm, nachos for dinner. Think you may be on to something.

Love the pics of the snow! Adorable pic with the light post and what a fantastic dog! We are 90 miles or so North of NYC where they had record a record snow and we did not have a flake, not one. What a weird winter!
Yeah, we definitely got some good pictures in the snow. Hopefully it will be a few more years until we see anything like it again ; )

Can't believe you all didn't see any of the snow. Weird indeed!!!!!

That POG juice margarita looks good! And not too "girly" so I wouldn't need to be embarrassed drinking it :P
Not girly at all. Especially in the morning, when you are clearly just trying to get some vitamin C in.

I have one of these "helpers" at home, too. Luckily that storm you had didn't quite make it as far northeast as my place, we got only 5 cm (2 inches) from that one.
"Help" is certainly an understatement. Wish I could saw we only got 2 inches. Got another "storm" coming tomorrow but this would should keep us closer to your range.

Love the Newfoundland dog...for obvious reasons :)
Yep, love my newfies ; ) In fact today is my boy's 8th birthday.

No surprise there!
What? You weren't surprised that I was at the family destination to end all family destinations and was imbibing at 10 am. Clearly you don't know me at all :drinking1

I'm digging the bacon earrings. Are we sure these aren't Minnie Pancakes?
Bacon earrings????:rotfl2: Maybe you are on to something :-)

Oh god. This was SO GOOOOD. I wish I was eating it for lunch RIGHT NOW.
I'm with ya. The protein bar I just had for "breakfast" is certainly not cutting it.

Wow, that's actually really pretty. But you can keep it! I might complain about the heat during my Carolina summers, but at least I'm not having to shovel THAT stuff! :P
It was pretty for about 24 hours, now I'm jut over it. Sadly though, we get the privilege of snow and heat. Welcome to your Nation's Capital.

Love this dining report! I especially love seeing your precious little girl being such an adventurous diner. I wish that was the case in my house. :crazy2:
Glad you are enjoying it. We are certainly very lucky that Casey is a good eater. She never eats a lot of anything, but there is nothing we won't try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter