a short and sweet long weekend......August 30th to September 3rd

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
getting up at three am is not my cup of tea....but we did it....the hour drive to our sons house was uneventful and a short ride to the portland jetport....I stressed major again.....I do hate to fly....I got wanded again at the airport......I think three times in a row is ridiculous....we arrived at the Orlando Airport at eleven thirty ..right on time and our driver from Tiffany was there at the bottom of the stairs....that is such a good site to see....we didnt' have any big luggage...Hubby insisted on just carry on luggage...:rolleyes: we arrived at the Dolphin and checked in ...our room was not ready as there was a huge convention there and they were all leaving that afternoon....we put our stuff at the bellhops and went to MGM studios....We were starving .....the airlines did not even give us a pretzel.....we had a quick lunch at the Commissary and then walked over to get my husbands friend a Rock and Roller pin..(which we forgot to do) the wait said 5 minutes so my husband said.....this is it.....we are doing this ride....I protested .....BUT we did it....some little kid said not to be a big baby....yah right......well I LOVED IT....husband was not overly fond of it.....especially on a full stomach....hahaha....I did have fingernails imprinted on the palms of my hands....made me laugh afterwards....my knees sort of shook afterwards......we then walked to WWTBAM...and the show was just opening the doors....went in there and had a good time....it was now three pm so we went back to Dolphin to see if our room was ready.......IT WASN"T....the man was taking his sweet time.....The lady at the desk felt bad for us and offered us a room on the 2nd floor until our sixth floor room was ready......she was so sweet....she wanted us to rest and get freshened up....we went to Tubbies and got our refillable cups and drank diet coke WITH CAFFEINE....walked to the back and a big thunder boomer was starting....saw an employee fall on the walkways to the pool area.....and split his head open.....he bled something wicked....we made sure that they took care of him and then we were dismissed.....we went to the lobby again and dozed on those comfortable big couches...listened to the pianist play love songs...our room was ready at six pm....we got settled and what a wonderful view....we were in heaven there......we went to Epcot for supper at the Biergarten and enjoyed the German buffet...it was delicious.....we have gone there a few times....we shared one huge beer and a big diet coke.....and our total bill was 49.00 without the tip.....Tobias was a cute server.....Mother nature started in with the fireworks again so we walked in the rain back to Dolphin and watched the fireworks from our bed....I think we were asleep by 9:20.....being up since three am...made it a long dAy......

We also did RnR (twice in a row) at MGM on Friday (you were talking about Friday, right?). So much fun! Sorry about the long wait for your room... I feel for you. I think we shall have to try Biergarten next time... sounds yummy!
-MrsAPalm

I'm glad your room was worth the wait! There are some beautiful views of EPCOT from the Dolphin. All that food is making me hungry.. ;)

I hope to get up the courage to do R & R next month.:( This is way off topic and correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear in chat that you like to target shoot? Me too.;)

never .....and then hubby pushed me on and that little kid saying dont' be such a baby....so I did it....and I loved it.....please I am a big ride sissy......and I hate splash mt still....so go and try it.....I love to shoot.....and I am a hunter....I usually get my deer.....(now watch me not get it this year)....I just think it is so much fun to be able to go out in the woods regardless if I get something or not....the woods are so peaceful.....thanks for posting to my trip report

Nice posting Pumpa, I am another hunter/ trapshooter. Love being outside too. I like upland game bird hunting best cuz then get to see my lab work the fields. Glad you had great time on vac. I still have 145 days to wait. :(

We have never stayed at S/D, so it's always nice to hear about it.

I am SO glad you finally let a little kid 'bully' you onto RnR LOL

Now you can ride the rest with confidence;)

I thought all you shot were tic-tacs, pumba;) ;) ;)

Thanks for sharing your trip!

:D I am always SO nervous to fly too! But, ya need to get to WDW somehow, right ;) ? You are very brave going on RnR -- maybe next trip I'll try it. I'm on to your next installment.

You sure did have a busy day! I am so glad you were "encouraged" to try RnRC! I am still trying to convince DH to try it! Until then, I will ride alone!:rolleyes:

congrats on conquering RnR! off to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter