A savannah view, tons of Pixie Dust and 2 fat folks

thumper*

Disney Dreamer
So we just got back from our long awaited trip to Florida. Sept 13-19 2010

As a child my dream vacation was always Disney World and unfortunately it remained a dream. I first got to visit WDW in my early 20’s and only spent ½ day each in MK & Epcot. DH has been to WDW several times in the 70’s as a child. For our honeymoon 19’yr’s ago we spent 2 days at Epcot. We haven’t had a chance to make it back since.

We have been dreaming of staying at AKL and doing a sunrise safari since we saw Samantha Brown do a show on it about 7-8 yr’s ago. Originally the safari was only offered to concierge level guest of AKL. They have since started to offer a sunset or Wanyama safari available to any guest at AKL. After many years of dreaming of this trip we finally bit the bullet and made reservations for our 19’yr anniversary for a savannah view room.

I was looking forward to doing Disney as a child with an adult pocketbook. :cool1:

So the highlights of the trip include
Daytona Beach 2 nt’s
Savannah view room
Wanyama Safari
Anniversary dinner in the Queen Victoria Room at Victoria and Alberts
Dinner at California Grill with a window seat overlooking Wishes fireworks
Fantasmic lunch package
Le Cellier restaurant
Jiko restaurant
And of course visits to all 4 of the theme parks.

We drove to Florida from Indy.

So we packed up the car on Thurs nt before I went to work. I work nights and got off work at 7 am Fri Sept 10’th. Got home picked up Mark (DH) and we were on the road by 8am. Mark gets motion sick easy so he does all of the driving…bonus for me as I get to sleep. About an hour into the drive I fall asleep. I did wake up on an occasion (Louisville KY) to see heavy rain and semi’s pulling in front of us and quickly realize I want to go back to sleep as to not have to stress about the poor driving conditions. I wake up for the remainder of the trip just south of Nashville, TN. After an 8 hour drive we decide to stop in Perry GA. We stayed at a Howard Johnsons that may have been dated but was very clean and economical. $45 a nt. for a king. The room also had a fridge and microwave. I would recommend this hotel.

Sat morning we wake up early and start our drive to Daytona Beach. Mark decides he wants to try the scenic route and take A1A down the coast from Jacksonville to Daytona…big mistake as there are so many houses you can’t really see the ocean and there are ton of stop lights. So once we hit St. Augustine Beach we jump back onto interstate 95. We finally make it to Daytona Beach about 2 pm about an hour later then planned. We check into our hotel Days Inn Tropical Seas. We have an ocean front king room for only $75 nt. We both really liked this room very clean and a killer view. With a microwave and fridge this room had all we needed.

After checking in we went down to the pier a block away and ate at Crabby Joes. I had a clam poboy and Mark had a shrimp poboy. They were OK for fried food. While sitting and waiting for our meal we got a show by the lifeguards. Seems some guy laying on an air mattress had gone past the bouy and with the riptides was unable to get back into shore. So a lifeguard went running past us all the way to the end of the pier and jumped in and another took a boogie board off her truck and started paddling out to the guy. All ended well.

We enjoyed our 2 nt stay in Daytona and I’m not going into any more details about it since we’re all really here for Disney. Funny thing is I had so much fun @ Disney that I had almost forgot that we stayed in Daytona Beach.

The room in Daytona Beach
Stauske****DaytonaBeach2010020.jpg

and of course the view
Stauske****DaytonaBeach2010024-1.jpg

editted to add these images won't show up why? I have resized them to med. and am having no problem posting pics in other threads.......help.

Monday Sept 13’th we finally arrive at the World.

Wake early and hit the road at 6:30 am (not early enough for my liking). Our plans were to check in at AKL early and make it to AK for early EMH at 8am. Mark doesn’t seem to appreciate my desire to get to the park to take advantage of the EMH and thinks we’ll have no problem getting around the park. HAH I didn’t study these boards for months to ignore the great advice.
So we hit Orlando traffic and OMG it is bumper to bumper and takes forever to get through. We finally arrive at AKL at about 9 am Mark and Taibi (valet) deal with all the luggage. Hehe they actually had to use 2 carts to haul it all up. Taibi was great through out the whole trip he would always come up to Mark and shake his hand and say hi…and always remembered what park we we’re going to that day. Actually on the day we left somebody else was helping us load up the car and Taibi was busy with another guest as soon as he could he ran over to us and hugged us goodbye. Now when they said welcome home when ever we returned to the lodge it did feel like we’re coming home. Tearing up just thinking about it.:hug:
While the guys are taking care of the massive amounts of luggage I practically run in to the check in desk:yay: …..I told you I was excited. I waited in line maybe 30’sec when the online check in guy calls me over to his area (I did not do online check in). I wish I had written down his name because he was great and had the patients of a saint with me. :worship:I had requested a king room on the 2-3 floor. They had a king room already assigned to us near the lobby and on the 3’rd floor but it would directly look out at the Arusha rock area. I knew we would want more privacy from the public that would be out there observing the animals so I asked if there might be something else somewhere else. After a couple of different rooms I finally settled on a 2 queen room near the end of the hallway on the 4’th floor. I kept apologizing to him but he was adamant that he wanted to make sure that we had a room we would like. So done with checkin in about 5 mins .
Mark and I make our forever treck down the hallway stopping at all of the look out areas. Finally make it to the room and fall in love with it. Can I move in and live here?
StauskeSafari020.jpg

StauskeSafari022.jpg

StauskeSafari036-1.jpg

19thAnniversary101.jpg

There were several Red River hogs digging in the ground and some Roan Antelope nearby, and we looked out over a watering hole. Watched a pack of Guinefowl come running by clucking away they were hilarious.
Bell services arrive with our luggage and Mark and I have got to get something to eat. So we head down to Mara and get some chocolate croissant and a muffin. Yummy. We would end up getting the chocolate croissants everyday for breakfast they were that good.
So while we’re sitting in the outdoor dining area we discuss our plan of attack for the day. Since we have to be back at the lodge by 3:45p for the safari our selections were limited. Mark still wanted to go to AK and I told him there was no way, that it would be to crowded at this hour because of early EMH. He just couldn’t understand but decided that maybe MK would be good. So out to valet we go and we’re off to decipher the puzzle of Disney World road signs. OMG not the easiest signs to try to follow and I’m pretty good with directions…..finally got it down pat about the second to last day. We only got lost 3 times the whole trip but more about that as it occurs. We did drive our own car the whole time and never took Disney transportation.:drive:
StauskeSafari043.jpg

Find MK and am so very excited :hyper:Mark however got very frustrated w/ the parking attendants and becomes a buzz kill. Little did he know how fortunate we got and how close our parking was. It was closer to walk directly to TTC then the tram. Then he starts complaining about having to take more transportation just to get to the park. He keeps saying that it was never that way as a kid and that the parking lot was right next to the park.:confused: I’m like umm it was this way when I was there in the mid 80’s. We decide to take the monorail instead of the ferry since it was so hot and humid.
So MR. Buzzkill starts b****ing about having his fingerprint scanned and isn’t happy about my desire to get a pic of him in front of MK.
StauskeSafari046.jpg

At this point I’m pretty upset and about ready to cry. :sad2: We get into the park and first thing we see is Pinocchio, then Pluto pluto:& Daisy Duck signing autographs. That puts a little smile on my face. As we are walking down Main St. and see a passport photographer I ask Mark about pics and he is surprisingly willing.
StauskeSafari079.jpg

The next thing you know here comes a parade down Main st……..Thank You Walt for knowing how to put anybody in a good mood, our whole attitude just changed and things got so much better after that.pixiedust:
StauskeSafari055.jpg

StauskeSafari068.jpg

StauskeSafari076.jpg

StauskeSafari057.jpg

So when it comes to rides Mark and I are the exact opposite I love thrill rides and he has inner ear problems so he can’t ride them. My plan was to get FP’s and to come back later Mark though doesn’t want to do all that backtracking so you can kinda figure out how the whole week went. So our plan of attack was to get over to Tomorrowland so that I can get a FP for Space Mountain. Get that FP which was about 45 min away. Then I get a FP w/ Marks KKTTW for Buzz Space Ranger. Then we go over and check out Stitches great escape:stitch: since it was only 5 min wait. Get done with that walk around a little and sit and wait 15 min for FP time. Finally time to get on Space mnt…..weeeeeeee Then onto Buzz I really enjoyed spinning my car around a lot more then the actual shooting. We both then jump onto the People mover and enjoy a nice breezy cool down.
Time to start working our way back to the front of the park. We make it out to the castle area and start hamming it up in front of the camera and volunteer to take pics for others. Just a little way to help spread the magic.
StauskeSafari097.jpg

StauskeSafari098.jpg

StauskeSafari091.jpg

I am on a quest for my first pair of ears:earsgirl: and heard that you can design your own at Le Chaupell (?sp) on Main st. Search through a few stores and a friendly CM tells me where I can find Le Chaupell. I can’t find anything that wouldn’t be too hot so I didn’t get one. Thought we might take a train ride around the park but just missed the last one and wasn’t sure we’d have enough time before we had to get back for the Safari. So we headed out. Now I didn’t expect to spend the whole day at MK but we didn’t even scratch the surface so guess we’ll have to come back. We also didn’t get any pics with characters and that just wasn’t going to do for me.
Welcomed back home at AKL and head to Mara for a quick bite before the Safari. We both had the Chicken flatbread which was pretty good. Time to get back to the room to freshen up for the safari.
We get freshened up and are running a couple of minutes late. As we are walking down we get lost. We finally found the lobby and I forgot in all of the excitement where we were suppose to meet. So I ask front desk staff where to meet and they tell me Jiko....so we're running late and Mark is afraid we won't make it..........do we make it or do we miss the safari??????? TBC

I have stayed at the same hotel in Daytona. Its not the Ritz, but its clean, the people are nice, and the location can't be beat!
Sounds like your having fun so far. I hope you made the safari (I'm sure you did). :)
We stayed at AKL last year and LOVED it. My daughter loved seeing all the animals outside our balcony. Its such a beautiful place.
I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

:lovestrucWow what a lovely room! And you guys look so happy in those last pictures

Loving the TR, I have my own personal buzz kill (DH) so I chuckled a bit as I read knowing all too well how that can be :laughing: I am so excited to get to MK this trip, our last trip we never made it over there.

I see you checked in on a Monday morning same as we will be doing in November did you find it to overly busy at the check-in desk? I noticed you did not do online check-in, I have been thinking of doing it myself for the first time this trip only drawback is if room already assigned is not what requested seems it might be harder to change?:confused3

Anyhow can not wait to read more

I have to subscribe. We were there the same time as you! We arrived at AKL on Sept 15 and left Sept 21.

:wave2:Welcome all. I don't know how to do multi quotes in a single post so sorry if I don't welcome each of you individualy.

SJS314 no check in wasn't busy. I was the only one standing in line while maybe 4-5 other guest were checkingin at the desk. The CM working online checkin had nobody in his line so he called me over to his desk maybe no longer hten 30 sec's after I step into line. Off course Sept is low crowd months.

Great start. I think the heat will bring out everyone's crankiness! AKL is my favorite resort. Love the pics:thumbsup2

Hey, just tripped over from the AKL thread. Excited to here and see your details. We are staying at AK upcoming trip in 18 days. (Actually using DVC rented points, but still a Savannah View room.) Looking forward to your reports. Curious to see your favorite dishes at Jiko.

Also, happy to hear about the Jambo / Kidani shuttle. We signed our DD up for Camp Kidani from 6 PM to 8 PM, giving us 2 hours to get from Kidani to Jambo, eat at Jiko, and get back to pick her up. We see how that goes, I probably should have just use the daycare facility (Simba's Clubhouse) but though she would enjoy Camp Kidani more.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventure!

Yay I think I've figured out the multi quote button. Hi to you all.
Great start. I think the heat will bring out everyone's crankiness! AKL is my favorite resort. Love the pics:thumbsup2
Yes the crankies where there on day one but it did get much better thankfully.

I'm sucked in can't wait to hear if you make it popcorn::
You'll see soon.;)

Hey, just tripped over from the AKL thread. Excited to here and see your details. We are staying at AK upcoming trip in 18 days. (Actually using DVC rented points, but still a Savannah View room.) Looking forward to your reports. Curious to see your favorite dishes at Jiko.

Also, happy to hear about the Jambo / Kidani shuttle. We signed our DD up for Camp Kidani from 6 PM to 8 PM, giving us 2 hours to get from Kidani to Jambo, eat at Jiko, and get back to pick her up. We see how that goes, I probably should have just use the daycare facility (Simba's Clubhouse) but though she would enjoy Camp Kidani more.

Looking forward to hearing of your adventure!
If you enjoy yourself even half as much as I did you love it.

Sorry for the delay in the story it was a busy weekend.

So I last left you with us running late for the safari. Before I continue I must let you know that I am normally very good with directions but……I had the Disney dizzies…..:upsidedowI was just so excited with everything going on that I never really got myself oriented, plus we didn’t get the time to discover the whole resort for 3 days after check in.
Also if staying in a savahanna view room give yourself plenty of time to get ready…..since you will inevitably be side tracked by all the animals outside your balcony.

So Mark and I do finally find Jiko and are the first ones there. Hummm maybe we’ll be the only ones on the safari. While waiting for the others to show Mark ask me where he can find concierge and then dismisses himself for a few minutes. At this point a gal checks in for the safari and we start a conversation. Before long the others show up and then our safari guide Amy. As we’re exchanging pleasantries I’m wondering if Mark is going to show back up soon or if I’m going to have to ask everyone to wait for him. He finally shows up and we are all on our way out to the truck. Yay there are only 5 of us instead of 12. Our safari took as around all of the savahana’s of Kidani and Jambo house and lasted about 1 ½ hr’s. Amy was a great guide and provided tons of info. The safari was much more relaxed then I expected and we all asked tons of questions. We got to know the names of many of the animals which I will try to include with my pics.
P.S. if anyone is going to do the safari take any old perfume or lotion you don’t use to them. Seems the animals love perfume and the stinkier the better.

This is what the safari truck looks like.
StauskeSafari147.jpg

This Ruppell's Griffon Vulture was named Wednesday. There were two others in the same tree with her they are all named after Adam family characters. Morticia and Fester. LOL
StauskeSafari217.jpg

This Zebra and the Wildebeest behind him got into a short lived kicking match.
StauskeSafari202.jpg

This Ostrich seemed curious about me.
StauskeSafari186.jpg

I can't remember this beautiful birds name but he followed us as far as possible through Kidani Savahanna
StauskeSafari169.jpg

StauskeSafari175.jpg

Just a few animals at Kidani
StauskeSafari156.jpg

This is Eve and Marley (I think that's his name, etleast it's what Mark & are calling him). Eve is the lighter colered female giraffe and Marley is darker and a male. They reside in the Arusha savahanna so Mark and I got to see them frequently. At one point when they were outside our balcony Mark called Marley's name and he actailly stopped and turned his head towards Mark.
StauskeSafari250.jpg

StauskeSafari256.jpg

StauskeSafari253.jpg

StauskeSafari258.jpg

StauskeSafari255.jpg

After the safari we were shown back to Jiko and given warm washcloths to clean up with. Our waiter was Leslie and he was great. He collected as many corks for me from our wine pairing as he could find. Chef Joshua was our chef for the evening and came out many times to talk to us and answer any questions we had.
I thought with everything being served family style that there may only be small samplings but I was wrong. There was plenty for everyone and they sent out way too much food for the entrée’s nobody left hungry.
I will list everything that we had but not a critique of each individual dish. Everyone had their own favorites and there wasn’t anything that nobody liked. This meal did include wine pairings with the exception of anyone underage…they received soda.

Trio of dips w/ assorted breads and home made Naan

Appetizer plates……paired with Graham Beck “The Game Reserve” Chenin Blanc,
Robertson
Crispy Curried Beef “Bobotie rolls” with Cucumber Raita, Green Mango Atjar and Honey Roasted Groundnuts……this was Marks favorite and he downloaded a recipe can’t wait to try his version.

Tibs Watt in Pannekoeke Stewed Beef rolled in Crepes with Peppadew-Olive Tapenade..this was my favorite.

Barbeque Chicken Flatbread with Apple-Jicama Slaw, African Barbecue Suace and Four Cheeses.

Intermezzo
Kettle One mint vodka gelato different but very tasty.

Entrees paired with Graham Back “Game Reserve” Cabernett Sauvignon, Robertson
Oak grilled Filet Mignon with Macaroni & Cheese and Red Wine Sauce……chef Joshua says that this red wine sauce takes four days to make.

Chermoula Tanglewood Chicken with Goat Cheese Potatoes, Preserved Lemons and Harissa……this chicken dish was the least favorite of the table but everybody loved the goat cheese mashed potatoes, can’t wait to try these at home.

Maize-crusted Halibut with Vegetables of the moment and Tomato-Butter Sauce. The Halibut was everybody’s favorite entrée…..surprised me since I had read so many great reviews of the Filet w/ mac & cheese I expected to prefer it.

Dessert Platters paired with Kanu Kia-Ora Noble Late Harvest, Stellenbosch ‘05’
This wine was too sweet I just couldn’t drink it.

Pistachio Crème Brulee with chocolate-layered bottom.

Tanzanian Chocolate Cremeux with Chocolate Cherry Mascarpone & Cocoa Nibs

No sugar added Cheesecake with Vanilla Crème Anglaise….oh yummy you would never had known this had no sugar added…..it too was a favorite of the table.

After a great safari and wonderful meal we relaxed with a cup of coffee and all said our goodbyes.

After dinner I had planned to surprise Mark with fireworks from the Poly beach….but we were both too tired and just wanted to relax in the room……guess our age is starting to show.

I had forgotten to mention that I was looking forward to trying the Zebra Domes. We had gotten them for our lunch and have to agree they are addictive.:lovestruc

Tomorrow we see what’s in store for our 19’th anniversary.

So we wake up on Tues morning to view the animals doing their morning migration to the feed barns. I finally get ready to leave as it is hard to not watch the animals. I put Marks Happy Anniversary button on him and he questions why we have to wear them. I say it’s in the hopes of getting free F.P. and extra special pixie dust. He is a trooper and dons the button w/o an argument.

As Mark opens the door to leave the room there is a gentleman getting ready to knock on the door. There is a delivery of the most beautiful red roses. I had forgotten that Mark had went to concierge last nt before the safari. Now it’s all starting to make sense. Mark had called concierge before the trip and arranged to have the roses delivered to me for our anniversary. He had gone to the concierge to tip the gentleman who had helped him, can you believe that he refused the tip……. I love this place.
The Disney florist did a great job. There were hidden Mickey Jewels through out and the center rose was dusted with glitter. It was an absolutely breath taking arrangement.
19thAnniversary007.jpg

Pixie dusted rose
19thAnniversary005.jpg

Hidden Mickey jewel
19thAnniversary092.jpg

I had hidden a gift in the back of the car for Mark for our anniversary. He and Taibi discovered it while unpacking the car….so now was the time for Mark to open it. I had bought him some huge Cabernet Sauvignon glasses….perfect since we had brought some wine to drink on the balcony.

Gifts opened hugs and kisses exchanged it was now time to get going to the Magic Kingdom. As we walk out our door mousekeeping is in the hallway see’s our buttons and wishes us a Happy Anniversary. I laugh at how quick we started getting congratulated. Mark loves getting attention so at this point he is really digging the anniversary button.

Once we are at the Magic Kingdom everything is going so exceptionally well very low crowds & short waits. I kept telling Mark it’s magic pixie dust. We start off in Adventure land and enjoy watching the spitting camel for a brief time. We then discover Jasmine and Aladdin. We decide to not wait in line but of course I have to stop to take one of a zillion pics. I must stop here and say that I was a freak with the camera and bless Marks heart he was very patient with me. While I’m taking pics the little girl w/ Jasmine wants nothing to do with Aladdin so he steps over to Mark and starts talking. I just missed a great pic of him shrugging his shoulders at Mark. Dangnabit. You can't see him but Mark is on the other side of the pillar where Aladdin is looking.
19thAnniversary012.jpg

We then walk right onto Jungle Cuise and Pirates of the Carribean.

We make our way over to Frontier land and ride the railroad which was so nice and peaceful until 2 young boys, their mother and grandmother got on at Main st. station. The grandmother and mother yelled at one of the boys all the way until we stopped at Frontier Land. I’m sure that the poor boy was embarrassed as heck. Poor little guy. However that was the worse thing that happened all day so I’d say a pretty great day.

We run into Woody from Toy Story and his girl friend. I don’t know her name. Since we don’t have children if it’s not a classic character I may not know who it is…..this won’t be the last time during the trip.
19thAnniversary038.jpg

We watch the kids running through the spray of water on the bridge from Splash mnt. We decide to ride Splash Mnt before we leave incase our shoes get wet (which we ended up not doing). End up stuck (read lost) back in the area for Big Thunder R.R. I love the thrill rides but have learned that the old wooden coasters can really throw you around…so I decided to skip it.

We stop for a snack and I get my first Mickey ice cream bar. Oh Yum
19thAnniversary044.jpg

Country Bear Jamboree is getting ready to start so we go in and watch it. Cute little show I’ve never seen before and unless I have a small child to take probably won’t see again. LOL. Come out of CBJ show and fall in love with some Minnie Ears. So after waiting 36 yr’s I finally get my first pair of ears, Thanks Mark.
19thAnniversary051.jpg

So with my beloved ears on it’s time for some lunch. Mark likes what he sees
on the menu @ Liberty Tree Tavern so we stop there for lunch. We were sat in about 3 minutes w/o a reservation. Once at the table we had ordered in about 5 min max and our food came out in only 2 minutes. We had both ordered the corned beef sandwich with fries. It was good but very large we could have easily split one.
I forgot to mention that when I booked our package I had a pin # I was unaware of. We received free dining plan and discounted park hopper tickets. This was before the free dining plan was opened to the public. The best thing about this was I was able to make my ressy’s at 180 days out knowing we had the free dining plan. We were going to use table credits for our lunch but Teresa our waitress was very nice and told us that we could get a better value by using our credits at a more expensive meal. Thanks Teresa for helping out a Disney Dizzy, but we should have used it as we each had a counter service left at the end of the trip.

Belly’s full and Minnie ears in place we walk on over to Haunted Mansion and have a 10 min wait. As usual we both enjoy this ride. It’s A Small World is under refurbishment and Mark is disappointed after all isn’t it a necessary ride? Peter Pans Flight has a longer wait so we each get FP’s. I can’t remember ever riding Snow Whites Scary Adventure so I walk right on. Now I know why I didn’t remember it, it’s pretty boring….not even much of a cute factor. LOL. We then each get on the carousel I had to laugh the whole time I just can’t believe that Mark rode this or myself for that matter. It’s great to be kids again. I ride The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, then it’s time to ride Peter Pan.
19thAnniversary053.jpg

There was a dress shop in Fantasy land that I wanted to look in. Once inside we discovered this was one of the BBB. It was so great there was a little princess that had just gotten done in BBB while she stood by the register while daddy paid I asked the princess if I could take her picture she was so proud as she posed for us. It brought tears to my eyes and as I looked at Mark he had tears in his. Just a magical afternoon.

We found Mary Poppins and her Chimney Sweep signing autographs. As they were signing and posing the band next to them started playing Supercalifrogolistic (?Sp) and Mary started singing the song perfectly.
19thAnniversary071.jpg

We ran into the Cinderella fountain and I had to show Mark how if you look just right she is wearing a crown, then we started volunteering to take others pictures. It was time for us to start heading out of the park so we did not get to make it to Toon Town Fair or what may have even been open since they are under refurbishment.

Our timing was so good the whole day it even followed through on our way out. There was a show going on at the castle that we got to catch and then there was no waiting in line for Pluto. So we got to talk and have our pics done w/ him. Yay bonus.

Stopped in and made a few souvenir purchases on Main st before leaving. I really didn’t expect to spend much time at Magic Kingdom let alone two days, but I was amazed at how much fun we had. It is great being a kid again.
19thAnniversary081.jpg

We never did score free FP’s for wearing our anniversary buttons but got tons of congratulations. It was funny how surprised ppl were when they discovered that was the exact day of our anniversary.

So we head back to AKL and sit out on the balcony and enjoy a glass of wine with our view.
Eve
19thAnniversary099-1.jpg

East African Crowned Crane
19thAnniversary087.jpg

Marks favorite the Red River Hogs
19thAnniversary089.jpg

Next post will be our experience at Victoria and Alberts Queen Victorias room.

Our 19 yr anniversary dinner at Victoria & Alberts Queen Victorias room

Driving to the Grand Floridian for our reservation was an experience in itself. We didn’t realize that we would actually have to go through the Magic Kingdom gates to get to it and of course we were on the far left side of the gates while the road we needed to take was on the far right. So we had to drive down and turn around right before The Richard Petty Driving Experience and then go back to the next turn around. Of course we were running a little late. Darn those animals for hanging out in front of my balcony and making me late.:lmao:

We finally make it to the beautiful Grand Floridian. There is construction going on in their front entry and I look up and gasp at the long and winding detour sidewalks. I am wearing a new pair of high heels that are a little higher then I am use to. Every step felt like I was walking a tightrope and that I would wobble and fall over. Thank goodness I had Marks arm to hold onto for balance. So we make our slow and gingerly walk through the maze. I laugh thinking about how I must have looked and I wasn’t even drunk.

Once inside we find the elevator we were told to take. Mark doesn’t seem to think this is the elevator so we slowly and gingerly walk past it and back towards a gift shop. I ask in the gift shop and sure enough they say the elevator we just passed would take us up but with the construction they would recommend the bird cage elevator on the other side of the lobby. So we slowly and gingerly walk over there and push the up button and wait, and wait,……..and wait,……and wait. Mark finally walks around to the other side of the elevator facing the lobby and see’s that it’s not moving and appears to be stuck on a floor. So we slowly and gingerly walk back to the original elevators (of course you can imagine the few choice words going through my mind lol). Push the up button and wait, …….and wait.…… and wait. Of course we look over to the birdcage elevator and it’s moving again. Have to laugh at this point. Finally the elevator comes and we are on our way up. I’m am not fooling when I say it took us 10 mins from dropping the car off at valet before we were in the restaurant. Also want to note here that this valet refused the tip Mark offered.

Now for the review of V & A.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38415846#post38415846

Your roses were beautiful , amazed at the gold leaf and the lil mickey jewels!

I missed MK last year, long story and only made a quick trip there to pick up some ears with embroidered names on them for gifts in 2006 so I was surprised to find out that Aladden and Woody the newer movie charactors are now there. My last visits back in the 90's the movie charactors were only over at DHS(MGM) back then. MK had the classic ones Mickey, Minnie, Pluto etc. Nor sure how I feel about the additon of the more recent ones, a little sad I think, I like the "old" MK.

I had a good laugh over your elevator expierence, I could totally see something like that happening to me.

Glad you had such a wonderful time at V&A, it is too bad you did not get to see HallowWishes or get any fast passes. I enjoyed your review of V & A it is the first one I have read since it is not something DH and I would ever do, I no longer drink because of a kidney problem and DH likes his food plain, no sauces or dressings, he prefers nothing to touch on the plate, and does not eat anything that is white. Some people have children who are picky eaters, I have DH :rotfl:

Can not wait to read more!

Great TR and subscribing! :surfweb:

Enjoying all the details of V/A Anniversary dinner. How lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter