A Salute To All Things Disney, But Mostly Food - A Feb 15 Dining Report - That's a Wrap 7/18

Then it was time for one of Casey's favorite AK activities: The Dinoland Dance Party. We'd found this by accident a few trips back and have made sure we catch it every time since then. For those unfamiliar its always a mix of characters that dance with everyone for 15 mins or so. Casey absolutely loves it, but unfortunately for anyone who hasn't done this, it is sadly now gone. Not sure why Disney decided to stop it, but bad Disney, bad!!!!

Aw what?! I was excited when I was reading, then immediately got sad. This would have been fun for DS (if he ever warms up to the characters that is :rolleyes1)

Please do enjoy Jason's nuts (and insert your own punchline here)

Salty?

:rotfl2::lmao:

These were nice and sweet and had a good flavor. For some reason I was expecting them to be warm, but they were decidedly cold.

Nuts should definitely be warm.

:lmao: Okay I think i've hit my limit of innuendo's on your thread for today:rotfl:

Before we left for the day we caught a showing of the Nemo Show, which we'd never seen before. I'm sure I'll get some haters out there but I really didn't like this. I knew it was Avenue Q-esque and the puppetry was fantastic - especially Crush - but the music was just plain awful. Of course not the songs that were actually from Nemo, but the rest sounded like something even I could have written. I'm glad we tried it (Jason for the record is still bitter though), but we'll stick to the lion king show from now on. #EndRant

The very first time we saw it, DH HATED it. Legit hated it. That was when we we had no kid. DS comes along, now DH loves it, even though it's the exact same show. I think it's cute but i'm not a hater. :flower3: Perhaps hitting up the Dawa Bar before will help :hyper:
98b5cef3-7951-48b9-abed-5b6fdc338b14.jpg

I so regret not ordering this. But it would have looked ridiculous for one person to order this....right? Maybe not :confused3

I got the durban which came with a gewurztraminer, cabernet, and chakalaka (love that name) blend which is made from mostly syrah. Jason got the Johannesburg which came with a pinotage, syrah, and a syrah blend. His syrah blend ended up being our favorite so we ordered a bottle of it: The Edgebaston Pepper Pot. This was a full bodied spicy wine that had some fruit and pepper notes (go figure from the name).

Uh, how did I not see a wine tasting :sad2::sad1: I'm reading this update and i'm just so disappointed with myself. No more dance party, no naan and no wine tasting. I need a redo!

I'm sure no one will be surprised that we finished off the night back in our room with more South African wine. Liquid desserts really are the best after all ; )

Definitely not surprised! ::yes::

That bread service looks amazing. I love naan....especially the garlic kind...but I understand your rationale for getting the plain with all those fabulous dips. That looked like it could have made a meal in itself. The rest looked good too of course...but a lot of food!!
The bread service is one of my Disney favs, but definitely a lot of food. Hence our decision to stick to some liquid dessert ; ) Last time we'd just done the 3 or 5 sauce version, so it was really fun to try all nine. I contemplated trying some of the cheese bread, but things like cheese and mangos and cheese and pickles, just wasn't doing it for me.

I would love to try the naan and all nine of the dips, although I'd skip the hot one. But in general I find the food choices at the AKL restaurants to be a little scary since there are so many things that I never heard of. :eek: I've never been very adventurous when it came to food. But your meal looks good. :)
I think the bread service is a good way to slowly jump into the spices of AKL. They tend to have some "normal" items on the menus of Jiko and Sanaa, just the spices they use are a little different.

I wasn't always the "adventurous" eater I am today. But being married to a chef, he was gonna take me along on his food journey whether I liked it or not. Thankfully for me I journeyed in his direction. Our honeymoon primarily centered around food (Vegas), wine (Napa), and Disney (Land that is) and I'll never forget the first restaurant we went to in Vegas when Jason ordered sweetbreads, tongue, and brains. I figured you only live once so I tried it and loved all 3. I don't like everything he gets me to try (I'm looking at you mushrooms and pigs ears) but figure whats the worst that can happen ; )

really odd question, but we're staying at AKL soon, with the bunks! how was the comfort of the bunks? any difference from the value resort beds?
First, you'll completely love AKL. Wilderness Lodge will always be my Disney "home" but AKL has an immersive quality to it that I don't think the other resorts can even compare too. Be sure to take your time and enjoy the resort as much as you can, especially the food ; )

I obviously didn't sleep in the bed, but I did venture up to the top bunk to lay with Casey one morning and thought it was comfy (however I did get stuck up there, more to come on that in the next update). I can sleep just about anywhere as long as I am horizontal, ands its been a few years since we valued it up, but I'd venture that the bunk was more comfortable than the beds at AoA or Pop.

Sanaa is my #1 can't wait to experience restaurant of our upcoming trip. And knowing they do wine flights, has just made it all the more anticipatory!!!
YEAH!!!! You're gonna love it. And the flights are definitely the way to go. The more wine the merrier right ; ) And Sanaa should definitely help with the disney convert conversion.

Jason's nuts look delectable!

Oh Sanaa. The syrah sounds lovely!
They were certainly delectable. I'll be sure to tell Jason you think so too. :rotfl2:

I had a light lunch so looking at the bread service right now has my tummy growling big time :rotfl2: Oh how we love Sanaa and the naan there with all the sauces is just plain amazing! I have never had a bad meal there, bad service yes, but loooove the food their!! Thank you so much for sharing.
All our dining reviews really should come with a warning not to read while hungry. I do that all the time and it impure punishment.

This was only our second time in Sanaa, but like you the food has always been perfect. Thankfully never any bad service, but nada to write home about either.

How did I not know about this?!?!

Noooo!!!
I know, so sad. The only thing that is close now is the disney jr dance party during nighttime EMH at MGM. Casey enjoyed this too, but Dinoland was so unexpected and with some "harder to find" characters a ton of fun. Casey got to do her 4 year old version of the electric slide with brer fox. And even I channeled my inner jr high dancer a bit and usually only alcohol fuels that.

This bread service looks fantastic. It might be the only reason I go to AKL in the future.
That and the carrot soup at Jiko are worth the trip alone.

Yum. I'm pretty familiar with South African wines because they're good and more affordable than other regions. With that said, I don't recognize most of these. Yet another reason to go. ;)
You're gonna have to school me then, cause I know jack and squat about them. But clearly enjoyed.

Sanaa is one of my absolute favorites! I'm with you, I think the coconut chutney is the best one. I didn't know you could order more bread (even if it is an extra fee) so that's really good to know - so many sauces, so little bread! And I got the durban shrimp the first time I was there, and it was also way too spicy for me. I went with something else the second time we ate there. The butter chicken is my absolute favorite. Now I'm hungry for Sanaa again!
That coconut chutney is heavenly. They so need to jar that stuff and sell it. I'd be in for a few cases.

The bread to sauce ratio is definitely off. Had no idea we could order more, but thankfully our waiter offered.

Don't think I've tried the butter chicken so I"ll have to give that a whirl. I'm with ya on the shrimp though. I love spicy food and it was almost unbearable. It almost felt like it should be one of those things you eat and get your name on a wall ; )

Great update and how awesome, an impromptu dinner at Sanaa!

I am glad to hear you can do this. We are eating here on our trip we are about to take and I have always thought it doesn't look like much bread when you get all sauces, so it's good to know you can order a couple of extra pieces.

Can't wait to read more!
Hope you love Sanaa, clearly we did. And enjoy your trip in 2 days!!!!! We'll be a week behind ya!

So glad that I took a sneak peak at your DR while I was at the airport and made sure I carried my Annual Pass with me for discounts. I totally agree, why can't this and the TIW card be stored in your magic band like all our other information?

Love, love Saana. I haven't tried the lamb, but love that spicy shrimp. And the naan bread is worth the trip over there.

Are you in disney now???? Totally missed that.

No earthly idea why these seemingly magic bands that can open my hotel room cannot tell someone I have an AP or TiW card. Way to go disney technology. Good news is I was able to get them the other day so we are set for the next trip, just gotta get another TiW card.

BTW, love your Merida avatar. Is that new?

Oh, Kari. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Like you wouldn't have thought almost the same thing ; )

I've never had any interest in the Nemo show, for all of the above reasons. :sad2: But I have a first-timers and a Nemo fan with me on the next trip, so I have a feeling that I'm going to be subjected to it in December.
It's tolerable, just don't expect too much from the music. Oh and take a queue from Leshaface and load up on some Dawa Bar before hand ; ) It will make it all better.

"Mama juice." That's awesome. :rotfl:
And you'll be shocked to know beer = Daddy Juice in our house. Nothing but the best example setting in our house.

I've been craving naan for about two weeks now, thanks to all of the reviews I read of Sanaa. I'm glad you had another great meal there. I would like to try a lunch so I can have that view! Looks like such a beautiful restaurant. Can't wait to read more of your reviews!
I've got a bit of a naan thing too and Sanaa's is definitely some of the best I've ever had, but clearly the sauces but it over the top. FYI trader joe's actually sells some pretty good frozen naan. Their tzaziki is pretty good too. It's no Sanna, but a good tide me over.

Definitely give lunch a whirl. It's such a quick bus ride from AKL its almost like you are eating in the park. And even better they always have last minute openings.

Hi Kari! :wave2:
I'm following along. Just got caught up to Cali Grill but wanted to say hello and let you know I'm really enjoying your DR! We have a trip planned for next year and are going to try the DDP so I really love all of your signature restaurant reviews ....since we have never been to any of them! 8-) I'm a self proclaimed research junkie so thanks for your great detailed reviews!!

Kelly
Hi Kelly! Thanks for coming along on the food journey and glad you are enjoying. I'm like you, I love to read all the reviews in the name of research ; )

I just read your trip report too and it looks like you had a great trip to DL. We went on our honeymoon almost 8 years ago now but haven't been in several years. Think we may try and go sometime next year so you get to help with my research too ; )

Aw what?! I was excited when I was reading, then immediately got sad. This would have been fun for DS (if he ever warms up to the characters that is :rolleyes1)
There is still the disney jr dance party @ MGM that Casey likes too, just not quite so much as the Dinoland party. I mean, she got to do a conga line through AK, how cool is that ; ) And I'm sure by next trip larger than life animals will seem perfectly normal to your son.
:lmao: Okay I think i've hit my limit of innuendo's on your thread for today:rotfl:
And this is why we get along so well. Two peas in the proverbial disney innuendo and drinking pod :love:

The very first time we saw it, DH HATED it. Legit hated it. That was when we we had no kid. DS comes along, now DH loves it, even though it's the exact same show. I think it's cute but i'm not a hater. :flower3: Perhaps hitting up the Dawa Bar before will help :hyper:
So you mean I have to watch it again to like it???? Though of course the prospect of some Dawa does make it sounds more palatable.

I so regret not ordering this. But it would have looked ridiculous for one person to order this....right? Maybe not :confused3
Of course you should have gone for it, because if nothing else hello leftovers. Though I think in the rush you had to leave your last visit you were lucky just to pay the bill.

Uh, how did I not see a wine tasting :sad2::sad1: I'm reading this update and i'm just so disappointed with myself. No more dance party, no naan and no wine tasting. I need a redo!
Just call me your own personal debbie downer

I'll never forget the first restaurant we went to in Vegas when Jason ordered sweetbreads, tongue, and brains.
I've had tongue by accident - not knowing what I had eaten until after I had eaten it, and it was pretty good.

No earthly idea why these seemingly magic bands that can open my hotel room cannot tell someone I have an AP or TiW card. Way to go disney technology. Good news is I was able to get them the other day so we are set for the next trip, just gotta get another TiW card.
We had a waitress tell us that she could see that we had an AP and she automatically applied the discount for us. But that was in the early days of the MB's and I have a feeling that they are instructed not to do that anymore. It would be really nice if they could see that you have a TiW card but there isn't any way that you can add it to your MDE account, yet.

I drool over the bread service at Sanaa every time I see it. I haven't tried it yet because the rest of the menu really doesn't thrill me. Eventually we will make a trip over there and just order drinks and bread service. It is good to know that it barely costs anything to add extra bread.

We had a waitress tell us that she could see that we had an AP and she automatically applied the discount for us. But that was in the early days of the MB's and I have a feeling that they are instructed not to do that anymore. It would be really nice if they could see that you have a TiW card but there isn't any way that you can add it to your MDE account, yet.
If they could have done it once upon a time, it appears that has stopped. Seems very plausible to put the AP and TiW on there so anyone can see it. But of course getting a 4th FP on my phone seems like it should be simple too

I drool over the bread service at Sanaa every time I see it. I haven't tried it yet because the rest of the menu really doesn't thrill me. Eventually we will make a trip over there and just order drinks and bread service. It is good to know that it barely costs anything to add extra bread.
That bread is definitely drool worthy. We obviously love the menu, but if you're just interested in the bread they have a great lounge area that would be perfect for bread and drinks.

We've got a busy weekend (hair appointment for me (goodbye roots), Casey's dance recital, my nieces bday, and the inlaws coming to down) and then I'm headed to St. Louis for work first thing Monday morning, so I wont have time to post our last day. So I thought I'd read everyone in on our plans for our weekend trip.

So in case I hadn't mentioned it, we're going to DISNEY IN FIVE DAYS!!!!! And Casey had Jason have no idea. Plan is to surprise Jason at work on Thursday afternoon and then head to the world from there. I've almost spilled the beans about 20 times, including this morning when Jason and Casey were discussing the need for light up minnie ears, but so far so mums been the word.

So very uncharacteristic of me, I've made some ADR's. I know, I know, I'm not proud I've let go of my laissez faire style but I'm terrified of what the summer crowds will bring and since we booked last minute I didn't want to take any chances. Every day is an 8 on the crowd calendar and we've never been on a day more than a 4, so I have no clue what we'll encounter. Plan is to still take it easy and relax as much as we can, just didn't want to end up eating at Nine Dragons for every meal.

So onward to FOOD - Here our our plans for the day. Would appreciate any insights or suggestions you all may have.

Thursday - Our flight will get in around 5 and then we'll ME it over to POFQ in our River View Room (thanks to Billie for letting me know about the military discount). Provided all goes as planned, figure we will try and score an ADR while on ME for Boatwrights. I've heard the food is good and since I'm not sure when we'll be back at PO again, figured we may as well try it out.

Friday - Plan is for MK this day as I was able to get a FP for mine train recently. No Anna and Elsa this time, so hopefully I can talk Casey through that one. I'll need to get a new TiW card when we enter so we can enjoy our 20% off! We have a lunch ADR at the Plaza to escape for the Florida heat and then dinner planned at Yachtsman steakhouse (a first for us). Jason unknowingly requested a rib eye and mac n cheese for fathers day, so this should fit the bill perfectly ; ) And I'm dying to try their charcuterie board.

Saturday - AK Day!!!! Hello Dawa Bar Bloddy Mary. I also have a late breakfast reservation at Tusker House and a lunch one for Yak n Yeti, so I'll let Jason decide which one he would like once the cat is out of the bag. For the evening the plan is to head over to Ep-A-Cot for some pizza at Via Napoli. I've been on the look out for an ADR at Teppan Edo too as I've been jonesing for some Japanese steakhouse, but no luck thus far.

Sunday - Another MK day where I think we'll try the 4th fast pass method for the first time. For lunch I was able to snag Liberty tree tavern before they shut down and I know some ooey gooey cake will be in order. Father's day dinner will be at a new to us place - Raglan Road! We usually skip DTD, due to all the construction and my unlove for shopping, but with the boat it seemed ideal.

Monday - We'll head home on a 3:30 flight. Plan to get some Epcot time in before we leave. Depending on when the ME pick up is, we'll likely just grab something at the POFQ quick service.

Bring on the suggestions!!!!!

Wow...a surprise quick weekend!! But question for you...how will you know that Jason can get away for the weekend? Does he know you'll be away just not where? Curious as to how you are pulling this off...just in case I want to try something similar one day lol.

You have some awesome ADR's...I can't wait to try Raglan Road at night too...so score on that. I'm sorry no Anna/Elsa...that one is stressing me out for our trip in October...I really hope I can get it. Is a River View room the best thing to request at POFQ? I haven't put in any requests other than...close to the lobby/busses...but those rooms cost extra I think so...not sure what I should even ask for....

I'm interested to hear your reviews of Boatwrights since we'll be there too...hadn't put it on my list but if it's good we will try it!

How exciting! I admire your restraint in keeping this a secret. :thumbsup2 Your ADRs sound perfect. Your choices are almost exactly what I would choose if I were going tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about your meals and how the crowds were. Have a great time!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Wow...a surprise quick weekend!! But question for you...how will you know that Jason can get away for the weekend? Does he know you'll be away just not where? Curious as to how you are pulling this off...just in case I want to try something similar one day lol.
I coordinated with his boss for him to have the time off. Right now he knows nothing. My initial plan was just to show up at his work and pick him up, but the more I think about it it will be tough for him to just pick up and go even if his boss is there. Provided my plan stays under cover for the next few days, I'll probably tell him when I get home on Wednesday night so he can plan his day accordingly.

Is a River View room the best thing to request at POFQ? I haven't put in any requests other than...close to the lobby/busses...but those rooms cost extra I think so...not sure what I should even ask for....
I really don't know too much about the views at POFQ. We'd initially booked a standard room w/an annual pass discount and when I changed it to the military discount they only had river view's available, but it was $100 cheaper over the 4 nights. From what I can tell a view of the river is an upgrade from the standard, but may be noisy from the boats.

I'm interested to hear your reviews of Boatwrights since we'll be there too...hadn't put it on my list but if it's good we will try it!
You know I"ll share ; )

Your next trip sounds great!
Thanks. 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting! I admire your restraint in keeping this a secret. :thumbsup2 Your ADRs sound perfect. Your choices are almost exactly what I would choose if I were going tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about your meals and how the crowds were. Have a great time!! :goodvibes:goodvibes
And as I'm sure you've discerned about me, restraint is not my strong suit. But now I''m in the home stretch.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the ADRs. May swap some things based on Jason's preferences and availability, but I'm feeling pretty good about what we have

Wow 4 days!!! I'm so envious! I think you'll really like POFQ, it's really charming and has such a laid back feel to it. Congrats on keeping it all a surprise, it would kill me to keep such a secret. Have a fantastic trip! pixiedust:

I'm so JEALOUS! :yay:

I've mentioned this before but the collards at POFQ are quite tasty. :D Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!

Wow 4 days!!! I'm so envious! I think you'll really like POFQ, it's really charming and has such a laid back feel to it. Congrats on keeping it all a surprise, it would kill me to keep such a secret. Have a fantastic trip! pixiedust:
Thanks. 3 days now, but whose counting ; )

Can't wait to check out POFQ. It looks beautiful and I'm excited to check out the views of the river. This is my first moderate, except for CSR when I was a teenager so that doesn't really count.

I'm so JEALOUS! :yay:

I've mentioned this before but the collards at POFQ are quite tasty. :D Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!
Thanks for the reminder on the collards. Those and some beignets are definitely on the docket.

Enjoy your trip! You had asked for some suggestions at your restaurants & I've been to some of them.

Boatwrights: the one I haven't been to! I'm looking forward to your review as its on the radar. I have heard good things on the boards about the Crawfish Pieces appie, the Prime Rib and the Pecan Pie. I think the same reviews have cautioned about the jambalaya (possibly because it isn't as authentic as it could be?) I think the Shrimp & Grits gets mixed reviews. Partly, I think, because many guests have the "real thing" at home so . . . Since I can make a good prime rib at home, I've always put off visiting but maybe in the future . . .

Plaza (lunch): I have always loved the Vegetarian Sandwich (not a vegetarian but found the flavours good & a bit more unique than turkey club, etc), the Original Banana Split (awesome!) and their shakes.

Yak&Yeti: you've been here lots & going with the appies is the best approach. The Wok-Fried Green Beans are very good, the Dim Sum good & the Lettuce Cups OK. I don't get a lot of Dim Sum where I live so hard to compare with the real world. I've heard good things about the Ahi Tuna Nachos but haven't tried. Of course, Fried Wontons for dessert is a must do.

Raglan Road (dinner): this is one of my favs & worth braving the crowds at DD. I've got 2 ressies for this for the Fall & can't wait to get back. The Lambo (lamb shank) was great and the Ger's Bread Pudding fantastic. The Bread Pudding is huge & can definitely be shared. Its served in a cup with the sauce separate. Tease the pudding out of the cup with your fork onto your plate then drizzle the sauce all over. Yum! I've heard good things about the Scallop Forest appie and the Braised Be Beef but haven't tried (yet). The Schnitzel has been panned. When you check in, ask to be seated in the main room if you want to see the dancers and bands. It is loud in here so hard to carry on any kind of conversation. But it is an Irish Pub with great entertainment so that's the trade off. The boat to and from POFQ is wonderful. Even when not staying at POR or POFQ, I often take the bus to one of these resorts & then jump on the boat to DD. Enjoy!

Have a safe & fun vacation!

I told my husband about your plan to surprise your husband with this trip and he thought it sounded great. He would really like to take a last minute trip to Disney this summer, in spite of the heat and humidity he hates so much. But I agree with you that you might need to spring the trip on him a little early so that he would have time to prepare for his absence from work. :)

The boat from POFQ to DTD is really convenient. They reserve some space on the boat for the FQ guests so that it doesn't arrive full with POR guests. In fact, the reason we walked from POR to POFQ was because the line for the boat at the POR boat dock was too long and we would have had to wait for three boats to come and go before we could get on one. So we walked to FQ, had some beignets, and got on the second boat to come by. The boat ride is really nice. Just like to boat from WL to MK, it is best the way to travel. :)

I hope you can get into Teppen Edo. We did a lunch there two weeks ago and had so much fun and really enjoyed the food. I had the steak and shrimp and it was so good. The chef really seemed to be enjoying himself and put on quite a show.

I hope you can get into Teppen Edo. We did a lunch there two weeks ago and had so much fun and really enjoyed the food. I had the steak and shrimp and it was so good. The chef really seemed to be enjoying himself and put on quite a show.

I'm glad you really enjoyed Teppan Edo. I've been twice & both times thought it worthwhile. Years ago, I believe I had chicken and last Fall had the scallops. The only 2 knocks I have against it are 1) you can sometimes feel rushed by both the chef and server to get in and out so they can turn the table over. Last Fall, my dinner was all of 35 minutes and 2) I find the food sometimes lacks flavour because they don't season it much. Three sauces are served but they seem to all have a similar taste. The yum yum sauce wasn't all that yummy. Last Fall, I was tempted to ask for some Kikkoman soya sauce :duck:as my veggies & noodles side just needed a little somethin' somethin'.

Enjoy your trip! You had asked for some suggestions at your restaurants & I've been to some of them.

Boatwrights: the one I haven't been to! I'm looking forward to your review as its on the radar. I have heard good things on the boards about the Crawfish Pieces appie, the Prime Rib and the Pecan Pie. I think the same reviews have cautioned about the jambalaya (possibly because it isn't as authentic as it could be?) I think the Shrimp & Grits gets mixed reviews. Partly, I think, because many guests have the "real thing" at home so . . . Since I can make a good prime rib at home, I've always put off visiting but maybe in the future . . .

Plaza (lunch): I have always loved the Vegetarian Sandwich (not a vegetarian but found the flavours good & a bit more unique than turkey club, etc), the Original Banana Split (awesome!) and their shakes.

Yak&Yeti: you've been here lots & going with the appies is the best approach. The Wok-Fried Green Beans are very good, the Dim Sum good & the Lettuce Cups OK. I don't get a lot of Dim Sum where I live so hard to compare with the real world. I've heard good things about the Ahi Tuna Nachos but haven't tried. Of course, Fried Wontons for dessert is a must do.

Raglan Road (dinner): this is one of my favs & worth braving the crowds at DD. I've got 2 ressies for this for the Fall & can't wait to get back. The Lambo (lamb shank) was great and the Ger's Bread Pudding fantastic. The Bread Pudding is huge & can definitely be shared. Its served in a cup with the sauce separate. Tease the pudding out of the cup with your fork onto your plate then drizzle the sauce all over. Yum! I've heard good things about the Scallop Forest appie and the Braised Be Beef but haven't tried (yet). The Schnitzel has been panned. When you check in, ask to be seated in the main room if you want to see the dancers and bands. It is loud in here so hard to carry on any kind of conversation. But it is an Irish Pub with great entertainment so that's the trade off. The boat to and from POFQ is wonderful. Even when not staying at POR or POFQ, I often take the bus to one of these resorts & then jump on the boat to DD. Enjoy!

Have a safe & fun vacation!
Thanks for all the suggestions. Not sure what I will end up getting at boat wrights, but now know to steer clear of the jambalaya. Probably the shrimp n grits too as I make that at home.

I will have to look st the veggie sandwich at the plaza. Provided it doesn't have mushrooms it may be a good option for me.

Mm, green beans and dim sum always looks good to me. I'm really looking forward to the opening of morimoto as I understand they will have dim sum. We don't have a ton of options for dimsum in our area either.

Thanks for the seating tip in raglan, I thought you could always see the show so huge tip there. Jason and I both love lamb, so I'm guessing one of us will try the shank. And bread pudding. Yes please and thank you!!!!!!!

I told my husband about your plan to surprise your husband with this trip and he thought it sounded great. He would really like to take a last minute trip to Disney this summer, in spite of the heat and humidity he hates so much. But I agree with you that you might need to spring the trip on him a little early so that he would have time to prepare for his absence from work. :)

The boat from POFQ to DTD is really convenient. They reserve some space on the boat for the FQ guests so that it doesn't arrive full with POR guests. In fact, the reason we walked from POR to POFQ was because the line for the boat at the POR boat dock was too long and we would have had to wait for three boats to come and go before we could get on one. So we walked to FQ, had some beignets, and got on the second boat to come by. The boat ride is really nice. Just like to boat from WL to MK, it is best the way to travel. :)
I officially sprung the news last night. Jason sent me a text that gave me an obvious opening so I took it. His test said only 82 days to pretzels on the pooper ; )

Thanks for the tip on the boat. I didn't know the resorts shared, but it sounds like we should be in decent shape at POFQ. And ya know from WL we love the boat transport.

Glad to hear you all enjoyed it. No luck as of yet, but still a few more days to go. I haven't been to Teppan Edo since I was probably ten of so and would love to try it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter