A Ride Just For Laughs!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by TheLouCrew, Apr 22, 2013.

1. TheLouCrew

TheLouCrew Earning My Ears

I know this website is meant for disney rumors and news, but I always thought this: in the 1980s, when planning for DHS, WDI was planning on making an elevator ride that was exhilarating but also family-friendly. And so, they asked Mel Brooks (the famous comedian) to help them with the project. Hence, the project was called "HotelMel". But then, Mel Brooks and WDI began arguing about the project and eventually Mel left the project to make another movie. Thus, this led to the idea of the "Tower of Terror".

In the 1990s, Disney did have rides with comedians such as Ellen Degeneres and Drew Carey. Ellen's Energy Adventure still operates today, but it's now outdated.

With so much talk about bringing back original and experimental content to the Disney parks, is it possible for Disney to make a new full-fleshed ride using the famous comedians of today?

2. GWS

GWS Earning My Ears

I think this would date an attraction too quickly. I am not against using a funny comedian however who we find funny today we may not find them funny in 5, 10 or 15 yrs. Also with generation gaps comedian’s popularity changes to frequently to keep it current and interesting.
    Thinking of some of the comedians they used in the past, Tim Allen, Whoopi Goldberg and Drew Carey, just to name a few. All had or were placed in an attraction and look where those attractions are now….gone.

3. Spacedog1975

Spacedog1975 Mouseketeer

The technology behind the current Jack Sparrow attraction at Hollywood Studios could make for a very cool holographic stand up club. They could randomize which stand up artists that you get in a 20 minute session.

4. TheLouCrew

TheLouCrew Earning My Ears

I actually think that's a good idea. The Jack Sparrow interactive show seems too cheesy. Plus, there is already a Priates show coming to the Magic Kingdom in the summer. This would be something new and original for DHS.