A Return to the Happiest Place on Earth

7/5 - The Start to a Great Vacation

Once I checked in, I went back to the car. (yes, I left the family there while i got our room) I pulled the car around to the door nearest our room. Now, at first, I was a bit hesitant. I never like ground floor rooms. However, this one was not only right by the door to the outside, but right near the pool. It made it very convenient.

Once we got into the room, the guys did what they do best.

Steve of course got comfy and started reading.
IMG_1350.jpg

Alex started to watch TV and Zach was no doubt playing around on facebook.
IMG_1351.jpg

Meanwhile, I took some more pictures of the room.
IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for someone wanting to stay near seatac airport or Seattle. The bed and bedding were very nice and very comfy! The only complaint I have is the water was super cold and took FOREVER to warm up!

Once I was done assessing the room, our first order of buisiness was to do what? Well, according to what we told Zoe and Alex - our purpose was to go there to swim. So swimming was first up.

Zoe was thrilled!
IMG_1359.jpg

This water was also super cold. Despite the fact I rarely use hot tubs, I used the one here. With all the running I have been doing lately it was heaven. :cloud9:

These next pictures are pretty bad, but I thought I would share just so that you all can get an idea of what the pool area is like. The pool has little fountains that mark where the "deep end" starts. I am all of 5'4" and I could walk across the "deep end" :rotfl2:
IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

Once swimming was done, we decided to check out the managers evening reception. It was not our intent to make this our dinner, but after sitting down and eating this
IMG_1356.jpg

no one was all that hungry. It wasn't all that bad of food... it wasn't great, but it was free!

Here is the "dinning room"

IMG_1357.jpg

On our way to the hotel we had mentioned to the kids that we would be taking a trip to the mall. I needed to have my phone and ipad looked at. (there are no apple stores near my house so this is the closest) Also, there is a Disney Store and I thought it would be a fun way to pass some time before our trip.

The boys went off by themselves to shop. (Zach needed some sunglasses) while first Steve, Zoe and I went to the Disney Store. No purchases for us... it is a small store and I didn't want to spend too much time there since we still needed to get back to do our reveal.

I think every day of a trip has to have some sort of mishap or frustration. Our trip into the Apple Store was this day's frustration. We have so many apple products in our home. Steve is a "computer guy" by both profession and for fun. I myself am not too slow when it comes to computers. However, both of us neglected to realize one needs an appointment to be assisted in the "genius bar". Upon walking in, we were greeted by a smug man who I only wanted to punch in the face the longer we stood in front of him. I doubt I can do an impression of him through my writing that will convey just what a jerk this guy was. Each time either Steve or I would say anything he would wince a bit and then scrunch his face and say something like "cha hmm... tteeyeah, I wish I could help" or "cha hmm, tteyeah, do you have an appointment" the "cha hmm, ttteyeah" was a noise he made as he winced. Each time brought me closer to exploding. Fine, we get it.. no appointment = no playing with "smart guys". There just wasn't the need to be rude or treat us as though we were stupid!

After our fun time at the Apple Store, we met up with the boys and we each got a sweet drink as a treat. Steve, Zoe and Zach all got bubble tea smoothies from Big Orange. This place is very yummy...and the tapioca pearls in it are perfect. Alex and I both got some Tai drinks. He got a coffee and I got a tea. Both were super sweet, and Alex could not drink his coffee. I loved my tea even if it had a radioactive orange color to it. I think the smoothies were a better idea, but I wanted to try something new.

After the mall it was time to go back to the hotel for the big reveal. We did video tape it, but I am not sure how I feel about sharing it. It isn't the most flattering. :rolleyes: The run down went like this...

Once we got back to the hotel, Zoe and I put together a Cars puzzle. As we finished it, I asked her if she was a fan of Cars. She kinda shrugged as she said "not really". I asked Alex if he knew much about the cars movies to which he said "no" I continued to question them as Steve took a video of us and our conversation. I asked if Zoe would like to see the character we had just assembled in the puzzle in person or to ride in a car like that in real life. She was very hesitant as she figured out what we were talking about but thought we were joking. I think it didn't help that I couldn't stop laughing. I even caused us to slide backward in the reveal by saying "Do you really think I could keep a secret that long" (Seriously... I am not sure how I did... I can't even buy birthday gifts early cause I can't keep it secret) Both Steve and I asked the two of them if they would like to go on a plane the in the morning. When they said yes, we said "ok, then we will fly tomorrow morning" Zoe still didn't believe us. Steve offered to let her see the park tickets. Then she became very excited and hugged me. She thanked me as she actually began to shake with excitement. Focus then turned to Alex and I asked if he wanted to go or have Kira pick him up. He was then very concerned because I had only asked him to pack for one night and he would not have any clothes if he went. :rotfl2: Steve assured him that I had packed for him. This made Zoe realize that the suitcases she had got into were for this trip (oh:rolleyes: did I forget to mention that when the packing started that day, Zoe got into the suitcase I had packed for her and asked why there was a ton of clothing already packed, including disney clothes? Luckily, I have the fall trip that I was able to say the luggage was for) Once the excitement and laughter settled, Zoe became skeptical again. Little miss smarty pants began to think we were messing with her and wanted to check the tickets again. She suspected that they were old tickets from our last trip and so she had to check the dates. Once she saw current dates, she was thoroughly convinced.

After the reveal, I still had a bit more to shop for and so while they all went back to the pool, I went to the nearest wally world. (this experience almost claimed the "frustrating moment of the day" spot, but I survived it)

I arrived back to the room and got ready for bed far later than I had hoped. 11pm meant that if I were lucky, I would get 5 hours of sleep. Since we had booked a room with a king bed, and a queen sofa sleeper. Zach and Alex were in the queen and Zoe shared a bed with Steve and I. Now, if Zoe were a nice sleeper it would have been plenty of room. However, she is not and would not stop wedging her feet in my back. Finally between 1am and 2am I decided to use the cushions from the couch and sleep on the floor. Blissful sleep for an hour is all I got. Then Alex decided he wanted to use the restroom down the hall. (he was having tummy trouble and could not wait and Steve was already using the one in our room) I snoozed while he was out. At about 3am I decided to just get up and get ready to leave. We needed to catch the shuttle at 4:30am so as tired as I was, going back to sleep once Alex was back to the room didn't make sense.

Based on how the night went, I think I have decided that staying a room to avoid getting up super early at home is not the best idea. Even getting up earlier probably would have given me more sleep since I would not have been in the same bed as miss kicks a lot or in the same room as mr. wander the halls in the middle of the night and worry your poor mother. Then again, maybe it was all the excitement and none of us would have slept even at home. I guess if I really think about it, the night before we fly we never get any sleep. :rolleyes:

Next Chapter: 7/6 - Seatac to Johne Wayne with Bleary Eyes

What a great bib brother, always changing his mind...poor Zoe. :lmao:

Ohhh I love the reveal!

Sorry about lack of sleep...maybe we should let Zoe and Goo have a bed together and fight it out! I like my space when I sleep!

What a great reveal. I've already told my Munchkin about our trip (16 weeks and counting) and he wakes up each day with "We need to go to Disneyland NOW!"

I feel your pain with the nice sleeper bit. My little guy easily pushes me out of bed when he turns sideways. He's going to have a bed all to himself when we get to Anaheim. :thumbsup2

I'm here! I'm here! I love you ramblings about your families DL backstory. I can't wait to hear the fulllll dis closer on Carsland and on Miss Zoe with the surprise details!

:cool1: I am so glad you are here!! You love my ramblings? Well... just stay tuned I am sure there will be plenty more. ;)

I din't know it could be that bad at Disneyland unless you locked yourself in a bathroom the entire trip LOL :rotfl2:

Um... did you see the next set of pictures in the room? :rotfl: Ok...so maybe it wasn't totally like that. If you followed my December trip, you know that Steve has a tendency to want to spend much time in the room...sitting...and his boys are not too different. I vowed at the end of the December trip I would not EVER ask him to go to Disney again (other than our 25 year anniversary...and even that has me kinda wondering) However, Steve suggested this trip...so I thought we would be safe.

What a great bib brother, always changing his mind...poor Zoe. :lmao:

Ohhh I love the reveal!

Sorry about lack of sleep...maybe we should let Zoe and Goo have a bed together and fight it out! I like my space when I sleep!

I hope the reveal made sense. Steve worried the video would look cruel and people would think us bad parents. :rolleyes:

What a great reveal. I've already told my Munchkin about our trip (16 weeks and counting) and he wakes up each day with "We need to go to Disneyland NOW!"

I feel your pain with the nice sleeper bit. My little guy easily pushes me out of bed when he turns sideways. He's going to have a bed all to himself when we get to Anaheim. :thumbsup2

Have you done a countdown calendar? I usually do one and Zoe has always enjoyed them. I need to do one for our fall trip...50 days out is a nice number to count down from.

I think the bed all to himself will be awesome. Both of you will get sleep that way!!!

What a fun reveal, Ann! I cannot believe you kept the secret for so long, but what a fun partner in crime Zach is! :lmao:

Sorry about the little to no sleep situation and having to sleep on the floor. And now I cannot wait to hear more. ;) :thumbsup2

7/6 - Seatac to Johne Wayne with Bleary Eyes

So I mentioned that I decided to just stay up at 3am. Our shuttle to the airport was scheduled for 4:30am for our 6:55am flight. I am glad that I decided to just stay up. I was super tired, but even though we had only been there about 12 hours, it took us a bit to pack up and get ready. As we ran out of time (after I got everyone else up and ready) I ran out of time to do my hair. I decided we would have plenty of time at the airport and to just do it then.

We had a super nice driver. He got us to the airport in no time. My only complaint was (and this is on me...I forgot this is how it worked) that we were not dropped off right at departures and ended up needing to cross a roadway of sorts in order to get to the airport. We all had a piece of luggage so it was a bit tricky to navigate since we were all tired and didn't quite know where we were going.

Once we got inside the airport we went to a kiosk and began our check in process. This was a bit new to us since we had a person in the military to check bags. I was confused at first so I didn't check Zach in and went to an agent who then told me that I needed to go back and check him in at the kiosk but put that he has 0 bags. Then I would need to go back to see her. Zach as an active service member gets up to 5 free checked bags. :cool1: Guess what? We checked one for each of us.. under his name. That was quite the savings!!! :banana:

After we sent our bags on we went to find our gate. :scratchin Unlike our nice gate that was near a bunch of restaurants in Decembe, it was a small gate in an area with barely anything near it. However this remoteness made it so that using the bathroom to do my hair was not so embarrassing since few people were coming in. Course, then again maybe it was because no one else was up that early. :rotfl:

After I was ready, I didn't have too much time to take many pictures. I was able to get this of the boys though.
IMG_1362.jpg

Soon it was time to board and we were on our way to Orange County. The seats were comfy and roomier than the ones we had on our United flight back in December.

We flew over this
IMG_1363.jpg

Mt. Rainier is not too far from where we live. I am not sure what side of the mountain we are passing over, but I assume we passed right over our house.
IMG_1364.jpg

Steve slept almost the entire flight as did Zach. The rest of us snoozed a bit here and there.

Our seating was Steve, myself and then Zoe at the window with Alex directly behind her and then Zach behind me. (oh what fun that is to have a nearly 200 pound male using their table as a head rest to sleep on.:rotfl:)

In front of us were two children. (I suspect twins - boy and girl) They were about Zoe's age and their mother was in front of them. Now, I try not to judge. My kids can be grumpy and snippy and even entitled. They are by no means perfect nor am I a perfect mom. However... these kids and their mother. :confused3 I have a feeling they do not fly often. Zoe may have bumped their seat a time or two. The seats were kinda bumpy for a while (yes, turbulence can make your seat jostle who knew?) and ultimately when I retrieved my bag from under their seat, they started complaining. Now, a simple could you not touch my seat would have sufficed. (and even then really?) However, they wouldn't let it go. I said ok and they kept up with "really, don't don't my sisters seat again". I wanted to say "or what?" and just when I was about to get a bit snippy they flipped up the seat divider as if slamming a door in my face. :furious: Meanwhile mom was catering to them in weird ways. When they had to use the rest room she instructed them to climb over the stranger in the seat next to them (who was asleep) Then when snacks came round, she all but told the flight attendant to give her monsters the sleeping person's portion because she wanted to make her kids feel like they had a lot. Even the flight attendant gave her a funny look like "are you kidding me?" At another point in the flight, they were unhappy with how Zoe had her table down and it was bothering them again. Mom told them to climb up to be with her if they wanted personal space. The persons next to her put a stop to that though...they didn't want to have one of those kids climb over the back of their seats to get to the mom. (how rude of them to not allow it :rotfl2:) Another point in the flight Zoe began to sing to herself. Now, I love my dd but she isn't the best vocalist. Not bad for a 7 year old, but not a disney star. The two children started pointing back at her and laughing and huddling in close together. I assumed that it was because of the singing and the huddling was to whisper to each other. Shortly after we landed. All of a sudden Zoe could not find her head band (which apparently was special to her :confused:) I suspect that is what the children were laughing at. By the end of the trip we would learn something else that was very important was not longer with us...and it very well may have been on this flight that the item was lost...but then again maybe not. In any case, these kids were overly entitled and little brats!!!

We deplaned (not fast enough to get away from the monsters) and Zoe and I headed to a restroom while the boys waited for us. It took Zoe a bit of time to cath. Once out, we went to baggage claim. Wouldn't you know it? In the half hour we took the bags had not only arrived, but ours had lingered too long and were not locked in an office. :rotfl2: Not sure why these things happen when we are tired..but they do. We paged someone from the airline to come and open the office for us (I knew they were in the office because I could seen them behind the glass)

Once we had our luggage in hand it was time to go to.

IMG_1365.jpg

Now, we made the mistake of crossing the road to where all the other shuttles were. We then had to back track and find this odd little space under an over pass of some kind...and when we got there, we found we JUST missed the last bus and we would have to wait nearly an hour for the next one. :faint:

So after checking in and getting our "return ticket" we waited. We used the restroom again. Zach bought some snacks and we waited and waited.

Finally, this showed up.
IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

For those of you curious, this bus ride was quite nice and really comfy. The cost was about the same as taking any other mode of transport. I was able to pre purchase a family ticket (that is good for up to 5 people) There is only one that comes to collect passengers and we all rode to each resort until we came to ours. You would think this would make for a long ride, but I think we only stopped at two other hotels before stopping at ours.

Next Chapter: 7/6 - With Our Room Not Ready, What do we do?

I read all your updates before I left for work.

:woohoo: Woo Hoo for surprising the kids! I'm so happy that Zoe was excited.

I hear ya on trying to get the whole family to sleep in a hotel room the night before a flight. It never works with my family either. Someone is always waking someone else up.

ACK :headache: to those bratty kids on the flight. They were telling YOU not to touch their seat. Really? Usually its the adult that has to tell the kid to stop messing with their seat. They do sound like spoiled brats and I would have a hard time biting my tounge in that situation. :furious:

The mom sounds like a complete idiot.

Love the bus - WOW - that is one colorful bus.

Carry On!popcorn::

Yikes, those two children sound really horrible. I guess I would not have been able to keep my mouth shut. :lmao:

Glad you made it to the bus in the end ....... I like the way the bus looks, so inviting.
Now, I cannot wait for the next part of the "show". :thumbsup2

Ann, sorry it took me so long to get back here and caught up (dealing with nursing home and hospice).

Love the intros. I'm glad the big reveal went off. It's too funny that Zoe had to check the tickets a second time to be sure you were really going.

I think it's just natural that no one sleeps the night before vacation...no matter where you are.

I would have been in the spoiled brats' mother's face really quick!

Oh, and love the pic of Zach and his girlfriend...very cute.

What a fun reveal, Ann! I cannot believe you kept the secret for so long, but what a fun partner in crime Zach is! :lmao:

Sorry about the little to no sleep situation and having to sleep on the floor. And now I cannot wait to hear more. ;) :thumbsup2

I can't believe I was able to keep the secret either. Especially when Zoe found all the packed items the day were were headed out! Then at the reveal, she even made note of the fact I don't keep secrets so she asked if I booked it that day. :rotfl2:

I read all your updates before I left for work.

:woohoo: Woo Hoo for surprising the kids! I'm so happy that Zoe was excited.

I hear ya on trying to get the whole family to sleep in a hotel room the night before a flight. It never works with my family either. Someone is always waking someone else up.

ACK :headache: to those bratty kids on the flight. They were telling YOU not to touch their seat. Really? Usually its the adult that has to tell the kid to stop messing with their seat. They do sound like spoiled brats and I would have a hard time biting my tounge in that situation. :furious:

The mom sounds like a complete idiot.

Love the bus - WOW - that is one colorful bus.

Carry On!popcorn::

They were interesting kids. Like I said, I try not to judge. All kids (or people for that matter) are capable of good..and bad. I just wish that mom didn't encourage them to be so entitled. I guess that was what had me frustrated the most. They were entitled to have the extra snacks..or climb over people... but no one near them was entitled to anything!

The bus was fun. Nice and clean inside too (which seems like recently...especially if one gets a MEARS bus...isn't the case so much with DME) Thing to note though... the Disneyland Express out of any other airport is not allowed those wraps. Not sure why... but only John Wayne still is allowed them. LAX and Long Beach both are bare busses.

Yikes, those two children sound really horrible. I guess I would not have been able to keep my mouth shut. :lmao:

Glad you made it to the bus in the end ....... I like the way the bus looks, so inviting.
Now, I cannot wait for the next part of the "show". :thumbsup2

It was all I could do to not say something. I told Steve not to let them out ahead of us (we didn't need to get anything from over head so could leave more quickly) Sadly, someone else saw these sweet kids who were a row behind their mom and let them "catch up to her". I know it was kinda mean of me to not want that to happen before we got out...but I just now remember why I wanted ahead of them... I forgot to mention that at some point in the flight, the mom and the son talked about how it would be alright for him to talk with the pilot when leaving. Luckily, the flight attendants kinda pulled them aside when the attempted this..and so we were not all blocked from leaving while they had their little meet and greet at the exit doors. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned already, the bus... super fun. However if you go to DLR and take one... know that as of right now those wraps are only on the buses that service SNA. LAX and Long Beach are no longer allowed the wraps.

Ann, sorry it took me so long to get back here and caught up (dealing with nursing home and hospice).

Love the intros. I'm glad the big reveal went off. It's too funny that Zoe had to check the tickets a second time to be sure you were really going.

I think it's just natural that no one sleeps the night before vacation...no matter where you are.

I would have been in the spoiled brats' mother's face really quick!

Oh, and love the pic of Zach and his girlfriend...very cute.

No need to apologize. I am still way far behind on every subscription including yours.

Yes, Zoe is too smart for her own good sometimes. Most kids would have just gone with whatever they were told. "we are going to the moon?" sure we are... but Zoe questions EVERYTHING.:rotfl:

It is good to know that we are the only ones who do not sleep the night before. After the night we had, I was thinking of not staying in a hotel the night before our trip in the fall...

I am so glad you could hold your tongue with what was happening in front of you. Why on earth was mom not sitting with them in the first place? Ugh...I am wondering what came up missing. I think I would have let them have it when they seemed to be making fun of Zoe. I so would much rather sit by a happy child then BRATS! I dont understand people raising children who think they are entitled...these parents are such nightmares in the school setting, not to mention their children.

I love your picture of Mt. Rainer...I can't believe you live right there, now I really need to come see you. I have a couple of those pictures when I flew to Seattle many years ago. Breathtaking...

The Disneyland Express looks so cool, might have to rethink and fly into John Wayne instead of LAX. I missed not riding ME to WDW...maybe next time, but I think I loved having Tony drive us more instead of waiting on buses!

I used the Disneyland Express on my second trip to Disneyland in 2009, it was OK, it took forever to leave LAX though we stooped about 4 times after I had gotten o it. Also people were really annoyed when I was the only one off at the first stop the Disneyland Hotel. My other trips in 2008, 2010, and 2011 I have used Supper shuttle and couple of times I have ended up being the last pickup and gotten to ride Shot gun next to the driver. Also if you do a Google search for Supper Shuttle discounts you will get some really good discounts on the price.

I am so glad you could hold your tongue with what was happening in front of you. Why on earth was mom not sitting with them in the first place? Ugh...I am wondering what came up missing. I think I would have let them have it when they seemed to be making fun of Zoe. I so would much rather sit by a happy child then BRATS! I dont understand people raising children who think they are entitled...these parents are such nightmares in the school setting, not to mention their children.

It is just a good thing the flight was so short and I slept part of it. If it had been an all day event... :headache: I totally agree about both the parents and kids being nightmares in the school setting! I don't even work in the schools, but I see what affect it has had on my kids. :sad2: As for what ended up being missing... you will just have to wait all the way to the end of this TR since it wasn't until the end of the trip that I noticed something was not with us.

I love your picture of Mt. Rainer...I can't believe you live right there, now I really need to come see you. I have a couple of those pictures when I flew to Seattle many years ago. Breathtaking...

If you come to Seattle, PLEASE see me!!! There is so much to this area... I live kinda in the middle of no where, but Seattle really isn't that far(I mean..Steve and Zach both drive there for work)

The Disneyland Express looks so cool, might have to rethink and fly into John Wayne instead of LAX. I missed not riding ME to WDW...maybe next time, but I think I loved having Tony drive us more instead of waiting on buses!

I would recommend SNA over LAX. It is so much smaller and sooo much closer to DLR. I had not been there in years and was still able to navigate it quite well. Add in that the Disneyland Express only has the wraps out of SNA...and I think it is a better choice.

I used the Disneyland Express on my second trip to Disneyland in 2009, it was OK, it took forever to leave LAX though we stooped about 4 times after I had gotten o it. Also people were really annoyed when I was the only one off at the first stop the Disneyland Hotel. My other trips in 2008, 2010, and 2011 I have used Supper shuttle and couple of times I have ended up being the last pickup and gotten to ride Shot gun next to the driver. Also if you do a Google search for Supper Shuttle discounts you will get some really good discounts on the price.

We used Super Shuttle on our first trip where we flew into LAX. :scared: The ride was terrifying... the driver was flying in and out of lanes... going super fast. I did look into them again though for this trip. Because we had 5 people, in the end even with the discount it was about the same to take the Disneyland Express. I do have a complaint about the Disneyland Express though... it seemed to drive in circles. We passed our hotel, I believe 2 or 3 times before stopping. It was a bit frustrating. Oh well though.. .we got there safe and sound. :goodvibes

7/6 - With Our Room Not Ready, What do we do?

I think in total it took about 30 minutes, maybe a bit less to get to our hotel from SNA. We were to Desert Inn and Suites by noon, which is exactly what I was planning.

I had hoped that noon would not be too early to check in. (check in was 3pm). It was however... too early. We were told that we could put our bags in lockers and that what didn't fit they could hold at the front desk. I could see other luggage sitting in the lobby... obvious that owners had just left it there. I just didn't trust leaving it so off we went to the locker room.

In the locker room, we rented 3..maybe 4 lockers total. We played a bit of tetris to get the luggage all inside. (we had two pieces that were fairly large)

I had prepurchased a Photopass + for this trip (quite the savings from even buying once in the park, but REALLY a lot cheaper than in WDW) When the package arrived, along with a cd with stock photos and the code to redeem my photo pass cd, there was a voucher. The voucher was for a special card and lanyard. This would entitle me to ride photos and dinning photos (and the hard copies at the restaurants) I just had to get that voucher exchanged. On the message boards, there was talk that one could avoid using park time to exchange the voucher by going to a dinning location at one of the hotels. One of the restaurants that was outside the parks, that got good reviews AND served brunch was Goofy's Kitchen. So I decided (actually, once at the hotel) that we would eat there. (hows that for on the fly... throwing out the ocd preplanning that I normally do?)

I had planned for us to meander through DTD and up and down Harbor BLV until our room was done, but we were all super hungry and super tired. Sitting and eating for a long period of time (Goofy's Kitchen is a buffet) seemed like a heavenly idea...and a much better one than walking all over the place.

We crossed the street from our hotel to see this.

IMG_1368.jpg

Then we went through bag check to be able to be in the center area between DL and DCA. (not sure what that area is called..anyone know? :confused:) In this area, music is piped in and a view of both parks is enough to jump start all of our enthusiasm! We were all feeling the Disney excitement!!!

Then we walked out the other side into DTD. If memory serves, I got a lot of "but there is a restaurant right there" and "why can't we just stop here" from Alex. Luckily, Steve had my back on this and repeatedly told him "because your mother has a plan" :rotfl:

It was not hard to find the restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel. We walked up and I asked if they could fit us in (since I had not made an ADR) They were not only able to, but there was absolutely no line to get in (people line up to see Goofy before entering). As we had our photo with Chef Goofy taken, I enquired about the pp+ voucher. Keep in mind, this is a very very new product in both DLR and WDW. Not only cm's but dismembers have some learning to do with it. The first cm had absolutely no idea what the piece of paper was that I was showing her. She called another cm who also was perplexed. Then came a supervisor who said "no, we can not exchange that here" She noted on the slip where it reads "only to be exchanged inside a Disney Park" (well, not exactly that but it boiled down to it) It was fine print, but there. I then had to ask what would happen in regards to the photo just taken. The supervisor had to call the main pp store on main street in DL. She was told and then conveyed to me, that I would be given a pp card that would have the pictures loaded to it. Once I go to main street, I will be able to not only trade in my voucher, but have them print out my photo package there and it would be of this photo.

Photo0003FourBySix.jpg

With all of that taken care of we were seated and in no time the characters (as well as our server who was amazing!) began to come around.
IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Remember, she lost her head band. Also, I may have forgot to mention she recently got a BUNCH of hair cut off (enough to donate) So she kinda has some wild hair here.​
IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

With a quick break in characters we ran to get some food.

My plate..favorite thing on it was kinda covered. Mac and Cheese pizza!!! OMG!!! with actual noodles on the pizza?! It was crazy good. It is kinda hidden under the fruit pizza​
IMG_1376.jpg

Then more characters..

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Then another plate of food

IMG_1384.jpg

More Characters

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

And because we were celebrating Steve's birthday on this trip
IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

After many plates, we were all pretty full. I wish I had taken a pictures of the food. There were just so many offerings! Everything from p&j pizza, to made to order omelets. It was all yummy!!!

We were pretty tired now though and full.

Doesn't they look exhausted?
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Time to leave Disneyland hotel and try our luck at checking into our room, Steve and I took a couple pictures.

IMG_1395.jpg

2012-07-06_13-33-39_31.jpg

2012-07-06_13-33-33_832.jpg

In the end, I highly recommend Goofy's Kitchen for brunch. Cheaper than dinner, the price includes tip and tax (which I kinda hate since it is after all a buffet) Steve about fell over when heard the total on this meal for the 5 of us. He asked if I had many of these meals planned. At nearly $200, I assured him no. In fact, not a single meal after even hit $100.

Next Chapter: 7/6 - Our Room Ready or Not, Here We Come!

Love the Goofy's Kitchen photos! Thanks for the heads up on how to get the PP+ redeemed. I will need to know this next month! I also went to Goofy's kitchen on a whim a year ago. Being from the east coast I was up at 5 am and in DTD by 8 because my sister left for work at 7 and I was bored. Naturally nothing was open so I went up to GK and asked if they were taking walk ups. I had a very enjoyable solo breakfast lol.

The area between Disneyland And DCA is called the esplanade. I've always wanted to try Goffy's kitchen maybe next time I'm out at Disneyland I'll have to go there after dropping my stuff at the hotel.

I am so glad to see some smiles out of Alex after I scrolled past the family picture. Goofy's kitchen looks great...I am adding it to my notes about DL! Still trying to figure it out for next summer, since now with the kids dance group they go on tour during spring break. UGH! Looks like great character interaction along with good food!

Love Zoe's new haircut, looks very cute on her!

As for Seattle...I had a friend who lived in Centralia and I visted her a couple of times and then I was there for a convention. I plan to be back in 3 years...when Jeff and I celebrate our 20th with an Alaska Cruise and Fishing Trip...we said we were going to do that our 10th but instead along came Goo that summer and took all my travel funds!

Love the update, Ann!
It's all so exciting since we plan on visiting in 2014.

Love all the pics of Goofy's kitchen. Plus the food looks (and sounds) really good. :thumbsup2
I am getting so many ideas ........ :cloud9:

Love the Goofy's Kitchen photos! Thanks for the heads up on how to get the PP+ redeemed. I will need to know this next month! I also went to Goofy's kitchen on a whim a year ago. Being from the east coast I was up at 5 am and in DTD by 8 because my sister left for work at 7 and I was bored. Naturally nothing was open so I went up to GK and asked if they were taking walk ups. I had a very enjoyable solo breakfast lol.

I have since read that you can have some one at guest services escort you into DL to redeem your pp+ card without having to use a park ticket. So that might be an idea too.

The area between Disneyland And DCA is called the esplanade. I've always wanted to try Goffy's kitchen maybe next time I'm out at Disneyland I'll have to go there after dropping my stuff at the hotel.

I knew someone would know the name of that area!!

Goofy's is worth trying. It is a bit spendy...but the food was pretty good. Now... the floor...I did forget to mention. It was SOOO sticky. Normally, that would be something to completely make me never want to go back. However, between really being tired and really being hungry it didn't phase me as much

I am so glad to see some smiles out of Alex after I scrolled past the family picture. Goofy's kitchen looks great...I am adding it to my notes about DL! Still trying to figure it out for next summer, since now with the kids dance group they go on tour during spring break. UGH! Looks like great character interaction along with good food!

Alex was pretty good about staying in a good mood. I think we were all a bit excited to be there that first day.

The character interaction was amazing. Alice sat with Zoe a bit and had a conversation with her as did Aladdin. Raffiki and Pluto were little pranksters...trying to engage my boys.

Love Zoe's new haircut, looks very cute on her!

Thanks :goodvibes When it is pinned back it is pretty cute. She actually requested layers and that razory looking style (she wanted the short rupunzel look)
As for Seattle...I had a friend who lived in Centralia and I visted her a couple of times and then I was there for a convention. I plan to be back in 3 years...when Jeff and I celebrate our 20th with an Alaska Cruise and Fishing Trip...we said we were going to do that our 10th but instead along came Goo that summer and took all my travel funds!

Will it be a Disney cruise to Alaska? I know that when I have dropped Zach off at the Armory, it has been such a pretty sight seeing the Disney CL ship. I believe that they only go to Alaska from here though...

Love the update, Ann!
It's all so exciting since we plan on visiting in 2014.

Love all the pics of Goofy's kitchen. Plus the food looks (and sounds) really good. :thumbsup2
I am getting so many ideas ........ :cloud9:

Going back is interesting. I can see what it was that made me fall in love with DLR. But now having been back, I can see what it is about WDW that has really captivated me. I wonder if you will experience a bit of that?

I would suggest Goofy's Kitchen... food is a bit unique. I mean.. the mac and cheese pizza or the p&j pizza..where else can you find that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter