A really fine WDW pizza...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Dreamfinder2, May 3, 2007.

1. Dreamfinder2

Dreamfinder2 DIS Veteran

... is almost impossible to find, it seems. Living with a DW who thinks pizza is its own food group, we've hit virtually all the theme park spots that serve pizza, and a couple in the resorts.

Whaddya think? If you're a pizza fan, have you found anything exceptional in the whole wide World, or have you suffered quietly at having to eat the bulk loading, less than wonderful variety? (And if anyone says the pizza at Pizzafari is "to die for," I'd have to say it's "to die from.")

We DID share a pretty good flatbread at the California Grill one night, but other than that ...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emma'smom

emma'smom <font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a

We like the pizza window pizza from Spoodles!

4. Scornelius

Scornelius <font color=deeppink>Suburban Princess<br><font co

My husband is practically planning this trip around the 4 cheese flatbread (substitute pepperoni for the gorgonzola) at Mama Melrose's. We had it last year and it really was phenominal. The best pizza I think I've ever had in the USA. (Best pizza ever was in Cuba :cloud9: )

5. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

The flat bread from Mama Melrose's is pretty good. It's been a while since we've had a pizza from Wolfgang Puck Express, but I remember that we enjoyed the pizza there, too.

The pizza from the food courts in the resorts is not that good. We are thinking of ordering from off-site on our next trip.

6. arizonacolbys

arizonacolbys Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

We enjoyed getting a pizza from the window at Spoodles on the Boardwalk when we were staying there last fall. Still not as good as my favorite pizza at home, but definitely a step up from the standard food court pizzas at WDW.

If you eat inside at Spoodles, I loved their Margherita Flatbread as an app. :thumbsup2

7. Harambe

Harambe DIS Veteran

We've shared really good flatbreads thru-out WDW, but flatbread just ain't pizza!!!!

We also **liked** the pizza from the Spoodles window, taking into account what WDW pizza is.

8. Booknut

Booknut <font color=green>I couldn't figure out why people

We really enjoyed the Pizza Bianca at Tony's Town Square. Lovely fresh cheeses on it, was very tasty!

9. maelstrom

maelstrom DIS Veteran

The Plaza Pavilion aka Noodle Station used to have really great "grease-sponge" pizza (same that used to be offered in Epcot years ago IIRC) and then one day they stopped offering it and replaced it with the pizza from everywhere else on property. I cried, because I had been so looking forward to it. Yes, I do have emotional and mental issues, thank you. I love the pizza at Pizzafari, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Cool Wash (next to Test Track). We got pizza delivered at POR and that was more like real pizza and just okay. I guess I'm more a fan of "fake" pizza anyway (Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa John's).

10. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

My husband calls pizza "the food of the gods" and is so bad that I've had to limit him to having a pizza once a month. He used to have it at least (!) once a week. We are fans of the Spoodles take out window as well mainly because of the location. Love sitting outside, watching the boats, and chilling for a while. Plus, he can have his pepperoni slices and I can have my cheese slice. His second favorite has been the pizza from the Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Third choice is the pizza from Port Orleans Riverside. He's tried French Quarter but it just wasn't the same. The iverside pizza is greasy and that's why he and our son love it. They built my daughter-in-law up for this "treat" and she made several comments about hearing her arteries hardening while she was eating it. He agrees - flatbreads ain't no pizza. But I have been successful in the pizza limiting. For Memorial Day weekend, he is looking forward to his monthly allowance of pizza. At the Pizzafari. He's getting desparate!

11. just another guy

just another guy Mouseketeer

Giordano's chicago style pizza is the BEST! Its located right off of 535 near DTD.

12. Pirate-Jeff

Pirate-Jeff DIS Veteran

Cici's in the Crossroads shopping center. Sometimes great sometimes just OK. but for $5.99 a it's good deal. see Cicis.com

Jeff

13. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

I seem to recall liking the flatbread at Spoodles & Tony's Town Square. But then, I'm not a pizza connoiseur! (Though I agree, the Pizzafari pizza is pretty pathetic)

14. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

Agree that wolfgang pucks had awesome pizza. Give the breakfast pizza at WPE a try. It's been years, but we also had an incredible pizza at planet hollywood.

15. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

When we stay at the Epcot resorts, we normally have take-out pizza at Spoodles window. I will be honest and say we don't think it's that great, but it's the best pizza we've found in Disney. We're from New York and are quite spoiled with pizza, so that could be a reason we're not wild about pizza in WDW.

16. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a wonderful BBQ cicken pizza. Don't know how they are for more traditional pizzas, though.

17. Joan S.

Joan S. DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up

Hi, It is not on WDW property but REALLY close! CARRABBA's on VINELAND right before the OUTLETS. Not only was the pizza FANTASTIC but so was everything else we tried! They also have HAPPY HOUR :banana: 4pm(opening time) thru 7pm. You get 2 DRINKS(I had red SANGRIA and it was DELICIOUS!)) for the price of one. (we went 2 weeknites so I am not sure if this applies to weekends:confused3 ) Anyway they put on the table WARM Italian bread with olive oil and spices,this was wonderful! The portions were VERY generous and the staff was SUPER friendly. GREAT family restaurant IMHO. The desserts also looked YUMMY but we were too full. We will DEFINITELY go back this summer! Joan

18. Lzylitnin

Lzylitnin Mouseketeer

I have to second Giordano's.:thumbsup2 They will deliver to Disney property.

Here is the phone # and address.
    Their website is http://www.giordanos.com
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL
    (407) 239-8900
    12151 S. APOPKA VINELAND RD.

19. DonaldTDuck

DonaldTDuck DIS Veteran

If you have a car and are not a pizze snob(read flatbread) there is a place on Bronson called New York Pizza that is very good. Lots of locals are usually in there.

20. MrsPMC00

MrsPMC00 Mouseketeer

Being a Chicagoan and a so-called pizza "snob" :lmao: I whole heartedly agree that Giordano's is the best you are going to find around WDW. Like a previous post said, they will deliver to Disney property!!!

21. NHWX

NHWX DIS Veteran

This is great information! Thanks!

Any recollections as to how long it takes Giordano's to deliver?