A Real Princess Goes to the Magic Kingdom!

Hi We are counting down tooo!!
we wil be at POP ON Sept, 22-OCt. 1 and we can't wait!!
Hope you all have the most wonderful time ever!
Blessings sent you all's way!!
Please read my pre-trip report!!
Thank you,
Kathy:flower3:

OH Bill! Not you too with the Medicaid being cancelled! I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

My cousin has disabled children who recieve their own disability through social security. They are autistic children. I don't get this. I don't understand why we can't find the program that will get our dd disability so that she can have her own insurance apart from our income. I know these programs exist because my cousins children got their benefits through this program. She says she just lucked out and spoke with the right people at the right place and time who knew about the program. I have not been able to find this program but If I do I will let you know about it.

OH MY! Getting the expense check six days prior!?!?! I have a feeling that if this happens to us...we would tag team...Send Grandma shopping with one child, DH with another, Me with another, some of us taking two. I would like to hear how you handle the last minute shopping. Maybe we can make a list now of what we might need so we are at least ready for it.

Oh Bill!!!:sad2: My heart is overwhelmed right now!! How awfull about the ins!! I'm reminded o;f another scrip. When my heart is overwhelmed Lead me to that rock that is higher than I. He's seen you through so much, He will not let you down now. My DH got dropped from medicaid @1 1/2 yrs ago. He had medicaid with his Social Security Disability. But since he was working (16-24 hrs a week at the time) he made $5 too much so they dropped him. He had already lost the $7 from SSI when he started working but they were taking the medicare premiums out of the SSI check so he was still medicaid elegible. Once he was dropped from SSI he lost the medicaid and then the medicare premiums came from his SS check so we made a whopping $50 more. We would've made more with him not working at all. :confused3 Sad system!:sad2: We were very worried as the medicare only paid for part (the big part) and then they did not cover most of his prescriptions.:headache: Dialysis is VERY expensive and all the sudden we were looking at $1000's each month uncovered. And then a wonderfull social worker at Dialysis stepped in and called the American Kidney Foundation. They are paying for secondary ins. BCBS. Our prescription co-pays are less than what they were with Medicaid. And they pay most of all the other cost. :goodvibes
Hang in there!!!
Here in Texas we have a state ins just for kids with chronically and terminall illnesses. Hopefull ya'll have something like that where you are. I never knew this exsisted untill @ 2 yrs ago I got a call from a lady that said she was supposed to be Braetons advocate. That all kids on SSI wre assigned an advocate by the state. I've just now started using her. I'm so used to doing things myself I forget she's there!:laughing: She's the one that told me @ this ins and got us on the waiting list. I do understand you're feelings and burden right now. With both DH and DS and their medicall issues even with all the ins. help it is still a big financial burden.
Oh Yeah! I read about your expense check. 6 days before huh! I'm jealous!
We will either get ours the night before. (the wish co-ordinator, He's actually the founder.)They are taking us out to dinner the night before and putting us in a hotel by the airport then they are having a send off Ice cream party at the air port the mornig we leave!!! They will be giving the kids packages w/stuf to keep them occupied on the plane and things to do in the room. His words not mine! So we will either get our spending money the night before or the morning we leave!!!! He did not say when. Talk about panic. We don't have extra money too buy the things we need. I do have sunblock and hand sanitizer and we did buy 2 misting fans on clearance last night at Wal-mart for $2!!!:yay: :yay: (And they are the ones with lanyards!!!) And then the thought of o.k. packages How big are they? Are they going to fit in the boys backpacks for carry ons? What do I take out that we were going to bring on the plane so they will have room??? Help!!!!
He did say they usually give coloring books and games and even mentioned portable DVDS and Disney CD's. So I think I will just have a small coloring book and a book DS7 will be happy with. Maybe some card games. And bring their portable CD players so with what they give them it should be enough.
Yeah! Try having that and planning. AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see ya'll. Our resort and flying times have changed so I've had to rearrange ADR's and that meant a few of our days. We will still be at AK thurs. and we are planning on EPCOT all day Sat. Our resort is a walk away from EPCOT so it won't be too hard to go back and rest!! I still want to do LOEMH Wed bit will have to see how it goes. I'll pm you. I'm still trying to rearrange!!!! Tak about driving you CRA-ZY!!!!
15 days till WDW!!!!!!!!

Dear LeeLee,

Your words of encouragement are so helpful:grouphug:. Thank you. I am sure that the Lord will continue to look after us:thumbsup2. I am just so thankful that Lysi is alive and that I am alive to see her grow up:dance3:. We have had a lot of miracles and more happen every day. For instance: We belong to an online bartering community called MadeBig:goodvibes. My wife had been earning points to trade for a car someone wanted to trade for points. No actual money trades hands. She had been burdened because her car seems to have an unsolvable mechanical problem. It is very hard for her to be without a car while I am at work. We have no public transportation here in our small town.

Lin worked SO hard to earn points for that car:scared:. Then it was taken off the list:scared1:. We prayed so hard..:worship:. though not as hard as during chemo. When people on the network heard about her dilemma, a Christian couple we did not know offered to give her a car. That's right, I said GIVE her a car:rainbow:. Granted it has over 200K of miles, but it runs and looks pretty good. All we had to do was drive to The Dalles, Oregon to pick it up. We took them to lunch and made some new friends. The drive down along the Columbia River Gorge was lovely as well:cloud9:.

Our state has a children's medical program we will be checking in to. Medicaid says they cover Lysi until we find out about that program. Why do things like this always happen right before a long weekend so you can't call to inquire? Oh, yeah, there is something in James about patience...:headache:.

We still have not found Misting Fans, so I guess our trip to Orlando will include a visit to Wal-Mart. But, I have that marked on Google Earth... LOL. I still can't see the village on Google Earth due to clouds, even with the updated satellite images. Lysi is convinced that GKTW is hidden by a magical mist:tinker:. It sure seems like it. That will just add to the mystery and magic.

Knowing how I try to PLAN for EVERYTHING... you will not be surprised to hear that I have begun tracking Tropical Storms:surfweb:. I am not sure how I think this will help, but, hey, if you are going to be obsessive, why leave the weather out:confused3?

You mentioned entertainment on the plane. I am in the process of "ripping" audio files into MP3 format for my player:surfweb:. We can use it on the plane. I have the entire books of Psalms and Proverbs (KJV-Dollar Store disks), a kids musical, the Disney "Friends" song CD, LOTS of my favorite music and am adding the last book in the "Mitford" series, "Light from Heaven." :cloud9: We are still planning on a Leap Frog, and have some Disney books for me to read to her. We plan to check out some books on tape with "read-along" books. Add coloring/ activity books and renting a video player on the plane, and that should about cover it. Oh wait, I forgot about travel games. She loves card and dice games. This could be some really good Daddy-Daughter time for us on the plane:flower3:.

Time is starting to fly.... if only we could figure out where her Disney rain poncho is.... stay tuned for updates on that.

Bill

Dear LeeLee,

Your words of encouragement are so helpful:grouphug:. Thank you. I am sure that the Lord will continue to look after us:thumbsup2. I am just so thankful that Lysi is alive and that I am alive to see her grow up:dance3:. We have had a lot of miracles and more happen every day. For instance: We belong to an online bartering community called MadeBig:goodvibes. My wife had been earning points to trade for a car someone wanted to trade for points. No actual money trades hands. She had been burdened because her car seems to have an unsolvable mechanical problem. It is very hard for her to be without a car while I am at work. We have no public transportation here in our small town.

Lin worked SO hard to earn points for that car:scared:. Then it was taken off the list:scared1:. We prayed so hard..:worship:. though not as hard as during chemo. When people on the network heard about her dilemma, a Christian couple we did not know offered to give her a car. That's right, I said GIVE her a car:rainbow:. Granted it has over 200K of miles, but it runs and looks pretty good. All we had to do was drive to The Dalles, Oregon to pick it up. We took them to lunch and made some new friends. The drive down along the Columbia River Gorge was lovely as well:cloud9:.

Our state has a children's medical program we will be checking in to. Medicaid says they cover Lysi until we find out about that program. Why do things like this always happen right before a long weekend so you can't call to inquire? Oh, yeah, there is something in James about patience...:headache:.

We still have not found Misting Fans, so I guess our trip to Orlando will include a visit to Wal-Mart. But, I have that marked on Google Earth... LOL. I still can't see the village on Google Earth due to clouds, even with the updated satellite images. Lysi is convinced that GKTW is hidden by a magical mist:tinker:. It sure seems like it. That will just add to the mystery and magic.

Knowing how I try to PLAN for EVERYTHING... you will not be surprised to hear that I have begun tracking Tropical Storms:surfweb:. I am not sure how I think this will help, but, hey, if you are going to be obsessive, why leave the weather out:confused3?

You mentioned entertainment on the plane. I am in the process of "ripping" audio files into MP3 format for my player:surfweb:. We can use it on the plane. I have the entire books of Psalms and Proverbs (KJV-Dollar Store disks), a kids musical, the Disney "Friends" song CD, LOTS of my favorite music and am adding the last book in the "Mitford" series, "Light from Heaven." :cloud9: We are still planning on a Leap Frog, and have some Disney books for me to read to her. We plan to check out some books on tape with "read-along" books. Add coloring/ activity books and renting a video player on the plane, and that should about cover it. Oh wait, I forgot about travel games. She loves card and dice games. This could be some really good Daddy-Daughter time for us on the plane:flower3:.

Time is starting to fly.... if only we could figure out where her Disney rain poncho is.... stay tuned for updates on that.

Bill

Some of you have mentioned my son who is an Army Sergeant deployed in Iraq for the second time:confused:. He is a very gentle, caring soul, so it surprised me when he joined up. He said he was doing it to help protect his little sister, Lysi:thumbsup2.

He has a website on Youtube where he sings some Irish songs:goodvibes. Check it out if you like. If you leave a message, please make it kind. It is a hard life for him over there, and he did not start this war. Many people have strong feelings about the war, but I ask that you do not take it out on him.:grouphug:

http://youtube.com/user/TheIambicPen

It has been hard for him to be far away at war as his sister has gone through surgeries, chemo and hospitalizations:sad2:. Last night, I dreamed that he made a surprise visit home and I got to hug him. It was hard to wake up from that dream. The weird thing is, that his adult sister, who lives across the state from us, showed up today, unannounced and I got to hug her. Kind of makes you wonder.:angel:

Bill

OH LeeLee, the night before or the morning of getting the expense check! I wonder if they know that day 1 of the wish trip will be spent at walmart? Us wish trippers are going to have to get good at last minute power shopping, huh? I am already a quick shopper because of my families chemical sensitivity. One tip I know is that you tell yourself you are not shopping, you are hunting. It is a hunter, gatherer activity. Done to the tune of mission impossible. dun dun dun dun. Da Da Da...that tune will help get you in the groove of it. :cool2:

The people on the disboards will be amazed to know that the shopping for our trips happens all at once at the last minute like that. YK, walmart is open 24 hours here and if it was me, I would be going straight from the getting the check to the 24 hour stores if they gave me the check the night before. I hope you live near a 24 hour walmart or target!

OH LeeLee, the night before or the morning of getting the expense check! I wonder if they know that day 1 of the wish trip will be spent at walmart? Us wish trippers are going to have to get good at last minute power shopping, huh? I am already a quick shopper because of my families chemical sensitivity. One tip I know is that you tell yourself you are not shopping, you are hunting. It is a hunter, gatherer activity. Done to the tune of mission impossible. dun dun dun dun. Da Da Da...that tune will help get you in the groove of it. :cool2:

The people on the disboards will be amazed to know that the shopping for our trips happens all at once at the last minute like that. YK, walmart is open 24 hours here and if it was me, I would be going straight from the getting the check to the 24 hour stores if they gave me the check the night before. I hope you live near a 24 hour walmart or target!

OOOhhh I like the theme song music!!:woohoo: We will be staying the night at the Airport hotel the night before. But I'm googling the nearest WalMarts!!! I can get to 2 diff. cities w/in 30 min. in opp directions that I'm fam. with so If it's early enough we will go there. I don't relish driving @ Houston in an unfamiliar area.:eek: The Wal Mart closest to the Airport is out for me unless it is in BROAD Day light and we can park REALLY close to the door!! I am praying that we get it the night before and that it is early evening when we get it!!!

The elusive Mickey rain poncho has been found! :mickeyjum Let everyone rejoice! :cool1: I had to stand in my DDs room on one foot on her wooden chest with one hand on a high shelf. My DW came in to see what I was up to..:scared1:. no pun intended. Under some other "stuff" we found the poncho. Now our poncho inventory is complete. We also found an adult maroon poncho, so we have a spare.

We have selected, collected and compiled ride preference data. :surfweb: The princess' preferences take precedence. princess: Say that three times fast. :sad2: It looks like we might actually have time to take in all of the favorites for each person. Huzzah! :yay:

Only 2 weeks to go!

Bill

we have 15 days!!!! Our pretty princess preferences take presidence too. Say that 3 times!!! Mostly ds is happy just being there, and loves rollercoasters. Aristacat girl would like to see Aurora, and dd would like that too. RG would like to stay in the hotel, or stay home. My mom is along for the ride she said, and is game for anything. DH would like to eat seafood when we go to the beach. I like the beach too, and wouldn't mind if I ran into Jiminy Cricket, my favorite character at the AK, but if not, that's ok too. AAAT girl wants to meet up with her online friends that currently she is grounded from online or phone....so we still have that to figure out. That would be a one parent taking her thing while dd was asleep, late night out. Our pretty princess preferences take presidence, but luckily she has great taste in preferences, and it will be amazing if she gets to see and do all she has planned.

OOOhhh I like the theme song music!!:woohoo: We will be staying the night at the Airport hotel the night before. But I'm googling the nearest WalMarts!!! I can get to 2 diff. cities w/in 30 min. in opp directions that I'm fam. with so If it's early enough we will go there. I don't relish driving @ Houston in an unfamiliar area.:eek: The Wal Mart closest to the Airport is out for me unless it is in BROAD Day light and we can park REALLY close to the door!! I am praying that we get it the night before and that it is early evening when we get it!!!

Going to a dangerous walmart late at night to the tune of mission impossible while quoting the 23rd psalm to the music....could work.....Nothing can hurt you while you are shopping for your trip....that is the rule. There are special guardian angels for that. If the guardian angels guide you to drive up the road to a better walmart, it is only because that walmart will have more of the things you need to buy in stock.:woohoo: :grouphug:

The elusive Mickey rain poncho has been found! :mickeyjum Let everyone rejoice! :cool1: I had to stand in my DDs room on one foot on her wooden chest with one hand on a high shelf. My DW came in to see what I was up to..:scared1:. no pun intended. Under some other "stuff" we found the poncho. Now our poncho inventory is complete. We also found an adult maroon poncho, so we have a spare.

We have selected, collected and compiled ride preference data. :surfweb: The princess' preferences take precedence. princess: Say that three times fast. :sad2: It looks like we might actually have time to take in all of the favorites for each person. Huzzah! :yay:

Only 2 weeks to go!

Bill
:woohoo: I need to get 2 more pancho's. 1 as a spare and 1 for DH ecv.
:dance3: :dance3: 13 days to WDW!!!:dance3: :dance3:

I only have a min but had to respond quick. You mentioned that your daughter's friend told her about the characters. We tell our kids as well but they still "believe". Heck, I "believed" while I was there. I found myself talking to the princesses and Peter as if they were real! LOL My kids had just as much fun and sparkle even though they "know" they are not real. I would not worry. The magic of Disney takes over!

As for insurance, I wish you all the luck. We have been very lucky and have only used private insurance (through mine or dh's work) the entire time but we have had to make some sacrifices (dh had to turn down jobs because the insurance wasn't good enough). I know that is stressful. I hope it gets sorted!

Hey guys, I'm a little tired but wanted you to know there's a lost mom just starting her plans for MAW trip over on the disAbilities board. I'm sure you can help her more than I can. Thanks, Karen

Just wanted to pop in and say .....have a great trip!!!!
Only five more days to go!!!!!!!!! :cool1: I bet you have been busy busy busy planning all your last details!!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear all about you trip when you get back! :cheer2:

LeeLee:

Are you flying out of Intercontinental or Hobby? If Intercontiental, are you coming to the AP via I45 or Hwy59? If you are headed south on Hwy 59, there is a Target by Deerbrook (Deercreek?) mall. If you go west on Hwy 1960 there is a Wal-mart and a Sam's about a mile down on the right...if you go East on 1960 there is a Wal-mart about 3 miles on the right...both are very crowded. the 3 mile away one is in a residental neighborhood area, and not merely in a retail sprawl. Don't know if they are open late or not (I have relatives that live in this area...) If you are coming down I-45 from the Dallas area, there are several retail sprawls in The Woodlands. I know I have seen a Target, Sam's and Wal-mart, but I couldn't tell you the exits. This is a nice area, so you shouldn't need an armed guard to get to and from your car....hope that helps.

~Elisa

First the Good News:
Now the Bad News: Social Security has cut off Elysia's Medicaid. :mad::headache::sick: They state that they will cover her until other coverage is found. I am very sure she qualifies for state medical so I am not too stressed. Never the less, I am sure it is a mistake. Our income has not gone up, quite the contrary. Send up a prayer about this, please.
Bill

Bill:

Sometimes Medicaid gets cancelled because they have sent out a questionairre, and it was never returned. Although Medicaid is a federal program it is run by state agencies...Adam has private insurance and Medicaid. Private pays first and Medicaid pays second. When we moved from state to state, we had to redo a lot of paperwork and things are handled a little differently here than they were in TX. Perhaps you should head to your local office and see if a face to face helps work it all out.

Elisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter