A rabbi, a priest, and a pastor board the Wonder: we're back!

Those Mickey bars will add up quick. You can order them as your dessert at dinner. The servers are notorious for helping you to overeat and especially the desserts. On our last cruise he figured out that I loved the souffle and brought me one every night after our dinner in Lumieres. If you start off ordering the Mickey bars for dessert you may get one automatically even if you order another dessert on the menu!

I think I could eat a Mickey bar for dessert every night! :blush: I love them. Is the soufflé amazing? The Wonder has them too? What were your other favorite desserts? I'll have to kindly tell them not to bring me more than I order. I hate to waste food. :guilty: And I won't be able to take it to-go for leftovers like usual. :rotfl:

We are driving down and spending the night with my great aunt in Vero Beach. We will have to drive (just a couple of hours) down that morning. I think the ice thing will work. I will just stop on the way in. I also have a small thermal bag that I could stick it in, inside my carry-on. And 28 days. 28 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's only 28 days!!! I can't wait!

Thats not bad at all. :thumbsup2 I hear Vero is beautiful. I like the ice idea too. I have small thermal lunch bags that the kids use to use when they took home lunch to school in Elementary.​

If you change your mind, let me know. :goodvibes

Thank you so much :goodvibes

I'm really looking forward to seeing them. It's the hubby's birthday so I'm guessing they'll have a party of some sorts. They live in a beautiful neighborhood in Coconut Grove and have some really fun friends, per Michael, he's stayed with them a ton for business. My girlfriend is like the ultimate host, great cook. Gorgeous too. Life is unfair. LOL! Now that I know she'll be in town, I'm excited.

What fun, a party to boot :)

Speaking of birthdays, any special plans for yours?

Hey Pam and Beth, we're going on a cruise in:

:goofy: 28 days!!!:goofy: [/CENTER]

When I think about it I almost can't stand it I'm so excited! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We are driving down and spending the night with my great aunt in Vero Beach. We will have to drive (just a couple of hours) down that morning. I think the ice thing will work. I will just stop on the way in. I also have a small thermal bag that I could stick it in, inside my carry-on. And 28 days. 28 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's only 28 days!!! I can't wait!

Oh yes, a thermal bag would be perfect, and some ice. I said ziplock so it could be disposable.

So who's going on this fabulous trip with you? I'm sorry if I've missed this being said before.

I think I could eat a Mickey bar for dessert every night! :blush: I love them. Is the soufflé amazing? The Wonder has them too? What were your other favorite desserts? I'll have to kindly tell them not to bring me more than I order. I hate to waste food. :guilty: And I won't be able to take it to-go for leftovers like usual. :rotfl:

I happen to love Grand Marnier souffles and that's offered on the dessert menu the night in Triton's. I dint know what the dining rotation on the five night cruises are. In fact I don't even remember what it was on the Magic. Is your pirate night on night 3 or 4?

You'll probably have three nights of regular menu, pirate menu and the "until we meet again" menu on the last night. My favorite is the night in Triton's. I love the onion soup! I think that is also the night that they serve lobster. I remember out of Galveston they served it with red beans and I thought that was rather Southern or Bayou like.

The parrot cay menu is starting to grow on me. The spinach salad is good. I always seem to get the mixed grill for the entree.

Im not very fond of the until we meet again menu, especially the desserts. I think I've always got the Mickey bars on that night.

Regardless you are going to have a fabulous time. You'll eat way too much and love it still! Don't forget that all day you can grab a burger, hot dog, brat, veggie burger or chicken sandwich at Pluto's.

I also order room service every morning. Just leave the tag on your door by 10PM and they'll bring you hot coffee, cream, a bagel and cream cheese, cereal, fruit, donuts.

Whatever you want on that door tag and it will show up at your stateroom at the time you specify and you don't even need to go up to deck 9 to get it. We like to do this because I NEED my coffee in the morning, but Fran needs my help to get up and dressed. This way I have my coffee while we're both getting dressed. She also gets a little food in her tummy so she doesn't get sick with all her meds on an empty stomach.

Oh yes, a thermal bag would be perfect, and some ice. I said ziplock so it could be disposable. So who's going on this fabulous trip with you? I'm sorry if I've missed this being said before.

Good point with the ziplock. Less to keep up with. My DH and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary. This is our first cruise without our three kids so it is definitely going to be a fabulous trip. Lol.

I happen to love Grand Marnier souffles and that's offered on the dessert menu the night in Triton's. I dint know what the dining rotation on the five night cruises are. In fact I don't even remember what it was on the Magic. Is your pirate night on night 3 or 4?

i believe it's our 3rd night, our Cozumel Day. I hope we're even hungry for dinner that night. The menu at Nachi looks authentic for the most part and the food pics I've seen on TA look like real Mexican grub. I love love love real Mexican food. I'm sure we'll stuff ourselves silly that day.​

You'll probably have three nights of regular menu, pirate menu and the "until we meet again" menu on the last night. My favorite is the night in Triton's. I love the onion soup! I think that is also the night that they serve lobster. I remember out of Galveston they served it with red beans and I thought that was rather Southern or Bayou like.

We get lobster on the Wonder? Joshua really wants lobster but I told him I wasn't sure if we get it on the 5 night. I'm a fan of onion soup top. I think we've got similar food tastes. Did you try many fish dishes? They just don't do it for me from what I've seen. The lamb looks yummy and of course there's always steak. Anything you really disliked? That seafood cheesecake thing looks awful. :scared: Either people seem to love it or hate it.​

The parrot cay menu is starting to grow on me. The spinach salad is good. I always seem to get the mixed grill for the entree.

I think it looks good. The restaurant looks a little dated but the food looks good. I've poured over the menus and I like something on all of them at least from what I've read. I see on some entrees they served sweet mashed potatoes and then on others regular mashed potatoes; do they allow substitutions on the side dishes? I don't love sweet potatoes but the entree looks good.​

Im not very fond of the until we meet again menu, especially the desserts. I think I've always got the Mickey bars on that night.

Does the 5 night have that menu? I don't think I've seen it.​

Regardless you are going to have a fabulous time. You'll eat way too much and love it still! Don't forget that all day you can grab a burger, hot dog, brat, veggie burger or chicken sandwich at Pluto's.

I see us doing a lot of that. I can see Joshua skipping the MDR and opting for a slice of pizza and watching a movie. :rotfl: He'll know where to find me. There are a few movies he wants to see on board so right now I'm trying to coordinate those. He loved Monster U and its playing. Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks are also playing. He didn't like Banks but I swear its because he didn't see it with me. He saw with the girls and my father in law when we were in southern Utah. No one there to explain it to him. ;)

I also order room service every morning. Just leave the tag on your door by 10PM and they'll bring you hot coffee, cream, a bagel and cream cheese, cereal, fruit, donuts.

Whatever you want on that door tag and it will show up at your stateroom at the time you specify and you don't even need to go up to deck 9 to get it. We like to do this because I NEED my coffee in the morning, but Fran needs my help to get up and dressed. This way I have my coffee while we're both getting dressed. She also gets a little food in her tummy so she doesn't get sick with all her meds on an empty stomach.

I'm going to do this too. Joshua isn't usually hungry right when he wakes up but loves a glass of juice so I'm thinking I'll get my decaf and his oj delivered and we can have it while we get ready. My creamer pods will be in the room, if I decide to get them so that makes it easy.

Yeah, meds on an empty stomach is no good. Smart to have her eat a little some thing before breakfast. Breakfast isn't at a certain time though right? Meaning we can go whenever, wherever we ant. What are our options? Joshua loves a buffet.​

Good point with the ziplock. Less to keep up with. My DH and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary. This is our first cruise without our three kids so it is definitely going to be a fabulous trip. Lol.

Thats exciting and congrats! What a cool way to celebrate 10 years. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much :goodvibes

What fun, a party to boot :)

Speaking of birthdays, any special plans for yours?

When I think about it I almost can't stand it I'm so excited! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

No bday plans and I may not be going to Vegas. :upsidedow Michael's SB job got canceled so originally he was going to take Joshua to Vegas for his soccer and I was going to try to swing a cheapie cheap trip to So Cal for my bday. Stay with my best friend, see A&F if the timing was right, do one day at Disney, see my dad, and see then another good girlfriend. Well we just found out tonight that the SB job was cancelled. I had resolved myself to Vegas for soccer and that M would be away for my bday. He mentioned me joining him in SB as his hotel is paid for and he gets a decent per diem so we'd only be responsible for my flights. The room even comes with a gorgeous bottle of wine every night. I would have had to book SB 7 days in advance and we're way past that. Basically we've got nothing planned. Joshua wants me to go to Vegas no matter what so I'm thinking we should leave a day early and all go but Gabby will be training at Starbucks and will have to work at least one of the 4 days we'd be gone and I don't want to leave her all alone though she assures us that shes 17 now and will be fine. Bleh. Makes my head hurt just thinking of all of it. I think I'm going to add my bday to the cruise and celebrate there. It's only 3 weeks after so I think that's close enough. :teeth:

Happy Anniversary! :) that will be a wonderful, pun intended, way to celebrate :)

i believe it's our 3rd night, our Cozumel Day. I hope we're even hungry for dinner that night. The menu at Nachi looks authentic for the most part and the food pics I've seen on TA look like real Mexican grub. I love love love real Mexican food. I'm sure we'll stuff ourselves silly that day.​

Dinner isn't until later so hopefully you'll be hungry. If not you can always skip dinner and do the buffet after pirate night.

I don't mean to answer questions you asked Alison but I'm going to throw my two cents in.

We get lobster on the Wonder? Joshua really wants lobster but I told him I wasn't sure if we get it on the 5 night. I'm a fan of onion soup top. I think we've got similar food tastes. Did you try many fish dishes? They just don't do it for me from what I've seen. The lamb looks yummy and of course there's always steak. Anything you really disliked? That seafood cheesecake thing looks awful. :scared: Either people seem to love it or hate it.​

Most of the fish dishes I had were very yummy.

I think it looks good. The restaurant looks a little dated but the food looks good. I've poured over the menus and I like something on all of them at least from what I've read. I see on some entrees they served sweet mashed potatoes and then on others regular mashed potatoes; do they allow substitutions on the side dishes? I don't love sweet potatoes but the entree looks good.​

You can mix and match any of the sides and entrees, they're very accommodating.

Does the 5 night have that menu? I don't think I've seen it.​

That will be on the last night, not my favorite menu either but there are some redeeming items.

Yeah, meds on an empty stomach is no good. Smart to have her eat a little some thing before breakfast. Breakfast isn't at a certain time though right? Meaning we can go whenever, wherever we ant. What are our options? Joshua loves a buffet. [/CENTER]

There is a buffet and a sit down breakfast you can choose from. The sit down operates for less hours, usually from 7-9 or 9:30. The buffet is open until 11 or 11:30. They will post the hours on the navigator the night before. You can go whenever you want within those times.

No bday plans and I may not be going to Vegas. :upsidedow Michael's SB job got canceled so originally he was going to take Joshua to Vegas for his soccer and I was going to try to swing a cheapie cheap trip to So Cal for my bday. Stay with my best friend, see A&F if the timing was right, do one day at Disney, see my dad, and see then another good girlfriend. Well we just found out tonight that the SB job was cancelled. I had resolved myself to Vegas for soccer and that M would be away for my bday. He mentioned me joining him in SB as his hotel is paid for and he gets a decent per diem so we'd only be responsible for my flights. The room even comes with a gorgeous bottle of wine every night. I would have had to book SB 7 days in advance and we're way past that. Basically we've got nothing planned. Joshua wants me to go to Vegas no matter what so I'm thinking we should leave a day early and all go but Gabby will be training at Starbucks and will have to work at least one of the 4 days we'd be gone and I don't want to leave her all alone though she assures us that shes 17 now and will be fine. Bleh. Makes my head hurt just thinking of all of it. I think I'm going to add my bday to the cruise and celebrate there. It's only 3 weeks after so I think that's close enough. :teeth:

You still must do something, it's your birthday! And soccer isn't until after right? Absolutely add your birthday to the cruise too :)

Dinner isn't until later so hopefully you'll be hungry. If not you can always skip dinner and do the buffet after pirate night.

We'll go no matter what if only for dessert. Remember my goal of a Mickey bar per day. :rotfl2:

I don't mean to answer questions you asked Alison but I'm going to throw my two cents in.

Answer away friend. The more cents the better. :thumbsup2

Most of the fish dishes I had were very yummy.

You can mix and match any of the sides and entrees, they're very accommodating.

That will be on the last night, not my favorite menu either but there are some redeeming items.

There is a buffet and a sit down breakfast you can choose from. The sit down operates for less hours, usually from 7-9 or 9:30. The buffet is open until 11 or 11:30. They will post the hours on the navigator the night before. You can go whenever you want within those times.

You still must do something, it's your birthday! And soccer isn't until after right? Absolutely add your birthday to the cruise too :)

Good to know, I'm a picky fish person. Like really picky. I don't like the overly fishy taste and I like it simple, not a lot of sauces etc...

Good to know about the side dishes. :cool1: I love a nice baked potato when on vacation. Lots of butter, sour cream, and chives. :lovestruc

What do your order from the sail away menu?

So there is a sit down MDR breakfast but we can go anytime while their open? What do you like to do?

My birthday is this Friday and soccer is Match 14.​

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Bigger won't fit on the page will it?

There isn't a big enough font to capture and communicate my excitement.​

If you dont like lots of sauces you can always get grilled salmon or grilled chicken with a baked potato and veggies. Perfectly cooked salmon and potato, its the 'lite' option but also my fall back if nothing on the menu interests me.

I think they had a fabulous creamy pasta dish on the last night's menu.

Yes, there is a MDR breakfast but no specific time you have to go, just any time while they're open. Usually I choose depending on when I wake up, but really enjoy the MDR sit down breakfasts.

Your and mom's birthday is the same, I'll never forget. :) your family better do something special for you, you deserve it!

If you dont like lots of sauces you can always get grilled salmon or grilled chicken with a baked potato and veggies. Perfectly cooked salmon and potato, its the 'lite' option but also my fall back if nothing on the menu interests me.

I think they had a fabulous creamy pasta dish on the last night's menu.

Yes, there is a MDR breakfast but no specific time you have to go, just any time while they're open. Usually I choose depending on when I wake up, but really enjoy the MDR sit down breakfasts.

Your and mom's birthday is the same, I'll never forget. :) your family better do something special for you, you deserve it!

Thats right. I share my day with your sweet mama! :goodvibes On Saturday night we're going to my friend's for dinner but unsure about Friday night.

So we can do either the buffet or MDR. Awesome! This is going to be amazing. I cannot believe how close we are.

Look what I saw today on the Port of Miami webcam:

ba68338a8a1613428fe545525a3c5a45_zpsaa28c419.jpg

That is one beautiful sight! :love:

I agree. :cloud9: I'm giddy. We're so close now. :hyper:

I thinks that Friday night we're going to go to a dueling piano bar with some friends. :thumbsup2 What is your cute mom doing? I can't believe I'm going to be 45! Time goes by as quickly as everyone says. :faint:

I agree. :cloud9: I'm giddy. We're so close now. :hyper:

I thinks that Friday night we're going to go to a dueling piano bar with some friends. :thumbsup2 What is your cute mom doing? I can't believe I'm going to be 45! Time goes by as quickly as everyone says. :faint:

A piano bar sounds fun :) don't think about the number, you're only as old as you feel, right? :)

Mom is going down to Georgia with her DBF, they have property down there that they go to any chance they get.

:boat: 26 Days!!!! :boat:

A piano bar sounds fun :) don't think about the number, you're only as old as you feel, right? :)

Mom is going down to Georgia with her DBF, they have property down there that they go to any chance they get.

:boat: 26 Days!!!! :boat:

26 days!!! Incredible and impossible. :dance3: :dance3:

Georgia sound setter than my piano bar for sure. Happy Birthday to your cute mom. party:

I'm so excited now for Chloe, she's going to Colorado with her friend for a couple days over Spring Break. A little mommy guilt absolved. ;) Next time we'll do a family cruise. :thumbsup2

26 days!!! Incredible and impossible. :dance3: :dance3:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Georgia sound setter than my piano bar for sure. Happy Birthday to your cute mom. party:

A piano bar sounds like lots of fun! I know she'll say the same right back :)

I'm so excited now for Chloe, she's going to Colorado with her friend for a couple days over Spring Break. A little mommy guilt absolved. ;) Next time we'll do a family cruise. :thumbsup2

That's awesome :) M isn't going to know what to do with everyone gone.

:cool1::cool1::cool::cool:

A piano bar sounds like lots of fun! I know she'll say the same right back :)

That's awesome :) M isn't going to know what to do with everyone gone.

I hope he finds some much needed downtown. My guy works so hard. I'm guessing if Gabby has a day or two off, they'll find something fun to do.

SLC has two fun piano bars. This will be my first time at this one, its called the Tavernacle. I think it's a play on words from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir but not sure. They like to do that around here. ;)

I'm so happy for Chloe. She'll have fun. I think they're most looking forward to the plane ride together. :rotfl: I hope the flight attendants can handle them. They're loud teenage girls. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter