A rabbi, a priest, and a pastor board the Wonder: we're back!

I think they have hotels at the Miami airport! Are you flying into Miami or FLL? I'll look because I swear Miami has airports on site which sounds nuts but cool too. Remember if you find a Marriott or Hilton let me know and we'll plug in my friend's code to see if its applicable. Now that we're during Spring Break, it may not apply but it's worth giving it a shot.​

Flying into FLL since that's all SW goes to. Thanks, will check with you about the code. I got so frustrated with previous searches I took a break, but it would feel better to have that booked.

I'm sure we'll milk it too. :rotfl: Do you go to the main siding room for your final breakfast or the buffet? What time will our time be if we're late seating?

I like going to the main dining room the last morning. You get to see your serving team and tablemates one last time :) it will be either 8:00-8:15, early dinner people have a 6:30 breakfast. If I had that I'd probably do the buffet, that's much too early for breakfast.

:tink: 187 days again!!! :tink:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

At least this way we know it'll definitely be warm enough to swim at CC. :beach:

Those people are nuts! You need a bed and a private potty for the night. Are they homeless?

:rotfl: they're cheap! One of them is a hippy. I can be cheap about certain things, but I need a shower and a nights rest or I won't be a happy camper.

And I agree with Alison, sleeping in the airport is bonkers unless your 18 and traveling Europe! :crazy:

I was shocked how many of then agreed that I should just stay up all night. The only time I ever did that was after watching Psycho when I was probably 10. Had to see the sun before I could close my eyes :laughing: but a well rested Pam is a happy Pam and that's how I'd like to start vacation. Once I did have to stay overnight at Heathrow because I ran out of money, but I fell asleep on the floor.

Love the Michael story, he sounds like an adventurer! And how did he meet One Direction?

I guess I know nothing about the whole diamond trade. I didn't know people were hurt in that field.

Flying into FLL since that's all SW goes to. Thanks, will check with you about the code. I got so frustrated with previous searches I took a break, but it would feel better to have that booked.

Are you staying in FLL the night before or Miami? I don't think I'll have a problem getting to Miami from the hotel in FLL the morning of the cruise, do you? I am guessing we'll have a fairly late boarding time as this is our first cruise so we are last to book anything and check in.​

I like going to the main dining room the last morning. You get to see your serving team and tablemates one last time :) it will be either 8:00-8:15, early dinner people have a 6:30 breakfast. If I had that I'd probably do the buffet, that's much too early for breakfast.

I am so glad we changed to late dinner! :thumbsup2 6:30 sounds way too early especially with the time change. It's not on our side. I think I'd want to say goodbye to the servers too. You'll have to verse me on the whole tipping this. I read it's included already but then there is an evelope at the end? :upsidedow

:hippie: 185 days!!! :hippie:

At least this way we know it'll definitely be warm enough to swim at CC. :beach:

That's very true. I wasn't elated with the thoughts of a chilly day on CC but loved the idea of a mid-winter break as I know you were too. March does mess up some other potential plans too but it also sounds like a wonderful time to cruise from everything I have read.​

I was shocked how many of then agreed that I should just stay up all night. The only time I ever did that was after watching Psycho when I was probably 10. Had to see the sun before I could close my eyes :laughing: but a well rested Pam is a happy Pam and that's how I'd like to start vacation. Once I did have to stay overnight at Heathrow because I ran out of money, but I fell asleep on the floor.

After Psycho? Wasn't that the worst movie ever? Norman Bates to this day is one of the scariest characters ever. I don;t love horror movies as it is. I like happy love story endings.​

Love the Michael story, he sounds like an adventurer! And how did he meet One Direction?

He was the Moho driver for the *Gotta be You* video and spent a week on location with the crew and band. He exchanged emails with the manager so when he knew they were coming to Vegas, they arranged for the the girls to meet them. :banana: That was such a fun weekend!​

I guess I know nothing about the whole diamond trade. I didn't know people were hurt in that field.

It can be a pretty harrowing business, very very dangerous. When the boys go to Africa, they've got security with them 24/7. Watch the movie *Blood Diamond*. It's pretty accurate. That's why Michael and Ed practice fair trade only which, in a nutshell, means ethical treatment of miners, their wages, and their working conditions. They are 100% fair trade across the board. Not everyone is. :sad1: Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy a diamond, or any gem, unless I knew not only it's origin but also the conditions etc under which it was mined. Not that I'm a big diamond girl by any means :hippie: in fact these are my first set of real diamond earrings. Knowing that they are conflict free makes them that much more valuable to me. They are also sentimental as Michael and his partner mined them. It's crazy. Conflict free and fair trade and are very important to people. We all have our causes. After seeing Michael's photos and hearing their stories and even being with the miners at the mines, it feels personal now and it truly is for Michael. Companies can say they are fair trade but unless they've got someone at the mines you never know for sure. Here's an article. Remember Kathy Lee Gifford and her sweat shop overseas? This makes that look like a McDonald's playland. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15842524/...-grim-reality-tarnishes-glitter/#.UkLtGRaD5qg

Are you staying in FLL the night before or Miami? I don't think I'll have a problem getting to Miami from the hotel in FLL the morning of the cruise, do you? I am guessing we'll have a fairly late boarding time as this is our first cruise so we are last to book anything and check in.​

I'll stay in FLL, Miami is too expensive. No, it'll be very easy to get to the port in the morning. Have you looked at SAS? They're $15 per person to the port. They open up general boarding around noon, so even if you get a late arrival time you'll still be able to get on the ship.

I am so glad we changed to late dinner! :thumbsup2 6:30 sounds way too early especially with the time change. It's not on our side. I think I'd want to say goodbye to the servers too. You'll have to verse me on the whole tipping this. I read it's included already but then there is an evelope at the end? :upsidedow

I'm glad you changed too :goodvibes

The tips aren't included, they'll be charged to your onboard account for a certain amount. You can go to guest services and increase/ decrease them as you see fit. They'll deliver a paper to your stateroom that has the amount of the tip and the person it goes to that you can put in a little envelope. Giving them to the actual person is just a formality. I like to bring notecards and write a little note of thanks for their hard work. Makes it a little more personal. If you don't think you'll want to do the last breakfast you can give the tips out the night before.

:hippie: 185 days!!! :hippie:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That's very true. I wasn't elated with the thoughts of a chilly day on CC but loved the idea of a mid-winter break as I know you were too. March does mess up some other potential plans too but it also sounds like a wonderful time to cruise from everything I have read.​

Uh oh, are you talking about your May plans or something else? I hope you'll still be able to go on your May trip.

After Psycho? Wasn't that the worst movie ever? Norman Bates to this day is one of the scariest characters ever. I don;t love horror movies as it is. I like happy love story endings.​

That movie was so scary! At the end when you realize what's been going on and he has on the moms clothes :scared1: freaks me out just thinking about it.

He was the Moho driver for the *Gotta be You* video and spent a week on location with the crew and band. He exchanged emails with the manager so when he knew they were coming to Vegas, they arranged for the the girls to meet them. :banana: That was such a fun weekend!​

That's so cool. The girls are going to remember that forever.

Scarier is that Norman Bates was based on Ed Gein a real life serial killer.

Jill in CO

I'll stay in FLL, Miami is too expensive. No, it'll be very easy to get to the port in the morning. Have you looked at SAS? They're $15 per person to the port. They open up general boarding around noon, so even if you get a late arrival time you'll still be able to get on the ship.

I did email them and you're right, it's so inexpensive. :thumbsup2 I didn't know they did a general boarding time on the ships? I can't quote figure out the process but I'm guessing that those who have cruised many times before get first dibs on boarding time? I try to read a lot of threads but really like the trip reports. I need to read more info threads.​

I'm glad you changed too :goodvibes

The tips aren't included, they'll be charged to your onboard account for a certain amount. You can go to guest services and increase/ decrease them as you see fit. They'll deliver a paper to your stateroom that has the amount of the tip and the person it goes to that you can put in a little envelope. Giving them to the actual person is just a formality. I like to bring notecards and write a little note of thanks for their hard work. Makes it a little more personal. If you don't think you'll want to do the last breakfast you can give the tips out the night before.

Oh ok, thank you! That makes much more sense. I'm sure we'll do the last breakfast. It's more time on the ship right? I cannot even imagine the sadness once disembarking. I'm likening it to getting on ME. :sad:

Uh oh, are you talking about your May plans or something else? I hope you'll still be able to go on your May trip.

I am talking about the May girls' trip. As of right now I'm not seeing a feasible (read $$) way of pulling it off. It's not 100% off but for now it looks slim.​

That movie was so scary! At the end when you realize what's been going on and he has on the moms clothes :scared1: freaks me out just thinking about it.

Its awful. Stitching that bird up. :crazy2: The white and black and music just add to it. Mother! Norman!​

That's so cool. The girls are going to remember that forever.

They are! It was great fun for all of us. I have never seen bigger smiles in my life. M said they're really cool kids (1D). Very personable. He worked on the video before they were famous, right after the X Factor. I remember him coming home saying: these kids are going to be famous. Had some music and they sent the girls an autographed photo. They hit BIG in the US about 3 months later.​

Scarier is that Norman Bates was based on Ed Gein a real life serial killer.

Jill in CO

:crazy2: I didn't know it he based on a real person. Gak!​

Hi stranger. How are you? How's the build going?​

Hi!

I am good! Building is moving along real good. I usually post pictures every Friday of the house on both Facebook and my trip planning thread. I have been taking pictures every week for a while. How are you? I am sorry about your cruise. That stinks!

Hi!

I am good! Building is moving along real good. I usually post pictures every Friday of the house on both Facebook and my trip planning thread. I have been taking pictures every week for a while. How are you? I am sorry about your cruise. That stinks!

I'll have to look. My feed is acting so weird. I like the *most recent* setting but it doesn't always show that way. Stuff from days ago will be at the top. So weird.

I'm glad it's going well. I'm very happy for you guys. Last time I saw you were maybe doing a black and purple villains bathroom?

Thanks. It does stink especially for us planners. I'm glad we found another cruise though.​

I'll have to look. My feed is acting so weird. I like the *most recent* setting but it doesn't always show that way. Stuff from days ago will be at the top. So weird.

I'm glad it's going well. I'm very happy for you guys. Last time I saw you were maybe doing a black and purple villains bathroom?

Thanks. It does stink especially for us planners. I'm glad we found another cruise though.​

My feed does that too and it annoys me terribly!

I am still doing the Villain bathroom. I have some wonderful decals that I got from Fathead for the walls. I also have two black shower curtains and towels. I am trying to find some deep purple rugs and towels but I am not having the best of luck.

The girls bathroom is going to be a Princess bathroom. The walls are going to be Cinderella's dress blue. They have the Princess shower curtain, rug, etc.. Plus I got them the Princess trim. All the bathrooms will have white ceramic tile.

Kacy's room is being done in Haunted Mansion style. She has some pillows I ordered from Disney and her comforter has skulls made from flowers on it. She has a purple chair for her room that she has a life sized skeleton that sits on the chair. It should be interesting.

Those are the Disney related rooms. The rest of the house will be "normal" Except for maybe Loren's room that has a decided Raiders twist to it. I have been keeping a blog too about all of the trials and tribulations if you are interested.

I did email them and you're right, it's so inexpensive. :thumbsup2 I didn't know they did a general boarding time on the ships? I can't quote figure out the process but I'm guessing that those who have cruised many times before get first dibs on boarding time? I try to read a lot of threads but really like the trip reports. I need to read more info threads.​

SAS was fantastic when I used them last year. Can't recommend them enough.

When the window opens online to check in you'll be able to pick a time slot you'll be getting to the port, sometimes the earlier times are unavailable because people have already gotten to them, but they don't hold you to that time at the port. When you check in at the port, they'll give you a boarding number, usually the earlier you get to the port the lower number you'll get. They let the 'family of the day' on the ship first and then concierge which is the lowest numbers, and very quickly all the other numbers are called. It's a very organized and smooth process.

Oh ok, thank you! That makes much more sense. I'm sure we'll do the last breakfast. It's more time on the ship right? I cannot even imagine the sadness once disembarking. I'm likening it to getting on ME. :sad:

Exactly, more time on the ship :) Being taken care of one last meal is the perfect way to end vacation IMHO.

If there's one negative to cruising is that they practically take care of everthing for you. Make you meals, clean up your room, make your bed, provide entertainment. Reentry to normal life is very hard :rotfl:

I am talking about the May girls' trip. As of right now I'm not seeing a feasible (read $$) way of pulling it off. It's not 100% off but for now it looks slim.​

Are you 100% on the March dates? You could do a cruise this year and not have to change your next year plans. Not that I'm wanting you to change by any means but just asking.

Its awful. Stitching that bird up. :crazy2: The white and black and music just add to it. Mother! Norman!​

Just thinking about it freaks me out. :rolleyes2

They are! It was great fun for all of us. I have never seen bigger smiles in my life. M said they're really cool kids (1D). Very personable. He worked on the video before they were famous, right after the X Factor. I remember him coming home saying: these kids are going to be famous. Had some music and they sent the girls an autographed photo. They hit BIG in the US about 3 months later.​

That is so cool. I am totally starstruck, so would have been beside myself.

Thankfully no serial killer nightmares but I did dream about killer zombies :rotfl:

Killer zombies? :faint: I am not a fan of killer anything.​

My feed does that too and it annoys me terribly!

I am still doing the Villain bathroom. I have some wonderful decals that I got from Fathead for the walls. I also have two black shower curtains and towels. I am trying to find some deep purple rugs and towels but I am not having the best of luck.

The girls bathroom is going to be a Princess bathroom. The walls are going to be Cinderella's dress blue. They have the Princess shower curtain, rug, etc.. Plus I got them the Princess trim. All the bathrooms will have white ceramic tile.

Kacy's room is being done in Haunted Mansion style. She has some pillows I ordered from Disney and her comforter has skulls made from flowers on it. She has a purple chair for her room that she has a life sized skeleton that sits on the chair. It should be interesting.

Those are the Disney related rooms. The rest of the house will be "normal" Except for maybe Loren's room that has a decided Raiders twist to it. I have been keeping a blog too about all of the trials and tribulations if you are interested.

The room and bathrooms sound so great! I am so happy that something joyful has come from the tragedy. You all have been through so much and deserve wonderful things. Can't wait to see pics.​

SAS was fantastic when I used them last year. Can't recommend them enough.

:thumbsup2 I am all about recommendations and reliability. Joshua is actually very happy about the date change now. He has more difficult classes second term and his last term looks easier. He won't miss days now.​

When the window opens online to check in you'll be able to pick a time slot you'll be getting to the port, sometimes the earlier times are unavailable because people have already gotten to them, but they don't hold you to that time at the port. When you check in at the port, they'll give you a boarding number, usually the earlier you get to the port the lower number you'll get. They let the 'family of the day' on the ship first and then concierge which is the lowest numbers, and very quickly all the other numbers are called. It's a very organized and smooth process.

Ok, that makes more sense. How long do you think it will take to get from FLL to the Port of Miami? M says the two airports are about a half hour apart, give or take. Family of the Day? Can you imagine? I'd flip!​

Exactly, more time on the ship :) Being taken care of one last meal is the perfect way to end vacation IMHO.

They're going to have to pry me off the ship. :rotfl2:

If there's one negative to cruising is that they practically take care of everthing for you. Make you meals, clean up your room, make your bed, provide entertainment. Reentry to normal life is very hard :rotfl:

I can't even imagine. :cloud9: Being pampered for 5 nights sounds like a dream, truly. Make the bed? :lovestruc I despise making the bed. And doing dishes.​

Are you 100% on the March dates? You could do a cruise this year and not have to change your next year plans. Not that I'm wanting you to change by any means but just asking.

We are 100%. Return flight booked. SAS booked to airport from the port. Hotel booked.

It's too soon to cruise this year for us. His bar mitzvah is in 2 weeks exactly and then Halloween and then Vegas for Thanksgiving for soccer and then Christmas (we don't do hanukkah gifts anymore).

party: 182 days!!! party:

That is so cool. I am totally starstruck, so would have been beside myself.[/QUOTE]

Killer zombies? :faint: I am not a fan of killer anything.​

I probably watch and read too many things with killers, it transfers over to dreams all the time.

:thumbsup2 I am all about recommendations and reliability. Joshua is actually very happy about the date change now. He has more difficult classes second term and his last term looks easier. He won't miss days now.​

That's wonderful about his classes :)

Ok, that makes more sense. How long do you think it will take to get from FLL to the Port of Miami? M says the two airports are about a half hour apart, give or take. Family of the Day? Can you imagine? I'd flip!​

I get so jealous of the family of the day, first ones on the ship!? So cool!!!

It's about 45 minutes from the port to FLL. You call SAS once you get through customs and they pick you right up.

They're going to have to pry me off the ship. :rotfl2:

::yes:: :rotfl: you might have already heard this, but if you rebook on the cruise you get 20% off and only have to pay a 10% down payment. If you're not sure of a date you can book anything and move it as many times as you need. So if you fall in love with it like I'm positive you will you can make sure there's another one in the future and save some money at the same time :)

I can't even imagine. :cloud9: Being pampered for 5 nights sounds like a dream, truly. Make the bed? :lovestruc I despise making the bed. And doing dishes.​

It's amazing! They take care of everything :goodvibes

We are 100%. Return flight booked. SAS booked to airport from the port. Hotel booked.

It's too soon to cruise this year for us. His bar mitzvah is in 2 weeks exactly and then Halloween and then Vegas for Thanksgiving for soccer and then Christmas (we don't do hanukkah gifts anymore).​

Whew! :) that question has been in the back of my mind for a while but I didn't want to give you any ideas :rotfl:

Awesome about getting everything booked!

party: 182 days!!! party:

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

I probably watch and read too many things with killers, it transfers over to dreams all the time.

That's wonderful about his classes :)

I get so jealous of the family of the day, first ones on the ship!? So cool!!!

It's about 45 minutes from the port to FLL. You call SAS once you get through customs and they pick you right up.

::yes:: :rotfl: you might have already heard this, but if you rebook on the cruise you get 20% off and only have to pay a 10% down payment. If you're not sure of a date you can book anything and move it as many times as you need. So if you fall in love with it like I'm positive you will you can make sure there's another one in the future and save some money at the same time :)

It's amazing! They take care of everything :goodvibes

Whew! :) that question has been in the back of my mind for a while but I didn't want to give you any ideas :rotfl:

Awesome about getting everything booked!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

January was so perfect and I hadn't really thought about cruising this year. Still a little bummed over my mid winter break but so glad we'll have the warm weather on our side.

I'm definitely planning on rebooking on board. Seems like a no brainer as you can move it as many times as need be. I'm hoping once M sees how much fun Joshua and I had, he'll board the cruise train. He's so anti-cruise but I don't think he fully understands how much fun it can be. I think he's got PTSD from watching The Love Boat in the 70's. :lmao: He doesn't get that it's not all ventriloquist and glitter. It'll take time but I'm sure he'll warm up to it. He didn't like Disney when we met and just the other day he was saying how he wants to go back to WDW once the new DTD is complete and stay at SSR. I didn't know he knew about the the new DTD but he read about it in USA Today.

Will SAS do transport from the hotel to port too or are they just port/airport airport/port?​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter