A quick review of our visit to Discovery Cove today.

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
Had a great day at DC today. Left Wyndham Bonnet Creek at 7.40am. Had wanted to leave earlier but have a 16 year old son to get out of bed! Made a quick stop for petrol then short drive and at DC by 8.15. No wait to check in which was great. They noticed my husband had a birthday on August 2nd so gave him a birthday lanyard and for the rest of the day people wished him happy birthday. We thought it was quite funny as our sons birthday was on 12th but he didn't get one.
So we headed straight to the Ray pool to secure sun beds with an umbrella which wasn't a problem. Then off to breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of cooked breakfast but the guys loved it, I stuck with fruit and a couple of French toast sticks. Then off to get wet suits, lockers and sun cream and we were all set. It was pretty warm so spent a while with the Rays which were great. Henry had a go pro for first time so look forward to watching the film. Then off to the lazy river, which we all love. I try to swim round rather than float, just to burn off a few calories. We did this a few times then back to the Rays. It's quite a walk but with all the food we would consume I think that's a good idea. We headed off to an early lunch at 12 and we ate light.. I had the fish and vegetables which were good and the guys had burgers. The idea was to come back after 3 and have a little bit more and dessert.
The rest of the afternoon was mainly spent floating round the lazy river. Finally headed back to the beds about 2.30 and for a well deserved nap, when the lightening started and we were asked to move off the beach areas. So headed for a late snack instead. We all had the chicken tenders which were excellent and the key lime pie. By the time we finished the pools were open so went over to see the otters. Had drinks and ice cream in the pool where the seats in the water are. I hadn't realised how nice the ice cream was, so I had two more before the day was out.
More Ray pool and finished the day with two more laps around the lazy river which took us to 5.25pm, so only five minutes before closing. Packed up our stuff and were in the car by 5.50 and back at BC by 6.10. Such a great day. This is day 9 of our 22 night trip. Go home two weeks today so still a lot of fun to be had.
Feel free to ask any questions while it's all still fresh in my mind!
Really recommend DC. It's our 4th year running. Never stay at a park from opening to close except this one. Just love it.

Sounds very relaxing.
Heading for our first visit in 2 weeks, so excited!

What did you use to secure seats, just leave items on chairs?

Sounds very relaxing.
Heading for our first visit in 2 weeks, so excited!

What did you use to secure seats, just leave items on chairs?
Just left towels on them, still plenty of beds available late morning. We just wanted to make sure we had ones in the shade, not that we actually satin them for very long.

Sounds like a great day! For those going soon, we tried the Sea Venture this month, and really recommend it, it was so much fun. We did the dolphin swim years ago, and that for us was once and done. But I would do the Sea Venture again in a heartbeat.

Agreed, it is the only park I have ever been in until closing. The place is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter