A quick "is it worth it question"...

HHSTigerFan

DIS Veteran
5 night trip, ADR's of character breakfasts at Tusker House and Chef Mickey's, lunch at Crystal Palace and dinners at WCC and Ohana's... Worth the shade under $700 for DP? As far as CS, usually like Flame Tree, Cosmic Rays, Columbia and pick whatever in Epcot and Studios..

5 night trip, ADR's of character breakfasts at Tusker House and Chef Mickey's, lunch at Crystal Palace and dinners at WCC and Ohana's... Worth the shade under $700 for DP? As far as CS, usually like Flame Tree, Cosmic Rays, Columbia and pick whatever in Epcot and Studios..

YES! Totally worth it! Esp since youre doing a lot of character meals. :thumbsup2 You will get a ton of different answers. But we always loved using the DP. We always came out on top.
Plus its nice not worrying about how much youre spending on food. Its all prepaid!

If you have kids, this may be different, but adding up the price of the ADRs you have listed, the total is only $155 for an adult. So, can you eat QS and snacks for less than $545? I think so!!!

OOPS! Just realized I used the total ($700) for you family to do the math for just one adult. So, to give you an idea of what it would cost total for one adult, I went to the CS you listed, added Tangeriene and Wolfgang at DTD and chose the most expensive item at all of them along with the most expensive dessert and the large soft drink. The total for CS for an adult is $110.55. So for one adult, it is $265.55 IF you get the most expensive things.

Just for fun, I went back and chose the least expensive entrees and desserts at the above CS and the smaller soda. The total now is $76.47. If you average the two, you get $93.50. Add that to the $155 and your one adult total for 5 TS and 5 CS is $248.50. Add in five $4 snacks and your total is $268.50.

Sorry, it's two adults and 2 kids.

Okay, that helps. The kids total for the ADRs is around $75 each (WCC is the one I had to guess at since they've changed their menu recently, but think I'm within $1). So your family total for ADRs is $460. That number won't change since your doing all buffets. The question then becomes can you HAPPILY eat your CS and snacks for less than $240. Will you share some CS meals? Do all of you want CS desserts at every meal? Do you all drink soda/tea? Will the kids be happy with the kids meals or would they rather share an adult? AND then there's the whole convenience factor of having the DDP and not worrying about any of it. Sorry, but those are things only you can answer.

Sooooooo... are we looking at whether we do it or not, not a big savings? In the past we have always done the deluxe plan, so used to bigger savings, but with this trip being only 5 days, don't want to spend a lot of time doing TS..

I went and searched for the WCC pricing for the kids. The platter for them has gone up a lot. If they get the platter, you'll need to add $6 each. I think they can still get a la carte items for less than $10 (I had alloted $11). I'm assuming you do know that adults can only get the platter at dinner.

As for savings or not, it really depends on how you want to eat. I know the kids' CS meals are all right at $6, so for the two of them for 5 days, that's $60. But, if you can share three adult entrees and not have dessert at every meal, then you're better OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter