A Quick DCL Review from a Family of Veteran Cruisers on other lines

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Golden Rose, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Golden Rose

Golden Rose Princess by Choice

We just got off the Magic yesterday. This was our first DCL cruise, but everyone in our party (including the toddler) has cruised on other lines before.

I asked everyone in our family what they thought of the trip.

DM - "This is the best line I've ever seen for kids. I was very impressed."

DH - "Oh my gosh, there were so many kids...."

DS - "This is was the Best Cruise Ever! So far..."

DD - "Mee Mouse! Mee Mouse!"

As our family's trip planner, I have been asked to cancel next year's planned RCCL cruise and book another DCL cruise.

Pre-cruise, I wondered why people who tried DCL were so determined to stay with DCL, often exclusively. We're not determined to sail exclusively with DCL in the future, but I agree that for young children, it is the best we've seen. Both our almost 2 year old and our 7 year old absolutely adored it. I'll do more of a comparison later, but I wanted to share our initial impressions.

2. MAJPLO

MAJPLO DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read your trip report! We have only cruised once before; our trip was on the Wonder. We have another scheduled on the Fantasy next Fall, but just last week booked with RCCL on a trip with extended family. I'm really nervous how that will go having already been spoiled by Disney. I noticed you mentioned on another of your posts that you've cruised with RCCL before so I really am looking forward to reading what you have to say!

3. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

I am so glad to hear that you and your children had such a good time on the Magic, as we are to board the Magic as well in Jan 2013. I am a first-timer and this is all new to me...so reading this made me relax a bit. :beach: