A QSDP and DATW review with pics. Loved it! (Complete)

Day 4

The night that we went to the wrong WPE location, I went back to the room and asked my fellow DIS’ers if the menu had change. They pointed me in the right direction which was the Marketplace location. Our bill came out to $89. Craziness! It was very good but that was the most expensive QS meal by far. Thank goodness for the dinning plan.

We are going to WDW in a few weeks. Typically, we go with my sister, who is full of wonderful WDW knowledge and we just follow her wherever she goes, ensuring us of wonderful dining experiences. However, this trip, she is unable to go, so we are on our own.

I didn't realize there was a "good" and a "bad" WPE. I am looking forward to eating there for one or two of our counter service (we are on the upgraded dining plan (not deluxe but one TS, one QS). When you say Marketplace, where exactly is this? We were going to Downtown Disney. Is this the good one?

Thank you so very much for writing a QSDP review. There are far too few of them. The pictures were great as well.

Slightly Goofy

Thanks for the encouraging and uplifting review (and the warning about the Chicken Wrap .. SO was actually looking at that on the menus, but she is a really picky eater and that would have been a scene ..:happytv:)

She was skeptical about the QSDP thinking it was only going to be Burgers and Chicken Nuggets, so this really helps!!

The West side Pucks used to be the GOOD one as it served Macadamia Chicken and mashed taters that were out of thise world and more than made up for the poor service we often got but alas, no more. sigh

Slightly Goofy

Great reviews OP, thanks for posting. We love Columbia Harbour Huse at MK too - it is probably our favourite CS.

DesertGal, there are two Wolfgang Puck Express outlets at Downtown Disney, one at Marketplace and one Westside. The Marketplace one is the one near all the main shops/store and also where Earl of Sandwich and rainforest cafe is. The Westside one is the one down near the AMC cinema complex.

Great reviews OP, thanks for posting. We love Columbia Harbour Huse at MK too - it is probably our favourite CS.

DesertGal, there are two Wolfgang Puck Express outlets at Downtown Disney, one at Marketplace and one Westside. The Marketplace one is the one near all the main shops/store and also where Earl of Sandwich and rainforest cafe is. The Westside one is the one down near the AMC cinema complex.

Thanks for the information. My sister didn't even realize there were two. I've marked our plans accordingly. I have a feeling this is where we will be eating a majority of our QS meals because it looks delicious and offers a lot of healthy choices. My biggest worry about this trip is that I'm going to gain a ton of weight because I am not a fast food eater in "real life". We are doing the Disney Cruise right before this as well. I'm going to try and have an open mind!

Day 4

I didn't realize there was a "good" and a "bad" WPE. I am looking forward to eating there for one or two of our counter service (we are on the upgraded dining plan (not deluxe but one TS, one QS). When you say Marketplace, where exactly is this? We were going to Downtown Disney. Is this the good one?

They're both good. DH said the Westside location had the best pizza he's ever had. The marketplace location just had a much bigger selection.

Great reviews! Thank you for posting them. :)

That blood orange margarita looks awesome!

It was awsome and very strong. You really get what you pay for and it was worth every dime. I look foward to getting another one when we go back.

Thanks for the encouraging and uplifting review (and the warning about the Chicken Wrap .. SO was actually looking at that on the menus, but she is a really picky eater and that would have been a scene ..:happytv:)

She was skeptical about the QSDP thinking it was only going to be Burgers and Chicken Nuggets, so this really helps!!

There is something for everyone. We still ate a lot of junk food but we didn't have to. I just asked DD again about the wrap and she said that it didn't taste like anything but lettuce and tortilla :lmao:.

Thanks for the information. My sister didn't even realize there were two. I've marked our plans accordingly. I have a feeling this is where we will be eating a majority of our QS meals because it looks delicious and offers a lot of healthy choices. My biggest worry about this trip is that I'm going to gain a ton of weight because I am not a fast food eater in "real life". We are doing the Disney Cruise right before this as well. I'm going to try and have an open mind!

I hope you have a blast on the cruise. We went on the Magic last year and no matter how hard I tried not to, I gained 6 lbs. Make sure you guys make reservations for Palo. The food is awsome.

Thanks so much for your review. I am planning in going in Mar 11 and have not seen many reviews of QSDP around here.

This was a great review. :thumbsup2 Thank you for taking the time to post.

Just a comment on Pecos Bills (which I love so maybe I am being defensive :lmao:) but I've had the chicken wrap and thought it was great, but I always ask for no dressing. I then add some pickles and things from the fixin's bar. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I really hate when dressing seeps through bread and wraps and makes everything soggy. ;)

I just found your review. I, as well, am doing a QSDP review and I agree completely with your summary of the plan. We loved it, although we can't compare it to the DDP because we've never used that one. Also, WPE!!!! So yummy! Glad you had a good experience! :thumbsup2

This was a great review. :thumbsup2 Thank you for taking the time to post.

Just a comment on Pecos Bills (which I love so maybe I am being defensive :lmao:) but I've had the chicken wrap and thought it was great, but I always ask for no dressing. I then add some pickles and things from the fixin's bar. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I really hate when dressing seeps through bread and wraps and makes everything soggy. ;)

I didn't even think about adding anything from the fixins bar to the wrap. Great idea.

Great reviews and the pics weren't too bad! Sorry about your flash. (DHs - can't trust them with cameras! - ha ha ;) )

Anyway, I just can't bring myself to eat at Pecos Bills - some people like it but alot of people have problems there! But YUM for Columbia Harbor House!

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Love the photos! Sounds like you made good use of the plan.

Did you happen to run numbers on it? My concern with QSDP is that we wouldn't get enough value out of it to make it worthwhile. However we have two vegetarians in our group and would never pay for QS desserts or sodas at every meal (though we'll take them if they are included, well maybe the diet lemonade instead of soda). So that greatly reduces the 'value' for us.

Epcot has excellent QS at Sunshine Seasons inside The Land. We love Tangerine Cafe too, but that is very much a matter of taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter