A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust! Goodbye to Mav Page 36

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by MAGICFOR2, Aug 10, 2013.

1. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Pirates, a Princess and Pixie Dust - Intro

If you’re tuning in for the first time, Hello! And if you’ve joined me on an adventure before, Hello Again! Welcome! This trip was the culmination of years of hopes and dreams, and a personal triumph in family togetherness.
    Let me introduce our crew of pirates and princesses:
    I’m Tammie, Disney –loving grandma to 4, and soon to be 6 beautiful grandchildren, mom to 2 wonderful sons and their beautiful wives, and wife to Jim, recently retired from the military and working on who he is now.
    Jim, my wonderful loving husband has been through some big changes lately – some surprises and disappointments. He loves Disney also, but spending time with our kids and grandkids is number one!

Here's a little preview pic of our 4, with two of our Favs:

[​IMG]

Ryan is our oldest son – He’s always been a leader – he knows what he wants and goes after it. We came to appreciate his assertiveness on this trip. We’re really proud of the man he has grown up to be. He’s a good daddy and serves in the Air National Guard, has his degree and is looking for new opportunities in his career field.
    Dana is his beautiful wife. She’s quiet and laid back, but has a silly side. She loves our son so much, and is a great mommy to our grandsons. Dana works as a dental hygienist.
    Mason, DGS6 and Evan DGS2 are two handsome fun loving little guys. Mason is brilliant and loves to play board games and video games! Evan is lots of fun and loves to play jokes on you, just like his Daddy did! They both love Mickey and are full of energy – when we babysit them we are quite exhausted by the end of the day. There is always a new adventure for them.
    Our youngest son, Mark and his lovely wife Lindsay are both teachers in Texas. They are high school sweethearts (actually Jr High sweethearts) and have been married since their freshman year in college. They have such a heart for making a difference in the lives of the kids they teach – Mark teaches 7th grade Texas history and Lindsay teaches 8th grade algebra. They are blessed to be working at the same middle school! Here’s where the soon to be 6 comes in – they felt a call from the Lord to rescue a child and foster to adopt. They went through the application process (as did Jim and I as support people and babysitters) shortly before this trip. Four days before we were to leave, they were asked to take a sweet little 23 mo. old baby boy - rescued from a very bad situation. The case workers got permission from the judge and the mom to take him with us – being that he was under two, we were able to bring him along with no tickets needed! More on that adventure later, but we can’t share his information or pictures until he’s officially adopted so we’ll call him Maverick. We are hoping and praying he gets to stay in our family – we all love him very much already and have seen huge advances in his personality and learning.
    After being back in town for a week, they were asked to rescue a precious 6 mo. old baby girl from a scarey situation, and they are pretty sure they will get to keep her and adopt her also! She’s happy and laughs readily if you just look at her – and very cuddly, too! We’ll call her Liberty, because that will be her new name.
    Myles DGS8, is our first grandson and quite a special boy. He has a soft heart and is very caring and giving. Of course we think he is a genius, but he really is way ahead of his age in reading and math, and he has a little engineer mind. After coming back from Disney, he took his Kinnex set and built a functioning Tower of Terror. This little guy needs to be sure of things before they happen, so getting him on the roller coasters was quite a challenge – more on that later.
    Our only princess on this trip was our little Londynn, DGD5. She is a beautiful, fun loving girl. She has been a little Diva from day one, and of course I have loved buying purses and shoes and dresses for her! She is quite sure she REALLY is a princess, and grew her hair out all the way past her bum so she could be Rapunzel for her BBB appointment.

Next: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes…..

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Am I first? Really looking forward to this TR Tammy. You have a beautiful family. How proud you must be.

Building a toy ToT? That sounds like a future mechanical engineer to me! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more!

4. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Hi Tammie!

I am definitely in here! Wouldn't miss it for the world. :thumbsup2

We are at WDW at the moment and leaving for our Fantasy cruises in about an hour and a half, but I promise, once we are back I will catch up! ;)

5. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I'm In. Looking forward to seeing how this all went.:goodvibes

6. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

I'm here!!!

7. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Yeah Im so happy you are doing a trippy. I know you have a TON on your plate so no worries on how quick you post, we will all be here to follow ya!

8. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Hi Tammie! I'm here. Your grandkids sure are cute! Looking forward to this one.

9. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

:cheer2::cheer2:You're First! You're First! Yay Mary Ellen!:cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you, of course I think they are all beautiful and brilliant. :goodvibes

We are excited to see who Myles grows up to be - we try to encourage that side of him as much as possible!

Thanks for being here!

Karin! I knew you would be in the World about now. Have a fabulous cruise - I'm looking forward to reading all about it! Thank you for joining us here!:flower3:

Pat! Good to see you here - thanks for joining in!

Hi Dawn! So nice of you to check in! I need to catch up on your TR, too -it has been so fun to see how Seth reacted to the World - we ended up with TWO 2 yr olds, so it was even more interesting than I thought it would be!

Drea!!!! So happy you are here! Thanks for the encouragement, my friend! :yay:

Hey! You found me without the link! You passed the test!:rotfl2: I think I sent out several invites without links. :lmao: I think Rosie is still waiting - I need to head over and get her. :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliments about the grandkids. Thanks for being here!

10. maryr1oz

maryr1oz Mouseketeer

Excited to follow along on your trip :flower3:

11. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Hello maryr1oz! :welcome: So nice to have you here!

12. ladylyons

ladylyons Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Happened across this and can't wait to see what else happens!! Adorable kids!!

13. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Hi Sandra! Welcome:cheer2: I'm so happy you're here.:hug:

14. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear all about this adventure!!!!:goodvibes

15. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

subbing going back to read

16. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Loved the intro!!What cute grandkids you have:goodvibesHow absolutely awesome what your teacher son and his wife are doing for those 2 babies !!!:grouphug:
    Looking forward to reading all about it

17. ladylyons

Me too!! Don't know if you noticed or not but I do have a new ticker!! It may not be a trip ticker but I think it's something just a little bit more exciting!! We are 15 weeks pregnant with baby #4!!!

18. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I didn't see that - congratulations!!! I know how extra happy you are about this new little one!:hug:

19. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Welcome Christine! Nice to have you here!

Rosie! You found me! I had a little trouble with the link when I did finally make one. Thanks for coming over, and thanks for the compliments! I'm working on another installment - like Marv says, I'll have it up "soon." ;)

20. ladylyons

I figured you hadn't. That's why I had to say something. :rotfl2: We are overly excited about this one!! As I'm sure you remember from some of our previous conversations.

21. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

Good day to you Magic. :wave2:

I hope this is the right TR you were referring to over on our TR.