A Princess in Spring - Aibee's first trip - PTR

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hello all,

The excitement and need to plan has gotten to me now, so I thought I'd start my PTR so all my thoughts can be in one place! Not expecting hoardes of readers, but I'd like to have this all saved somewhere for when DD is older so if she gets the Disney bug (she better! ;) ) then she can look back at her early trips.

So I will start with introductions:

First there's me -

Victoria AKA Mummy

29 and the main Disney obsessee of the family, although not by much.

I love WDW with all my heart, so DLRP was booked somewhat of a small fix while we wait a year or two for a WDW trip, but I’ve since become so excited about our trip that it’s like our first DLRP trips before we’d been to WDW! Plenty more on why I’m so excited to come.

I’m the planner, holiday booker and trip-coordinator. While Jack loves the trips as much as I do, I enjoy the build up immensely!

Favourite Character: Daisy Duck

Favourite ride: Tower of Terror

Photo0095FourBySix_zps58bf4e71.jpg

I'll let you figure out who's who!

Next on the list:

Jack AKA Daddy

Also 29 and a big Disney fan.

When we first went to DLRP it was all my idea and he was just along for the ride (although he was a big Disney/PIXAR fan before the trip, but wasn’t overly fussed about holidaying at Disney) by the end of that trip he was a convert!

Basically if I suggest a non-Disney holiday now his answer is “That money would get XYZ at Disney”

He was more keen on the idea of DLRP as DD’s first trip then WDW as I think he finds the idea of a long flight quite daunting (don’t we all!) – and so this trip came to be.

Favourite Character: awaiting his answer....

Favourite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain (his first ever rollercoaster when he went to DLRP with his family when he was young)

And finally, the most important member of our family:

Aibeline AKA Aibee
(Rhymes with Maybelline/Baby)

Don't have a photo of her at the parks yet. So here's one of her doing some research.

IMG_2670_zpsb8a6444d.jpg

Will be 22 months when we go, almost 23, so this is partly an early 2nd birthday trip for her.

We of course started her Disney brainwashing very early (in-utero really as I always have Disney music on in the car and while at my desk at work) and of course everyone who knows us bought her lots of Disney books/toys/clothes when she was born and for her birthday/Christmas etc.

We have waited a long time to have a tiny Disney fan to take with us on our trips, so it’s really going to be extra magical.

Last year we had a couple of theme park trips, to Chessington and Legoland, Aibee loved the rides and was SO excited to meet the Octonauts (who she had no clue who they were, just was desperate to meet the big characters) that I’m very hopeful she’ll be quite at home in Disney. Of course we won’t rush in to anything too overwhelming but fingers crossed we won’t scar her for life!

Favourite Characters: Minnie (Millie) Mouse, Mary Poppins and ‘Punzel

Favourite Ride: To be decided.

Last edited:
About the trip.

In the past we’ve stayed 3 nights 4 days and have felt it’s been more than enough time, sometimes too much. So this trip we got an awesome deal through the French site on a 2 night 3 day trip.

Of course now we’re wishing the trip was longer, but oh well. We’ll be back, and I’m sure we’ll fit plenty in.

We are getting the Eurostar from Ebbsfleet on Monday 23rd March, arriving at DLRP about 2pm, and then getting the 6pm (ish) train back to Ebbsfleet on the Wednesday, so we should be fine considering we won’t be riding many big rides (I’ll sneak away for a go on ToT at some point hopefully.....)

We booked back at the end of last summer as there was a good deal, staying in the Sequoia Lodge, which we quite like

1541372506_19b7c3e894.jpg

Then an even better deal came out so I phoned and upgraded us to the HNY, where we stayed last tiem we visited in 2012, Jack liked it but I don’t find it very Disney-feeling. But being closer and the nicer breakfast was enough to make it worth the swap for me.

hotel_new-york.jpg

Then, an even better deal came out so finally my original plan was realised.....

So now we’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel - yaaaay

disneyland-hotel-new-2x1.jpg

We stayed here back on our engagement trip in 2009 and loved every minute. It will be so much easier with Aibee if she needs a break, and gives us much more chance of making EMH or seeing Dreams. Funny how at WDW I don’t mind a 20 minute bus journey to the parks but at DLRP a 10 minute walk seems too far! Haha. (To be fair we once got a bus from SL to the parks and it was a nightmare experience never to be repeated, unlike WDW buses which are always a pleasure and a part of our holidays)

Next up, our must sees and hope to do’s.

How exciting that you managed to book DLH for your first trip with the whole family... I'm sure it will make it just that much more special! I can't wait to hear the rest of your plans... and Aibee is just too cute so I'm sure you'll have some fantastic pictures to share when you're back! :goodvibes

How exciting that you managed to book DLH for your first trip with the whole family... I'm sure it will make it just that much more special! I can't wait to hear the rest of your plans... and Aibee is just too cute so I'm sure you'll have some fantastic pictures to share when you're back! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading. Xxx

Hoping to update with plans later. X

What a gorgeous little lady :flower1:

Does Miss Aibee have some princess dresses packed for the occasion?

How lucky you guys are to be seeing the park through little eyes. Its magical. Hope you have a super trip and your VIP FP could make for a few turns on ToT. We found them handy for Ratatouille aswell as it was kinda mad busy back in November. Any thoughts on dining?

Being the obsessive planner I am this trip is a little outside my comfort zone thanks to our smallest (& rather unpredictable) traveller.

Until very recently she could be relied on to have a nice 2-3 hour nap at about midday. I was hoping this would continue another year or so, but it’s getting less and less frequent (unless we’re in the car) so basically I have to play every day by ear. Which of course means it’s incredibly hard to plan meals or have any idea of when we’ll be where.

Thank goodness we’re not in WDW with free dining! We’d miss so many ADRs no doubt! Sometimes DLRPs more laid back style is a bonus – I couldn’t cope with WDW planning this year!

So with that in mind I have one aim for the holiday – for us all to have a nice time. Whatever that entails I don’t mind, I just want us to have fun together, which we generally do anyway so hopefully it won’t be too difficult a task.

That being said I of course have things I’d like us all to do. And they have been divided into two categories [1] Would rather not miss and [2] Would be nice if we could – I hope we can do/see everything in category [1] and most in category [2] and anything else is a big bonus, but I’d rather it was stress free, and we’ll be back plenty, so I’m not going to push Aibee just to tick things off the list.

So now I’ve over explained it I’m sure you can’t wait hear all about category [1]

Would rather not miss:

Parc Disneyland

• Magic on Parade – hoping to see this on our first day, I think it will blow her mind. We’ve watched parades on YouTube and she waves and shouts at the characters.
  • Swing into Spring Shows - need to wait until March to get a full idea of what they are about, but as Mary Poppins in rumoured to be involved they are high on the list for our little Poppins fan.
  • Meet Rapunzel – while I don’t fancy an indoor wait for the princess pavilion with a toddler, a will happily queue outside and let Jack pass Aibee over the fence at the last minute so she can meet her favourite Princess.
  • Meet Mickey
  • It’s A Small World – my plan is for this to be her first ever Disney ride. We sing the song. A LOT.
  • Peter Pan
  • Casey Jnr
  • Storybook Boats
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (as much for the Buzz in the queue as the ride)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Walt Disney Studios

• Ratatoille (we're planning on using our DLH FPs here)
  • Animagique.
  • Flying Carpets (would be in category 2 of Dumbo wasn't closed during our trip!)
  • Disney Junior Live on Stage
  • Stars and Cars

As you can see it's pretty comprehensive anyway.

But here's category 2:

Would be nice if we could

• Watch Dreams - I know Aibee will love it. She was a big fireworks fan last November. But if she's too exhausted we don't want to push her. There are plenty more years. Also we could take it in turns to sneak out the DLH one parent per night if either of us really want to see it.
  • Snow White & Pinocchio Rides - I find them both a little scary so will see how she goes on the other dark rides first.
  • Railroad
  • Steam Boats
  • Big Thunder Mountain (see what waits are like and if it's short then maybe do baby swap)
  • Stitch Live - not sure how she'll be about this. But if the timing suits I'm sure we'll pop in.
  • Slinky Dog
  • Tower of Terror (again hopefully it'll be a short wait and we can baby swap)
    Up next. Food plans.

Ooh that is a good, strategic plan. I would recommend the rail road if you have tired feet, there is so much for Aibee to see and you get to relax for a few minutes. Looking forward to hearing about your meal plans :)

What a gorgeous little lady :flower1:

Does Miss Aibee have some princess dresses packed for the occasion?

How lucky you guys are to be seeing the park through little eyes. Its magical. Hope you have a super trip and your VIP FP could make for a few turns on ToT. We found them handy for Ratatouille aswell as it was kinda mad busy back in November. Any thoughts on dining?

Ooh that is a good, strategic plan. I would recommend the rail road if you have tired feet, there is so much for Aibee to see and you get to relax for a few minutes. Looking forward to hearing about your meal plans :)

Thanks so much for reading and your lovely comments.

Yes we have some dresses! (Will be in future posts) And don't get too excited for our meal plans, there aren't many. ;)

Last edited:
following along!
sounds like you have it well planned! will Aibee nap in the buggy?

If she's tired enough then hopefully. We're going to take our big comfy one rather than the cheapy.

Hoping that's maybe when we can sneak in some grown up rides. Only time will tell!

I'm in too , great looking plans and super cute little lady there :)
Thanks so much for reading.

Think maybe I've started a bit early but oh well. It's our only Disney trip this year so I might as well enjoy it.

Thanks so much for reading and your lovely comments.

Yes we have some dresses! (Will be in future posts) And don't get too excited for our meal plans, there aren't many. ;)

Lol same story, too many meal options, too little time looking forward to hearing all about your plans

Yay I love your TRs Tors, can't wait to hear about all your plans. You will love Swing into Spring, so glad they're doing it again this year :lovestruc

I'm following along Torsie and looking forward to reading more. Your daughter is gorgeous. :goodvibes

Yay I love your TRs Tors, can't wait to hear about all your plans. You will love Swing into Spring, so glad they're doing it again this year :lovestruc

I'm following along Torsie and looking forward to reading more. Your daughter is gorgeous. :goodvibes

Thanks so much ladies.

If she fancies it later (which she pretty much always does!) we might do a bit of a princess dress fashion show so I can show you all.

Food plans....

This is going to be a rather short post!

I've booked 2 ADRs on a just in case basis.

Both for Inventions, the first on arrival day at 6pm, and the second for lunch the following day at 2.30pm.

split_956x319.jpg

I figure that gives us a good chance of having a character meal, of course which one we make will all depend on naps etc. But don't worry, I'll make sure to let them know which one we're not going to.

I also heard a rumour that guests at the DLH can sometimes upgrade breakfast for E35 per person to have it up in the Castle Club lounge, so I am definitely going to enquire and we'll do that if they let us!

view-of-inventions-restaurant.jpg

Other than that meal plans are very loose. Earl of Sandwich is a must, and I have a 20% off for Planet Hollywood and there's plenty on the menu that Aibee would be happy to share with us, so we may well have an evening meal there.

eos-sandwich.jpg

I'm going to take lots of snacks for Aibee, bananas, rice cakes, cereal bars etc. As I am not sure if a whole lot of eating will happen when Mickey Mouse is about!

We also really like Cae Fantasia, so maybe a chilled out lunch there one day would be nice, who knows.

Sounds like a wonderful first trip for Aibee :)- I'm looking forward to the TR!

Here's wishing for some magical moments for you all - pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Thanks for reading.

I'm sure it will be very magical. Jack had the day off work on Wednesday so we all went to Bluewater for a Five Guys and some retail therapy.

We went into the Disney Store and Aibee was in heaven! DLRP is going to blow her mind!

No princess fashion show as yet as we haven't had time. But we are continuing the Disney brainwashing.

We (Santa) got her some Fisher Price Little People Disney play sets (Main Street and Castle) and they are by far her favourite toys, plays with them everyday!

Lovely.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter