A Post Open-Heart Surgery/Anniversary Trip Report!!! Updated 5/30 PTR started!!

Wow! Gorgeous room view! That's about as good as it gets. I am looking forward to trying Beaches and Cream this spring. Very cute picture of you two, even soaking wet.

Holy cow! Your room view was gorgeous! Did you just love looking out at it? I would've.:thumbsup2 And your room was ready too? Awesome! I tried to do the online check-in at 10 days out and then everyday leading up to our trip but it wouldn't let me complete it.:headache:

I laughed when I read your description about the toilet being so close to the stupid door! It was the same in our GF room too! Why is that? Do they just anticipate people not wanting to ever shut the door? Weird.

I really want to try out Beaches & Cream sometime too. It looks so cute in there! Glad you beat the lunch rush too.

Bummer about the rain! We had a little bit of rain on our trip so we bought ponchos. It stopped raining about 2 seconds after we put them on!:sad2: I hope that your rain wasn't a deluge! Regardless, you and Wingnut looked adorable, even if you were soaked through!

Great update!:thumbsup2

Oh my gracious what a beautiful view!

We celebrated our anniversary at WDW before too and loved getting all of the "Happy Anniversary" wishes.

I hope that the rain doesn't last too terribly long.

I'm in. You guys are adorable! Can't wait to hear more. And here's hoping that you don't get rained out. I hate when that happens!

Welcome!! Aww thank you! :goodvibes Rain at Disney is pretty annoying, but never totally unanticipated :laughing:

Enjoyng your report so far, can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Welcome, thank you!! :)

Wow! Gorgeous room view! That's about as good as it gets. I am looking forward to trying Beaches and Cream this spring. Very cute picture of you two, even soaking wet.

Thank you!! :laughing: DBF's shoes got so soaked that day they didn't dry for the rest of our trip (5 nights!). B&C is definitely a great place to visit, the decor is adorable, and the food is really good too! :thumbsup2

Holy cow! Your room view was gorgeous! Did you just love looking out at it? I would've.:thumbsup2 And your room was ready too? Awesome! I tried to do the online check-in at 10 days out and then everyday leading up to our trip but it wouldn't let me complete it.:headache:

I laughed when I read your description about the toilet being so close to the stupid door! It was the same in our GF room too! Why is that? Do they just anticipate people not wanting to ever shut the door? Weird.

I really want to try out Beaches & Cream sometime too. It looks so cute in there! Glad you beat the lunch rush too.

Bummer about the rain! We had a little bit of rain on our trip so we bought ponchos. It stopped raining about 2 seconds after we put them on!:sad2: I hope that your rain wasn't a deluge! Regardless, you and Wingnut looked adorable, even if you were soaked through!

Great update!:thumbsup2

We LOVED our view! I so enjoyed just relaxing on the balcony watching the boats come and go. It was such a great treat! Online check-in was a bit of a pain for me too...I had to switch the browser I was using (Safari as opposed to Firefox) - could that have been the problem?

THE BATHROOM WAS SO WEIRD!!! Seriously, every time I went in there, I'd be like "THIS IS SO STRANGE!!" (Thankfully, DBF is pretty used to me by now :laughing:). I mean, it didn't really affect me beyond my having to step all the way into the bathroom to close the door, but you'd think they'd allow a smidgen more clearance. Strange to hear that's the situation over at GF too.

Beaches&Cream = :love:. It truly is such a cute little gem of a place.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that all that needs to happen for it to stop raining in Disney is for me to buy a poncho. :rotfl: However, I am perfectly okay with spending $8 for it to stop raining. Makes me feel a teensy bit powerful too...my shopping controls the weather!!! :laughing:

Oh my gracious what a beautiful view!

We celebrated our anniversary at WDW before too and loved getting all of the "Happy Anniversary" wishes.

I hope that the rain doesn't last too terribly long.

It truly was above and beyond what I had hoped for. The anniversary wishes were so fun! I loved giving and receiving all of those good vibes! :goodvibes

Now full, Wingnut and I started to make our way to Epcot. I had wandered around online about wheelchair renting info, and felt about 39% confident in my abilities.

(Which is about 5% more confident than I usually am using self-checkout at the grocery store ("what kind of apple is this???".)

We strode into Epcot using the International Gateway, or "The Place With The Wonderful Area Music." I'm serious, check it out.

After entering, we took a hard left to the wheelchair and stroller rental area. I semi-confidently strode up to the CM.

"Hi, I'd like to rent a..."

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!" the CM cried out excitedly, "there's a phone call for you!"

I had known there were phone calls for birthdays, but the anniversary calls had slipped my mind. Wingnut was unaware of the phone calls (as far as I know, anyways), but didn't seem too phased when Mickey and Minnie began singing, giggling, and congratulating us from the phone the CM held between our ears. It was a very sweet touch, and a fun way to enter our first park of the trip :wizard:

"How many years???" the CM then asked, gesturing to our buttons. We told him three, and he grabbed a marker and put a giant "3 YRS" on each of our buttons. We thanked him, and then swiftly and easily rented the wheelchair. I decided to go with the length-of-stay rental, which saved maybe $10. With this, I received my receipt (forgetting "i before e except after c" on both those words :headache:) with a length of tickets for each day's rental stapled on. This was a quick and easy process each day after.

(And yes, when I filled out my nametag, I did add Mickey ears above the "o" in my name. :earsgirl: I got an eye roll from Wingnut on that one.)

And we're off! And thus began my ever-constant questioning of Wingnut:

"Are you okay? Is this okay? Are you sure you're okay with this? I'm sorry."

(Okay, so that last one wasn't really a question.)

But I really did feel awful about Wingnut pushing me around in a wheelchair. But it was a necessary solution, and I knew that. And Wingnut had been the one insisting I get the wheelchair and he push me from the beginning (I had originally toyed with the idea of the ECV, but he kiboshed that pretty instantly ("It's 5x more the price, difficult to drive, and you're going to keep running into me.)

True on all accounts. Touche, Wingnut. You win this round.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I promise I'm fine." was the responding chorus from behind me.

As you can see, Epcot still had a few lingering ponchos, but the rain had slowed to an occasional sprinkle. And I didn't even have to buy a poncho for it to stop! :thumbsup2

Taken while rolling, hence, slightly askew and smattered with poncho.

Things I learned: Wingnut will stop for a topiary. Particularly one that's in the shape of Donald Duck.

I snuck in Goofy while I was at it.

We toyed with the idea of going to Future World, but decided to save that for when we'd go to Epcot in the morning to maximize ride potential (can't risk a long line on Figment!). We proceeded around the WS, stopping into countries as we went.

Not sure why I took this, but it's in Mexico.

Norway.

Tomb Warriors in China. I could say I was being unique by taking a picture from the back, but really my pictures from the front turned out incorrigibly blurry.

A bit of pavilion ambiance. Tungsten filter, I have no idea who invited you.

The skies, they were gloomy that day.

Server Amusant. (The vertical aspects of the show make it a bit easier to see while in a wheelchair in a crowd.)

While I'm on the topic...

Epcot While In A Wheelchair (passenger's perspective):

Pros: Generally wider pathways, easy to see the surroundings. Lots of nooks and crannies to park in. Easy to know where to go (pretty simple layout of the park).
Cons: A couple of hills (leading to the Land, from the International Gateway). Lots of stores and pavilions to go into, which meant lots of in and out of the chair.

(Driver's (or as Wingnut puts it, Professional Wheeled Sitting Apparatus Operator) perspective)

Pros: For the most part, the park was very easily navigated. Queue's easily accommodated the chair width.
Cons: None

Back to World Showcase! He's waving.

I'm not. Sorry.

As it started to get dark, we doubled back (wait, did that already), and headed back to Mexico, where we had ADR's at La Hacienda de San Angel.

Thank you for the lovely pictorial tour of the World showcase. You got some really great pictures! Glad things worked out with the wheelchair. I have to agree with you on the ECV - they look rather awkward to drive and I am sure I would be running over people left and right.

Thank you for posting the Epcot music loops. I should have known they existed on youtube. Everything does!

Great update!

Awesome update Stringbean!:goodvibes And kudos to Wingnut for lovingly pushing you around the WS. So sweet!:goodvibes You guys are adorable.

I'm glad the wheelchair renting process went smoothly for you too. How sweet to have had an anniversary phone call!

You got some great shots of the countries. Cute pic of you in Morocco too, nice converses, are they pink?
5451795467_d9a43da6c6.jpg

Looks like you had a wonderful little tour around WS. I can't wait to hear about your meal at La Hacienda! We're anxious to try it out!:goodvibes

Thank you for the lovely pictorial tour of the World showcase. You got some really great pictures! Glad things worked out with the wheelchair. I have to agree with you on the ECV - they look rather awkward to drive and I am sure I would be running over people left and right.

Thank you for posting the Epcot music loops. I should have known they existed on youtube. Everything does!

Great update!

Thanks! :goodvibes The ECV's really do look difficult to drive. Thankfully DBF was very set against putting me at the helm of one. (He likes his ankles intact) The wheelchairs were very basic, but did the job well.

I love listening to the WDW area music on YouTube. It's such a nice way to get back into the Disney mood, plus it really makes you notice the music details when you're back there!!

Awesome update Stringbean!:goodvibes And kudos to Wingnut for lovingly pushing you around the WS. So sweet!:goodvibes You guys are adorable.

I'm glad the wheelchair renting process went smoothly for you too. How sweet to have had an anniversary phone call!

You got some great shots of the countries. Cute pic of you in Morocco too, nice converses, are they pink?
5451795467_d9a43da6c6.jpg

Looks like you had a wonderful little tour around WS. I can't wait to hear about your meal at La Hacienda! We're anxious to try it out!:goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes He was incredibly sweet to wheel me around the parks - it definitely isn't an easy job! Getting the wheelchair was very easy, no questions asked, always had a chair available whenever we went to the rental station.

:laughing: yay converses!! They are pink (light pink), I also have them in black, red, brown and pink, and in a peace sign pattern. Oh and converse sandals (SO comfy). I love those shoes :thumbsup2

(Props to anyone who gets the reference above :thumbsup2)

So by the time Wingnut and I rolled up to La Hacienda for our reservation, we were a mere 2 hours early. (Our reservation was for 8-something, but we were both getting a bit tired, having been up since 4 that morning.)

The hostess had no problem seating us right away, and we were led into the waiting area inside, where we waited for around 2.4 seconds.

Dinner at La Hacienda

Fully full, I returned to the chair waiting outside, and Wingnut began to take us out of Epcot (via Canada-way).

What the Epcot christmas tree looks like when your boyfriend is at the transportation helm.

We soon arrived back at the YC, and decided to stop at the store to get some waters and snacks for the room. Wingnut ran back to the room for I forget why, and I sat in the lobby and waited for him. While he was gone, I decided to take pictures of the staircase that had already charmed me so, and would continue to for the next few days.

I then laid in wait for when Wingnut would return.

We then headed off to the shop, picked up some waters and some graham crackers, and returned to the room.

I then switched the channel to Stacey, 'cause it's mandatory.

To come: Tonga Toast, and we're walkin'/wheelin' right down the slightly-to-the-right of Main Street USA! :yay:

Good morning,

good morning,

to you and you and you!

Really, it's very difficult to wake up in Disney and not be pretty chipper. :yay:

Wingnut and I listened to Stitch and Mickey "NO SLEEPING!" "Okay!", and began to get ready for our day. We had known while still at home (thank goodness) that it was going to be exceptionally cold this week here in FL, so we did pack accordingly (as much as I hated bringing a coat to Disney, it was just entirely necessary.) Long sleeves. Gloves. Coats. And smiles. You're never fully dressed without those, you know :thumbsup2.

Oh, and anniversary pins. I was loving those already "Pin it somewhere visible!"

This picture came out kinda dark, but it does show the details of the headboard of the bed. Nautical!

Today's plan had us first venturing to the Poly for breakfast at Kona. I had talked up Tonga Toast to Wingnut for months before we went, he was very intrigued by the fried aspect. I just hoped it lived up to expectations. Me, I had my eye on the Macadamia Pineapple pancakes - I loooove pancakes. :love:

Wingnut and I made our way to the bus stop, where we waited briefly for a bus to the MK (odd fact: every morning that we used the bus stop, it was usually around 7:15 or 7:30, and we were always TOTALLY ALONE there. Seriously, not even a meandering other guest going to a different park. We always had the bus to ourselves until the Beach Club, and on occasion, until the Boardwalk.)

Anyways.

We got out at the MK, and as it was unfortunately still a tad too early for the boats to be running (8 am, boo), we hopped on the monorail (Yes we did sing this every time were in the vicinity of the monorail) and rode allll the way around to the Poly. Well, until we were stopped at the TTC for about 10 minutes for an unknown reason that kept the doors open and the frigid air a'blowin about the cabin (car?).

Soon enough, we pulled up at the Polynesian, and went straight over to Kona Cafe. I was very excited for my Wingnut to have his first taste of sugary fried banana-stuffed dough. It was like a Disney rite of passage. Or it was breakfast. Could it be both?

Let's see what Wingnut thought...

Well, phew.

Random Polynesian shot:

So as I totally spoilered in the dining review, Wingnut and I actually did get to MK just in time for the opening show, which I had entirely not planned on! It was really cute and fun to see, but it was a bit stressful, as the area was crowded with people just staring at the train station, and Wingnut and I had no idea where we needed to go to rent the wheelchair. So we were kinda stuck in the crowd until the show started and finished (which I didn't really mind), but then I realized that we had come in on the far left, and the stroller/wheelchair/ECV rental area is ALLLLLLL the way on the right.

Whoopsie. :headache:

We made our way through the crowd, which was surging forward, and we were making our way sideways. Lesson learned, rope drops are a bit chaotic when in need of rentals. We didn't make any others for the rest of the week.

Wheelchair in hand (well, in Wingnut's - in my case it was Stringbean in wheelchair), we started making our way towards the castle, rolling along down Main Street, when all of a sudden OH HI HORSE SUDDENLY RIGHT NEXT TO ME...

He's beating us, roll faster Wingnut!

Oh well.

I spy a castle!

Closer

Slightly closer

Starting to hang a left at Adventureland

Hmm, where should we go first???

Really enjoying your trip report. Having never been to WDW in cold weather, I can't imagine wearing a coat while there.

Hope you are feeling well.

Beautiful early morning shots.

Brrrhhhhh....to the coat and gloves!

I started reading your dining reviews and "yum".

I can't believe you guys had time to eat at Kona and make it for the opening show. Strong work! :worship:

Ooooh, great updates! Your early morning shots are fantastic! Sunrises are always beautiful but a sunrise at Disney, ahhhh!:thumbsup2

Don't you just LOVE Kona Cafe for breakfast? I do! It's so delicious and I love those macadamia nut pancakes. But you're right, they're loaded with nuts so you fill up fast. I can't stomach the Tonga Toast at all, to me it's sickingly sweet. But DH thinks it's fab. And I agree, that Polynesian juice is amazing!

Bummer that you were on the wrong side for your wheelchair rental.:headache: At least you got to see the opening show though, right? We saw it for the first time this past trip and loved it!

Awesome shots leading up to the castle too.:thumbsup2 Hmm, let's see, you hung a left into Adventureland, yes? I say you went on Pirates first then!

Really enjoying your trip report. Having never been to WDW in cold weather, I can't imagine wearing a coat while there.

Hope you are feeling well.

Thank you!!! :goodvibes I am feeling well, getting closer and closer to feeling like my old self again! :cool1:

It was actually a bit strange being so cold in Disney!! Like, a small part of me was longing to be hot and wanting ice cream...no frozen confections for us in the parks this week!

Beautiful early morning shots.

Brrrhhhhh....to the coat and gloves!

I started reading your dining reviews and "yum".

I can't believe you guys had time to eat at Kona and make it for the opening show. Strong work! :worship:

Thank you!! I loved throwing back the curtain every morning to look at the sunrise! (And yes, I would go out on our balcony in the freezing cold - coat over the PJ's style! :laughing:)

The weather was a bit excessively cold during the first part of our trip - it was pretty much the same temperature as it was at home in the Northeast!

I had never even anticipated we would be able to see the morning show, which I had really wanted to! It didn't even occur to me until we were on the monorail, like "hey it's 2 minutes to rope drop!!" :woohoo:

Ooooh, great updates! Your early morning shots are fantastic! Sunrises are always beautiful but a sunrise at Disney, ahhhh!:thumbsup2

Don't you just LOVE Kona Cafe for breakfast? I do! It's so delicious and I love those macadamia nut pancakes. But you're right, they're loaded with nuts so you fill up fast. I can't stomach the Tonga Toast at all, to me it's sickingly sweet. But DH thinks it's fab. And I agree, that Polynesian juice is amazing!

Bummer that you were on the wrong side for your wheelchair rental.:headache: At least you got to see the opening show though, right? We saw it for the first time this past trip and loved it!

Awesome shots leading up to the castle too.:thumbsup2 Hmm, let's see, you hung a left into Adventureland, yes? I say you went on Pirates first then!

Thank you!!! Oh how I loved seeing the sunrise each morning! It was such a nice way to start the day!

I love love love Kona for breakfast :love:! It is definitely in my top places in Disney for breakfast! Oh my goodness those pancakes were RIDICULOUSLY filling! I was seriously stuffed, and barely made a dent! DBF loooooved the Tonga Toast (as I knew he would). I can't touch it because of the cinnamon allergy, but I'm pretty sure that would put a nice jump start to my morning! :laughing:

The opening show is very cute! It was very crowded, so I didn't even bother to take out my camera, plus I knew we had to venture eastward to the rentals!

And Pirates was on our visited-attractions list (second, actually)...but we did go on a cruise before that....:boat:

...well, six now. Sorry ToonTown.

Wingnut and I made our way over the bridge into Adventureland, and I immediately started doing a little dance to the music. How can you not dance to this? I am right now. :banana:

Entering Adventureland, we first came across the Jungle Cruise (is there a "the" in front of Jungle Cruise? Is that like saying "we went to the it's a small world"?) Wingnut had never ridden this, and I knew that the humor was right up his alley, so we made our way down towards the line-less docks.

"Come on, the boat's about to leave!" the CM's led us straight through the queue and towards a full boat, 2 seats left.

Our captain joked as we boarded "awww look, these two are going on a cruise for their anniversary! They're late because she was looking for her sunglasses." (on top of my head, where they usually rest.) We laughed and took our seats, then went on our journey.

I was right, Wingnut really enjoyed Jungle Cruise! We laughed along with the corny jokes, oohed and ahhed at the backside of water, and yes, I did duck at the elephant. Ugh, I always do that. :sad2: There's always one...

After our anniversary cruise, Wingnut and I, as 3prettyprincesses called it, went to the Caribbean. pirate: When we were walking up, we saw a bunch of people going towards the left, and the CM there reminded everyone to use both tunnels. We veered off to the right, and ended up having a boat to ourselves! (It was a bit strange going off in our own boat, especially since there was a line on the other side of the loading dock!)

We wants the redhead! (And better non-flash motion photography skills!)

Mad skills. I've got them. Obviously.

After leaving Pirates, we meandered through Frontierland, peeking in a couple of the shops. (It amused me when Wingnut parked my wheelchair by the hitchin' post - sadly, no picture)

We then went to Liberty Square, where one of our most-favoritest rides also had pretty much no wait, the Haunted Mansion.

Earlier this past summer, I had heard rumor of the hanged man in the stretching room. I was determined to see it for myself (even though I knew I would subsequently be totally freaked out).

"Look up. Don't forget to look up." I said to Wingnut.

He knew, he knew.

The room stretched (or was it our imagination???), the lights flashed, the woman screamed, and we looked up....

...(suspense)...

"OH MY GOD IT IS THERE!!!" I yelped.

It's quick, but it's there, right after the lightening, at the top of the ceiling. I suppose he didn't want to go on Master Gracey's way out of the mansion. Kind of freaky, but a cool thing we had missed earlier.

The ride was awesome as usual (I have to say, I love the redo on this ride, however, I am disappointed that I never got to find the abandoned engagement ring. Too bad they took that out.)

From here, we paused in the kitchenware store on the corner between Liberty Square and Fantasyland, then made our way up into Fantasyland. We decided here that it would probably be best to leave the wheelchair in stroller parking, since everything here is so close together anyways, and we didn't plan to take the wheelchair onto any of these rides, as it was still early and I was still spunky.

I'd say that now is a pretty good time for our second installment of "...While in a Wheelchair," Magic Kingdom edition.

Passenger's perspective:

Pros: Very easy layout.
Cons: Parking the wheelchair became difficult at points, stroller parking gets very crowded and cramped. Train tracks were an unfortunate obstacle.

Professional Wheeled Sitting Apparatus Operator's perspective:

Pros: Chair enabled you to sit between the lands/attractions.
Cons: Train tracks and people cutting in front of us and slowing down in front us made it the second worst park to be in. Other parks seemed to have better structure for stroller/chair parking.

The train tracks. We'll get to those...

For now, we left the chair in stroller parking on the far end of Fantasyland (which wasn't too busy...yet...) and I told Wingnut I wanted to try to get on Peter Pan's Flight, but we'd probably need FastPasses. The wait was already up to around 40 or so minutes, so we grabbed FP's, got the super surprise bonus FP for Philharmagic (does anyone actually ever use these?), and were on our way.

Speaking of Philharmagic, why not? We went on that, great as always (love the little arms reaching towards the gems).

After Philharmagic, we went on it's a small world, which would have been more enjoyable if the woman in front of us wasn't taking flash photos angled right towards my eye the entire time. :mad:

Continuing to kill time until our FP's had matured, we meandered further into Fantasyland.

Wingnut got a phone call at this point, so I amused myself further with the tilework.

Making our way back towards Peter Pan's Flight.

Lingering in the area until that exact minute, we then stepped up towards the ride. While we were on the line, I noticed the person in front of me fumbling in their bag, eventually producing a big giant camera.

I have no problem with picture taking. I take lots of pictures. However, I pretty much never use my flash, and would never ever do so on a ride or in a restaurant. I hoped this woman would do the same.

We stepped into our...um...boats? Boats, right? And soon we were flying around over London.

And it was a bit difficult for me to ignore the fairly continuous lightening storm that had suddenly struck the ride, seemingly centralized around the boat in front of us. Blah. At least I wasn't being blinded, just mildly irritated.

I asked Wingnut what he thought, and he enjoyed the models of the city, but did not consider it a ride worth waiting in line for. I agreed, "hence, the FP's!".

Moving right along...

We did not ride Dumbo. Wingnut has an aversion to spinning rides, and I have an aversion to a motion-sick boyfriend. Love you. :hug:

Instead, we went for a spin (ha) on the TTC. I love this ride. I asked Wingnut to take a picture of me

Thanks honey. :rolleyes1

Hey look, there's our chair!

I have no idea how many pictures I'm up to, so continued after I go get a cookie...

Wingnut and I then swung by the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, which always amuses us. It was at this point I began to really wish we had brought the wheelchair into the queue with us. I was starting to get a bit tired from the walking from this morning, and was less than cheerful during the pre-show (why is the floor angled like that? It's even more difficult for tired legs!). The show made us laugh, as usual, and I went straight for the chair after the doors let out.

Earlier that morning, we had passed by Columbia Harbour House, which I had been interested in eating at. However, after we finally found the entrance (does anyone else have that issue or is it just us?), we found a bit more of a line than we would have liked to wait on (particularly since we weren't especially hungry), so we went on.

It was mid-day now, and I was starting to get a little bit hungry. I knew that we had dinner at Jiko ahead of us that night, so we should eat light to maximize hunger potential for the delicious dinner ahead of us. It's all about the planning, folks.

A light lunch at the MK...

After our lunch, Wingnut and I were ready to start making our way back to the room to rest. However, I spotted one more thing we had to do...

Photopass!

Our first pictures added to the card, Wingnut and I made our way back down the increasingly crowded Main Street. We were on the Casey's side of the street, and remembered that we needed to get back over to the rental side. The train tracks made crossing the street a bit challenging. We almost made it, but then the wheel or other thingamajig got stuck in the track, and the chair tipped forward slightly. I hopped out of the chair to avoid falling, to a slew of dirty-ish looks around us (it wasn't like I grabbed the chair, then picked it up over my head in an amazing feat of strength).

Anyways.

I got back into the chair, and we rolled the rest of the way out of the MK, then dropped off the chair, and got a bus back to the Yacht Club.

Fun update. Nice pics. I love the pictures of the tiles at the MK. They are so pretty. I fine that tile work just fascinating.

Boo to the flash photography. I will admit that the only ride I have taken flash photography on is Spaceship earth because you are so far apart from the car ahead and behind you. Plus I did it to find the hidden writing on the cave wall.

It's impossible to get a non flash picture in pirates and in Peter Pan. At least for me. I get nothing.

I love your PP pics. They turned out really good.

Thanks for the adventureland music. I love JC. It cracks me up every time!

Great update and even greater pics! The photopass ones of you and Wingnut are so cute!

It's sad about Toontown. We made it a point to stop there this past trip for a nice long visit since I knew it'd be leaving.

Ahhh, I guessed Pirates! Yay!:goodvibes It is nearly impossible to capture a good pic on that ride without flash unless you have a large aperture lens! I've learned that the hard way too, with crappy pics! It's hard because not only is it dark but you're moving as well.:headache:

I love the TTA ride! It's such a classic one, isn't it? I think that pic of you on it is very sweet and look how your hair is blowing! I guess it goes faster than I recalled!

Bummer about the flash on Peter Pan. I actually love that ride! You need to give it another shot without the blinding flash ruining it for you!:laughing:

Looks like a great MK day!:goodvibes

Fun update. Nice pics. I love the pictures of the tiles at the MK. They are so pretty. I fine that tile work just fascinating.

Boo to the flash photography. I will admit that the only ride I have taken flash photography on is Spaceship earth because you are so far apart from the car ahead and behind you. Plus I did it to find the hidden writing on the cave wall.

It's impossible to get a non flash picture in pirates and in Peter Pan. At least for me. I get nothing.

I love your PP pics. They turned out really good.

Thanks for the adventureland music. I love JC. It cracks me up every time!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes I adore looking at the tile work, it makes me exceptionally sad that we can no longer walk through the castle! It's seriously just amazing!

Ok...I've always been too scared to take the flash picture in Spaceship Earth...would you mind sharing what the wall says? I've been SO curious!!!

I know it's hard to get non-flash pictures that don't look like blurs on the rides, it just drives me nuts when I'm blinded as a result! :laughing:

Every time I ride JC it always is like it's the first time...I always laugh (and duck!) every time!

Great update and even greater pics! The photopass ones of you and Wingnut are so cute!

It's sad about Toontown. We made it a point to stop there this past trip for a nice long visit since I knew it'd be leaving.

Ahhh, I guessed Pirates! Yay!:goodvibes It is nearly impossible to capture a good pic on that ride without flash unless you have a large aperture lens! I've learned that the hard way too, with crappy pics! It's hard because not only is it dark but you're moving as well.:headache:

I love the TTA ride! It's such a classic one, isn't it? I think that pic of you on it is very sweet and look how your hair is blowing! I guess it goes faster than I recalled!

Bummer about the flash on Peter Pan. I actually love that ride! You need to give it another shot without the blinding flash ruining it for you!:laughing:

Looks like a great MK day!:goodvibes

Thank you!!! These Photopass pics actually are my favorites from the trip, but we did take a few more.

It is sad about ToonTown - I still am surprised that Mickey and Minnie's houses are gone! Where are they going to live? Hopefully Cinderella has a spare room...:laughing:

I love the TTC! It's such a nice relaxing ride! :laughing: Actually, the ride was stopped when that picture was taken! It was just a bit windy that day...

I like Peter Pan as well, I did try to not let the flash bother me, no reason being grumpy in Disney!! :thumbsup2

Ok...I've always been too scared to take the flash picture in Spaceship Earth...would you mind sharing what the wall says? I've been SO curious!!!

Here it is.....

Sept2009-Disney342.jpg

I seriously can't remember exactly where it is. I think its right across from the cavemen scene. You have to take it with a flash! I figured they wouldn't put in there as a hidden scene if they didn't expect someone to take a picture of it. Once I heard it was there, I was on a mission to find it. I turned the flash off for the rest of the ride, I think. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter