A positive view of Jay

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by larworth, Oct 3, 2002.

1. larworth

larworth DIS Veteran

Apr 27, 2000
    As we try to get some insight into the philosophy of the new guy any comments on these observations by Andrea Monti? article In visiting the DLP website from time to time it never struck me as a Disney apologist forum, but seemed fairly balanced. Although, I'm sure some sense of nationalism comes into play.

There is the implication that he at least sees value in doing things in a quality way, and that he really enjoys the park experience.
    Using the domestic parks as the proving ground for new attractions that would later be exported is fine with me. Maybe, this would allow for some higher level of investment than the traditional spreadsheets would support, under the “it’s strategic” banner.

2. PKS44

PKS44 DIS Veteran

Jul 23, 2001
    People keep pointing to this Rasulo quote as if it means he is somewhat against cost cutting...I think that is reading into it..maybe I am too paranoid and jaded at this point but to me it says, "I can't change the terrible economy in the world but MAYBE I can improve our economic lot a little bit by cutting costs and being more efficient." It is a statement in FAVOR of cost cutting as a means of tilting the balance against the fundamental world trend of a bad economy...