A Planning Guide to Goofy's Great Birthday Bash!

It's good to have you here, Jo. Not long until your next trip now either! Will you be writing another trip report? Are you doing a PTR for it?
Not sure, because most of my trip will involve all the panel I'd better see what they think. Plus I hardly have time to do everything at the moment without a TR to write :rotfl2: A few preTR bits though - Friday morning I'm having breakfast with some DIS friends, Friday pm going to MNSSHP plus going to private party at the Main Street Station. Sat evening at AK for the EE5K and going to after party and Sunday going to Epcot :thumbsup2

Wow great choice with Boardwalk Inn, Goofy will be thrilled :goodvibes

You know I love it when you say that (that I might actually have a child that looks anything like me...they all favor dh so heavily), so KEEP IT UP! ;) I will send your check in the mail. :laughing: Seriously though, I am excited to share another fun trip planning report with you (all).
:lmao::rotfl2: I am so excited for Goof''s birthday bash. I can NOT wait to hear all about it.:banana::banana:

I guessed right! I had a feeling that you would choose the Boardwalk Inn. I think that is a great choice for the trip. :thumbsup2 We never had the chance to visit that area so I'll be interested to see what you think.

I am a tad bit afraid of clowns as well, but the irony is I actually married one. (My husband was a clown for 4 years in the Gamma Phi Circus at Illinois State University) :rotfl2:

Jay! Oh my your boys are handsome. I can't believe how much the Little Prince, er, Buzz has grown!!! I'm so excited about a new trip report... these reports keep me busy while we anxiously await out our time until we head back to the states. First stop will be Disney of course!:laughing:
I know, it's crazy how much kids grow! And he will always be my Little Prince...I just figured he should get a 'real' Disney name too. HA HA HA. So...Buzz Lightyear it is.

I too use trip reports to keep me caught up with my Disney fix in between trips! ;)

We are staying at Pop Century... We stayed there in 2004 and enjoyed it... We stayed at ASMo last year and liked that one too... We were going to stay at AKL this trip but we had to downgrade in order to help out a family member who needed it more than we needed to stay at a deluxe resort... Someday though...
I have never stayed at the Pop before. However, we did have a fun stay at ASMovies. Back when my little Stitch was a lot younger, he was a huge Buzz fan (still is actually) and we stayed at ASMovies for 10 days so that he could 'stay with Buzz and Woody'.

What a great thing you are doing (helping out family). That's a great example for us all! I hope you have an amazing trip!!

I would love the Boardwalk if it weren't for the clown thing. Can't do it at all. But to be that close to Epcot would be great. He is gonna love it. How exciting for you and him. Love it that you are keeping the date a secret. The surprise factor is wonderful.
Ha ha ha, I have a thing with clowns. And I think it's justified, when I was a little girl, a clown threw up on me!! YES, I said threw up ON me! He was doing his 'bit' in the show and I was in the front row and all of a sudden BLECH and YUCK! I did get an elephant ride, a new t-shirt and a great big stuffed elephant out of the deal so it wasn't all bad. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Excellent choice, Jay. I would LOVE to stay there, too. Now I can get a first hand report through you & Goofy. ;)

Barb

p.s. I will PM you with "news" when I hear it. Hugs!
I am hoping to have a wonderful stay there. I hope my little Goof loves his time there!

I just love how you surprise your kids! That is great. I can never be surprised, I always assume something is up :rotfl:
That's another good thing about this type of surprise, you know it's coming...but you don't know where/when/how! ;) I just love to surprise people!

Ohhh!!! The Boardwalk is my dream resort, I'll get there someday. I can't wait to hear all about it!!
The Boardwalk looks beautiful. I am excited that I will have a chance to really explore it! :)

yeah! i've never been there either! can't wait to hear the plans!!
I have never even set foot in any of the EPCOT area resorts! I am looking forward to exploring the entire area! :thumbsup2

Another reader afraid of the clown.:upsidedow I can't imagine being able to keep everything so secret! Love all the resort choices, though, Goofy has good taste.:goodvibes
If you read about my vomit clown incident above you can see that I really am not a huge fan of clowns. :laughing: However, for my little Goofster, I will make myself a fan of the clown slide. :rotfl:

Oh boy~ a resort I've never been too and would love to try! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there. I think it was a great decision to choose the resort that your family hadn't been to before. Now he'll be able to explore a new place that is special just to the two of you!
I hope he loves it. He likes the pictures and is excited to go down the Keister Coaster and see the acts on the Boardwalk. I am very excited myself to get to explore and make the Boardwalk mine and Goofy's 'place'. :cloud9:

I love your trip reports Jay! I've followed each and every one. I was so glad you started this one! I love the birthday trip idea. I would love to do that with my 4 boys, but I don't see that happening, so I will live through yours :) My husband is also not a huge fan of Disney and would prefer to go somewhere else, but I keep winning out!
Wow, another mom of four boys! It's nice to have company! Ha ha.

Maybe you could save up and take each of them when they turn a certain age? My sister is thinking about doing that with her kids and taking them each on their 10th birthday (but starting their trip right before they turn 10 in order to get the child price one last time). ;)

You're awesome! That's all I have to say. Just an awesome mom. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.

(thanks for the link over here, Ginny!)
Ha ha ha, not awesome, just a normal mom who loves to surprise people . I honestly might get more joy out of the surprises than they do. I am so lucky to have a family who lets me plan things for them! :cloud9:

Yay! You started! I am glad you went with the boardwalk since you have not had a chance to stay there! So did all the boys pick WDW for thier trip this year? Are you and Little Prince...Opps Bizz...lol...going on a solo trip too? Can't wait to read more!
YES!! Happily, all three of the older boys did pick WDW for their trips! Yea me! And I am saving a special mom and me trip for our Little Prince, Buzz, for when he is about 5. I figure he should be able to remember such a special sort of trip. Although, I must admit, I am mightily tempted to plan one with him before that too!:laughing:

Boardwalk is on my short list for next summer, so I'm anxious to read along!
I promise to come back with TONS of pictures. I know I won't be able to stop myself from snapping them. :laughing:

Yay - you started a PTR!!

I loved seeing all the recent pictures of the boys, they sure change alot in a short period of time don't they? I just can't get over how much Buzz looks like a little boy instead of an infant, he has definitely lost that baby look.

And your staying at the Boardwalk!!! That is my dream resort, I love the whole area. And being within walking distance to two parks is a big plus too. :thumbsup2 Someday the budget will allow it, but for now I'm excited to get to live vicariously through you!
He is getting to be such a big little guy. In just about six months he will be two years old and that in itself seems impossible!

I am really excited about the two parks so close thing! And I am planning on just grabbing a cab to AK (and debating doing the same thing for MK). I am just not a bus fan on the way there. If we leave when there are not huge long lines, I will happily take a bus back. ;)

Hi Jay! I was so happy to see your link!! You had a hard decision to make with the resorts but what a great choice!! I know you will like the Boardwalk Inn. If the clown gets to be too much there is a quiet pool there also, and it seems to me that there might be another one as well. We just did two of them.
I was sooo amazed to see Buzz standing! He looks so grown up! Very handsome boys.
That was a really hard decision. If I had been chosing for myself, we would have been back at AKL. I am miss AKL! I think I might need to plan a stop in to animal watch/eat while we are down there!

Was the quiet pool nice? We actually liked the quiet pool at the Poly just as much (if not more) than the Volcano pool. It was so serene there and the pool itself was much warmer and less crowded. ;)

joining in for this report...how your little buzz has grown up!!! and I liked seeing the pics of goofy over the years. I can;t believe my little man is 10 months already....just seens like yesterday he was born!!!
Doesn't it blow your mind? In just a few short months you will be the mom of a ONE YEAR OLD!!

Jay, I can't get over how big my little Nugget has gotten!! Just adorable, as are all the boys. And Aladdin, he looks like a real teenager!! YIKES!

I'm so curious as to your plans and surprises! Can't wait!

PS HI DisneyDusted and Barb and Disney Jo!!!! xoxo
That sweet little nugget of yours still has 'nugget feet and legs'. That's what we call them now thanks to you. Ha ha.

Can you believe I am the mom of a toddler and a teen?! What wonderful adventures await us!:scared1::lmao: Really, I am looking forward to watching all of them grow even more!

Hi Heidi, good to see you back on the DIS again :hug::hug::hug:
You are right, Jo, it is GREAT to see Heidi back again! HEIDI, you were most certainly missed! :hug:

Not sure, because most of my trip will involve all the panel I'd better see what they think. Plus I hardly have time to do everything at the moment without a TR to write :rotfl2: A few preTR bits though - Friday morning I'm having breakfast with some DIS friends, Friday pm going to MNSSHP plus going to private party at the Main Street Station. Sat evening at AK for the EE5K and going to after party and Sunday going to Epcot :thumbsup2

Wow great choice with Boardwalk Inn, Goofy will be thrilled :goodvibes
Your trip plans sound like a whole lot of fun (and WOW...you are going back home VERY TIRED I bet). Are you going to dress up for MNSSHP? If you do get a chance to do even a mini trip report of sorts, please do be sure to link us! :)

:lmao::rotfl2: I am so excited for Goof''s birthday bash. I can NOT wait to hear all about it.:banana::banana:
I am going to post about our first day of plans tonight! :) So you wait will not be long!

I guessed right! I had a feeling that you would choose the Boardwalk Inn. I think that is a great choice for the trip. :thumbsup2 We never had the chance to visit that area so I'll be interested to see what you think.

I am a tad bit afraid of clowns as well, but the irony is I actually married one. (My husband was a clown for 4 years in the Gamma Phi Circus at Illinois State University) :rotfl2:
Where is the tag fairy when you need them. "I am a tad bit afraid of clowns as well but the irony is that I actually married one" would be a GREAT tag! ;)

I guess I don't have anything REALLY against clowns per say...as long as they don't have an upset stomach.:lmao: When I was younger, a clown threw up on me. I got a free elepahnt ride, stuffed elephant and a new shirt out of the deal but I still get the heebie jeebies when I think of standing too close to one now. :rotfl2:

Ohhh I definitely think you should plan a special trip for Buzz too....I will meet you there with my little Houdini!!! Hahahahhahahahaha.

Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma
I would love the Boardwalk if it weren't for the clown thing. Can't do it at all. But to be that close to Epcot would be great. He is gonna love it. How exciting for you and him. Love it that you are keeping the date a secret. The surprise factor is wonderful.

Ha ha ha, I have a thing with clowns. And I think it's justified, when I was a little girl, a clown threw up on me!! YES, I said threw up ON me! He was doing his 'bit' in the show and I was in the front row and all of a sudden BLECH and YUCK! I did get an elephant ride, a new t-shirt and a great big stuffed elephant out of the deal so it wasn't all bad.

It is so bizarre about clowns. When I was small I had nightmares every night till I was about 15. I never mentioned to my girls that I didn't like them or anything about the dream. I didn't want to influence them in any way. Sheri told me about 5 years ago that she too dreamed about them till she was 15 or 16. Not any as an adult. We are two peas in a pod for sure. That poor girl.

I am anxiously awaiting what amazing plans you have made for Goofy cause I know they will be awesome.

Ginny

Day 1 The Arrival!

I get really excited when I think of how our first day will unfold. Once again, it will begin with a surprise. Sometime shortly after breakfast (or so we have planned now) we will tell all of the boys that we need to get ready and go. Since we are always on the run, the boys pretty much know to get ready, get in the van and only then start to ask questions. ;)

I will let dh tell Goofy that he is going to Disney World when we pull into the airport. I let dh tell Stitch the morning we left last time as well. I figure if he misses out on being there for most of the fun, the least he deserves is to get to do the surprising parts while we are still here at home. We are hoping to get all the way to the airport and then BAM surprise...off we go! :)

After a few hours of air travel (and one layover) we will finally be in Orlando and I bet those hours will allow the excitement to grow in his little belly. :yay: By the time we finally touch down we will both be beyond ourselves with anticipation (who wouldn't be...WDW is waiting!). For those who didn't read Stitch's trip report, he was greeted at the airport by a chauffeur in full dress uniform holding a bouquet of balloons and a happy birthday sign. Due to the fact that his brother was surprised that way, Goofy has no clue that he might be surprised in the same way. In our family, we have taught the boys that just because one of us gets/does/has something it doesn't mean that each of us is entitled to it. The boys know that I would "never" plan the same surprise twice...which is exactly why I AM going to do that! ;) For Stitch, I booked a Rolls Royce (one of only two in all of central FL) Stretch Limo. And just to be different, I am doing the same thing again. :rotfl: I am going to use the same company again too. The company was Sir Randolph's Classic Transportation/Orlando Limos. Along with many different kinds of limos, they offer sedans, vans and other classic cars. You can find more information about them at http://www.sirrandolphsclassictransp....com/index.htm

I highly recommend using them if you are interested in taking a van, sedan or limo from the airport (or anywhere in the Orlando area). From the first phone contact to the driver they were very professional, courteous and provided great service! *Disclaimer: I am not an employee or owner or anything else of the company, I just loved the service they provided for us.*

Unlike his brother Stitch who ate up the attention it drew, Goofy would be a bit shy about getting balloons at the airport so we are going to forgo those and instead just have his name on a birthday themed sign.

In comparison to Stitch who waved, smiled and even posed for a picture (I have NO idea who those people thought we were...I am still :lmao: over people pointing at us like were were somebody) Goofy sort of hid his face and walked as quickly as possible while shielding himself behind the adults in our group when the Grand One dropped us off at Magic Kingdom last year. He really didn't like being looked at by so many people. He is just much more reserved than his brother (all of them actually), so I am going the more reserved surprise route with him. :flower3: I want him to enjoy his surprise limo trip not want to crawl into the suitcase because of it. :laughing:

So there you have it, surprise #1: :woohoo: Rolls Royce Limo ride from MCO to the Boardwalk! :woohoo: I know he will love this one and I am so excited to see his little face light up!

Upon our arrival at the BWI, Goofy will finally see where he is staying! I hope he looks ecstatic when he sees the final pick I made for his birthday trip. :cool1:

Our first day we are going to do a little bit of exploring and get our bearings at the BWI. Dinner that night? Well, I am VERY excited about that myself. I was able to get us reservations at Kouzzina! I am a food geek, I love watching Food Network and one of my favorite shows there is the Iron Chef shows. Cat Cora was always one of my favorite chefs on the show and now to go and be able to eat in HER restaurant has me really excited. :woohoo: What an opportunity! I am drooling over the thought of her recipes ending up on my plate! The food has been described as traditional Greek classic cuisine. Lots of fresh everything, feta cheese, olive oil, olives, herbs, tomatoes,etc OH YUM! I cannot wait to try it out and to be one of the first ever will make it even more special! :thumbsup2 It really works out in my advantage that Goofy is a little foodie himself! I have no guilt in 'dragging' him there with me cause I know he will enjoy himself just as much as I will!

After dinner we will take a stroll along the boardwalk and then head up to the lounge for a last sweet late night nibble on some of the tidbits they have set out.

I am really excited about day 1! To me, it sounds like such a fun way to start a vacation! :thumbsup2

wow your family is so cute! I love your system, I can't wait to hear more about your plans.

What a perfect first day!! It is exactly the kind of day that your Goof will enjoy. One of my favorite things about reading your reports is how obvious it is that you know your kids well and celebrate them all for their uniqueness. (is that a word? well it is now.)

I think it is wonderful that your husband doesn't have a problem with these surprise trips. I mentioned taking my Mitchell on a solo trip (just the two of us) and DH looked at me like I had grown three heads. He didn't mind letting us go with my parents, but a trip just the two of us was more than he could handle. he's quite protective! Oh well!

Also, I just wanted to ask, are you guys DVC members?

What a perfect first day!! It is exactly the kind of day that your Goof will enjoy. One of my favorite things about reading your reports is how obvious it is that you know your kids well and celebrate them all for their uniqueness. (is that a word? well it is now.)

I TOTALLY agree! :thumbsup2

I am really excited about the two parks so close thing! And I am planning on just grabbing a cab to AK (and debating doing the same thing for MK). I am just not a bus fan on the way there. If we leave when there are not huge long lines, I will happily take a bus back. ;)

I remember you mentioning a few times during your trip with Stitch that you guys took a cab to/from the parks. Can I ask you about what that ran? I'm seriously considering renting a car for our December trip just because it's going to be so crazy busy that waiting on buses might just put me over the edge :laughing: But, being a holiday week there are NO decent rates on car rentals - in fact all of the prices that I've seen are ridiculously high, so DH doesn't want to do it. If it's not too expensive to take a cab I might feel better about not having a car!

What an awesome first day for Goofy. He will so love it. Then Stitch and he can compare whose day was better. I would be anxious to try Cat Cora's place too. That is so good your boys will try most foods. Mine all would. It sure helps as they need to experience new things. Beats being raised on green beans and corn.

Hi Jay, joining in! So far it sounds wonderful. A rolls.....cool! You come up with some very interesting ideas!! :thumbsup2

This sounds like a wonderful way to start a Disney stay!
I hope your dinner will be great, yum! Greek food!
The quiet pool at BW... we were in the BWV, the quiet pool was in the next enclave from the clown pool. It was very peaceful and quiet, no one was really using it so we felt like it was our own private pool. I really think there is another quiet pool closer to the BWI... something to check out.
So good to Heidi on here!!! Hi to you Heidi!!! :wave2:

YAY! I've never made it to one of you PTR's, I've only waited with baited breath to read the actual TRs...this is so cool! I'm going to IN on some of the surprises!

I can't get over how BIG the Little Prince (sorry...Buzz...) is! Your family is just beautiful - I can't wait to hear all about Goofy's Birthday!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter