A Not So Scary Very Merry Wine and Dine Dashing TR *updated 12/27

Hey Karen! :wave2: I've just caught up with your TR, loving it so far!!! I'll try not let this message get too obnoxiously long :laughing:

HEY :wave: so glad you like it!

If this is implying you did MNSSHP AND MVMCP, as well as the Run Disney event, then this sounds like the greatest trip ever! I need to do this one day :thumbsup2

Ye we packed a LOT into this trip! It really was a great time to go, we got lowish crowds particularly at the start and we caught the end of Halloween and the start of the Christmas season. I already want to come back at this time of year!

The exact same thing happened to me when I got a chocolate funnel cake at Epcot! Three different groups of people asked us where we got it from. I wasn't even a fan, but I can tell it's a crowd pleaser!

It wasn't my fave snack by a long shot, I would like a smaller version with ice cream better I think...

I enjoyed your little trip to Typhoon Lagoon, I haven't been there in a few years, but may just try it when I'm there next month. It looks so tropical and peaceful :goodvibes

It was fun but I don't think I would ever do it at the start of a trip again, we were so eager to get to the parks and even though it is a Disney Park it just doesn't FEEL like a real one! Better for mid-way through a trip when you need a break. It's so hard to find time though as I always end up changing my water park days to more park days!

Omg, we had the EXACT same experience towards the end of our trip! We rode it on our first day and thought "yeahhh it was ok." But then we rode it at night and it was SO much more fun. And everyone on our train did the "HEIGH-HOOOO!" - I actually have it on video! It seems like night time is the best time to ride it, maybe everyone is starting to get deliriously tired and silly :thumbsup2

It really does make such a difference! I got proper goosebumps the first time! Oh that's cool that you captured it on video! I'll be keeping up to date with your TR :bitelip:

I've only ever eaten at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast a few times when I was younger, but I have a dinner reservation for my upcoming trip :goodvibes Can I get your opinion on something though..?! I've heard SO many good things about the strawberry soup, BUT - desserts disguised as dinner items really gross me out and put me off... :rotfl: Do you think I should skip it, or at least leave it until the very end of my meal, or does it fit in well with the other dinner items?! I've heard someone describe it as "melted strawberry ice cream", and the thought of having that with, eg. chicken, makes me feel ill...!! That probably all sounds really weird, I'll stop talking now.. :laughing:

We've booked to go back here on our next trip too :cheer2:
I TOTALLY GET YOU! OK so it is a bit of an odd thing and it wasn't what I was expecting. I did like it. It tasted just like a strawberry smoothie maybe slightly creamy. For me I would have it at the end of my dinner or before. Think of drinking a smoothie with your food and when you like it most. I personally don't like to mix drinks like that with dinner food, like if I get a milkshake I'll normally drink it before or after.

Oh boooo! The railroad is going down for refurb part way through our trip this year - what do they do instead?!

They kinda just walked out :confused3
It wasn't great TBH

Is this the Main Street Philharmonic maybe? That's the name I always give them anyway :goodvibes

Yes and I've heard of them but they weren't on mainstreet lol I'm guessing it's one in the same thing! :blush:

LOVE this photo!! Great unique shot.

Thanks! I'm getting some photos printed for my new flat in London, I think this one will be one!

Excited to hear what you thought of Food and Wine fest! It's my first time this year :hyper:

One word. AMAZING. I'll include lots of pics and stuff later and tell you my favourites! I'm so jealous you're going for food & wine it really was so good and I'm definitely coming back for it another time.

All your photos of Chefs de France made me salivate :laughing:

We're going back here too! It amazing value for the lunch set menu too!

It looks sooo pretty! One of the main reasons I'm loving your report is you've already been doing a lot of things that I have planned next month! We're also going back to the California Grill for the first time since the refurb :hyper:

This might make me sound crazy, but I NEED those Contemporary Resort stirrers :laughing: *makes mental note*

You are the BEST for sharing this info!!! THANK YOU. Our reservation is at 6, I was looking forward to getting some sunset pictures, but part of me wanted to push it back to watch the fireworks there instead. So we might just try going back for both, thanks!!! :goodvibes

Oh how exciting!! I LOVED California Grill, we've booked to go TWICE this time! Our first and last night with my parents! It really is fantastic, make sure you try that flatbread it is just SOOOO AMAZING, I never thought I would get so excited about flatbread!

Haha I never would have thought about stirrers at as a memento! **mental note for me too**

Ye I'd never heard anyone mention this before?! It's great that you can go and eat and then come back later on and still use the platform. It can be kind of awkward to time it right as well if you do have a meal in the evening.

Great shot, what camera did you use?? Your pictures are great quality :goodvibes

Ah this was taken by Grumpy... He had a very expensive Cannon ESOS one of the latest ones.

Ahh I've never been! So much to do, so little time...

Aaaaaaaaand I'm looking at reservations. :laughing:

Tuskar House is a great breakfast choice but it's gotten so expensive! I would recommend it though if you've never been. I've had an ADR here for the last 3 visits so this time we decided to give it a miss.

Two dinners! We should definitely be friends :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Done haha :cool1:

Sorry I ended up writing a short novel here, I'm really enjoying your report so far! Looking forward to hearing more :goodvibes

I love these TR's is great reading other people's and getting lots of tips and at least on here everyone is Disney mad too and you can blab and blab and blab about Disney without getting the 'here she goes again' LOOK :rolleyes:

Okay I'm caught up! Just an FYI the DIS seems to hard me today and this is the FOURTH time I've tried to do this comment!!:furious:

So hopeful it will actually let me do it this time!! :laughing:

Oh no!! How Frustrating! THANK YOU FOR PERSEVERING!

Okay I want on of these machines!! Such a cool idea!

Me too!!!!!
You all look so fancy! :cutie:

i+woke+up+like+dis.gif

I think this is the problem with some of the face characters that are, erm, just there for looks! They don't have any personality!

Oh man it was soooooo painful!!!

I've been practicing for next year :rolleyes1

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: Oh my! That little girl! Shouldn't laugh....but can't stop laughing!

Haha I KNOW! Too Funny! :rotfl:

Yay! I love the Cali Grill! :woohoo:

It's a new favourite of ours!

Well...yeah! What else would you do? :drinking1:laughing:

Showing my Irish right there!

Or was he having the BEST day? :rotfl: Sound like he was spot on to me! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Good point! He gave us a laugh anyway!

Like a naked man in a weird plastic upside down cup :rolleyes1
Yeah the food at Planet Hollywood is pretty rubbish :sad2:

I didn't even spot this... SO RANDOM :confused3
I will not be returning!

Okay while the DIS seems to be behaving I'm gonna stop! Before it breaks on me again and I lose my sh....I mean get a little bit annoyed! :rotfl:

It worked though WHOOP :cool1:

Last edited:
20462536410_c423c7da13_b.jpg

Part 3 - Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize

16594080899_4d47613ebf_b.jpg

16754364606_1cfe5fcf06_b.jpg

Blurry Hallowishes photo
16754352966_6c9277af20_b.jpg

I have to admit I was a bad TR lady for this part and didn't try getting many photos... I really just wanted to soak it all up and enjoy the moment. The music for hallowishes is fantastic, absolutely fantastic!! The fireworks are synced so perfectly, I loved it!!

I have the THEME TUNE playing as I write this

Our next stop for the night was the haunted mansion, it was only right to do this ride during the halloween party, they had a photo stop on the way in so we did that first

We really wanted a picture with the hitchhiking ghosts and I thought this was the spot but the CM taking the photos insisted it wasn't but told us we would have an unexpected 'guest' in our photo.

16780052605_ac280f342a_b.jpg

The Haunted Mansion ride was pretty standard, I thought they might have jazzed it up a bit more for
Halloween but I didn't notice any difference.

Next up we wanted a pirate themed photo so it was off to Adventureland with us!

16754268626_3ffb39034c_b.jpg

And of course a picture with the main pirate himself
16572770507_9ffeec1ddb_b.jpg

We had a fun interaction here, we spoke about rum and treasure, his accent was spot on and he did that sort of drunk acting like Jack Sparrow so that was fun too!

He's giving me a bit of a sideways glance in this one
16593898019_3acdcee2bd_b.jpg

We were cutting it tight to get a good spot for the parade so we looped back around to adventureland and find a spot and got a pretty good one right under the shelter facing Tom Sawyer Island.

The Boo to You Parade is brilliant! So fun to sing along! I really love
Halloween and was having so much fun tonight!

16779068451_bf8ba2e1f4_b.jpg

16160269783_b0d082c6de_b.jpg

16780197715_777e1088cf_b.jpg

16779046231_d4c2b20109_b.jpg

The famous gravediggers! These guys were awesome! I loved the
synchronized noises they made as their shovels scraped the ground.
16594029609_edc4e24f3f_b.jpg

LOOK IT'S MY
FAVORITE
16160236733_8046ce5ae6_b.jpg

Look at ME Goofy!!!
16754307406_46fe4cc87d_b.jpg

Aaaaaaah... HIDE..... VILLAINS!!! :eek:
16572883617_bc093c17b3_b.jpg

After the parade we asked a CM about finding the hitchhiking ghosts and he directed us over to a photo spot at Splash Mountain so that was our next stop!

16780044865_3f6cb2b957_b.jpg

16157728434_2b2f7e5106_b.jpg

Yah we finally found them!

There was one final photo I'd been dying to get all night but we'd decided we would wait until the end and hop in the queue right before they closed it off as it's normally a really long one. We hopped in around 11.35 and it was shut off shortly after us.

Any guesses who???

16166709184_724b76e9f5_b.jpg

What's This???

16780122905_b99b716e4c_b.jpg

Such a funny pair!
16778976741_8eb5d9985c_b.jpg

Of course it's Jack and Sally! I was SUPER excited to meet them and they did not disappoint! It was the best character interaction of the whole night, they were so funny!

16592523368_aab12a14f8_b.jpg

One last photo before heading home for the night. There was a bit of a wait for this one too but nowhere near as long as it had been all night.

16778965731_317dc62a70_b.jpg

Doesn't main street look SPOOKY???

Off out the gates we went and hopped on the boat back to the car.

ALL ABOARD
16763150606_9f419eda39_b.jpg

Rachel digging into the candy stash
16602891999_b1fbbaea69_b.jpg

And off to bed we went. Coming up tomorrow we have a pre-park opening reservation at Crystal Palace & a Halloween Horror Night!

Why are pirates called pirates?

Cause they arrrrr. :rolleyes::sail:

20670810122_1ff7ffb51e_o.jpg

Part 1 - It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.

tumblr_lx70fwq4Tw1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

So after our late night in MK last night we decided what better way to start the next morning than to wake up super early and go right back to MK? Hehe ok so this was one of our planning blibs, we booked our Crystal Palace breakfast right at the 180day mark to get an 8.05am slot and only a few months later booked our MNSSHP tickets but hey, I'm not complaining... and neither was Rachel... Grumpy on the other hand o_O
We drove to the parking lot and hopped on the monorail.
Quick glimpse at the Grand Floridian

16601439658_9d57d6dfe9_b.jpg

Off we popped and on route into MK.. Even the sun was fully awake just yet

16787914752_ae41430600_b.jpg

We went over to the left side of the entrance where they were letting people in early that had breakfast reservations. It was so cool walking onto main street and seeing it practically empty! We made the most of it and stopped for a photopass shot

16519071333_b80964cd29_b.jpg

17138676185_a59e872b74_b.jpg

16953041859_d40803cbb9_b.jpg

We continued down towards the castle along the eeeerily quiet mainstreet
16787889851_9fa48bfa86_b.jpg

More photos

16780099135_0f92b3bba8_b.jpg

YAH I'M A PRINCESS AND THIS IS MY CASTLE :D

16754233956_75bedab3d3_b.jpg

And here is my beautiful princess sister

16780094005_0fcf5deeb7_b.jpg

Oh... and Grumpy.. o_O

16160153433_41092172d9_b.jpg

We got some pics on Grumpy's camera too
16864142807_a4724f5618_b.jpg

16451327553_a2efac9a45_b.jpg

HAIR IN MY FACE

17071520875_287c52d9f2_b.jpg

Claiming the castle as our own

16883553828_519007fe2b_b.jpg

Finally it was time to check in for...

16602884229_630e956b74_b.jpg

Actually we were a little late checking in because of our much needed photo-shoot :angelic:
Just in case you didn't see the sign

16789005595_813b7959fb_b.jpg

It really is a pretty sign

16601648950_675356875f_b.jpg

We waited outside for about 5mins and then we were called in! Our server told us that we were one of the first groups that would be visited so we should stay seated as our first guest would be here any minute! We ordered our drinks, I went for orange juice as did Rachel but Grumpy opted for chocolate milk! Turned out the juice had bits so Rachel switched to apple juice (she hates drinks with bits in them).

Last edited:

When you go to Universal there are pretty strict no loose article rules so I didn't bring my camera in order to avoid wasting lots of time queuing for lockers both to put your stuff in and then again to take it back out.

YES. If anyone ever asks for "tips" for touring Universal, all they need to know is, DON'T TAKE A BAG! Ugh it adds SO much time onto everything. I remembered this fact the first day we visited last year, but I forgot the following week and threw a bag together before rushing out, it was such a pain...

we describe Jurassic and Ripsaw as the 'wash' cycle and so we just had to follow it up with the 'spin' cycle on Dueling Dragons.

Oh I love a Stacey reference :lovestruc I got you girl :thumbsup2

You all look amazing!

UGH I love this photo set up so much. But I've never brought myself to wait in that line. How long roughly do you think it actually took? I guess the wait paid off because I love this photo :goodvibes

Also, can we take a second to notice Dopey and Sneezy's faces.... :rotfl:

Omg she's so creepy!! Those hands! EW!

DONALD LOOKS SO PRECIOUS!

The Haunted Mansion ride was pretty standard, I thought they might have jazzed it up a bit more for Halloween but I didn't notice any difference.

I agree, it's a shame they don't. Have you seen what they do at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion from September through January (Haunted Mansion Holiday)?! It's so cool!

The Boo to You Parade is brilliant! So fun to sing along!

This song is in my head, ALL the time. :banana:

After the parade we asked a CM about finding the hitchhiking ghosts and he directed us over to a photo spot at Splash Mountain so that was our next stop!

So cool!! I need to find these this year!

We hopped in around 11.35 and it was shut off shortly after us.

Great idea. No way I'm waiting in that line for the entire party!

HAIR IN MY FACE
17071520875_287c52d9f2_b.jpg

NAILED IT! :rotfl:But seriously, you got some great empty MK pictures :lovestruc

Love this one!

Finally it was time to check in for...
16602884229_630e956b74_b.jpg

Eee my favourite breakfast! Can't wait to hear about it :goodvibes

YES. If anyone ever asks for "tips" for touring Universal, all they need to know is, DON'T TAKE A BAG! Ugh it adds SO much time onto everything. I remembered this fact the first day we visited last year, but I forgot the following week and threw a bag together before rushing out, it was such a pain...

It's SO BAD! I try to stick things in my pockets but they are even quite strict with that now too!

Oh I love a Stacey reference :lovestruc I got you girl :thumbsup2

Haha I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that lol

You all look amazing!

:thanks:

UGH I love this photo set up so much. But I've never brought myself to wait in that line. How long roughly do you think it actually took? I guess the wait paid off because I love this photo :goodvibes

It was a LONG wait! Over an hour, I would actually not recommend going for this first unless you are there earlier than us and you can see it's not too long, we walked by later in the night and I'd say it was only half an hour long. It would be a good one to hop in right before they close the line like we did with Jack and Sally. The interaction wasn't great either but I do love the photo...

Also, can we take a second to notice Dopey and Sneezy's faces.... :rotfl:

Haha I know! I actually just bought a Dopey plush in the Disney store over here, he sits on my locker so I see him every morning with that silly face and it reminds me I need to train for my Dopey Challenge!

I agree, it's a shame they don't. Have you seen what they do at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion from September through January (Haunted Mansion Holiday)?! It's so cool!

Is that Disneyland Paris? I haven't but I plan on being there September next year for the Paris Half Marathon weekend!

NAILED IT! :rotfl:But seriously, you got some great empty MK pictures :lovestruc

Eee my favourite breakfast! Can't wait to hear about it :goodvibes

Ye we've booked another early ADR for here on our next trip! They are my favourite photos! I loved the breakfast too! :tigger:

20686789691_f2960cfe2b_o.jpg

Part 2 – what could be more important than a little something to eat?

giphy.gif

First to our table was Eeyore, a new character for me YAH!
He was a little shy at first
16581718287_63a9e668a1_b.jpg

But soon enough he was posing away
16748637400_efb555ed63_b.jpg

He was soooo soft!!
17045333686_6d57857651_b.jpg

FOOOOOOOOD
16788996515_607cf97ccf_b.jpg

The breakfast was really yummy, had to go for the mickey waffles that's just a given but that bread with the sugar on it was really nice too! You can see we were drinking big glasses of water again, got to keep hydrated!

Next up to our table was Pooh! YAH!!
17070405371_159c8263ee_b.jpg

This is Rachel doing her 'I've been smiling for ages take the photo already' face

16448786024_dc7f2331c6_b.jpg

Pooh has the cutest eyebrows!
17071201415_3eaaf3962c_b.jpg

MORE FOOOOOOOD
16601411998_022648a082_b.jpg

I think that was some sort of crumble with custard, it was so nice!
Grumpy went for a healthier looking plate with egg and fruit
16581704607_d8a12ca759_b.jpg

Oh I think there is someone behind me...
16581701657_d20575aca9_b.jpg

I SEE YOU
16787855031_cb037678e3_b.jpg

The character interaction at breakfast was really nice and relaxed, we never felt rushed like in other places and we could get as many different photos as we liked. I think having an early morning reservation made a difference too!

Me just chilling with my mate Tiger
16886222249_66da0690c6_b.jpg

16884648458_25a4624e97_b.jpg

We were all smiles this morning!
16884656038_040760fe9b_b.jpg

Last but certainly not least! It's Piglet!

16749930629_13a05288e4_b.jpg

16936304045_d4487edd28_b.jpg

Awkward arm alert! o_O
16910355966_cf552b868a_b.jpg

We were so full after breakfast we kinda just sat the table for a while!
16910436786_acc8f0736e_b.jpg

We managed to move eventually, I took a snap of the sign on our way out for anyone that's interested
16166662094_27dd567f3c_b.jpg

Random picture of the pretty flowers right outside

16936000255_6e12e563cb_b.jpg

Last edited:

20686789691_f2960cfe2b_o.jpg

Part 3 - Stop making Boo laugh!

tumblr_mb2i36mx1w1r34qiso1_500.gif

After breakfast we walked/waddled towards futureworld and decided that we probably couldn't stomach anything jerky so the Laughter Lounge was our first ride of the day

16601609670_9a9b7608d2_b.jpg

It was pretty quiet so we took some snaps in the queue while we waited
16166659274_686094aea0_b.jpg

16787866382_a36bc1a63b_b.jpg

16601604490_c97a8b1e1f_b.jpg

After a short wait we were let into the pre-show area and before we knew it...
It's showtime!!
16763096336_c397d3b650_b.jpg

I remember the show was really funny... everytime I see this show I hear funny jokes and think 'oh I better remember that one' but I never do!! :banghead:

We wandered back out towards the Hub and got some more castle photos, you can't really pass by the castle without getting some photos!

Squinty Sun's in my eyes pose, I tried so hard to fight it!

17139097705_3bc0d6be4a_b.jpg

Squinty FAIL
16931767537_31454084db_b.jpg

As we were in the hub the castle show started!
16166652434_1be4ce87be_b.jpg

Well... looks like these guys also have trouble keeping their eyes open for pictures!! :rolleyes:
16602832029_438ac633d5_b.jpg

Grumpy was being a bit.... grumpy (to put it nicely) this morning and wasn't really sure WHY we had stayed really late last night in MK and came back really early today... EM... Ok.... MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S FRICKEN AWESOME o_O

So I put him in the naughty corner
16166641164_8542b2aa7c_b.jpg

(the girl in the blue doesn't look impressed)

Rachel's turn
16602828869_2331f400c3_b.jpg

And then we killed Grumpy...
16787823711_af6be58636_b.jpg

Tehehehehehe

16601587110_e1654a9ddf_b.jpg

Ok so we didn't literally kill him but I can't say I didn't think about it!

Haunted Mansion time!
(this pic just came in our photopass pack but I like it!)
16518859183_fe11936ec4_b.jpg

Aaaaaah scary lights!
16788951555_f630458933_b.jpg

Pics taken with NO FLASH people.. NO FLASH... o_O

16166638774_2da5e13284_b.jpg

MK was really quiet this morning so we enjoyed taking our time wandering around. I wasn't sure what time our lunchtime fastpasses were booked for so I went to check at BOG. 1.30pm - perfect! :D

We were feeling pretty HOT so we grabbed some ice-cream along our travels
16169013463_bac0ca5b06_b.jpg

Then we passed this.. and I immediately regretted not waiting for my snack choice.. I've never had anything from Sleepy Hallow before!

16601580120_f72c2e83d2_b.jpg

16788946555_9d80290bcd_b.jpg

There was a girl designing really pretty sun umbrellas that I really liked but it seemed like they were mainly in kids sizes.. boo :(
16788944175_7757bb31f0_b.jpg

16787838132_032d793e09_b.jpg

Guess where we went next?? :teeth:
16787830702_268fa77618_b.jpg

Our next ride was Jungle Cruise
16313592964_c03ba0a535_b.jpg

Our skipper was really nice and funny!
16787827402_34571b3f81_b.jpg

It had been years since I'd been on jungle cruise and I really enjoyed it! It's definitely a classic!
16728622727_db228b1118_b.jpg

Well this looks painful :eek:
16749726929_aee635da21_b.jpg

16749701919_4e6c0c708b_b.jpg

16728548847_30b0e236cb_b.jpg

Jasmine and Aladin were meeting in the area and with Rachel wearing her crown we just HAD to stop by and say hi!

They noticed Rachel's crown :D
17138623091_b2304c8fdb_b.jpg

17113095686_afa926568f_b.jpg

Last edited:

Part 4 - Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie

We still had about 40mins left before lunch and we had a fastpass for Space Mountain so it was off to futureworld with we went...

16787799181_15633d8e6b_b.jpg

More supernatural meetings in the Space Mountain queue
16166614434_7d444e2418_b.jpg

This face :confused3
16951578528_3676d49307_b.jpg

After our short trip to Space we still had some time to kill so OF COURSE we hopped on the people mover
16748193048_4881c66532_b.jpg

It was a welcomed break from the HEAT and Grumpy let me play with his fancy pants camera which was lots of fun
16935786835_ff1cc90a0b_b.jpg

16315666863_31b33500b3_b.jpg

I know this is blurry but I think it looks cool!
16935663795_2a839de219_b.jpg

16315586213_96c1167c2f_b.jpg

After our ride it was time for lunch at BOG... I had a fantastic time at BOG on our last trip so I was really excited to go back!

We checked in...
16601560560_437855518c_b.jpg

There was a really big line as you can see off to the right of this picture so I was glad we'd gotten fastpasses... ONLY... After we checked in we were told to join the line... EM WHAT???! So all these people in line had been given these little paper fast pass things and they were waiting to enter as well. Now I'm not above queuing with everyone else BUT in having booked a fastpasses we were not expecting to have to queue for ages... FAST pass not SLOW pass... FASTPASS!!!!!! Also... IT WAS SO FRICKEN HOT... LIKE REALLY REALLY REALLY HOT :mad:

The year before when we visited and you just had to queue up to gain entry the queue was about the same length only they gave out water and had umbrellas for shade... this time NOTHING!!! I was a horrible irritated sweaty mess by the time I got inside (about 25mins waiting)... Then waited some more

16935563955_56dd44b9b4_b.jpg

BUT HEY... I was in BOG... It really didn't take long for me to get back into happy I'M IN DISNEY mode...

Especially when the food arrived.... yah for food
16787793571_ec0bb38edc_b.jpg

I went for the turkey sandwich (looks SO GOOD I could eat this right now!)
16581635527_d055ab47ed_b.jpg

Rachel got leek and potato soup
16168984113_483e22fd9e_b.jpg

and Grumpy had the pork
16787812492_e136d1828a_b.jpg

We got the strawberry and cream cheese & masters cupcake as well as a eclair a l'orange...
16749254709_0af730161b_b.jpg

16747807598_41b09472b8_b.jpg

16787814682_1f8ed19ae0_b.jpg

All YUMMY! Although Rachel wasn't fussed on the eclair

We ate in what I think is the Rose Gallary which is the only room I hadn't eaten in before... I think my favourite is the West Wing
16749301049_600a65acec_b.jpg

See all happy again :happy:
16934507611_e1cacb7ee6_b.jpg

Grumpy took this pic... I think he could relate to it! hehe
16935491405_6e950b5f67_b.jpg

16166601114_d6313637b7_b.jpg

Another great meal at Be Our Guest... A firm favourite with us! :D

We were pretty tired at this stage and had a Halloween party to attend that night so we made our way back to All Star Sports for a little rest...

Part 5 - If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all

We wanted to get to Universal early so that we could be in the special area for guests already inside the park and hopefully get into a few houses. I'd been before in 2013 and it was CRAZY busy! Our friends from earlier in the trip were joining us that night and were texting during the day saying how quiet Universal was but we were still prepared for big crowds and that is exactly what we got! We got a taxi from outside the reception at All Stars.. I think it cost about $40

We had a quick ride on Rip Ride Rocket before scanning our tickets and entering the special area secured for anyone with a ticket (it was within the streets were the Blue's Brothers perform) we sat facing The Mummy ride.

The hot house for the night was The Walking Dead but we were informed that it wouldn't be opening right away. When they let us out there was a crazy rush to the two houses in the area which we were told were the only two open. A really RUDE women coming behind us shouted to 'get out of the way or we'd lose our ankles' (she was pushing a man in a wheelchair!!! o_O Really??? o_Oo_O

The reply she got was simply 'or you could just NOT be so bleebin rude' and with that she stormed passed... Some people... NOTHING IS THAT IMPORTANT :hilarious:

Anyway... turned out we should've just went for the walking dead house!! This house took AGES because they didn't let us in for a while and by the time we got out the walking dead had a huge queue.. The house itself was lots of fun... I think it was an Alien vs Predator one... I love scary things... although you wouldn't think so... me and Rachel were arguing over being in the middle (so not the first or last person) :D

Sorry again about the lack of picks but I didn't want to ruin mine or anyone else's experience of the houses.

We didn't want to miss the main attraction so we hopped in line for The Walkind Dead... it was LONG.. like 40mins long
16788910595_d5fc19bbdd_b.jpg

It was pretty cool though and you could recognise scenes from the series

We met our friends and headed towards the back of the park for some more houses.. there were people on the street jumping out at us all the time which was hilarious too!

OMG so scared!!! These drinks were in a special refillable lighty up cup that I still have at home :)
16787803402_498a85ba8d_b.jpg

The queues were CRAZY like 40mins queue for 3mins of house time but at least we were all together and having fun in the queue chatting and drinking...

We did 2 houses in a row and went to do a third but the line was SUPER CRAZY so we decided to go to a show instead...
16601540700_27722128a6_b.jpg

Our show of choice... Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure
16166593704_b5ecacd54b_b.jpg

So the show... it was a funny show that basically made fun of Disney Parks, Frozen, 22 Jump Street and snapchat as well as people like Zac Efron and Megan Fox. Grumpy LOVED IT... He wasn't exactly feeling the same Disney vibe that me and Rachel where and he isn't exactly a Frozen fan so he really enjoyed their rendition of Let Myself Go...

They did a great job of making fun of the magic bands... calling them 'magical tracking bands' which actually turned out to be the villains weapon of choice!

After that we went on The Mummy... and then The Mummy again... and then... I WAS SOOOOO TIRED!! Rachel was too so we decided to split and head home and leave Grumpy with the rest of gang as they hadn't done the Walking Dead house yet.

Home to bed... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Great updates! Your breakfast at Crystal Palace and lunch at Be Our Guest looked SO good. I agree the turkey sandwich at BOG is SO good, I won't try anything different :laughing: Also, the Nutella fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow is amaaazing, oh my life. Make it happen :thumbsup2

Everything I've seen of Halloween Horror Nights looks so terrifying, I can't bring myself to go :laughing: It sounds so funny that they were ripping on Disney though, I always notice little things at Universal that seem like subtle jokes about Disney. And others that are not-so-subtle ;)

DSC03494.jpg

"Wait time: 0:00 minutes" :rotfl: of course :rotfl2:

For some reason I'm getting no notifications right now :sad2: So sorry I'm late again!

We really wanted a picture with the hitchhiking ghosts and I thought this was the spot but the CM taking the photos insisted it wasn't but told us we would have an unexpected 'guest' in our photo.

16780052605_ac280f342a_b.jpg

I love how none of you are quite looking the same way! So cute!
:thumbsup2

The Boo to You Parade is brilliant! So fun to sing along! I really love Halloween and was having so much fun tonight!

I love Halloween, I don't get why we don't do Halloween as much in the UK
:confused3

Love this photo! But why don't they have this by HM??

Such pretty sisters! :cutie: I love your crowns princess:

Just in case you didn't see the sign

What sign? There was a sign? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

There was a girl designing really pretty sun umbrellas that I really liked but it seemed like they were mainly in kids sizes.. boo :(
16788944175_7757bb31f0_b.jpg

16787838132_032d793e09_b.jpg

Those are so pretty!
:cutie:

Guess where we went next?? :teeth:

Hmmmm....errrr.....Harry Potterland??

Oh....that makes more sense!
:rotfl:

I know this is blurry but I think it looks cool!
16935663795_2a839de219_b.jpg

How artsy :artist:

There was a really big line as you can see off to the right of this picture so I was glad we'd gotten fastpasses... ONLY... After we checked in we were told to join the line... EM WHAT???! So all these people in line had been given these little paper fast pass things and they were waiting to enter as well. Now I'm not above queuing with everyone else BUT in having booked a fastpasses we were not expecting to have to queue for ages... FAST pass not SLOW pass... FASTPASS!!!!!! Also... IT WAS SO FRICKEN HOT... LIKE REALLY REALLY REALLY HOT :mad:

Urg! How frustrating! That is the one really bad thing about BOG that they don't have a proper area to wait when its hot (which is like all the time...it being Florida and all :rolleyes:)

We ate in what I think is the Rose Gallary which is the only room I hadn't eaten in before... I think my favourite is the West Wing

I do like the West Wing but man it is so dark!

Is-it-me.gif

I haven't ever seen anything about the Universal Horror nights. Part of me really wants to go...but the other parts are really scared!!
:laughing:

All caught up! Your TR is awesome so far and I can't wait to read more! 17 days at Disney(even though they weren't all there)...that is a dream come true!!!!! I am also very jealous that you got to go to the Halloween party...it is at the very top of my Disney Bucket List!

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and my Dad and I went to Universal for the day after the IoA section of the park opened. It was a lot of fun, but my dad is pretty tall and had a hard time squeezing into some of the rides. I would like to go back eventually to see the new section, but it's not on the top of my to do lost!

We have a lot in common...ToT is my FAVORITE ride and Belle is my FAVORITE princess! We got to have lunc at BOG in December and it was so cool to get to eat in the castle from a movie I love so much! All of your character pictures are great too! I honestly like meeting the characters more now, as an adult, than I did when I was younger!

Great updates! Your breakfast at Crystal Palace and lunch at Be Our Guest looked SO good. I agree the turkey sandwich at BOG is SO good, I won't try anything different :laughing: Also, the Nutella fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow is amaaazing, oh my life. Make it happen :thumbsup2

Everything I've seen of Halloween Horror Nights looks so terrifying, I can't bring myself to go :laughing: It sounds so funny that they were ripping on Disney though, I always notice little things at Universal that seem like subtle jokes about Disney. And others that are not-so-subtle ;)

DSC03494.jpg

"Wait time: 0:00 minutes" :rotfl: of course :rotfl2:

Ye they were both great! We'recommend going to try BOG from breakfast this time! I like that you can get in early with that reservation too..

Nutella fruit waffle is going on the list!

It is pretty scary! We did it the year before too. I think it's the anticipation of people jumping out at you... you just know it's coming so you're all jittery even before it happens!

Ye sometimes they're not so suptle at all haha

For some reason I'm getting no notifications right now :sad2: So sorry I'm late again!

Yah my virtual running buddy is back.. whoop!! :dancer:
I'm also having some technical issues so hope this posts OK!

I love Halloween, I don't get why we don't do Halloween as much in the UK

I know right?! I love it too! I'd like to go back for MNSSHP again! The villians are usually really good characters to meet!

Love this photo! But why don't they have this by HM??

I have NO IDEA and it was like trying to a solve a riddle to get this photo we couldn't get a straight answer as to which photopass photographer would have it!

Such pretty sisters!
:cutie: I love your crowns princess:

Aw thank you :oops:

Hmmmm....errrr.....Harry Potterland?

Oh....that makes more sense!

Haha I full on LOL'd at this :laughing:

Urg! How frustrating! That is the one really bad thing about BOG that they don't have a proper area to wait when its hot (which is like all the time...it being Florida and all

I'm assuming now that they have proper ADRs going it won't be as bad... fingers crossed! I MELTING :faint:

I do like the West Wing but man it is so dark!
Is-it-me.gif

I haven't ever seen anything about the Universal Horror nights. Part of me really wants to go...but the other parts are really scared!!
:laughing:

Ye it is super dark! It definitely has the best atmosphere though!
It's a lot of fun but the crowds are just unreal I personally don't think it's worth it unless you shell out for the express passes.
As soon as we go into one of those scary houses I'm like 'WHY have I done this to myself!' :scared1:

All caught up! Your TR is awesome so far and I can't wait to read more! 17 days at Disney(even though they weren't all there)...that is a dream come true!!!!! I am also very jealous that you got to go to the Halloween party...it is at the very top of my Disney Bucket List!

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and my Dad and I went to Universal for the day after the IoA section of the park opened. It was a lot of fun, but my dad is pretty tall and had a hard time squeezing into some of the rides. I would like to go back eventually to see the new section, but it's not on the top of my to do lost!

We have a lot in common...ToT is my FAVORITE ride and Belle is my FAVORITE princess! We got to have lunc at BOG in December and it was so cool to get to eat in the castle from a movie I love so much! All of your character pictures are great too! I honestly like meeting the characters more now, as an adult, than I did when I was younger!

Aaaaaw :thanks:
I'm glad you are enjoying it!

It's a really long stay but when you pay the price for the flights over and you look at the deals on the UK site (which usually have an offer for 14day ticket for the price of 7) it always just makes more sense to come for a longer stay. I would love to come more regularly although with a trip in 2013 and 2014 and now one planned for January 2016 I can't really complain!

Oh definitely you should go to MNSSHP if you can! I really liked the time of year I visited because we got to do both parties AND F&W so I'm hoping to do the same time of year again.

I really enjoyed the Harry Potter movies but had never read the books so while over here in Spain I decided I'd put all 7 on my Nook and I've just finished the first! I think I'll enjoy the Harry Potter lands even more once I finished! Oh I'd imagine it's a tight squeeze on some of the rides alright! The new section in Universal is definitely worth a visit if you can but I imagine it's quite difficult to sacrifice a Disney day for a Universal one if you've got a shorter stay.

ToT is the best! I love those photos I got in 2013 of me and my sister when we took our new plush on with us! The CM's at the photo kiosk loved our pics!

11436951616_b2bd282f5e_b.jpg

Beauty and the Beast is my favourite! It was the first ever movie I saw in a cinema! I was so excited to go and eat there and our first lunch in 2013 was one of those special 'pixie dust' moments. When we sat down my cousin asked how they knew where to find us with the food and the CM just responded 'Why this is the Master's Castle, he'll find you' :cloud9:
I got to have dinner there on this trip so I'll be recapping that later!

I was never big into meeting characters and it was actually only when I started reading trip reports that I decided to meet more on my trips! I LOVE it! I think you can appreciate how clever the characters are and much they stay in character more as an adult... BUT it also helps that I'm a big kid! haha

Thanks for reading :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun! But holy cow, that is a long line for BoG! Is it always that bad now??

It was!! Well this was back when you booked fast passes for lunch at BOG so before it was a regular ADR that you could book at 180days out. I think now with it going through the regular dining reservation system it won't be as bad... Well I HOPE so anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter